Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-23 12:06:49 AM

Ol'random
Website

Realising the Inevitable or just Paranoia? FoM/BR* TP Log - 7/21/18

*7/23 EDIT: FoM/BR stands for Fate of Marek/Blackrose - earlier abbreviation (mof) was a typo on my part, sorry.

(OOC Note: this is a log from yesterday - 7/21 - bit late to the post but oh well. tongue)

Vojin, a Wildcat,
Rigel, a Fox,
Xander, a Badger,
And John, a Squirrel.

At the Gates of Ferravle...

Vojin is at the gates, checking with guards and nods a couple times befoe heading off down the road grumbling.

Rigel is in the area not doing too much, then it's one of those basic quiet cloudy days.

Xander enters the vilage quietly, he has a couple things he needs to do and one was speak to the head guard. Seeing him he walks over and nods. "Hey...any news on Texo yet?"

Vojin shakes his head. "Sorry Xander, none. I heard a black rose member was taken captive and that even a slave was rescued?"

Rigel makes his way to the two. "Black rose causeing trouble again? I can hunt them down, place an arrow or two in them."

Xander nods to Vojin. "Yes a slave guess managed to get loose and got some help to the abbey, they are safe and Rigel we can't just go hunt them down we have to be careful. And there is more to it than just the Black Rose group I think there is others I just don't have proof nor know how to get it."

Vojin says, "There may way be more than one group. Maybe the, rat was it? Maybe he knows then again if he is willing to even speak to us."

Rigel says, "There is always ways of making one talk."

Xander nods. "I suppose. Where is the rat anyways someone said it was taken away somewhere for questioning and then I heard nothhing more of it."

Vojin crosses his arms over his chest. "I am sorry I was not told where he was taken, I did find out a name at least."

Rigel says, "Seems like not much is going on right now. Maybe this group or groups moved to elsewhere."

Coming along up to the gates is a squirrel - a guard stops him, probably due to the crossbow he has out. John looks at the thing for a moment, realizing how this all must look; him wearing most of his gear with a weapon drawn, moving rather rather quickly to the gate... He just smiles sheepishly at the guard - though it does not reach his eyes - and slings the crossbow over his shoulder with a muttered, "Sorry." The guard lets him in after a moment, eyeing the squirrel suspiciously still, and John enters. He sees Xander almost instantly, the badger among the sea of vermin being rather easy to spot. He makes his way over, hailing the him. "Hello there! Got something I need tell you, Xander!"

Xander nods, he then looks at John and steps away from the wildcat and fox. "What? Did something else happen or is it hopfully some good news?"

Vojin does keep an eye on John but otherwise doesn't seem too worried for if they know the badger then they are not some sudden threat to the area.

Rigel tilts his head curious but other wise will not intrupt. He will stay off to the side out of the way as he doesn't really speak to many beasts.

"Well," John begins, shaking his head, "Not really - got myself in a small fight with two of them slavers, killed a ferret, yesterday." The squirrel looks over at the fox having never seen him before, and pauses for moment. "He had one of the tattoos." Considering who the fox is with, John supposes it'll be fine, and so continues. "And the Martin with him - nearly got me - she was shouting about how she was going to kill Oz, me, and about half of Mossflower - boosted about killing some beast named Elm, too, she did."

Xander frowns and looks worried "Why would she be after Uncle Oz?" He frowns. "Elm was a Defender usually stayed at the base a lot. Any idea where the marten went? It may be the same one seen a couple times, she could be one of the main beasts of the horde...was anything else said?"

Vojin starts to speak when a couple guards whisper to him as he knows. "Excuse me, still a bit...chaos seeing as Texo is missing." He then hurries off with a couple Ferravale guards.

Rigel leans against a post nearby and just listens slightly, he then stands up better. "So..we look for Texo maybe or is that more a..this village job."

John shrugs. "Not really - she did say she wanted me as a slave for Ormaz, and one of her paws was injured." The squirrel looks once again at the fox, adding, "Think she said Oz did that; she didn't mention him by name, but, well, said a badger - you can guess what she actually said - that was old an' blind did it...Er," John looks from Xander to the fox and back. "Who's this Texo?"

Xander nods. "I..can check on what happened with my uncle and Texo is the archtect of Ferravale, which is not a good thing seeing there is missing blueprints and his house was burned down, he was supposed to name the bell for the Bell tower and he...wasn't there."

Rigel can't help it, he has to chuckle. "This marten seems bad at fighting if a blind old badger injuried her..hee heee." He then clears his throat. "Sorry..tis just funny is all."

"Well," John curses, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Just going t'go out on a limb here and say poor Texo's ether dead or near enough to it now." Then the squirrel turns to the fox, looking up at the larger animal. "I don't know if you've ever seen a badger - even one as old as ol' Oz - fight, but it's surprising she lived, to be sure. Only reason I didn't get skewered by an arrow from her is because her paw was injured, methinks - she still shot one at me, though."

Xander nods. 'He may be blind but he can still tell where someoen is and sometimes who they are if he hears them enough..." He looks back to John. "I don't know..he may of been viewed as important, I mean Tassel was missing and she was found...well saved..I dont know all details. Where ever the horde is it has to be close to the river or in the woods close by, just where is uncertain yet or if they moved or not."

Rigel snorts. "I know badgers can be dangerous, not seen one till recently but I have heard much of the speacies...like Bloodwrath...dangerous thing."

"Add onto it all a stick taller than me that Oz has," John says, making a vague gesture with his paws, "And that's why I'm surprised she's still around to tell a tale." The squirrel shrugs, again. "Considering how this group has been acting, I doubt they'll have much need of an architect. Probably sold the poor beast, if I'm being honest. Know out east good architects are hard to come by... And the horde? I think it's still by the river, this side, though."

Xander says, "Yes but if they thought he had info on anything they may of tried to get it from him."

Rigel nods. "Maybe if they try to sell any slaves we can catch them in the act and stop them."

John laughs, though it's rather bitter. "Too late - they've already been doing that for some time. Trust me. I tried to do that, but frankly needed more than meself. And maybe. Though perhaps he just saw something he wasn't supposed to, and dealt with him that way..."

Xander sighs. "We have to find a way to stop this group..groups before something else happens, it has not been too bad on the roads but how long will that last till they try and take over teh abbey or Ferravale even. I been thinking of seeking help from somewhere maybe but I don't know."

Rigel says, "Help from where, like more recruits for Defenders, I could help with that or maybe you can ask like..Camp Willow..ummm those shrews, forgot the name begns with G."

"You know," John says, once again chuckling with a shakes his head, "I've been saying for a month now we need to get a large band and deal with them - but everybeast's been too scared to do anything 'till now. And the otters are helping."

Xander speaks. "Long Patrol...I could go with a couple others maybe even have Lord Ciocan come....lets just say..He is farly tall, like taler tham me even...he has like a large war hammer but its..lets see week going by river to get there, from sea and river meet its a day to the mountain."

Rigel asks, "Would they even help or decide not to?"

The squirrel's eyes widen. "A day? Since when have we been able to do that?" John laughs again, though this time it's genuine. "Well, the Patrol hates slavers - and likes the Abbey. They'll help - and organized military like their's could probably crush this Blackrose within a week or so..." John looks Xander in the eye. "We don't want a few of them. I say we get as many as we can - with a few hundred, well, there wouldn't be any more trouble with slavers..."

Xander says, "A week, it's a day after we get to the sea coast to get the rest of the way so by river...guess 7-8...7-9 days trip"

Rigel listens. "Hundred hares? Most likely not that many would come."

"Oh, blast." The squirrel mutters, "Would've left today by boat myself if it were a day's trip..." John taps his sword at his side, his tail twitching. "Listen - if I know anything, it's that numbers tend to win a war in the end. Not saying this is a war yet, but... Anyway, if even half the things I've heard 'bout the patrol is true, they'll help - and do it in a way to cost as few lives as possible."

Xander nods. "I..may ask Abbot Benar what he thinks first, see who may want to go with me...but we would have to be careful and hoefully not be seen or followed by anyone we, well wouldn't want to see."

Rigel says, "Well I for one could not tag along. They most likely dislike vermin species and how you be letting them know some of the vermin are are your side?"

John says, "Oh, they hate them, for sure." The squirrel nods to Xander, adding, "Look- I think our best bet is to hole up in this town and the abbey, and get all the beasts gathered in Mossflower not with the slavers in those places and guard them, wait for the Patrol to arrive with an army - I think an open battle with this group could easily crush them, and, to be frank, y'cant capture a beast to be a slave easily if they're behind a wall."

Xander nods. "True, the abbey is sealed no one can easyly go in and out, Ferravale is more....open I dont think they would seal up. I worry about trade beasts on the roads, so far as I know no one has had trouble...yet and I dont know if anything has happen in daylight or night...wait when did you see the ferret and Marten?"

Rigel says, "Traders may need to be warned and there is that market in the woods south of here and a little north of the abbey."

"Yesterday, like I said." John answers, simply. "And do you know if they've been attacking vermin? So far as I can tell, it's only been woodlanders they've been going after for slaves. And few woodlanders would ignore a call from the abbey."

Xander says, "Well Texo is a weasel and he is a slave now seems and they did threaten Marek I know. Any leaders could way be in trouble."

Rigel asks, "So close the marketplace?"

John shrugs. "Isn't this Ormaz beast Marek's brother?" and Marek can go hang for all I care, he adds silently. "As for Blisa - her guards have been doing a decent job. But they aren't going after the average vermin beast, have they, now? And again, I think Texo was taken because he was an architect - though he could have been taken...though what could he know..." The squirrel pauses for a moment, looking down. He curses, as if he's realized something, suddenly looking up and around. "Where's the head guard?" Another curse. "You said this Texo's the village architect, right? Well," Another curse, "He might know of any weaknesses in this town - any entrances that are hard to find, any weaknesses in the buildings..."

Xander frowns. "I..I don't know where the Head Guard is. His name is Vojin...a wildcat, he would be in uniform and was just here little while a go and yeah Ormaz is Marek's brother."

Rigel asks, "Brother? Well that can't be a good thing."

"And this brother," John says, urgently, "Might be planning something for Ferravele." Rubbing his temples, the squirrel begins to explain, "Why need an architect? Why burn all the plans? Well, maybe he needs Texo as a guide of sorts, and the blueprints gone so no one can tell what's missing from them!"

Xander listens. "Maybe you need to have a meeting with Blisa or Vojin at least. But yeah Texo likely had a lot of blue prints for Ferrvale, he did help build the bell tower as well...well as..." He stops as something seems to dawn on him. "He helped with building the Defender's base...also."

Rigel slips off quietly as the two talk to one another, there isnt much he can do but he could maybe try and find out some stuff from beasts in or around the town.

A very, VERY colorful word slips from the squirrel's mouth at that last little tidbit of information. "Well then - get the all beasts at the base to Redwall." John looks around, shifting weight from one hind paw to the other. "In fact, I'll come with - I'll send a messenger bird to the chieftain from the abbey. We can't risk a raid there, at the base, not now. We need to shut down woodlander travel - or have convoys. Two guards for every one traveling beast might work..."

Xander says, "We can't close the Defender base down...and its not like we can train anywhere else, there is a training ground beside...we can up the guards, we do have guards...not many but its not a large place either." He is a bit worried and nods slowly. "And a couple are at Redwall, Like Krisha is and of course Northstar is staying at the abbey and a few Defenders are helping as wall guards for teh abbey."

John gives the badger a long, hard look. "They might not have much need for training, soon. If they get attacked, well, there's not enough beasts there to properly defend it. And it'll be a waste of resources. The abbey, however..." The squirrel shrugs. "It also has an open area - could use that. Not like one needs anything more than staves, really, to train." He takes a step back, looking Xander in the eyes. "I'm going to be a bit harsh here mate, but... Your defenders are dropping like flies, and most of them have been unneeded deaths. You're are leader, yes?" He asks, still looking at the badger.

Xander nods. "Yes I am leader of the Mossflower Defenders and as for training in the abbey..Benar won't allow that, there is maybe a clearing in the woods or, maybe Ferravale. I don't know I do know its imporant to keep up training and maybe look into better armor." He hmmms. "I have some armor but only worn it once..my Grandfather worn it before me and his father, and...well it's in the family."

"A leader's duty is to make sure every beast he's in charge of is the safest they can be." John narrows his eyes at the badger, continuing, "Better armor for you may help you, but what's that gonna achieve in the end? It wouldn't have helped this poor Elm, or save Texo, unless you were there. And while you yourself might be a great warrior, there's only one of you, and you can't be everywhere." He sighs, shaking his head. "And as for the abbot, however," The squirrel then says, with a tangible amount of venom in his voice, "The more I see and hear about what he's been doing makes me start to question if he's even at all concerned about the amount of sacred, wounded, or dead beasts piling up at his doorstep."

Xander takes a deep breath and exhales... "He is concerned but the abbey is a place of peace not....fighting and training to fight and I DO want to protect beasts of course I do and I know I cant be everywhere, no one can....and Defendr beasts can always have better armor too ya know...and before you say anything I am concerned as well but if a Defender or any beast decides to go fight, me or no one can really stop them, they can try."

John takes another step back, just in case the badger, well... "Look - a place of peace is bloody well fine until it isn't." He shakes his head, adding, "And I don't know about you - but the way this Blackrose, this Ormaz has been actin, and what they've been saying, they're rather set on harming Redwall in some way. And peace isn't going to end well." He shrugs. "I don't now if you're old enough to remember, but Redwall has been taken over in the past - the last time with many, many beasts dying because of those in charge being too scared to do anything before disaster struck. This is all too much the same for my liking, and the abbot should know better." Tapping his helm for a moment, he then says, "As for better armor - even a beast encased from head to toe in it can get killed by a lucky shot from a sling or bow. I've seen it happen."

Xander mutters something, "Look I KNOW WHAT SLAVERS ARE LIKE...." He frowns and takes a few deep breaths and snorts.."I WAS a SLAVE for 4 seasons... Jedrick... wildcat took me, almost killed my Uncle Zee... this wildcat wanted to ....." He snorts remembering full well those 4 seasons... "Maybe it's one reason I can fight and use a blade so well..I DON'T know...I mean..." He calms. "Uncle Zee...even Marek...couple others trained me too,and the abbey is not some...hardly any of them know how to fight..."
Xander growls and grips a hold of his blade and then lets go of it and kicks over a barrel of rain water and just takes a few very deep breaths and looks at the squirrel before muttering a, "Sorry....maybe we should....go patrol or something...."

The squirrel steps back again as Xander knocks over the barrel, and now there's some distance between himself and the badger. John rubs the faded scars on his wrist with a grim smile when he hears it all. However, there's little to no reaction to it beyond that- though his voice is softer as he responds to that last part. "Few of the beasts at the abbey know how to fight, yes - but what happens when the enemy is at the very gates? When those beasts - who will have to fight - untrained and ill equipped in the name of peace face death, what will they say? 'At least I didn't spill any blood?'" John shakes his head. "We can't - shouldn't - let any more beast die who don't have to. And if the abbey continues with this facade of peace, many, many beasts will die who don't have to."

Xander is sill a bit...peeved. "I don't know..I really don't..there is places to..hide...like Uncle Oz will protect the dibbuns, novice and older beasts maybe ..." He frowns. "Maybe I need to think on getting a small group together and get to Salamanastron sooner rather than later but still I dont think Benar will...let beasts train in the open grounds, maybe train some to use staffs...if allowed...it's why the abbey relies on others to help them in times of need."

John snorts. "Hiding? Is that..." He falls silent, looking down. "Many good beasts will die for no reason if the abbey falls. I think we need to convince the abbot to relay on us, to let your defenders into the abbey - all of them - and do what you lot are named for. Defend. Perhaps none of the order will have to fight, even. But one things is for certain: we can't let the abbey fall."

Xander frowns. "No..the abbey can't fall. One of us can...talk to him, here soon...I need to go to the base, see who is there, who isnt, who is already at the abbey...." He takes a deep breath and walks towards the base, he will let the squirrel go wherever it is the squirrel plans to go.

Sighing, John looks down at his hind paws. After a moment, he calls after the badger, "Look mate, I'm sorry for being a bit harsh! Good luck!" The squirrel then shakes head, turning back towards the gate. "Benar already has refused me before, but, never hurts to try..." He mutters as he goes.

Last edited by Ol'random (2018-07-24 12:33:36 AM)

I play Atticus, John, Lossow, Terrence, and Spruce
The Long Patrol Landing Page!
Usually on the MUCK Saturdays + Monday & Wednesday evenings if I have the time
Fastest way to reach me is via my Discord: Luke_SkyOtter#1438

Board footer