Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-17 02:04:02 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

When hares wear perfume... (IC LP log)

SCENE: Salamandastron's Library

CHARACTERS:
Hares: Felicity, female.  Kate, female.

LOG:
Felicity enters the library of Salamandastron, sand sticking to her fur. Looking around, she sighs wearily and flops into a chair. Sliding down in the chair, she closes her eyes and sighs again. Finally, peace, quiet, and solitude at home. Why did she get sent to Halyard this time? Eew.

Little does the hare know, that a monster lurks these hallowed halls of the library. A monster by the name of Kate. A russet colored hare clearly in need of a more active life style, carries a large bundle of books from one end of the library to the other. Eyeing her fellow hare, the chubby librarian grins deviously.
She tiptoes her way to Felicity, raising the stack of books in her paws high over her head, and then drops them loudly onto the desk. "Hiya Fel!" she shouts.

Felicity reacts in a sane, sensible way:  She screams at the top of her voice, leaps up, flips around in mid-air, draws her sword, lands and points her weapon at the librarian.  "WHA--KATE, BLAST YOU!"  She throws her sword on the floor, grabs her ears, and does a tiny dance of rage.  "Don't DO that!  What on Eahrth is WRONG with you?!"  The Runner may have had a bad past couple of days.

The chubby hare holds up her paws defensively, giving Fel a 'Who, me?' look. "Wow, talk about high strung. Careful with that ferret poker, eh? You wouldn't want to gut the librarian! Then who would be here to sneak up on you?" She tried to laugh off the runners little freak out. "I take it the patrol in Halyard goes... well?"

Felicity glares at her chubby friend, then sighs heavily.  Picking up her sword and sheathing it, she flops back into the chair with a groan.  "'Twas /awful/!  D'ya 'ave any idea 'ow many vermin are excersisin' their right to be passive-agressive these days?!  An' I almost got stabbed twice!  An' then I get back an' discovah that my sistah an' 'er DAB cohorts had trashed the dinin' room -- th'DININ' room!  'Ow could such small little leverets DO somethin' like that?!"  She buries her face in her arms with a groan.

Kate chuckles, "Only twice? Halyard must be calming down these days." Unfortuently, it's hard to tell if the hare is joking or not.   
"And those dibbuns, such little rascals, eh? Future of the mountain right thar." The hare collects her books. There is something... different about her. She seems more chipper than usual, more spring in her step.   
She also smells... off. She smells... of perfume.   
She also sports a pair of new gold earings...   

Felicity sniffs. Eeew, what's that smell? Smells like....looking up quickly, the Runner looks at her friend critically. Happier, wearing jewelry... "Kate, what on /Eahrth/ are those on your ears? What are y'wearin'? Smells like a pond!" (This hare is obviously not one to focus on guys or trying to impress them. Also, all purfumes she has encountered remind her of a garbage dump.) "What's gotten into you? Why are you so..../happy/, wot?" That last question is not accusatory like the previous ones, but rather at a loss of trying to figure it out.

~*To be continued....*~

Thanks for reading!

Board footer