Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-07 04:44:36 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

And this is why Felicity hates parties (IC LP log)

In which Kate learns priorities, Quinten scolds a bunch of jerks, and Felicity learns how to party smile

SCENE: Salamandastron wine cellar, then the beach nearby smile

LOG:
With the sun setting, all the good bucks and does were getting ready for bed.   
And then there was Kate.   
Tiptoeing her way past the guards, the chubby hare maid glided down the last set of stairs into the wine cellar. Her long ears twitched, listening for signs of movement. Certain she was alone, Kate grinned deviously and began to work, moving quickly through the rows of win barrels and kegs of beer while pushing a small cart infront of her.   

Felicity is a good doe. She obeys the rules, tries to not offend anyone, and strives to be the best big sister that she can be. But she is also not ready for bed. All the fights and battles she has experienced have started to take their toll, and right now she just wants to forget. So she is wandering the Mountain, just observing and noticing things about her home that she's never noticed before. The guards, recognizing her and knowing that she sometimes has to wander, let her pass with naught but a smile and a few kind words. The Runner smiles in return and heads down to the cellars. She's going to count the barrels and see if that helps....   

The doe opens the door to find a chubby hare maid struggling to lift a barrel larger than even her belly into a small push cart. Kate, while trying to get under the barrel and lift it into the cart with her back, glances up as the door opens. "L-lissie?" She gulps, but tries to smile nervously, "Quick! Lend me a paw!"   

Felicity's eyes widen as she sees her friend struggling to do something that's probably illegal. "What on Eahrth are y'doin'?" She rushes forward and helps the other maiden, mostly so she doesn't hurt herself. "Why are y'takin' wine, wot?"   

"I ain't stealin' nothin'!" With a great deal of effort, the hare heaves the wine onto the cart. Kate leans against it, taking in deep breaths before popping her back. "I'm just... relocating it is all."   

Quinten walks in, holding a lantern up higher and stares at the cart, the wine and the two hares standing next to it, "Just wot is going on in here?" he asks with a frown, "Explain yourselves at once."   

Ewan has found his way down here, he looks up and frowns as aimless walking is not always wise and he has yet to be down here for much at all.

Felicity places her fists on her hips after she has finished helping her friend. "Okay, fihrst off, that's a double negative, so y'literally just said that ye're stealin' somethin'. Second..." but then the librarian shows up. The Runner scowls at her friend, as if to say, 'Thanks, now I'm in trouble, too!' before turning to the older male hare. "Well, I was just wanderin' around, like I have t'do a lot. I have nightmares and 'orrible visions sometimes 'cause o' the battles I've been in, and I've found walkin' for a while and lookin' at details and things 'elps calm m'mind. I dunno what Kate's doin'," she adds, gesturing at the chubby haremaid.   

The chubby civilian hare gulps, her fur bristling.   
Busted.   
"Q-quinten! Sir!" Kate began to bite her lower lip. Think fast fluff ball, or the party is doomed! "I'm just... relocating some wine here. Because it's... um, gone bad! Too bitter. C-can't have it spreading to other barrels, right? That can happen, right?" She chuckles nervously.   

Quinten sets the lantern down and folds his arms, tapping his footpaw, "Really now Kate, and where is your requisition order? Or perhaps the Quartermaster has started moving things in the middle of the night?" he shakes his head and takes a step to the side and points to the door, "Put that barrel back then out the pair of you, you can both explain yourselves in me office why you where stealing vittals wot," he glances at Ewan as he wanders in, "Ewan, good evening, odd place to go wandering."

Felicity fluffs up slightly. She wasn't stealing! She thinks for a moment, then sighs. She can totally see how it seems like she was, though. "Aye, Majah, sah. Aftah I 'elp this nincompoop put the barrel back, will y'look at m' 'Ealer's note? I actually do 'ave one that gives me permission to be wanderin' around aftah light's-out, and y'can check w' th' Infirm if y'think 'tis a fake." She goes to grab the barrel, giving the other hare a horrible glare that she had BETTER help if she values anything.

Kate seems to shrink a little, "But... but sir..." Kate sighs. There was nothing to it. She was doomed. DOOMED! There is no way she could ever concince an old stick in the mud to help them steal... relocate wine to a beach party.   
"Yes sir..." There was no need to take Fel down with her, "But it was her idea." Unless of course, it meant she didn't get ALL the blame for this.   

Quinten flicks his ears, "Don't be calling me major young lass, look up yer ranks and etiquette, quill-pen crosswise through me insignia means I be tha Recorder lass, ya don't address me as major, me rank be ceremonial. It'll be a bad day fer us all if there be cause to call me Major and have me handing out orders," he taps his foot waiting impatiently, "And you Kate, I expect better behaviour from those hares who help out in my library," he waits patiently for them to put the barrel back then removes a letter from inside his tunic, "As punishment you can help me fullfill this 'ere requisition order, two barrels of tha finest strawberry fizz for tha party happening on tha beach," he looks over his glasses at them both and smirks, "If you do good at tha task aye'll think about letting ya join in and not send ya both on a watch n' watch atop tha crater."

"IT WAS NOT Y'LITTLE PERFIDIOUS MONSTAH!"  is Felicity's undignified shriek as she straightens in a rage.  "I don't even drink wine...wait, whot?"  She stares at the Recorder after they get the wine back to where it goes.  Blinking, she starts to look...panicked.  Not thrilled, not ecstatic, not pumped.  Panicked.  "Pahty?  Whot on Eahrth...what would I do at a pahty??  Wha--"

THWUMP.   
The chubby hare next to Fel let's her jaw drop before collapsing head long into the cart.

~*~

The party on the beach was in full swing. Those talented enough on the flute or fiddle provided music for the hares dancing like wild beasts around great bon fires. Hares of all ranks were dressed in swim ware and comfortable tunics, drifting between the dancing to the snack table to fill their bellies full of food and wine before hitting the 'dance floor' once again.   
It was... paradise for those wanting to cut loose.

Quinten stands by the large table and trestles set up with the barrels and other drinks from the cellar. The recorder nods, watching Felicity and Kate lever the last firkin into place, "Now lasses, no more stealin, ya think a party this big wouldn't be noticed by His Lordship or tha others? Thar be no need to steal vittals on this mountain, so fer tonight ye both enjoy tha dancing but I want ya both in my office tomorrow, you got me some essays ta write wot."

Felicity has been looking increasing terrified with every step they took out here, and now her breathing is fast and rapid.  After helping put the drink in place, she hugs herself, rubbing her arms with her paws anxiously.  She looks way beyond nervous.  She looks frightened, in a way that she's never looked around her friends before, not even in battle.  "Can....what d'ye want the essays to be on?  I....could go....an' work on mine now!  I think I'll do that..." she turns to go, not even waiting to hear what the Recorder has to say in response to her question.  She is the only one who is still in uniform, not having even known about this party, and some of the other young female hares are now staring at her, whispering and pointing.

Kate glances between the recorder and her friend. Was she really this nervous about getting into trouble with the recorder? Kate got into trouble all the time and look where it got her! She was just fine! Mostly...
"Quinten, sir." The russet hare sighs, "I have something important to tell you. I..." She looks up suddenly, squinting as she peers across the party and the sandy beaches. "I... I... will take care of that essay as soon as I can! Yes sir!" She laughs nervously before reaching a paw for Fel's arm. "Come on Lissie! Can't be having all the fun myself, Wot! You'll be fine after you get some wine in you!"

Quinten is frowning at Felicity and moves around to stand in front of her as Kate catches her arm, he crouches down and reaches out to touch her shoulder, "Come on Felicity lass, wot is it? You're not getting this worked up over a party I can tell that... something else be troubling ye lass?"

Felicity stops when her friend catches her arm (and the Recorder blocks her path).  Her name can be heard from the group of young haremaids, then....laughter.  Tears start to trickle down the Runner's cheeks.  "Can I just go?  Please?  You 'n' Kate are the only ones who want me 'ere...."  There are a few others, but she hasn't seen them here yet...mostly because she's not looking.

The laughter comes from other hares near the fire. "Blazes, who invited the den mother, wot?" "She didn't bring her bratty little sister did she?" "Who wears their uniform to a party?" "Yep, ate... too many... treats... going to... urk!"
And other such whispers can only barely be heard by the other hares simply due to their overly large ears. Kate doesn't seem to notice though, "Oh! Nonsense! I'm sure we can find someone here who wants ya to be! Like... uh..." She glances about the crowd, eyes drifting to one particular sand dune every so often, "Um..."

"Me," Quinten says standing up full and turning to glare at the nearest group of gossiping girls, that shuts them up pretty quickly once they recognize him. He's in his uniform after all, "I always enjoy hanging out with a forthright lass who knows her own mind wot wot and if anyone has a problem with that," he grins softly, "Then they can deal with me... you hares should know better, show some manners or so help me I will make you regret being so rude."

Felicity's tears start in earnest when the harsh words reach her, and she just shakes her head.  "See?  I told y'both..."  Then the Recorder does his bossy thing, and the Runner tries to tug away from her friend, looking like she's gonna bolt.  No way she can deal with this.  Right?

Kate bites her lower lip, glancing between her friend and the group of gossip hares as they shuffle off to make fun of some one else.   
This wasn't going how she imagined it. A little fun, some drinking, not having lissie have a small freak out about a party! Kate had PLANS dang it.   
Glancing at a sand dune just beyond the light of the bon fires, Kate sighs. "Alright, we can head back inside... who needs a party with food... and wine... and... social interactions." She sighs again at the last part.   

Quinten shakes his head, "Felicity, you must not listen to such people, you are a hare of the Long Patrol, you are stronger then all of those gossipy wastes of space," he gestures to the party, "You are a hare, you are a social creature, ignore those who whisper and embrace those who talk to your face and just enjoy yourself"

Felicity had started to walk away, to be honest.  But she stops, turns to the other 2, then glances at the fire, her face still scrunched up because she's on the verge of weeping.  "They've nevah liked me.  I've nevah felt welcome."  She wipes her tears on her sleeve and sniffs.  "An' I don't really know what t'do at a pahty."  But she's listening to her friends now!  That's a step in the right direction, right?

The chubby hare reaches for her friends paw, trying to coax her back to the party. "Listen to the old hare, for once. Come on. I'll show you what to do at a party."
She turned, staring longingly for a second across the beach. She had plans... wonderfull plans... but somethings were a little more important. "Ok! First thing we do is set up the wine, then we see how much food we can shovel down our gullets, and dance it all off so we can fit in our armor in the morning. Come on Lissie! Let's tear up the joint!"
And so the party went.
To the south, stretched over a solitary sand dune over looking the party, a lone shadow slinked his way down the sand, before scurrying back towards Halyard...

Quinten leaves the two young hares to it, turning away to head back toward the knot of his friends the older hares trusting to Kate to make sure Felicity has a good time and relaxes.

Felicity smiles slightly and lets her chubby friend lead her off.  While she does refrain from the wine, she eats lots of food and even dances.  She's actually pretty graceful, all things considering.  She actually does have a good time....for the first time in a long time.  And was that a group of  young male hares watching her?  Maybe life can be good, after all....

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! big_smile

Board footer