Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-28 05:57:54 PM

oz

By The Way, Black Rose Belongs To Me Now-Marek's Fate TP

Who:

Melantha- Leader of The Black Rose(By end of Log is not)

Falk-Spy and Messenger for Black Rose

Ormaz-Evil Stoat...warlord and powerful vermin

Assorted spoofed guards and slaves

Log:

Melantha is sitting in a chair, she had just walked around making sure slaves were doing their job and today she was..semi nice, she made sure they had water as, no one wants dead slaves as it loses money and you lose work that needs done. She snorts as she speaks"Least today is fine...so far"

Falk perns a wing and looks at the cat "Tis...hot...summer is worse." He would go out later and scan the area, you know for possible slaves or trouble making beasts.

The slaves, even in their miserable existence, are grateful that at least their captor is sort of kind. They work quickly, still afraid of the what might be done to them. And after the last escape attempt, they certainly aren't trying anything rash anytime soon. The guards are watching them with careful attention, not wanting another escape attempt to occur. Well, all except for one rat guard; he's hidden himself away in a corner behind some crates. He is sleeping contentedly.

It isn't clear just how Ormaz managed to get in without any beast noticing his arrival--regardless, he's here now. He drifts up behind Melantha like a ghost, waiting for her to notice him, but saying nothing.

Melantha has yet to notice the stoat as she sits up better now "I may see if Stormfang found any new beasts to join our ranks, may also be wise to not do much a few days."

Falk does notice the stoat and puffs up a little before replying "Falk can find more slaves, yes? Maybe passing beasts seeking...safe places, stop them in their travels when they rest?"

Most of the slaves notice the stoat, and they cower slightly, faltering in their tasks. Most of the guards notice, too, and one of them cringes and tries to subtly point to behind the slaver leader. As in, 'Yo, look behind you!' The sleeping rat lets out a gentle snore, oblivious to everything around him. Ah, what a nice little nap he's got goin' on there....

Ormaz  smirks, both at Melantha's obliviousness and other beasts' reaction to his arrival. Then he hears the snore, and his gaze snaps towards the sleeping rat's hiding place. With surprising calm, he remarks to Melantha, "I can understand you're not as cruel as I am, but I didn't think you were lenient enough to let your guards sleep on the job." Before she can answer, he's storming towards the slumbering rat....

Melantha jumps slightly and, yeah now she sees the stoat and barely avoids yelling out loud at him. She does see the rat but stays seated as, well Ormaz scares her a little.

Falk doesn't say a thing, he just stays perched where he is and...watches and waits to see what happens.

The rat still snores happily, twitching in his sleep. The slaves and other guards make room for the stoat to get by, the slaves shaking in terror. The guard who alerted the cat to his presence, a ferret, walks over to Melantha's side and just watches, paw resting on his sword hilt. They all just watch.

Ormaz stands there a moment, his heart rate starting to rise and his shoulders rising and falling slowly as he inhales deeply. Clenching a paw into a fist in the sleeve of his tunic, he has an otherwise apparently calm exterior as he clears his throat "Wake. Up." he says coldly, the words falling from his lips like shards of thin ice into a river in winter.

Melantha just looks over at the rat , will he wake up or not. She stays calm and watches, as does a couple guards and one decides he will go check on the slaves outside...rather quickly.

The rat is blissfully asleep, mere words not even waking him up. He's completely off in the la-la-land of a dream sleep. A young slave starts to cry and is quickly hushed by a nearby adult. Silence returns to the ranks of quaking captives, and some of the guards are becoming nervous, too. All because one idiot decided to fall asleep on the job.

"He won't wake up, eh?" Ormaz mutters to himself. "We'll see about that." He leans down 'till he's inches from the blissfully oblivious rat's face, then seizes his throat, bellowing. "WAKE. UP!" and beginning to apply a vicelike grip.

Falk decides its best to fly off, he leaves rather quickly as now is the best time to do some spy stuff.

Melantha frowns, is the rat dumb or something or that light of a sleeper. She drums her claws slightly as she speaks "Sometimes wonder how my father did this..."

The rat is a very deep sleeper. He hadn't been expecting to be found out (he doesn't believe anyone when they tell him he snores) and he had been up partying a tad too late. So the choke hold is a great surprise to him. His eyes dart open, and he tries to scream, but only a weird gurgling sound manages to escape. The slaves cower even farther away from the stoat, and most of the guards watch in horrified fear. The pitiful rat garbs at the stoat arm, trying to get him to let go.

"You wanted to sleep, eh?" Ormaz breathes, his blood roaring in his ears. "Well...I can make you sleep forever. You want that?" When the rat merely gurgles in response, he heaves him up and pins the creature against the wall, still throttling him. "Well?! Do you want that?!" He roars. "Answer me or I'll choose for you!"

The terrified rat shakes his head and gurgles, presumably trying to beg for his life. The ferret guard who had tried to alert Melantha to the stoat's presence whispers in a barely audible tone in her ear, "Should we do something?" The slaves have all cowered up against the walls and against crates, knowing that if the stoat is willing to be so wantonly violent against a guard, then he will probably be even more vicious against them.

Suddenly, like the calm after a storm, the stoat's rage subsides without warning, and he abruptly releases his grip on the rat's throat, dropping him to the floor carelessly. "Stay awake next time," He says calmly, barely even breathing faster than usual. He turns and walks slowly to Melantha, knowing that all eyes are upon him now, for better or for worse. "Hello," He says, a slight smirk twisting the corner of his mouth. "I need to talk to you."

Melantha is very alert now, not that she was not before "About what? If something else happen and wasn't reported I..I am sure I will ...no I will deal with whomever needs dealed with" Ok he is creepy and she lets her fear slip a little in being shown."Someone need...killed...say the word, I have my best Assassin go do it"

"No. Nothing like that today...just..." Ormaz gestures airily. "Business talk is all." He absentmindedly uses his sleeve to wipe off some of the spittle from the rat he'd been choking "As of now," He says, loud enough for every beast to hear," The Black Rose is mine. And the Shadow and the Black Rose will become one. Under my banner. If any beast has an issue with this," He finishes, eyes gleaming dangerously, "Speak up now, and be left in pieces."

The slaves wisely stay silent, as does the ferret guard beside the (now former) Black Rose leader. The rest of the guards look pretty happy about this, and they look at each other. The rat on the floor merely holds his throat, but in his mind he's not happy about this development.

Melantha frowns slightly but she is wise, she only nods slowly as if she is agreeing and she is, right now anyways but so many thoughts go through her head. Wait this is HER GROUP not his, but those thoughts are keep to herself.

Last edited by oz (2018-06-28 07:54:48 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-06-28 06:11:44 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: By The Way, Black Rose Belongs To Me Now-Marek's Fate TP

Yeah Falk decided it was a good time to go Spy.....so take orders from Ormaz now...got it New Boss:)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer