Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-02 01:17:00 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Now Earn Your Blade

FV:Tavern
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
There are the typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.

Xander walks down the stairs and into the main part of the tavern. He slept fairly well he just didn’t remember being brought to the guest room. He looked around the tavern with a slight frown.

Marek glances over "Good day Mr. Xander. You are feeling better it appears or maybe not as I am not you"   

Xander looks over and blinks, he shrugs "I guess....ummm bout what I said before I sort of, ummm...passed out?"   

Marek nods "Yes you passed out Mr. Xander and do not worry I have the blade you dropped" He walks over and gets a blade from the back room and hands it to the badger, "And I remember what you muttered about directions and first and last and whatever else it was in Mr. Zee's note"

Xander takes the sword and nods "Yeah and so..I figured" He holds the blade at his side as he finds a key in his pocket and shows it to Marek “You  have...the chest then, the last one right?"   

Marek looks at the key and holds out his paw. Emotionless look on his face as he waits quietly not saying anything right off.   

Xander blinks but hands him the key and then frowns "Why do you want the key for?"       

Marek walks over to a rug and uncovers a trap door. He pockets the key the badger gave him and gets his own out to unlock the trap door and opens it heading down some steps. He returns with a large chest he sits down and then closes and locks the trap door, replaces the rug and uses the key the badger gave him to open the chest. He opens it as soon as the lock clicks   

Inside is The Blade Of The Northwind  Storms This sword has been custom crafted by one of the finest blacksmiths to ever live, the blade is a shining silvery steel alloy that glows in the suns light and seems to bask in its eternal glory, it's double-edged sharpness almost seeming to sing through the air when it swings, and the hilt also made from similar alloy, but covered in a firm leather grip to make the wielder’s paws never be strained, of course a normal beast would be strained at just picking up this weapon. It is a very large weapon and only a badger is capable of wielding it's amazing power.   

Xander gasps and walks over and reaches for it, a large smile on his face.   

Marek slams the chest shut before he gets his paw to the blade and locks the chest back, the key goes into his pocket as he looks at the badger, "Fighting pit...Now" The voice has a commanding tone to it. He walks there and does not  even tell the badger to follow him.   

Xander jerks his paw back and frowns, "Wot the...but the blade..."He follows the stoat   
FV:Tavern:Fighting Pit
The Fighting Pit is a circular ring set in the Ferravale Tavern, though off to the side. Metal railings surround the pit to keep the spectators out and the fighters in. The floor of the ring is set a bit lower than the rest of the tavern floor as the floor of the pit is filled with sand to make impacts a bit softer on the fighting beasts. There are little tables ringing the pit, though lacking chairs for a change. These tables sit at about the height of the railing and are much smaller than the tavern tables, and they are often either used for setting drinks down or for setting money for bets on. The floor just outside of the fighting pit is speckled with bits of sand lost from the footpaws of fighters exiting the ring or when certain fights cause sand to fly through the air out of the fighting pit, though that doesn't happen too much. A good distance away from the fighting pit, set against the walls, are tables like the ones found over by the bar in the tavern.

Marek has his blade out as the badger enters, “A question to answer...who forged that blade and whom has wielded it?" He looks ready to maybe fight?   

Xander seems confused "Why we talking in here..and Soot Winters forged it, he was famous in the Northlands in the village and valley of Send...he made it for his brother Dariean Winters who died in battle so it went to his son Powell, who then would pass it down to Zork Winters but he wasn’t of age yet so my Uncle Zee held it for a while and helped train him till Zork Winters earned the right to wield it...when he died Uncle Zee held it again, he would of given it to my mother Zinnia but being a Sister in the order, she didn’t take it so next in line....is me"   

Marek nods "Very good....now earn your Blade...draw first blood before me!" He then makes the first quick move without a warning, aiming to slice the badger on his arm.   

Xander gasps and barely dives sideways and has his borrowed long sword tilted sideways as he frowns "Little warning be nice sir!"   

"When in battle an enemy will not warn you!" The stoat growls and aims another blow at the badger eyes narrowed.   

Xander brings his blade up and blocks the blade with his own and pays close attention to the stoats moves as a crowd forms around the fighting pit to watch now.   

Marek pushes forwards trying to knock the badger down as he snorts, he looks for an opening to slice again and when found slices out with the blade.   

Patch steps over and blinks "Hmmm....I have no clue" He shrugs, sides he is broke he CANT place a bet on a winner.   

Xander moves, his sleeve is cut but the blade doesn't draw blood as he checks and then quickly draws attention back to Marek as he slices at his arm.   

Marek keeps ever alert and goes sideways as he notices no blood drawn he growls and goes to make a slice at the badger's cheek.   

Patch watches "So what this be about?" A ferret shrugs "Beats me but its entraining"   

Xander jumps back and hits the ropes, he groans as he will feel that bruise but it’s just a bruise and no drawn blood. He takes a few deep breaths to settle down his temper before he spins around and slices at Marek's chest.   

Marek watches the badger closely and aims to slice at the back of his shoulder when the badger spins around, the stoat goes to block the blade with his own and misjudges the blade angle slightly. just enough where he feels the blade slice into his tunic sleeve and onto his arm and blood forms and drips down to his wrist. He backs up a little and mutters under his breath.   

Patch blinks but stays and watches   

Xander eyes widen and he almost drops his own blade but he just grips it harder and carefully walks over to the stoat as beasts mutter and talk. some mad and some happy, others just surprised. “Marek?"   

Marek puts his own blade away and holds his arm. It’s not a deep cut as he looks at the badger and walks to sit on the edge of the fighting ring as Zaram rushes over and tends to the bleeding.

Patch is silent "So ummm....bad day or something?"   

Xander puts the blade he has at his side and goes to check on Marek "I'm....sorry sir. I didn’t cut you too bad did I?"   

Marek speaks as he is bandaged "You drew first blood...and your fighting skills have improved. You also showed a way to calm yourself in battle, but always pay attention and never let your eyes go from the one you fight, even a second, in some cases a second is all that is  all that is needed for a death blow" He nods to Zaram as he stands" I am fine, it is not deep...it will heal"   

Xander nods as he listens "I know, anger can be back but one could refocus it to help instead of make one less likely to fight well, right?"   

Patch just stays where he is and sighs, well just ignore the rat, that’s right, ignore him.   

FV:Tavern
Outside a sign swings on a rusty creaking frame above the doorway of the tavern depicting a faded painting of what appears to be three rather rich looking skeletons slumped over a table around a black chalice, perhaps such a thing could be taken as a warning but it doesn't appear to work on the locals. The noise within on a normal day is usually heard before the door is even opened and only rises in volume when one actually steps inside.
There are the typical qualities of a tavern within, from the bar to the chairs and booths and the odd drunk who never seems to move it's the little details which encourage a patron to pay his tab if he likes his fingers. One look at some of the staff or customers might give the impression but the room is decorated to the fiercer tastes with bones, mostly skulls cropping up here and there to fill a gap on a shelf or decorating the walls above the doorways, fireplace and bar, a pair of axes joining the one over the fire with some signs that they've been yanked off to join in a fight a couple of times. Some of the comfier chairs are lined with fur and very rarely one might be found with a few pointed bits of bone to decorate the back. Despite the looks there is entertainment and fun to be had, some form of music usually played on a small stage in the corner and at least one bouncer usually tries to keep the peace while beasts gamble, drink and be merry.
A small door behind the bar leads out the back to the kitchen and cellars while one wall has been opened up in a wide arch to increase the space off into the next room where what seems to be a wooden fence with gates on either end has been set up as a fighting pit as further entertainment and something to bet over.

Marek walks back to the front of the tavern and behind the counter   

Xander follows him quietly. well least he isn’t as tried as he was   

Marek steps over to the chest and unlocks it with the key. He opens the chest and looks to the badger" Your blade awaits you Mr. Xander, but also remember you still need to learn to wield it well and to pay attention to your training"   

Xander walks over and stands in front of the chest and slowly reaches down and grips the handle and lifts the blade up and holds it. he studies it and goes a test swing carefully. A memory of when he first tries to lift the blade and it wasn’t  too good with it, a frown and tears form as he holds the blade and closes his eyes.   

*ooc info first held blade in this log a long LONG time ago ICLY- http://rwmuck.limitless.org/rwmuck/cont … air-travel     *

Patch blinks and whistles "Whoa....that's Stripy's?"   

Marek nods "Yes Mr. Patch it is and he has earned the right to wield it“

Xander looks at the Blade Of The Northwind Storms and removes the other blade and sits it on the table and places this blade in its case and on his back where it belongs. He nods to the other blade "I am not sure what to do with it now"   

Patch looks at the blade "Sell it....I could" Yeah and keep the coins for himself   

Marek takes the longsword and locks it in the chest instead and looks to the rat "No Mr. Patch, that’s not what will happen it stays in here for now" He looks to the badger "I expect you NOT to miss a training session. You are to always be on time"

Xander nods "Of course sir. I will put my full attention into it"   

Patch hmmphs and goes to sit down and get an ale, least he can get an ale once a day.   

Marek nods "Good, your training starts in a week at the Defenders base....and do be ready"

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-03-02 02:24:34 PM)

Board footer