Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-06 07:44:39 PM

oz

Bad News and Then Some Sad News-Missing Abbot TP Log

Redwall Log
In Log:
Oz-Papa Oz and Dibbun Caretaker
Takeo-Mate to Zinnia
Zinnia-Abbey Sister and use to be Recorder
Xander-Warrior badger in training
Quade-Squirrel
Henry-Sparrow
-spoofed guards and a couple novice

RW:Abbey
-----------------------------------
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages.  To the south you see a small, calm pond.  To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky.  The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall.
---------------------------------------------

Oz frowns as he tries to listen to the guards, and the two novices and just sighs "Ok one at a time....what!" He frowns "Abbot Benar is missing...and a novice, when/.Where.....ok just get to the infirm and those not hurt into Great Hall"

Quade slips in and frowns, "Yes..oh the abbot is missing, it’s horrible just awful"   

Xander groans, he feels like he wants to throw up and just sits on the steps, he bats away a paw and holds his head, "Not..hurt....shooooo"   

Takeo walks in slowly carrying a still form in his arms, he had not heard any news and right now he blinks as beast seem to crowd around Oz. A sniffle is heard as he stands off to the side. The fur under his eyes wet as he looks lost and in pain at the same time. "Wot..wot be going on?" He finally speaks, and his voice sounds sore.   

Oz answers "The abbot is missing, are you ok Takeo..."He seems to get worried, he didn’t hear someone else enter “Where is Zinnia..is...is she ok? Is she with those two otter friends if so she needs to get here..." Is that blood he smells as he gets closer "Are you injured?"   

Quade glances over at the badgers and frowns "Oh my seasons...is she ok?"   

Xander looks up, instantly all feelings of throwing up are gone when he sees whom Takeo is carrying and rushes over almost crashing into Oz "Mom!!! He has Mom, is she ok..is she unconcious....should I get Angela or Brother Leon"   

Takeo shakes his head, "No....Brother Leon is not needed, she is past his help..." He holds back a sob as he drops to his knees still holding Zinnia, "She...she's...."   

Oz frowns and quickly steps forward and goes to take a pulse at the wrist once he finds it and then her neck and underarm, a frown forms as he knows how to take a pulse. He listens and feels her chest and finally feels the tears come now. "H..How?"   

Quade quietly watches from where he stands out of the way.   

Xander steps back "But..how what....she isn’t!" He looks ready to have some sort of mental breakdown as he looks at her and shakes his head "Mommy..." He collapses and curls into a sort of large ball of fur and starts sobbing “Mom...mommy...noooo!"   

Takeo is unsure what to do and frowns, he goes to hand Zinnia to Oz, he will understand if he doesn’t want to hold her.   

Oz takes a deep breath and lets out one slowly, he allows the other badger to hand him Zinnia and frowns, he speaks "She is with Zork now..."   

Xander could care less who comforts him, he is in his own little lost world right now as he shivers, sobs and still under the effects of some of the knock out arrow which only makes him throw up and cough from crying at the same time.   

Quade sighs "A sad sad day"   

Takeo goes to wrap Xander in a hug, if he is allowed to that is.   

Oz still holds Zinnia since she was handed to him and goes to slowly sit on the steps leading to the wall, he calls over a couple guards as they talk quietly.   

Xander tenses up and lets out a growl, then seeing it's only Takeo he coughs and just lays on the ground, "Bad dream...I will wake up soon...." He frowns, it’s not a dream.   

Quade looks to Xander and Takeo "I am..so sorry for your loss"   

Takeo sighs as he just tries to comfort his son and isn’t sure how   

Oz listens as a guard quietly speaks to him and he nods, a blanket was laid out and he gently places Zinnia on it and walks over "Where did it happen, it could be the same..beasts I don’t think it’s random...its related somehow"   

Quade folds his arms in his lap "Well I wasn’t there when she was found I was further down the river with the abbot...and some novices as you were told"   

Xander just lets out a sob every so often and shivers, he then hugs Takeo tightly and sobs into his chest.   

Takeo frowns " Along the river, not too far from the ship...I think the group from Abbey was...further upriver or downriver"   

A black throated sparra lands near the group with a chirp, then he looks around curiously "Did something happen worm things?" Henry is here.

Oz tilts his head and sighs "A couple things...an Abbey Sister is..."He finds it hard to say it" D...dead..and a novice and our abbot is missing"   

Quade frowns from where he sits "I say...I will do my best to hunt the beasts down, not to worry on that"   

Xander has managed to calm down and now just  sits there in the grass.   

Oz walks over and lays a paw on Xander's shoulder before speaking "Takeo..carry Zinnia to the infirm for now...we....we can plan a funeral" He lets tears go down his check "We need to find Benar and the missing novice, is there any other beast missing?"   

Takeo frowns "I..I don't know sir...Milo and Ottis are still on the ship, th...they don't know yet"   

Xander frowns as he just leans into Oz and coughs a couple times"W..Why kill my mom...why they do it, sh....she isn’t a threat to anyone"

Quade says, "Why do vermin do what they do, it’s a mystery"   

Oz nods "Maybe she....saw something..but she wouldn’t of just walked into trouble on purpose...she would of came here or went to you Takeo..."   

Takeo walks over and moves head fur from Zinnia's face "I think ya being right...she saw something and they seen her and...and killed her"   

Quade says, "Very possible, I say it’s not safe outside"   

Xander suddenly growls as he stands and goes to get The Blade Of The Northwind Storms, and looks ready to  march back outside.   

Takeo frowns "Son...wait you can't go outside   

Oz frowns, maybe he will regret it later but he goes to tackle Xander as soon as he passes him, careful to avoid the blade at the same time.   

Quade gasps and decides its best if he went inside   

Xander is knocked down and struggles to get up “Let me go Uncle Oz...I need to go MURDER a vermin!!!"   

Takeo frowns and walks over, he goes to pinch an area on his neck, it won’t hurt him but it will make him pass out so he can be placed somewhere.   

Oz frowns, he speaks "Please Xander...."   

Xander growls and tries to kick Oz and then passes out when Takeo uses whatever move that was. Seems he needs some serious rest as it’s been a bad bad day   

Oz tenses as he is kicked and then sits up holding his leg.   

Takeo bends down "Is the leg ok, I am sure he dint mean too."   

Oz nods "It will be fine, will most likely bruise some..what did you do?"   

Takeo carries Xander to the infirm before coming back " Pinch a certain area at the neck and shoulder...knocks one out easy no matter size. He will be fine...well not emotional"   

Oz stands using his staff and frowns" Zinnia is...is dead. It will take time for us all to get over it"   

Takeo carries Zinnia to a place on the far side of the infirm before coming back out and sitting, placing his face in his paws.   

Oz makes his way over and sits beside Takeo, “By the way…I will get ahold of Thunderwing, I have Zee’s whistle l …he can get your friends Ottis and Milo here, you need to stay inside for now, in the abbey.”   

Takeo has already cried, a little and now he finds himself crying again and sobbing into Oz's tunic like he was some dibbun. His body shivers with grief as he breaks down, he is like this a while before he finally ends up drifting into sleep.   

Oz lets the younger badger cry, when the other badger is done he calls over a couple otters and they help Oz get Takeo to a bed. the bed he has used since him and Zinnia came to the abbey. He covers him to his chest and then slips quietly from the room.

Last edited by oz (2017-03-08 07:57:08 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer