Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-06 06:08:57 PM

oz

To BrockHall We Go-Redwall Log

who:

Oz- Badger Mother

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Krisha-Badger Mother in Training

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

spoofed-Novice Suzy

Friar Lacota is also with them, as is 2-3 more novice helping out for the 2 weeks.

Log:

(ICLY HAPPEN Morning after the feast, so like Friday 4th after breakfast)

RW Abbey: Badger Mother's Room
------------------------------------------------------------
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent. The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places. There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at it's occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in it's holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow. The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers.

Oz was ready, basically as he had his staff, he had a couple things from his room and his traveling cloak.

Xander stayed by the doorway as if making sure he didn't try and stay behind.

Benar came into the room and smiled “Hello Oz..Xander I have the key for you Xander” He hands the key to the badger “ When your all ready you can head off to BrockHall...you do know the way correct Xander?”

Oz nods a hello as he  goes to the hallway “This may or may not be the best plan, but..time off is...ok I suppose”

Xander nods “Thanks Benar” He gets the keys and offers a smile. “I will make your the trip and time there, and way back is safe Uncle Oz no worries”

Benar smiles “Your be fine Oz and your all have a good time and do expect a visit from me in a couple days or so. I have some things to tend to and to make sure Friar Lacota has what is needed and to join you at the entry when he is ready “And with that he heads on to the stairs.

Krisha comes down the hallway, Northstar in her arms as she smiles “Me and Northstar are ready.”

Xander nods and heads to the entry, making sure the others follow.

RW Abbey: Entry
You stand on a grassy sward between two cottages. To the south you see a small, calm pond. To the north lies an open space where the Abbey has its feasts in the warmer seasons. To the east is the Great Hall, a massive structure that rises far above the abbey walls and is completed with large towers that pierce upwards into the sky. The main building is completed with a large, iron banded door that would allow one into the Great Hall. Coolness has swept into the air now, bringing with it the autumn leaves of the orchards. Coating the trails that lace and move through the dying grass and flowers. Regardless of the death of plants, the area is beautiful in it's gold and orange season. The abbey is sporting the colors in full pride.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Oz stood by the entry as he waited quietly, he was ready to head off or least for the moment he was ready.

Krisha walks over "Xander is making sure he knows where we are going....you ok Oz you seem stressed" She is a little worried but also curious.

Oz nods "I will be fine. Its just I will have to take some time to get use to surrounds once we are there is all, most likely most of the first day there, then I should be better anyways"

Krisha says, "i...understand, you had to do that here too, didn't you." She frowns "If I am touching on something you rather not talk of then please tell me to be quiet"

Oz is quiet and then speaks "Your...not. The abbey is large yes and it did take some time to get use to, but I already of course knew my way around it just took remembering paw steps to and from a room or outside and now I can do it without thinking and I very rarely have anything in my path that shouldn't be there. Its a bit different outside the abbey I will admit. I did get a slight bit turned around in the woods a couple weeks ago when all I planed to do was be in the clearing..but I got help back when Xander found me"

Krisha nods "Well then you do what you need to do to feel....comfortable while at Brockhall. I am sure there is rooms to rest in, and it sounds like it has a room for all to talk and such, and a kitchen as well."

Oz nods "There was a trip there once, a day or two I believe as a sort of important places sort of thing. I stayed here and went at the last place, the Quarry, they had the summer feast there that season in fact."

Krisha says, "I never been to the quarry either, not been many places really....least in Mossflower and when me and father left a home we had we....well wouldnt stay in any one place too long"

Xander makes his way back to the entry, "Ok...now I know the way and as i thought I did have a general idea where to go."

Oz nods "That is good Xander...so I suppose led the way"

Krisha says, "That's good dear as it would be unwise to get lost and maybe we can make it by a little after lunch"

Xander nods "That's the plan anyways"

They wait till Friar Lacota gets to the entry with the supplies and a couple novice, all together 4 novice had volunteered to help out while they are in BrockHall for the 2 weeks. They are led to BrockHall by Xander and arrive just a little after lunch time. Lunch is lite and Dinner will basically make up for a very lite lunch.

==A couple hours after getting to BrockHall==

Brockhall: Annex
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Brockhall Annex *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

This chamber, lit with soft-glowing lanterns, is the very hollowed trunk of
Brockhall and serves as an  annex for a host  of adjacent rooms and a grand
entrance hall. The room's  ceiling is lost  overhead in the darkness of the
mighty oak trunk. The tree's  thick roots, that  twist their way around the
chamber, have been honed and polished to resemble simple furnishings -- the
chairs,  tables, and shelves are  all part of the  rustic decor,  as much a
part  of the  tree as the  beings who dwell  here. A  great stone fireplace
dominates the  far wall, encircled by small stumps  and even a large, comfy
chair. Carved into the living walls, a staircase with a sturdy railing runs
around the  chamber, ascending  gracefully into darkness.  Another smaller,
darkened stairwell, the steps  worn with age, leads to the woodlands. Above
the  stairwell,  a  brightly  polished,  bronze  plaque  reads:  Brockhall.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Brockhall Annex *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Xander had went on a short patrol around the area and then is back by dinner time.He will get some good sleep tonight, unless he is needed otherwise it's sleep time.

Oz was uneasy the first step he took into here and even batted away a paw muttering how he was fine, he reached out a paw and felt along a wall and then tripped over a stool, he also knew there was stairs that he stayed away from, for now. He sighed and just sat by the wall and pushed the stool to the side.

Krisha had looked around a little and then frowns as she watches Oz a couple moments and walks over slowly "You....ok?" A novice has Northstar.

Oz blinks and sighs" I will be....fine just.."He frowns as he remains seated "I...feel..."He is quiet "Helpless right now"

Krisha sits beside him and lays a paw on his shoulder, she isn't sure how to help him feel better.

Oz speaks softly "I hate feeling helpless. I don't know my way around this...this place at all. I should of just flat refused to come here and stayed...home"

Krisha frowns and then speaks "No...you shouldn't of. Your be fine and you have me, Xander and even little Northstar here as well. We will help you"

Oz snorts "Help..I should not have to ask for help. I am not some helpless old beast who can't do anything !" Yeah yelling helps, not as he stands and walks forwards toward where he remembers are stairs somewhere and he almost falls onto them, he backs up and takes a deep breath and bumps into a wall only to slide down it and sit again, he has stressed himself a little too much. He takes a deep breath and exhales and now has what ever novices came peeking around a corner to stare at him.He mutters "Feel like a helpless...old..blind fool"

Krisha glares at the novices who gulp and quickly head to where ever Friar Lacota is as there is dinner to get ready and she walks over and sits by Oz and gives him a hug,"Your not an old fool. Your the badger Mother of Redwall Abbey. You help others all the time and always give advice when your able to.You are there for others and for your family. Now let your family be there for YOU. Let me help you around Brockhall and help you learn your way around, please. Let me help you for once." She hugs him if allowed and gives him a kiss on the check."You do great, you you will fine...I mean you impress a lot of beasts when they learn your blind but....wow he doesn't seem blind, you can even use a staff v, like kick...butt with a staff and your blind and still..kick butt"She smiles"Your wonderful"

Oz listens and manages a small smile, he returns the hug "Thanks Krisha.....ok fine" He is silent then "Can you please..help me"

Krisha says, "Of course all you had to do was ask. And we can take all the time you need...alright?"

Oz nods and slowly stands and reaches for her paw."Ok...then lets start...please"

Krisha smiles and helps him to stand and then slowly leads him around Brockhall, mentioning where a step is, a hallway is, a room and here we go up or down and this many steps. Every so often a be careful cause of this or that. She will stop when needed and take as much time as needed.

Oz allows the help and he is slow at having her led him around, he stops nervous a couple times and slowly gets less nervous as he learns his way around Brockhall and a small smile forms even. It will take a little while, and they will stop for dinner and get back to this...most likely late into the night before both decide to sleep and for the first time....in a very long time...Oz will TRUELY sleep in.

Last edited by oz (2018-05-08 09:03:51 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer