Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-21 01:34:57 PM

Karth Riverbark

Caught In A Rain Storm!-Redwall Log

Who:

Karth Riverbark-Me- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Misu-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

John- Fighter squirrel

Benar- Abbot of Redwall

Hare Dibbun- Random spoofed dibbun

Log:

RW Abbey: First Orchard
-------------------------------------------------------------------
You stand in a sort of verdant sanctuary where the sun is filtered through leaves and thus comes out to be a much softer light, one that's a little more manageable.  At least, more manageable than the comparatively harsh light of the more open entryway and a pond area almost completely devoid of large, shade-giving plants that this orchard has in careless abundance.  A soft covering of moss and grass finds itself beneath the trees, only serving to add to the quiet comfort of the whole scene.

Flowers, leaves, fruit- you name it, it blossoms on the now-alive branches. Plum, pear, apple, peach, apricot.  All these and more find their homes in the serene orchard. Any trace of the snow and death of winter is completely wiped away by the bright colors of blooming flours, developing fruit, unfurling leaves.  However, the trees aren't the only thing in the orchard, for all that they dominate it with their colors and growth.  The little flowers of the ground-covering plants that run rampant throughout the peaceful orchard bloom in abundance, as if the orchard were dusted with them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Misu is asleep, by one of the trees in the orchards, its also starting to rain and the clouds don't look too great right now, a little thunder and she mutters something .

Karth had to chase down a stray dibbun and now sees Misu and decides to walk over as he sits down the hare dibbun "Stay..." He taps Misu's shoulder"Hey....get up its gonna pour rain soon"

Misu is NOT one to wake up, oh he is so lucky this is not the woods or he would get so stabbed, her eyes snap open and she glares at the other otter and goes to kick him in the chest and knock him down, she yells and slaps him once too and snorts.

Karth eyes widen as he mutters "Crap...." He avoids the kick and falls backwards, the slap not so much. And of course he glares right back "Hey..no slapping" The dibbun giggles, its funny to them.

Misu just goes to slap him again" Do NOT do that again. I dislike being woken up by someone" She notices the rain, all well its not like getting soaked is bad.

Karth blinks and goes to shove her aside, and then takes a deep breath "Hey stop the slapping already" The hare dibbun giggles, and then the rain is harder and a loud thunder clap as the dibbun screams and clings onto Karth.

Misu folds her arms over her chest "No..." yeah slap him again cause he is rude! Then the pour down as she snorts and looks at the dibbun "Its...fine its just noise....and rain" Yep just rain.

Karth is wise after being slapped in the face 3 times and finally gets out of reach, he looks at the dibbun "Yeah tis fine.." "It is?" Karth tries to smile, he is not use to smile and then the lightning and thunder makes him look like a lying beast to the dibbun "WE GONNA DIE!!!!" The otter frowns "No we aren't"

Misu covers her ears "Ugggg...make the dibbun not be so loud" She frowns and would just leave but pouring rain and yeah lets be under a tree..that's wise right?

Karth watches the pouring rain "I didn't make him cry, you did lass" More thunder and some lightning, pouring rain and then a small loose branch falls, lucky not too big it's like small and would of gotten trimmed anyways, he frowns "Should we go elsewhere?" He looks at the now shaking hare dibbun...great he is not good with dibbuns, never was.

Misu starts to slap him again and decides not to, she snorts and smirks "You first."

Karth holds up both paws "Whoa...lasss" He just watches as the rain starts to calm down, "Its slowing down seee..." The hare dibbun sniffs and clearly hates this storm, and clearly is not interesting in seeing the rain...nope.

Misu takes a deep breath and exhales as she watches the rain and just stays leaned against the tree. She speaks "Just love today...not"

Karth sighs and sits down, he is slightly soaked as the rain slows to where they can head inside. "Well...your the one that fell asleep out here lass" He then seems to rethink his words, they did sound rather rude. The dibbun just stays close to them and sneezes once.

Misu just can't help it, the otter was rude and so unless he moves there is another slap before she just walks off before another downpour comes.

Karth was not paying attention and then...yep he gets slapped again as he just grumbles and speaks "Yeah...ok...deserved that"He rubs his jaw, its sore now, and starts to walk to the inside of the abbey building, dibbun hopefully stays close "Come on...no...I...fine"Yes carry the dibbun as it looks sadly to be picked up, he carries the dibbun towards the great hall.

RW Abbey: Great Hall The Great Hall of Redwall Abbey. Countless paw falls have echoed from these stones, and untold numbers of feasts and merry gatherings have been held here. A table, not nearly so grand or large as its predecessors, but quite functional for mealtimes, rests near the center of the hall. Chairs exist here aplenty, and they are all of a matching set. High above, the stain glass windows give the Great Hall a beautiful appearance. The glasswork is exceptionally done, crafted by a skilled artist. The floor is clean and swept. A fire is kept burning in the fireplace at almost all times of the day and night, and there are several more comfortable chairs and cushions set up here, of varying sizes. One looks large enough to easily accommodate a badger. The Tapestry hangs proud and tall, and while the rest of Redwall may still bear the scars of natural disaster, this most famous of Redwall's relics remains unharmed by beast, time, or the elements. The figure of Martin the Warrior seems to be watching over his own with an unchanging, kindly gaze. Soft light is slowly beginning to filter in through the stained glass windows high above your head.

Misu is already here, drying off from the rain storm outside that has started up yet gain.

Karth carries the dibbun hare inside and sits it down. He gets them each a towel and rubs his jaw again but keeps his distance as he speaks "Remind me to never wake you up or have anyone else do that either good grief....what if the abbot woke ya ya slapped him too?"

Misu just...glares, the other otter should leave her alone as she then looks at the wall as some water drips from her whisker.

Karth sits down as the dibbun...he tries to push it off and gives up...falls asleep in his lap. He sighs and looks over at Misu "Ok..don't answer that"

Misu just dries off "If the abbot had been rude and woke me up..." Good grief she is..grumpy today

Karth just blinks, yep both otters are soaked from the rain as is the sleeping hare dibbun in his lap "You would of slapped.......what is wrong with you" He mutters.

Misu just glares as it daring him to speak again, she stays on the other side of the room.

Karth just sighs and looks around, some thunder again and the hare dibbun whimpers and clings slightly onto Karth, a little awake...never mind slips into sleep again.

Misu finishes drying off as she listens to the now down pour again and sits the towel aside, she speaks "You are not good with dibbuns...."She says after a while and seems surprised he is letting the hare sleep in his lap "And you should dry him off better "

Karth just shakes his head, he so wants to say something rude but decides not to, he points to the towel the dibbun has around him as if hey he tries ok.

Benar walks up the stairs from below, carrying a tray upon which is a tea pot and several cups and what looks like his lunch. He pauses as he spots the group and smiles at them, "Afternoon everyone, get caught outside did we"

Misu rolls her eyes and looks over at the abbot, she speaks once she feels its safe "Yes...but some beast need to have a better way of waking one up from a nap"

Karth takes a deep breath , its too late it comes out "And so beasts need to not go slapping others.."The hare dibbun wakes up and looks between them and sneezes. Thunderclap as he whimpers.

Benar quirks a brow and looks toward Karth, "Dare I ask?"
He moves toward the fire, "Though slapping a beast is also somewhat abrupt, I am sure Karth wouldn't wake you up without good reason." He sets his tray down on a table, "Wouldn't you all be warmer downstairs in Cavern Hole if you need to dry off? The Great Hall can get chilly with these summer storms"

One of the great doors slam open, revealing a rather irate squirrel, his tail swishing back and forth from under the slightly too large tunic he has on. "It bloody well rained on me!" John says no one in particular, looking about the hall. "Can't get a decent bit of shut eye..." He comes over to the group, looking from the abbot to the otters. "Admittedly I probably shouldn't have decided to rest in a tree branch but that's besides the point..." He raises an eyebrow. "Huh, seems it got you too."

Misu shrugs "Seems fine in here."She is getting less moody now, she looks at John as he enters and rolls her eyes.

Karth sighs "Could of been worse...branch could of broke off and fell.....oh there is a branch, small...in the orchards now and yeah...don't ask on the...yeah" The dibbun decides to sit in another chair, much to Karth's relief, the dibbun also seems to go overboard on just how bad the rain is "We almostsss....got deaded" The sea otter starts to say no we didn't and just decides to not say anything, he is tried and most likely get into a yelling match with a dibbun.

Benar starts to pour his tea, then settles back in his chair with the plate containing his lunch balanced on the arm of his chair, "Well I..." He stops as John comes in and looks at the younger squirrel, "Hello there, napping in a tree branch is often a risky choice. One needs to live with it however and it can often be quite comfortable"

John nods at the sea otter's words. "Uh huh. Well - good thing I wasn't in the orchards." He glances over at Benar again, tilting his head in a sort of informal bow to him. "Hello there, Father Abbot. And it was just a small nap - and it was an oak." The squirrel shrugs, adding, "I was up for quite a long time. But, did forget how often it rains here in spring. Well, summer, now, I suppose."

Misu sits down "Rain kills no one." She says calmly and snorts "Summer storms do not last long"

Karth just stays quiet, its best he does or he will just be rude if he doesn't. The hare dibbun frowns "Storm is bad....made loud noise and scary" The hare says quietly.

Benar looks at Misu and grins, "You clearly haven't been around for one of our whoppers! We had a summer storm last seven days once, oooh gosh must have been about 7 seasons ago no. That was a miserable week," He shakes his head and sighs, "Still I do love storms, the best place to watch them is from atop the walls looking west out over the plains," Sipping his tea he settles comfortably down into his chair, "As for oak trees, they are best best for climbing and living and napping in. Mother's tree house was built into an oak."

Misu has calmed down now, less grumpy "I am from the eastern sea coast, or well near there is where my Holt is but I decided to leave and see the world."

"Ah, but rain can kill - if one's caught unaware and away from shelter." John says with a vague wave of his paw. "More peeved about my gear getting a good soaking than anything, though." He sighs. "Some of it is a pain to clean - the gambeson is also going to take some time to dry." Shaking his head, he turns to face the abbot, deciding the two sea otters (not to even mention the hare) weren't going to be all that helpful towards him. "Say, have you seen Xander about anywhere? Need to tell him a few things." He asks, moving a bit closer to the fireplace.

Karth just sighs , the hare dibbun is now asleep in a chair as guess its nap time "Hopefully he isn't in the rain or if he is he is inside somewhere"

Benar asks, "Xander? No i have not seen him since we came home from Brockhall the other week. Not for long anyway, I suspect he is around here someplace," He looks John up and down and shakes his head, "You'd have less bother from the rain if you left the uniform at home and wore something more comfortable for day to day life in the abbey."

Misu just decides to get something less..less wet on as she walks off. She offers no words and just heads upstairs.

John says, "Yes, well, this is a very large abbey." His tail twitches again. "And I was doing something that needed it -" He shrugs again. "But no matter! It's all mostly drying, now." He grabs a bit of the lose garment, shaking it. "Nice guard offered me a change of clothes, though..." Then, shaking his head once more, he says, a bit more urgently, "I really do need to see Xander - you really haven't seem him anytime recently?" The squirrel pinches the bridge of his snout, letting out another sigh. "Ah well. Nothing to do now but wait I guess. Say, when's lunch?"

Benar asks, "Lunch? Lunch was about.." he glances at the nearest window, "About six hours ago John, sunset isn't that far off, sooner even if this weather keeps up," he turns back and sips his tea, "Dinner will be in about two hours I would suspect, maybe earlier, it depends on what Lacota is cooking really." He looks at Karth and nods, "Xander is probably someplace around, you can always tell me whatever it is and I can pass it on"

Karth says, "Looks like you missed lunch, time does get away from one when busy"

Letting out a chuckle- though it doesn't seem to be from finding something all that humorous - John shakes his head again, looking up. "Ins't that my luck?" Another sigh. "Well, I suppose the clouds did manage to obscure the sun a bit..." Then, more to himself than the others, he mutters, "Really was longer than a quick nap...Huh."

Benar says, "Sometimes that happens on a nice summer day," He grins, "No harm done, sit down, have some tea, dinner won't be that long I am sure."

Karth says, "Naps can get one's energy back at times. Though rain can be...troublesome at times also"

Aye..." John says, nodding. "I suppose I should do that." He goes over to a chair and sits, adding, "And to be fair - I did pull an all nighter." He leans forward, rubbing his face with both paws, resting his elbows on his knees. "I guess I need to wait any how - soft kit needs to dry out..." He sits upright, smiling, his mood seemingly shifting. "Well, at least that leaves me with an excuse to have a warm meal now, doesn't it?" He chuckles again, though this time it really is genuine,

Karth yawns and listens as it seems the rain has calmed again.

Benar asks, "Well  I can't possibly imagine letting you leave without a proper meal John, that'd be rude of us," He pours some more tea and offers a cup to John, "Karth tea for you as well?"

John accepts the tea with a thanks, looking over at the remaining sea otter. "Karth, is it? Name's John." He takes a long sip of his. "Hmm...I suppose if Lee or DoraRose were around - they'd also probably would like to know..." He seems to be thinking allowed, as he leans back to be more comfortable in his chair. "Suppose it can wait a few hours though, eh?"

Karth nods "Yes Karth Riverbark, part of the Mossflower Defenders...and know what that dinner is soon?"

Benar asks, "Well the scents wafting up from the kitchen smell delicious, I am sure it'll be great," He shakes his head, "And really John what is this super important business?"

John raises his eyebrows at Karth's words. "So you're one of the friends Xander mentioned, I suppose?" Glancing over at the elder squirrel, he answers, "Some rather bad business in Mossflower - think I found a few leads on it, though." He taps the chair arm. "But I really don't want to do anything without some backup at least." He leans even further back into the chair. "Might run into a few beast I'd rather not to at the moment."

Karth nods "Yes he is my leader....and friend yes and I heard of some trouble around, but its been so what calm lately."   

Benar says, "Well that does sound tricky, I hope you are able to sort it all our John," he sips his tea and glances up as the door opens and a rather soggy Novice hurries over to lean over and whisper to Benar. The Abbot sits up, almost dropping his tea, "Here? Now?" he jumps up to his feet, "Oh lord what is it now, sorry Karth, John, I ... need to go, Marek is at the front gates asking to talk to me..." Putting his tea cup aside the Abbot heads for the door and the rain.

At the abbot's words, John's poster straightens and the younger squirrel goes tense, his tail twitching. "Ah. I see. Xander- well. Xander said the stoat might know something about this business..." He follows the abbot out.

Karth blinks, "Marek is here?" Ok he is curious and follows, well so much for staying inside as...this could be serious and imporant.

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-06-21 01:37:05 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: Caught In A Rain Storm!-Redwall Log

Not sure why some line jumps...oh well tongue

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2018-06-21 07:00:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Caught In A Rain Storm!-Redwall Log

1) Karth and Misu up in a tree....  wink

2) Pfft, hahahaha!  xD John is mad 'cause the storm rained on him xD

Board footer