Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-22 05:18:19 PM

oz

Updating An Old Friend-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:
Oz- Badger Mother of Redwall Abbey, AKA Papa Oz

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Sinway-Returning otter warrior

spoofs: Some dibbuns towards the end and a random novice

Log:

**Redwall Abbey Library **

Oz had just got done with a math lesson and so makes sure all the seeds and beads he uses are back in the boxes and sits them aside as he leans back in his chair. He still has the bandage on his cheek.

Xander makes his way to the library, after asking like the 4th order beast where his uncle was and finally finding him. He frowns and right away is walking over to him "Wot happen? Someone said there was a marten and..why wasn't I told..what happen?"

Oz already heard him coming, he lets him get whatever out he needs to say before he speaks "I am find Xander, I was not hurt badly its just a small cut on the cheek"

Xander just frowns"But your hurt and I should of been around to help, w..why did they go after you for, wait where was this...where did it happen?" Again, worried and disliking not being told sooner of this.

Oz sighs "Relax, it was at the gates. Karth had two beasts that needed inside and I was the only one thereto open the gates and close them back quickly. The marten took a swing at me with her blade and I slammed my staff into her paw. I am unsure how much damage it did but it distracted her enough for the gates to be closed."

Xander listens, he tries to and sighs "But wot if she didn't get your cheek or what if you missed her paw..what if..."He doesn't want to think of other possible what ifs.

Oz feels the bandage and then speaks "Xander..I could tell where she was and what is done is done. Yes it could of been worse but as you see I am fine and she is likely where ever she is by now."

Xander sighs and sits down quietly and says nothing.

Oz arches an eyebrow "I know your still there Xander and that something is on your mind, wot is it?"

Xander doesn't speak right away and then sighs, "John said he ..ran into the marten and she was saying how she was gonna get her revenge and come back and finish wot she started." He folds his paws in his lap "Also..her paw is slightly pretty bad off, broken really bad...look it worries me ok"

Oz listens "And she would not be able to get into the abbey, no one would allow that."

Sinway walks in with a slight confused look on his face, the otter deciding to wonder into the library after hearing voices, as he does he mutters to him self in a deep and gruff voice "Had to fight to get in, guards be on the wall tops what be goin' on." He doesn't even notice the two badgers whos conversation he is interrupting

Xander nods "I...know but..it still scared me when I was told my uncles life is being threaten by some vermin. And its not like your a fighter. And the horde has been quiet lately but how long will that last?" He slowly turns around to see the otter "Slavers are around..beasts are missing and some have been killed so the abbey, as well as Ferravale, is on high alert"

Oz tilts his head at the voice, it seems familiar but he can't place it, he clears his throat "Xander...relax"He has a bandage on his cheek, then answers the otter also" A horde has been gathering forces, they have not yet tried to attack the abbey but its better to be safe than sorry."

Sinway ears perk up finally noticing the two "Vermin horde and slavers, tis always somethin' goin' on in mossflower." The otter steps in closer and in better view of the two badgers "I had no idea, saw a few vermin runnin' round on me way into mossflower, but wasn' anythin' out of the ordinary." The otter lowers the hood on his traveling cloak and gives a greeting "Good day to ye mates, Names Sinway.........been a very long time since i been here."

Xander studies the otter and nods "The hooded cloak me of been one reason the guards seemed a little....off." He smiles a little "Xander Winters.."He offers a paw "Leader of the Mossflower Defenders."

Oz says, "I remember a..Sinway yes" He chuckles a little as he listens to them talk, "Yes there is not many guards, some Defenders help with that and I know a couple guards are uneasy since we do not know what the vermin are up to. Only some clues of a group but it seems its 2-3 groups joined together now""

Sinway ears flicker a little at oz words "You, have to forgive me then mate, I got holes in me momory from a old injury." He grasp Xander's paw firmly giving it a few good strong shakes with his tattooed paw "Tis a pleasure to meet ye mate, and I guess I will ask, is there anything a battleworn traveler can do to help?"

Xander smiles "We could use all the help we could get and the Defenders are looking for fighters to join..also" He speaks to Oz "Uncle Oz I am thinking of asking Abbot Benar on...making me and a couple others going to Salamandastron, to see if Lord Ciocan could...help maybe, send some hares or something"

Oz nods "You can mention it and yes I am Oz...Dibbun caretaker, badger mother..."He chuckles "Papa Oz as the dibbuns like to call me"

Sinway nods and laughs "Sorry, the cloaks a force of habbit, roaming around dangerous ports and all." He then looks over to Oz "tis a pleasure to meet ye both, and I be happy to help, Redwall is sort of my home......or was when i was a novice, and if vermin be threatenin' it, how could i not help." He finds a spot to sit taking his cloak off and sitting it down on the back of the chair "Tis, just a shame, after chasin' pirates out at sea for so long, was hopin' I could get some peace." He then chuckles at Oz "Ye must be the first male badgermum Rredwall ever had"

Xander folds his arms over his chest "We...want some peace too but the roads and woods are slowly getting more dangerous, so far no one important...least from the abbey, has disappeared and I rather no one ends up missing"

Oz chuckles "Perhaps and I have been taking care of the dibbuns for a long while now and plan to for many more seasons." He smiles "I am in the progress of training a new badger mother but as I said I don't plan on going anywhere for a long time."

Sinway looks at the two "either way, i be here to help in any way I can." He gets comfortable resting his tired paws "Don't let me interrupt, please continue yer discussion."

Xander frowns "Let's hope Krisha has a ton more training ta do..." He nods "Well the Defenders are looking for recruits if you like to join, our base is south of Ferravale...though John brought up rather or not to have the Defenders here but I think Benar would frown on that. I mean we can still...help with defense"

Oz says, "I would say no too, the abbey is a place of peace and not some....training grounds. I am sure he would welcome extra help on maybe wall patrols and the Defenders are needed in the woods and around Ferravale"He frowns "Also Ormaz may well try and go after Blisa...""

Sinway shakes his head at Xander "Yer gonna have to show me where this Ferravale be at......tis ain't a place i know of." He then nods over to Oz " I think I'll throw my self in with the Defenders, what about the otter's, what about Camp Willow? Its been so long since I been to mossflower, is Camp Willow gone?"

Xander nods "You be welcome in the Defenders and I be happy to let you join. I can show you the base a little later. And Camp Willow is around."

Oz nods "Camp Willow had a run in with some..vermin not to long ago and had to do some rebuilding, but I know they would also help and may well be helping as clues point to the vermin..mainly a group called Black Rose are close to the river somewhere"

Sinway nods to both of you again "Well, tis good to know it still be around, till then ill let ye keep talking, I'm going to rest me tired paws for a moment and just listen."

Xander nods "Yeah that Marten that tried to kill you is part of the Black Rose....ones of other main assassins that is why I was so worried uncle Oz and...just...I know you rarely leave just b careful though...ok" He sighs "I don't know who the other groups are...Patch, a rat might know..he is..well I don't know how to desc Patch really but he is not a threat, annoying yes but not a threat"

Oz nods."I know to be careful as for who else is helping I do not know...Camp Willow I think is busy making sure the camp is safe and trying to also help find the vermin base. We have one slave that managed to escape but she is in the infirm and no one has talked to her yet"

Xander nods "Tassel is recovering...and with dibbun. I am not sure how she is doing I just know Anatole is glad she is back and has yet to leave her side to the point I am ready to drag him from the infirm just to make sure he is eating still and getting needed rest."

Oz says, "I heard but not when the dibbun is to be born, either way she needs rest and yes Anatole needs to make sure he is eating and getting rest when needed also "He smiles "I think Abbot Benar is best to tell him that, most do not refuse the abbots request, if he says do something...you do it""

Xander hmms "I may need to ask Benar to speak to Anatole then...or Angela"He smiles "Either would work."

Oz nods and is quiet before he speaks "Your doing ok, right Xander...not over stressing yourself. You need rest also you know. You could have Karth take over a couple days."He is being serious."The Mossflower Defenders need their leader to be at his best, well rested and ready to fight when needed. Besides I am sure Krisha and Northstar would like a couple days of not worrying as much. I"

Xander seems to think and nods "Ok Uncle Oz...I will have Karth take over but just a couple days. I have been...stressed but..its just a couple of the group..died and.."He takes a deep breath not mentioning an argument he had with another member, he nods "I am gonna get some sleep in..."He goes to hug Oz and then nods to the otter before slipping off to get some much needed rest.

Sinway nods to the badger as he leaves "You will have to show me this Ferravale is." Then he turns back to the blind badger "So much un happy times going on in mossflower, tis such a shame."

Oz nods as he listens "Ferravale is north, its a vermin village mostly but we have a peace treaty with them. Blisa is leader now, her father Scioto was leader before that...they recently have their architect missing, which is not good for the village"

Sinway nods "I'l have to go check it out........guess I better keep my cloak down when I approach a vermin village huh."

Oz is silent "Ferravale is....depends on whom you run into, most respect us, some don't. You can get harmed there but its rare...though the path to the village may be a little uneasy. There is a stoat there named Marek, runs the tavern he...well he used to be evil but has changed doesn't even carry a weapon around or so been told and is Ambassador of Ferravale also, sadly its his brother who is evil and his brother is a threat."

Sinway nods "I can hold me own, don't worry.......would like to meet this Marek, always make friends with a tavern owner mate.......always useful." He laughs a deep hearty laugh at that

Oz nods "Well he is likely in his tavern, he is allowed in the abbey now but doesn't come inside too often....some dislike him still."

Sinway hmms a little then shakes his head "I tend to judge by actions......but I  have met a fair amount of good vermin in me travels across this world, so as long as this Marek guy doesn't make me question his intent I should have no problems with him"

Oz nods "I only been to Ferravale once, then as told Xander I rarely leave the abbey" He lays a paw on the bandage on his cheek "This happen at our gates when a couple injured beasts were brought inside, the marten took a swing at me with some sort of blade and I hit her in the paw with my staff..she was distracted and I got the gates shut again. I guess she now..wants me dead" He shrugs "I am not too worried, but if she returns and say....gets inside then I will deal with it."He is quiet but speaks "She tries to harm anyone,  any dibbuns.....I wont lie, I will fight her off"

Sinway nods and understands the badgers feelings "I know how ye feel mate, before I left the order, i was novice level two was gonna be the first otter dibbun caretaker." He sighs remembering happier times "I don't know where i will be in this whole mess, but you can bet ill be on the frontline makin' sure me home be safe and free of vermin"

Oz says, "Help is most welcome, Not many at the abbey have fighting skills, I can use a staff and strength also, but fighting is a last resort only. There is a small few who have more fighting skills. Our Gatekeeper Dorarose in a trained fighter and of course our Abbey Champion can fight. Martin has recently led to us a new Champion in this time of need"

Sinway nods and replies "Me weapon of choice be a short sword, always used them, used to have two one that belonged to me mom, and another that belonged to me father, I.....got them when me clan was killed, when i was just a pup, I only have one though, me mom and dad's sword broke, had them reforged into one sword." At  the talk of abbey champion the otter looks over at the badger surprised "Who be the new champion.........what happen to Flicktail.........I sure hope no harm has come to be matey Flicktail." There is great concern in his voice as he speaks "

Oz says, "Her name is Matilda, a hedgehog and I don't know where Flicktail is, he left one day and didn't come back and that's been a while now. His mate Rayen went to look for him and last i heard she may be on the western shores. But no one knows where he went..I am sorry and there been no news, good or bad""

Sinway nods feeling a little down now "Somethin' must of come up, Flick wouldn't just abandon redwall, or mossflower." He sighs leaning back in his chair "Well no use in worrying about it, I just hope he is ok." He changes the subject a little focusing on the new champion "Matilda the hedgehog huh, well hedgehogs have always been good strong beast, sure she will make a wonderful champion.'

Oz nods "I am sure he is fine. I also am a friend of his and......"He stops mid sentence as a novice comes screaming and falls covered in flour and honey and what looks like....feathers?. Oz blinks as he can tell the notice is sticky when he helps him up "What..." Then a chorus of giggles and then gasps, there is his answer a group of 5 dibbuns, likely the DAB as he clears his throat and walks towards them, the dibbuns are doomed to chores most likely as the poor novice whimpers.

Sinway laughs and shakes his head "At least that will never change, Dibbuns will always be dibbuns." The otter gives a quick goodbye as the badger is off to do his duties as badgermum "Take care mate, I'll see ye around."

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer