Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 06:30:23 PM

oz

The Spring Of Peace-Spring Feast Part 2

**part 2 of the Feast om May 3-1018...read to see who jioned i smile ****

Benar runs his eyes over the document, reading it just in case, but then he nods, "Yes this is indeed a copy of the one I signed already," He dips the quill and signs his name with a flourish, "It never hurts to have a copy here as well thank you Blisa and there you have it my friends. Our peace with Ferravale is everlasting"

Gorvenalus smiles and will put this in the record logs later on, for now enjoy the feast.

Krisha walks in from upstairs, with her is Northstar the badger cub, the cub looks around and clings onto her mother as if a little worried of all the strangers, least to her as Krisha softly sings to the cub to calm her down and stays off to the side for now. She quietly listens as the cub calms now.

Chestnut walks in slowly as to not distrube any beast. He didn't mean to be late but he got a little lost in the woods and then finally found the abbey. He watches from the doorway till he can sit down.

Oz quietly listens as Blisa and Benar speaks and leans back in his chair. Least he isn't so grumpy now but he also, for once, is not sitting by the dibbuns...no wait a moment never mind like 2-3..no 4 come over to him, now he has dibbuns by him . He mutters a be good and lets them sit by him or in his lap for now.

Misu looks over curious, she clearly didn't know of the peace treaty and the news interest her.

Lacota ahas, nodding. Peace is good. The squirrel signals to several novices, and they move to start serving the feast.

Benar rolls up the treaty and tucks it into his sleeve and sits down at the table as the food starts to roll out. He helps himself to a slice of deeper n every turnip and 'tater and beetroot pie, a tankard of ale and a bowl of salad and settles back to watch everyone else enjoying themselves.

Xander arrives after stepping away for a little while. He had to check on some things and now quietly joins the feast.

Marek pours himself a glass of tea and grabs a single scone, he does not appear to be in a very hungry mood at the moment, but he converses with a few beasts nonetheless.

Krisha sighs as she looks around, not seeming to find whom she is looking for gets some food and sits by Xander when he sits and smiles. She will still keep Northstar close to her, otherwise there is gonna be one very loud wailing dibbun if she doesn't.

Nodding, Blisa says demurely, "My pleasure." As the food comes out, she walks over and sits with her bodyguards. They all help themselves to food, and at the end they head upstairs to the rooms they've been using the past week. LilyMoore does everything she can to make sure the stoat sits by her, until she falls asleep halfway through the feast. But she doesn't miss her mother playing the song she found in the Abbey records on her mandolin. It's beautiful, and speaks of Redwall's fame and hospitality. She will carry her daughter out to the gatehouse when it's time for bed. Angela goes out there ahead of them. But nobody skimps out on the food!

Oz smiles a little at the dibbuns beside him and then stands helping them get something first and then checks on the other dibbuns before getting himself a little something to eat and drink and sits back down quietly.

Chestnut smiles as he also gets some food. Oddly for a hare he only gets a small bit of soup and a roll, and some tea before sitting down.

Xander smiles, he glaces over at his uncle and sighs, he mutters some to Krisha and slowly stands and heads over towards Abbot Benar.

Lacota remains off to the side as novices serve the meal. Everything is going smoothly right now.

Marek seems forlorn as he eats his scone and then decides to excuse himself from the table. "My apologies, Mr. Benar. I believe I should be going, I am a bit...under the weather today". He quickly leaves and heads towards the direction of the Open Ground

Misu gets a little ale, some fish and some salad.

Krisha nods at a whisper and eats some of her food. It seems Northstar is asleep in her lap.

Misu says, "This feast is most interesting"

Benar looks up from his pie as Xander walks over and smiles at the badger, "Good day Xander, how can I help you? Did you have something on your mind?"

Xander nods "Yes I did. Though I do need your help."He glaces over at his Uncle again and back to Benar"Prmission to....well..."He sighs"Uncle Oz seriously needs a day off ...I did suggest it and...he said he can't"He frowns "Maybe 2-3 day break...and don't worry I would keep him safe while he is away from the abbey he would be with me,Krisha and Northstar...just 2-3 days I am sure others can...dibbun watch? If not then..it's fine. I mean can he ...tell the abbot no?" Wait he could and he knows that.

Chestnut smiles "Ahh yes and the food is great I do need to learn to cook a couple of these dishes for the Defenders base, or something like it anyways"

Krisha watches Xander as she rocks the sleeping badger cub Northstar. She smiles at a curious dibbun that wandered away that just wants a quick peek at the baby and then they wander back to the other dibbuns smiling and talking about the cute cute baby

Lacota finally takes a seat, with a cup of tea and a small salad.

Oz most likely could use a day off, he did recover from the whole..cake at the pond problem, though his shoulder is still sore. He got a short nap in but that was all.

Benar considers the question for a moment then shakes his head, "No no, absolutely not Xander, I won't have it," He sits up, "I insist Papa Oz takes a week off at least. Three to four days... in fact two weeks would do him a world of good. He has assistance and helpers," He points a fork toward Oz, "So yes, two weeks at least minimum resting and relaxing, if you like I can give you my key to Brockhall. It's nice and quiet and badger sized and you can all put your feet up there and relax."

Xander blinks "Brockhall?" He smiles, it would have much ...like a lot more room, that his uncle Zee's one room hut. There is that Sister Ginny also."

Krisha smiles "Oz does need the time off I agree..if he will do it that is"

Oz frowns as this for sure catches his attention, "What now?..Two weeks off...fer what?" He seems unsure "The dibbuns need me" His excuse "I am sure..beasts mean well but I don't need time off...."He snorts "Time off..." He would enjoy it after a day or so most likely.

Misu sips some ale "Why not...days off be good. Releves the stress and makes one...how you say better off" Then what does she know dibbuns would drive her insane in like one day.

Chestnut looks over at the mention of Brockhall "What is..Brockhall?" He hmmms "Days off are nice"

Xander frowns and takes a deep breath "You.....need.....days off...."He sighs "Please"

Gorvenalus who has been mostly quiet even agrees "Time off will be good yes"

Benar smiles softly, "Oz, I am your Abbot, I am ordering you to Brockhall for two weeks with your family. Along with Xander, Krisha and the rest of your family. Ginny can manage the dibbuns for a couple of weeks." He smiles, "As for what Brockhall is Chestnut, it is the old home of the Badger Lords of Mossflower. It is kept in care of the Abbot of Redwall these days."

Krisha says, "It sounds nice."

Lacota scoffs loudly. "You'll take a day off or else." The squirrel certainly means well, though he grumbles a little about never getting a day off. In truth, he'd probably hate such an idea.

Chestnut just sips some tea quietly to see where this goes.

Misu just sits there and all is quiet, yes lets all see what happens shall we?

Oz sighs..."But...they need..me" He is quiet before finally "Fine...but no longer than two weeks. Some time with Xander and Krisha and...Northstar will be nice"

Xander smiles a little, victory as he nods "And the Defenders will be fine, I can still check on them, maybe Karth and Zolomon can sort of help keep an eye on things also. They are two of my best archers and Karth is also a good fighter. And they can still let me know if I am needed for anything."

Benar smiles softly and his ears twitch and he shoots Lacota a sideways glance, "Excellent, and as I can't possibly send you all to Brockhall without provisions. Friar Lacota will accompany you with a wagon full of supplies and a couple of novices to help with the cooking and cleaning and such."

Krisha smiles "Xander dear....time off for you also dear. Or least not...too much checking on things let the other Defenders make reports to you....maybe through Karth or Zolomon?" Northstar becomes a little fussy but then calms again.

Misu tilts her head "Karth likes order, he can be bossy.....but yeah he a good fighter and loyal to friends"

Oz nods but "Are you....sure the dibbuns will be fine without me for 2 weeks?"

Xander glaces at Krisha and nods "Yes dear" He sits down beside her, he can get the key later.

Lacota's eyebrows shoot up in surprise, but he doesn't object. He sips his tea. An unexpected turn, to be sure. He's already formulating a standing request for Sister Violet to be barred from his Kitchen while he's gone.

Chestnut says, "Brockhall sounds nice...do have fun"

Benar says, "Well there we go then, it is all settled and I am sure Brockhall would benefit from having a good airing out. I may drop in myself to say hello. I will get you the key tomorrow Oz. It's locked away in my study."

Xander smiles "I can get the key...just to make sure and I know where it is...seen it once, never been inside though"

Oz frowns "Afraid I will try and chance my mind and not go?”

Xander says, "ummmm....yes"

Chestnut chuckles at this...."Your not allowed to say no sir badger"

Benar says, "Of course he will try to change his mind, until I chase him out of the gates." He smiled softly, "You will have a nice time Oz I am sure"

Krisha smiles at that idea as she sips some tea."Away from.....all the dibbuns will be fine. Less stress and when you get back two weeks later your feel better and they will be fine as Benar said"

Oz manages a small smile "I..will try...two weeks?" He hmms and nods again "Alright....two weeks then I am back to my duties"

Misu mutters something along the lines of how has he not gone insane yet

Lacota continues sipping his tea as all this goes on.

Xander chuckles as he gets just a little October ale and sips it slowly"Thank you Abbot Benar for the offer of Brockhall for 2 weeks. I will make sure all goes well and keep beasts safe too"

Benar settles back in his chair smiling, "I'll get it out for you later Xander, it's in one of my locked cabinets, for now everyone enjoy the food."

Oz will miss the dibbuns, he will have to tell them all be good and give hugs later "So...tomorrow this two weeks starts then is my guess"

Xander nods "Yes." He look at Benar and then goes to enjoy some pie. He will make sure the two weeks go well, and that it is enjoyable.

Benar raises his tankard toward everyone and the reaches out to snag a gypsy tart, the sickly sweet confectionery dessert one of his favorite, "Very good food this year Lacota, I will miss you whilst you are away."

Chestnut smiles at Xander "Sir..i will make sure the base is good on food while your away with family"

Lacota nods. "Don't worry, I'll leave you lot in good paws, but don't let Sister Violet try to take over..."

Xander nods "Thanks Chestnut"

Oz quietly sips tea "It will be...interesting to be away for two weeks. I...rarely leave the abbey for...anything" Yes very very very rarely.

Krisha smiles "It will be nice Oz, your see and you deserve a good amount of REAL time off"

Xander says, "yeah not an hour here or there...and you can sleep in for a change how long has that been?"

Oz shrugs "I...don't know"He is truthful at least."I suppose I do need time away. We will see how it goes, hopefully well"

Krisha nods "Yes and your finally getting time off...." She looks around again and sighs a little.

Xander notes the sigh and frowns "What?"He sounds slightly concerned.

Krisha says, "My father left early and went back to his shop after he promised he stay for the feast...that's all other wise its been a very good day"

Lacota gets up to return to the kitchen. He has to prepare some things.

Xander says, "Oh...Ferro. It will be ok dear maybe he is just busy. we will let him know where we are in case he will....visit there"

Krisha just stands and hands Northstar to Xander "Yeah right...I need some fresh air and then getting to bed."

Xander takes the cub and blinks, well least the cub is asleep.

Oz is busy talking with the dibbuns, they will get a good story and tucked into bed, he will go ahead with the plan, he will not like it at first but things should be fine after a day or two he hopes once he is use to the place.

Last edited by oz (2018-05-03 06:33:26 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer