Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-12 07:11:19 PM

oz

A Rescue Mission, A New Friend And A Rat -Part 1- Marek's Fate TP

Who:

Melantha - Leader of The Black Rose

Kakarauri - Assassin in Black Rose

Stormfang-Fighter in The Black Rose

Falk-Messenger/Spy of Black Rose

Zolomon- Archer Hare of Mossflower Defenders

John-Squirrel warrior and Friend

Matilda-Warrior Hedgehog Maid, soon to be Champion of Redwall(She doesn't know just yet)

Spoofs:

Brother Fred-Order mouse of Redwall

Sister Mazzy-Order beast of Redwall

A couple rats

A rat named Earwood spoofed by John

Log:

It was a sunny day and two beasts walked along the forest path. Two mice in the robes of abbey order beast. One Sister and One Brother. Their names Sister Mazzy and Brother Fred. Small packs on their shoulders.

Brother Fred frowned "Maybe we should of told them there was some trouble I mean we are supposed to of came back with a couple of the shield guards" Sister Mazzy smiles "Its fine, its daylight and the abbey isn't that far, I mean look how far we have gotten, your be able to see the abbey bell here soon"

Kakarauri cackles as she steps into view"Oh yes the top of the bell tower is so lovely isn't it?"

Falk lands nearby and just watches . Also stepping out of the treeline is a couple rats.

Another rat, Stormfang soon appears "Oh...hey look Abbey mice....do we grab them, I though no abbey beasts were going out"

Melantha frowns at the rat "Well clearly..."She smiles coldly "You know these two could make an interesting gift to Ormaz , he wants control of Mossflower he could demand taxes of the abbey in return for these two"

The two order mice gasp and huddle close as Sister Mazzy speaks "Its...its...we mean no harm we were only on our way back with some Camp Willow Hot root" The other nods "For Abbot Benar so....we don't even have weapons and we can say we didn't see ve..vermin"

Kakarauri smirks "But that would be a lie, you have  seen us"She grins "I say Ormaz should burn that place down but hey that's me...taxes be fun..high taxes but why return them...keep these two and we keep them alive and not sold as long as they keep paying taxes to Ormaz"

Stormfang looks confused but nods "Yeah.....ummm whats an Abbot?"

Falk puffs up as Stormfang asks his question but he doesn't answer it, he just looks at the cat as if asking to please eat the dum rat.

Melantha groans "An abbot...wait I am not answering that question" She snaps her fingers as a single for the two mice to be surrounded better and folds her arms behind her back"Well sorry to say you two wont be getting back to the abbey anytime soon and if your unlucky not at all"

Brother Fred chooses now to be a bit brave, maybe too brave "Now...see here cat you can't tweet us like this" Sister Mazzy just sits down and feels tears start to fall.

Kakarauri smirks "Just did mousie" She gets in his face "Having no weapons is dum you abbey beasts endanger yourselfs if that's all your abbey is full of...helpless weaponless beast it would be fun to talk someone into destroying it"

Stormfang looks down, but is curious still

Falk tilts his head and cawws softly, listening as he looks around for signs of beasts

Melantha rolls her eyes "Yeah...no, I mean taxes yeah but try and take the abbey that's a fools mission or have you heard the stories?"

The two abbey order mice look at one another and then watch the vermin start to argue and then suddenly bolt!

Kakarauri growls "Stories...nuthing but...hey!" She points to the abbey mice "Get them you morons! And Alive!"

The rat Stormfang nods and takes the two rats with him to try and get the two mice before they get very far.

Falk takes flight and then gets into a position to grab at least one mouse, in his talons. He tries to not hold them too tightly or cause serious harm, though he seriously wants to.

Melantha hisses as her tail wags back and forth seeing the two mice run off, she looks at the marten "Hey I give orders not you!"

Sister Mazzy is grabbed in the talons and feels herself go into the air and screams, Brother Fred gasps and comes to a halt" No,....NOOOO...WAIT... I surrender don't hurt her."His paws go into the air

Kakarauri frowns as if that is no fun giving in so soon. She searches the mouse when she gets to him and nods to have the other searches as well "Tie em' up and we can get them to the base" She sneers at Melantha "Your not my boss anymore...remember ...Ormaz owns the Black Rose so...he is boss"

Stormfang cheeks the mouse maid once she is down and he and the two rats tie her and the other order mouse up "Now what?"

Falk just stays close by, the mouse maid was not injured, maybe a torn robe but that's all.

Melantha just glares and looks at the two mice "Well....ok you can still walk so...go walk"

Brother Fred and Sister Mazzy only have their paws behind their back as they both now shed tears and look at one another and then the vermin as they shiver a little in fear, this...this is not how they planed their day. The only things they have in the pack in the Hot Root for Abbot Benar and a few silver coins and an odd shaped rock cause it looked cool. Now they were captives and where they headed next they were not sure they wanted to know, they just had to keep hope that some beast would come help them.....and soon.

Kakarauri led the way as she smirked and keep an eye out for troubles, not that she couldn't handle trouble , she usually liked chaos. She chuckles "Two abbey beasts, this is most interestingly a prize indeed...maybe they will refused and I get to slay some mice"

Melantha says, "There will be no slaying them, they are a lot more valuable alive, the beats at the abbey will for sure refuse taxes if we kill order beasts.""

Sister Mazzy and Brother Fred look at one another and frown, they had not gotten very far on their walk.

Stormfang looked at the silver and the hot root pack and sniffed it, then gasped and sneezed and started rubbing his nose "Ahhhhhhh this stuff is burning me nose off!!!!"

Kakarauri snorts, :"Be their fault if they refuse ta talk....and shut up Stormfang your attract attention"

Melantha stops the walking and just sighs "Ok..enough, why did you even get into it for?"

Brother Fred frowns and whispers quietly to Sister Mazzy..."Should we help for help?".."I don't know..I'm scared"

Stormfang blinks "Wanted ta see whats so...great about it"He coughs and gags.."I don't like it...my nose still burns...I need water, can we stop please"

Kakarauri rolls her eyes and throws a water skin at the rat, she is not aiming so it will likely hit him in the head or something.

Melantha sighs and looks over at the two mice "Stop whispering and sit down on that log, you two still have a good walk"

Stormfang frowns as the water skin hits him in the face, but he does mutter and takes a few sips before sitting it down. A quick look around before he leans on a tree "No beasts are around"

Kakarauri chuckles

The two mice frown and sit down not knowing what to do now.

Melantha grumbles and glares at the marten and rat"You two...STOP!!!" she grumbles and looks at the mice "Ok...names "

Stormfang frowns "She hit me with a water bottle" He backs up and looks at the hot root the mice had and back to them "What do we do with it, it burnt my nose haf off I think"

Kakarauri smirks "Shut up before I cram it down your throat...."She grins at the cat "Your not my boss anymore remember...Ormaz is in charge now"

Kakarauri walks over to the two mice and smiles coldly "So...mice of Redwall..how nice, out on a little walk....not wise, little vacation miss the messages or something?"

Sister Mazzy frowns and the other beast stands "We were on our way back from...well that's none of your business..I am Brother Fred and this is Sister Mazzy and..and keeping us is....your making a bad mistake"

Stormfang frowns,"I don't like him, he is scary I rather like Melantha..." He then decides to shut up and tosses the hot root pack to the side.

Melantha snorts "What ever..like I care" She looks at the two mice and just crosses her arms over her chest"Word of advise don't tick off the marten..." She sits down and mutters about how today is annoying.

Kakarauri makes a awwwww face and chuckles coldly "Smartest advise ever..." She looks at the two mice and smiles coldly again "How nice...but in my words,,please upset me, I am bored..."

Melantha stands in front of the two mice who are now huddling close to one another"Stop....they are worth more alive not dead"She then sits back on the log and shakes her head muttering "Why me..."

Also in the woods is Zolomon on patrol. He has yet to see the vermin, or the two mice yet but he has noticed it is a little too quiet and so he is very alert.

Stormfang looks ready for a nap, that leaves a couple other rats with them to act as guards

Kakarauri smirks and stays by the tree "I am still bored Melantha. "

Melantha says, "Well I am sorry for that maybe after we get back to base you can take some beats out and find something to fight or get more slaves""

Zolomon quietly steps onto the area and frowns as he quickly ducks behind a tree, he decides to take aim at a rat, as it gets closer he fores off an arrow at the rat.

The rat gurgles and falls over, alerting the other guard who looks back and forth quickly."We may have company..."He says

Stormfang sits up and stands "Company...what kind" He frowns "I bet they want the hot root..told you the stuff was bad news"

The two order beast frown and stay close to one another as they don't know if the one with arrows is friend or foe.

Melantha ears flatten as she mutters "Oh great, I knew a break was not a good idea, ok lets take care of this and Stormfang...shut up"

Kakarauri grins as she draws her twin blades "Finally...a beast I can maybe kill"

The hare counts the number of beasts and frowns at the marten"Not jolly good" He looks around for the best idea on how to do this, get help but that could lose the order beasts captive as he sighs and errks a little too loudly as the one rat finds him and he fires off his arrow at close range, the rat falls backwards dead with an arrow in his neck as the hare cusses softly at letting them get that close.

Kakarauri grins and follows the sound, seeing the hare "Well well well...Defender beast"She twirls her twin blades "Come to play?"

Stormfang blinks as he tries to stay alert and "Oh..its one hare, not a problem..right?"

The two beasts , Sister Mazzy and Brother Fred look over at the hare and frown, this will either end badly or good but they are unsure and just stay where they are, then again their paws are tied behind their backs.

Zolomon backs up a little when he sees the marten "I say...rather not play anything. I do order you to release the two mice and jolly well walk away, sound good?"

Stormfang has his cutlass "Umm..3 to one bunny...yeah 3 to one."

Kakarauri asks, "Oh? But I say Play...its called surrender or die"

Melantha sighs, she has her blade "Or we can just tie him up too....trust me just surrender the marten is a bit insane today"

"Looks like 2 to 3 to me." Says a new voice from behind the slavers. From out of the trees comes a female hedgehog, average-sized and average-colored, except for her eyes, which are a dark blue. Dressed in the colors of the forest with a haversack on her back, she draws a plain bastard sword from its scabbard at her right side, holding it expertly in her left paw. "I don't know who you are or what you're doing, but from my experience, when vermin have woodlander's captive, they're up to no good. So I suggest you 3 walk away and leave these mice and this hare alone."

Stormfang raises his cutlass"Umm..more company."He stands quietly before he speaks again "Yeah but your not the boss..pin cushion"

Kakarauri grins as she does to slam the hare into a tree and starts to take a slice at him before she sees the hedgehog and chuckles "Joining the party, or please do so"

Melantha shakes her head "No thanks"

The two mice look over, maybe slight hope in their eyes, meanwhile its clear Zolomon needs work on his close up fighting as he grunts and slides down the tree, "I..say..ouch...."He blinks and looks over at the hedgehog"Help be..jolly well nice lass"

Her eyes widening slightly, the hedgehog seems to waver slightly, then she lunges forward and goes to knock the rat over, then turns and swings at the cat. Feinting to the left to trick her, the hedgehog then quickly swipes right, trying to give the Blackrose member a cut on her arm.

Stormfang backs up and tries to swing his cutlass at the hedgehog and ends up knocked over, seems he is having one of those bad days as he groans, still conscious juts a little dazed.

Kakarauri grins and looks at the hare "Stay here and I will be back to behead you.."She sends a elbow to his jaw and goes with her twin blades towards the hedgehog"Hello..care to die? It shall be fun..for me"

Zolomon kicks out at the marten and oofs as the elbow slams into his jaw and he slides down the tree holding his swelling jaw, lucky its not broken.

Melantha ears go flat as she sidesteps and goes to block the blade. She does get a cut on her lower arm and hisses low. Meanwhile the two mice are still tied up and look like they are not sure if they should be worried or hopeful for a rescue.

The hedgehog dodges back a little and blocks the marten's blades. "No, thank you, I don't feel like dying today. How 'bout you? You seem like the type of vermin that the world would be better without." Swinging her sword, the hedgehog may be throwing her new enemies into slight confusion since she's left-pawed, not right-pawed like almost everyone else is. She skips back a little, keeping her attention on all 3 enemies, even though the rat is out flat on the ground. She tries to flip one of the marten's swords out of her paw and slice at her chest!

Stormfang just sits up and groans, he blinks seeing double a few moments. He gets up and falls again , sadly on the hot root bag and it opens a little getting into his eyes as he rubs them and makes it worse...yes life hates him today.

Kakarauri is confused as she growls, she gets a slice on her side and backs off a little glaring at he hedgehog.."Stupid..pin cushion..I will report this to Ormaz and he shall enjoy killing you!" She slicers with her good arm and goes to escape by a opening in the trees.

Melantha ears flatten "Hey get back here idiot!!" She looks at the rat and groans. Two order beasts, mice, are tied up and the hare Zolomon is slowly standing up by the tree and is still a bit too sore to grab his longbow or arrow just yet.

Stormfang stands and blinks, ok he is getting outta here and making a run for it, he is not a fool, and he best do it while the woodlanders are distracted.

The hedgehog growls, but knows better than to give chase. Instead, she whips around and goes to slice at the cat, then feints to the right, then stabs to the left. Her footwork is impeccable.

Coming down from the town at that moment is a mixed pair of beasts - a single woodlander and vermin. At the head is the woodlander, a squirrel, and a rat. The squirrel is the only well armed beast, though clearly neither of them were expecting anything. John stops, looking at the cat for a moment, as well as the rest of the scene (taking note of the running Stormfang), realizing exactly who it must be. Earwood grips his spear tightly, looking back at the three or so others. The squirrel, meanwhile, starts preparing his crossbow. "Er, what should we do?" The rat asks, nervously. "Don't get yourself killed. And go get that rat." John replies, simply, taking aim at the said enemy rat, letting the bolt lose - though he does not aim for a kill shot, just something to slow him down. After all, John isn't as spry as he once was on the ground, and Earworm, he thinks, needs a bit more prodding before he's best shape.

Melantha blocks one and the other gets her arm as she snorts "Enough...fine have the stupid mice..."She looks at the rat and snorts and just backs off " Besides you have other things to worry about, you won...today..next time I will just slay you"She walks off and just snots at the hare as she passes him.

The two order beast, Sister Mazzy and one Brother Fred look over at the hedgehog and then Zolomon as he starts to fire an arrow and it misses the cat as it lands in a tree and he sighs as he leans on the tree he is beside , he mutters something about sore jaw and looks over at the hedgehog "Hallo..who are you lass?"

Stormfang doesn't get too far before he falls over with a yelp and looks at the bolt in his leg and whimpers.."I..surrender...don't kill me..."

The hedgehog cleans her sword on the clothes of a dead rat and puts her sword into the sheath that's hanging at her right side. Kneeling down, she goes to untie the 2 mice as she answers the hare. "My name is Matilda. I come from the Eastern Shores. May I ask your names, and the name of this country?" She still has her haversack on her back, her bedroll tied onto its bottom. Glancing at the rat, she adds, "Oh, stop whining. I'm not going to kill you unless you try to get away."

The two mice speaks "I am Sister Mazzy and this is Brother Fred..we live at Redwall abbey and this is Mossflower Woods..we thank you for rescuing us"

Slinging the crossbow back over his shoulder, John draws both sword and buckler, running over to the woodlanders, his eyes darting back and forth through the trees, looking for any more threats. "Oh, don't worry mate," Earwood says to his fellow rat, "As long as you tell us what we need you'll be fine, like this good hedgehog said!" Holding the spear point up at the surrendered Stormfang's throat, he adds, "Well, at least I think...Er, clear out your weapons! Make sure you don't have anything on ya!" Earwood pushes the spear point closer, his paws shaking. John, meanwhile, gives a quick glance over the group of beasts - he recognizes the abbey orders member, vaguely recalling seeing them at meals and such. And the hare. Though the hedgehog, this Matilda, however... "Hullo there- and John." he says in way of introduction, still looking for any more trouble, "What happened here? Was there anybeast taken by them?" His sword is still up and at the ready, in

Zolomon walks over rubbing his jaw "Zolomon at ya service" He decides not to say the real long name, that and his jaw is still very sore as he frowns. "I don't think so chap...seems the day was jolly well....saved" He sighs.

Stormfang frowns as he just stays very still and quiet for now, he looks at the ground and just...yeah he is not talking right now.

Matilda smiles at the mice, a gentle, kindly smile. "My pleasure." She stands and offers them help getting up. "I don't know who they were or what they want, John. I basically just got here, myself." She glances at the vermin the squirrel has brought with him, but for now says nothing. "I would suggest getting a cool, wet cloth on that as soon as possible, Zolomon. Do any of you beasts know of someplace close where we can get some healing and keep our prisoner....safe?" She addresses all the beasts around her, since she's a newcomer to this whole area. And the words 'safe' is said with a touch of venom. She doesn't like Stormfang for obvious reasons.

Zolomon nods "Let's...see....Mossflower Defenders base is much closer than the abbey and I don't think Abbot Benar wants ..well the rat in the jolly abbey."He smiles "I am an archer in de Mossflower Defenders, our leader is Xander Winters..a badger" Yeah he does use the full name when its important. The two order beast follow the hare "Benar should know we are safe..he may be worried"

Nodding, the squirrel puts away both sword & buckler at his belt. As he makes his way over to Stormfang, John says over his shoulder, "Right then. I think I know a place that'd work - the defender's camp - though never actually went meself there yet." Earwood steps aside as the squirrel comes over, though still hold his spear pointed squarely at the other rat. "Was actually making our way there before bumping into y'lot." The squirrel then crouches down to look the captured rat in the eye. "So my mate here said to remove any other weapons you got, pal." John says to Stormfang, quietly, pulling out his knife. "You know that there," he gestures with the knife to the bolt, "Is in a rather bad place in terms of you staying alive." Not a complete truth, but the rat needn't know that. "Now you don't want me to pull it, or you'll bleed out without help." The squirrel twirls the knife. "We could help you, if you agree to help us, of course. Your choice - but I do want my bolt back - expensive, they are, y'know?"

Stormfang glares slightly as he is basically forced to go along with them"Stupid woodies...my boss...well main boss will...will not like this, he will come after ya all.."He frowns as he is not so sure his so called friends will come to his aid.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer