Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-12 04:40:19 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The tomb of Martin the Warrior (IC RP & long log)

I apologize for any and all typos, and if I missed any poses.  sad 

Also, please don't have your characters know anything about this little adventure.  Literally only Benar, Lacota, Krisha, and DoraRose know what happened down there, so please don't have your character know.  This was logged because 1) I am a compulsive logger, 2) if I didn't log, I might not remember or be able to find out what happened, 3) for posterity, and 4) so all the players who have Matilda's password will be able to quickly look up what she is supposed to do to prove that she is, indeed, Martin's next Champion.  SO!  Yeah.  You guys don't seem like the people to do use OOC information ICly, but I felt I should say it. 

And I also give y'all permission to, if your characters would be curious about this, have them say that, when they asked D.R. where she was during this span of time, she told them to ask the Abbot smile

CHARACTERS:  Benar, a male squirrel.  Lacota, another male squirrel.  Krisha, a female badger.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Various spoofs.

LOG:
Benar is standing by the door from the kitchen that leads into the gardens speaking quietly to one of the novices on duty. The abbot is holding a long list of items and is ticking various baskets off as they are carried inside and off toward the larder or pantry. It seems he is helping over see the summer herb crop being brought in and stored.   

Krisha walks into the kitchens and upon seeing the Abbot she nods a hello "Hello Abbot Benar" She goes to place some mugs in the sink for washing before walking back to where the Abbot is.   

Benar looks up from his list, "Oh Krisha, hello there, I hope you are having a good day," he stops to look at a basket as it is brought in, "Oh Nutmegs, ok take those to the cellar actually, that is where the spice grinder has been set up," he looks up at the badger, "What have you been up too?"   

Krisha smiles " I was helping out with the dibbuns a little ealier today"   

Benar smiles softly, "How has that been working out for you Krisha?" he ticks off another basket, sending it on its way, "Are you enjoying working with Oz?"   

Krisha says, "I can see where the dibbuns can sometimes get outa paw but other times they behave and they have the treehouse now and seem to enjoy it""   

Benar says, "I heard about the treehouse, I am glad it got built. We used to have one when I was little, but the tree it was built in was cut down as it was dead." he smiles quietly, "It is very nice to see that we have managed to build one""   

Krisha nods "I think it needs pained still on the inside. Maybe we can get a couple beasts to help and let the dibbuns help too somehow as it is their treehouse, and it could be something to help cheer up some beasts around here and...well have something good to think on for a change"   

Benar says, "It would be nice to have something like that to focus on and I am sure... that is a fine job for yourself to organise Krisha as it was your idea. You, the dibbuns, lots of paint and paint brushes I am sure it'll be a lovely afternoon.""   

Krisha smiles "Do you think I could be in charge of something like that? I mean I could also ask maybe some novices to help or should I let the dibbuns decide how it should look as it is their treehouse?"   

Benar says, "Ask the dibbuns of course and I think you will do a fine job of being in charge," he strokes his chin, "Not the novices... I wouldn't ask that of them. Maybe some of our younger residents who are not novices, Lilymoore and others about her age.""   

Krisha nods "There is that..Kenya I think is her name, maybe she can help then she is one of the older dibbuns"   

Benar says, "Ah yes that would be good, I know Kenya is hoping to join the order. This would be a good job for her to help out with before she becomes a Novice.""   

Krisha smiles "Then I will think on doing this soon, on a sunny day of course"   

Benar says, "A nice sunny day would be best and it'd be good for us to have something nice to think about. Especially with all those slavers out there in the woodlands.""   

Krisha frowns "Yeah..I worry about that at times, notthat I will go out but I know Xander does and some of the Defenders. I just dont want to see anyone hurt, or worse..anyone"   

Benar says, "Well that is why I put a bar on the gates, I don't want people going out unececcsarily without a good reason." he frowns, "I still... harbour concerns about the defenders, considering who they were founded by... but those are personal""   

Krisha says, "Xander is in charge of them now and so far most members are woodlander, there is like one fox now though"   

Benar says, "Xander does a good job," he shifts and turns to look out the door, "Well that looks like all the herbs and spices are in, it was quite a bountiful harvest for the summer which is nice." he rolls up his scroll, "I am sure Lacota will be pleased to have a fresh stock of herbs, spices and other sundries for our stocks and supplies.""   

Krisha smiles "Its also good to know what we have in supplies. "   

"Yes, I *am* pleased." It's like he appears whenever his name is mentioned, this time from the direction of the cellar. "I can hardly wait to get this all catalogued..."   

Benar smiles at the Friar, "How is the spice grinding going?" he asks, assuming Lacota has just come from where the spice grinder is set up in the cool of the cellar, "We have a very fine crop of cinnamon, nutmeg and tumeric. It'll be wonderful to have such a good stock of things once again. So Lacota, i was just putting Krisha here in charge of taking the dibbuns out to paint the inside of their treehouse."   

Krisha waves to the Frair "Hello Friar Lacota, how is your day?"   

DoraRose comes into the kitchen, holding a paw over her eye. "Ow....hey, can I....never mind!" Upon seeing who's in here, she turns around and starts to walk right back out again!   

Lacota nods at Benar. "Yes. I have Novice Brad assisting me... Ah! Cinnamon, though! I can smell the cinnamon buns already... And the candied apples." The squirrel licks his lips. "They have a treehouse, now? I suppose next they want cookies and cake for their secret treehouse meetings..." He points a finger at DoraRose, and calls out, "Wait!"       

Benar quirks a brow as Dora imediatly tries to leave again but doesn't interfere, "Well I think what is more likely to happen is raids on your kitchen by DAB, sorry," he is smiling as he says it however and nudges Krisha, "You'll do fine at looking after the children... now the," he shifts his robes and reaches for the wrapped package he left by the door table, "I really do need to go put this away."   

Krisha stays off to the side, she chuckles a little "Cookies may make the dibbuns have too much energy"   

DoraRose glares at the Friar with her uncovered eye. She says nothing, but she's obviously thinking, 'You ain't the boss of me!' But she does say, "Yeah, sugar seems to make the Dibbuns go nutso. And I think Lily told me that the DAB Ringleader was saying something about spicey pies, so I would suggest hiding all the hotroot." She's not showing what's wrong with her eye.   

Lacota nods. "Well, I have to do *something* for the occasion, or I'll never hear the end of it. You know how young ones are... Perhaps a few strawberry tarts... Just where is this treehouse, anyway?"   

Benar shifts his package, it is quite long and and bulky but he looks between Lacota and Dora and starts tapping a foot, "I am sure the Friar will put the hotroot someplace safe, thanks for the warning. Now what is going on between the pair of you? Lacota if you would be so kind as to help Dora with her eye and then... yes I think it would be appropriate if I had the Friar, the GateKeeper and..." he turns his eyes on Krisha, considering her for a long moment, "The future Badger Mother of Redwall accompany me," he smiles at the Friar, "I am sure Krisha will be happy to help with that."   

Krisha is curious of the package now, then it could just be something for storage as she nods "I would be glad to help with something"   

DoraRose looks at the Abbot in protesting innocence. "Nothing's going on between us! UNGH, fine," she lowers her paw to reveal a beauty of a bruise. "I was practicing my paw-to-paw with one of the guards and I ended up getting punched in the eye. I didn't want to talk to my grandmother about it just yet, so I came down here for a cool cloth. I have the feeling she'd see me going to the well and that would just end up being a huge mess." She squints at the Abbot. "What do you need help with? I'll fight anyone," she adds with a slight smile.   

Lacota looks confused. "Between us? Huh?" The Friar is rather clueless. "I just wanted to ask her about some things... Nothing between us, that I know of..."   

Benar smiles quietly and shakes his head at Dora, "We are not fighting anyone Dora... really now why would I of all people ask you to fight them," he starts toward the door then stops, "Now then let's see about that eye Friar if you would please then we can go."   

Krisha follows the group to where ever they are going   

Lacota grabs a piece of raw fish, and wraps it with a leaf of lettuce. "Here, DoraRose, hold this on your eye. It'll help with the swelling."   

DoraRose accepts the lettuce-wrapped fish and holds it to her eye. "Thanks...." She turns and goes to follow the Abbot. "Well, if some crazy vermin or whoever had attacked you, I could see you asking me to fight them so no other creatures get hurt again....."

Benar smiles at Dora and walks through into Cavern Hole leading everyone with him, "Well thankfully no one has attacked me Dora," he nods to the group of moles who have rigged some gear over the steps to the main hall. They have slid the W engraved flagstone out of place revealing a previously hidden staircase leading down, "A foremole, thank you for your help," he addresses the chief mole who tugs his cap, "Burr h'okay Abbot, tis our pleasurem, we'll waitum up 'ere fer you n yours to get back and make sure no beast stumbles into it." Benar nods and glances at the other three, "Thank you Foremole, Krisha dear, get that lantern would you?"   

Krisha nods as she gets a lantern and blinks "What is..down here..wait there is..this is under the abbey?" Well this is new to her.   

Lacota looks to Krisha. "Lass... This is no simple sub-basement." He knows it well from his reading up on Abbey history. "This is a tomb, but I'll let Benar explain further."   

DoraRose's eye widen. "Wait....is this...." she shuts up when she hears what the Friar has to say. Yeah, let the Abbot explain. She's too busy getting a goofy smile on her face. She may or may not freak out slightly down there, although what about is still a question. She'll follow the Abbot down when he goes....

Benar starts down the stairs, the light from Krisha's lantern illuminating the tightly spiralled staircase. The air is dry and still and the walls are large, foundation sized blocks of sandstone, "Indeed this is a very special staircase Krisha, only the Abbot can order it open and even then there must be a reason and usually only when ordered to do so," he pauses and looks up at the group, "This is the staircase to Martin's tomb.... and he has given me instructions but for this trip I need witnesses."   

Krisha nods slowly and stays very quiet, she has heard a couple stories of Martin the Warrior. She makes sure there is enough light and moves at a good pace so all see where tehy are going.   

Lacota follows closely. He's rather curious what these instructions are, but knows not to ask too many questions. "You know, I discovered another tomb at the end of a long tunnel in the cellar... Never bothered to explore it further, though."

DoraRose touches the wall as she descends. "Martin gave you instructions? Huh..." she sounds a bit skeptical, but is trying to hide it. Even though she has spent half her life here in the Abbey, and has even had visions in which Martin was speaking to her personally, she still has some pretty big doubts about whether his Spirit is actually here, visiting people in dreams and visions.

Benar says, "That would be Abbess Germaine's tomb," he says softly, "That is also another special place," he steps off the bottom of the stairs and turns to regard Dora, "Sometimes yes, he is always with us even now, especially here..." he points down the corridor, "We go this way it won't take long now.""   

Krisha nods as she follows, curious now of this place.   

Lacota huhs. "Abbess Germaine. Yes, I recall the name. I think I'll ask the foremole to shore up the tunnel I found, in that case..."   

DoraRose is still following, and is grateful that the darkness hides the look on her face. Well, that and the fish peice that she's holding onto her eye. "Germaine? Wasn't she the first Abbess? She knew Martin." She touches the wall again. "How far down do you think we are?" She sounds slightly nervous. Nothing like being buried under a humongous building and who knows how much soil to set the Warrior on edge!   

Benar remains silent, letting the others talk as he drifts along, his habit whispering quietly against the flagstones. He finally stops before a foor, the stout timbers and banded iron looming over them, "We are here... now before we go inside," he turns to face the others, "Touch nothing, take nothing unless I hand it you and... remember he sleeps here," he reaches out with one hand and without even looking depresses an iron stud set in the door which causes it to creak softly and start to swing open on balanced hinges, "Abbess Germaine is buried at the foundations, at the heel and strength that raises the abbey so strong above us to protect and shelter." he turns to look at the room beyond, "This is the tomb of Martin the Warrior, this beneath the centre of all is its heart."

Krisha blinks, she is unsure of weather to even speak and just simply nods and keeps the light so all can see where they are and where they are going.

Lacota mhmms, quietly, as he steps through the door. "Many, many seasons ago, Matthias, our second greatest champion after Martin, discovered this tomb during the time of Cluny the Scourge," he explains to Krisha. "Martin's Shield was here, and Matthias recovered it..."

DoraRose nods. Touch nothing. Gottit. Like the museums in Roma. Touch something and you get kicked out. And possibly flogged, depending on your age. "Oh, I think all the Champions were pretty great," is all she says.

Benar steps inside and pauses before the sarcophagus he then bows to it and moves forward, "Martin's shield... yes..." he lays his package on the floor and unwraps it, revealing a burnished round shield emblazoned with the bells of Redwall and a large M and... the sword itself. 'I am that is' is written along the double edged blade, the red pommel stone gleaming softly in the light from Krisha's lantern. "Have a look around if you like."   

Krisha looks at the blade and shield..."Whoa....that is....wow." The light is placed where it can cast all around the room.   

Lacota lets his eyes adjust to the dim light. "You know, Martin visited me in a dream once... Back when I was temporarily blind... That was before your time, Krisha..."

DoraRose looks at the sword and smiles slightly. "Been a few seasons since I've been this close to the sword. Flicktail, the Champion before Magramba, sent me the sword at Martin's urging. I used it in battle to help free Mossflower from a maniacal tyrant." She looks around the room, then at the sarcophagus. "I wouldn't want the responsibility being Champion requires." Then her brow furrows. "Wait....why doesn't Magramba have the sword?"   

Benar stands up and steps up to the sarcophagus and places the sword down so it is lying lengthways along the body of the mouse effigy and slides the sword hilt between the clasped hands of the statuary where it fits perfectly, "Magramba... has stepped down as Champion to spend more time with his family and mossflower," he turns to Dora, "He brought these to me and Martin told me where to put them," he picks up the shield and holds it out to Lacota, "This hangs on the back of the door, once it is in place I will tell you why I need you here."

Krisha nods "So...Martin is..chooseing a new champion soon then?" She is then quiet again "Sorry..didn't mean to speak out..just curious"

Lacota very carefully, reverently, even, accepts the shield, and he looks down at it in his paws, studying the design. "So many seasons of history right here..." Nodding to the Abbot, he approaches the door, and hangs the shield in its proper place, brushing a paw over the surface and turning back to face the others. "I'll admit to being highly curious why I was needed..."   

DoraRose raises an eyebrow, but just sits on the floor and leans back against the wall (after making sure there's nothing she might mess up on accident, of course). "Well, I'm glad I came to the kitchens when I was needed, and I hope Magramba stays safe out there. But why would you need me here?" She is genuinely surprised. Who, her? Why would she be needed for something so important?

Benar tucks his hands into the sleeves of his robe and smiles, "We are all here for a very important reason. A... new champion is coming, Martin has told me so, but not shown her to me. We will know who she is because she will know where the sword and shield are," he touches the sword, "Only we four beasts in all Mossflower, in the world know that the sword and shield have been returned to this tomb," he looks at them, "When the time comes... when a beast asks to retrieve the sword from the Tomb beneath Cavern Hole... then we will know it is her so here and now I swear you all to secrecy, none may know what we brought down here."   

Krisha nods "I wont tell anyone of this, no one at all I promise."   

Lacota nods his head solemnly. "My lips are sealed. Not even the the rest of the Elder Council will know... And if asked, I was in the cellar for this entire afternoon..."

DoraRose listens solemnly, then nods. "Aye, I won't tell anybeast, don't worry. At least, not until this new Champion has revealed herself. If anybeast asks where I was, tell them to ask me, and I'll tell them to ask the Abbot. So that'll be fun." She shifts and rests her head against the wall. "You're sure the new Champion is a female?"

Benar smiles and moves toward the door and the corridor, gesturing everyone to follow, he turns and bows one more time to the sarcophagus, "Thank you Martin," he whispers to the still air then looks at his companions, "Oh yes, I know that much... she comes, now let us leave it does not do to linger here."

Krisha nods and gets the landren and will led the way back out of the tomb and tunnel when its time to leave, she will paulse when needed as well.   

Lacota nods, and turns to exit. "Female... This shall be interesting, I think."   

DoraRose tries to stand, but instead falls. Sighing heavily, she actually manages to stand upright and follow her friends out the door and back up into Cavern Hole. "Well, hopefully she comes soon. I have a feeling we're going to need her..."

Benar stops outside and makes sure the door shuts and locks and then leads the way back up to Cavern Hole, he then waits for Foremole to replace the floor tile and then it is as if nothing ever changed, "And we are done, thank you my friends for joining me."   

Krisha nods "You're welcome Abbot Benar"

~*end*~

Thanks for reading! big_smile

#2 2018-07-17 03:12:40 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: The tomb of Martin the Warrior (IC RP & long log)

Not sure how many have seen the cartoon...Books are much MUCH better but hey this is show, anyways what looks like in Martins tomb is shown smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5IGtkiiF0

Your have to go to 2:15 mark and then watch rest

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer