Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-03 06:52:32 AM

oz

Talk before The Feast-Redwall Log

**Seems the badger mother room doesn't log...all well paste/copy smile ****

who:

Oz- Badger Mother

Krisha- Badger maid and one day future badger mother

Log:

Oz was resting in his own room before the feast, he had given a small lecture to a couple troubling dibbuns and then decided to rest, or least try to rest in his own bed, in his own room.

Krisha knocks on the door and opens it slightly “Oz?” She will leave if he asks, but she sounds a little down and she doesn't have Northstar or anyone else with her.

Oz sighs but sits up and answers “Enter the room.”He then waits to see what is needed, hopefully no dibbun did something else as it was bad enough the feast got moved slightly due to the...cake problem he wishes to not ever go though again.

Krisha walks in and sits down in a chair, paws folded in her lap “If you want some rest before the feast this afternoon I can...go away, just...sort of was wanting advice”

Oz tilts his head “What sort of advise Krisha, are you ok? Is it about Xander or Northstar?”

Krisha shakes her head and then speaks “No..its...”She sighs “My father, he , he broke a promise, he said he stay a little while and for the feast, but then he just starts to leave saying he stayed for a little while as he said he would but he also said he stay for the feast and walk back with me and Xander. Me and him had a disagreement..me and father since he truly wanted to go so I told him to go home if that's what he really wanted to do. I..I don't understand why he is like this. The tribe thing I understood...they were always following us but they died like 3 seasons ago..all of them and yet he STILL wants to avoid beast and not even TRY and make friends...at least he is a little less over protective of me, still says I shouldn't go anywhere without Xander and about had a fit when he learned I traveled so far on my own from Willowbark to here, he STILL treats me like a dibbun at times.”

Oz listens and nods “Like a hermit sort of...”He smiles “I understand as this is familiar. My adopted son Maxtor always said I was over protective and yes I was and I was a hermit though my reasons were painful memories at the time and being afraid of losing Maxtor to some fate as well. I did have my bother and adopted father but..I don't know guess felt if I stayed they would befall some bad fate and...I couldn't stay in Send after my mate and child died, it was...painful. I can see how Ferro is over protective, maybe he fears losing you...as for the hermit issue I am unsure, maybe the fact most fear monitors and he is afraid they will fear him...or worse”

“Worse?” Krisha asks and listens “He is scary yes but he is a vegetarian and would not harm anyone unless they were a threat to his family or maybe his shop. He somehow greets beast in his shop but comes off as moody and scary and always closes 2-3 hours after midday. I sometimes help in the shop but not always.”

“Worse meaning maybe one would ..kill him. I do not know much of Ferro but maybe give him time and speak to him even if its later on, don't remain mad at him or stressed.” Oz says.

Krisha smiles a little “So...you a hermit, you don't seem the hermit type that much. So did Maxtor complain, guessing he did"

Oz frowns" He drugged my tea with sleeping herbs and ran away. I tracked him down to here some weeks later." He smiles a little, he was worried sick then and even made himself ill cause of stress..."I gave him a long lecture, beasts claime it was 3 hours long I do not know, maybe I did have a lot to say but parents worry, even adopted ones."

Krisha blinks "Wow...so....hermit?"

Oz shrugs “Not nearly as much...ask some beast how I acted when I first came here...mainly Benar can tell you. I found company with the dibbuns fine and others not so fine”He chuckles “I still, at times will slip away...I think after going blind I was a lot less likely to leave a feast or room if more than say 4 beasts were there, guess I wanted to...not be so alone. I am unsure how to help Ferro get friends,  its not that easy as it seems...both sides have to be willing.”

Krisha nods and then smiles “By the way...me and Xander were thinking what if you take like 2-3 days off and come with us and Northstar to the hut in Ferravale, its small but nice and...could be family time just us.”

Oz frowns “I have dibbun duties they need me I can not have a day off”

“Sure you can, we can ask Benar I am sure someone...Sister Ginny and a couple others can handle the dibbuns for like 2-3 days and I think time off, real time off, would do you some good...please” Krisha asks

Oz sighs “I...will think on it, its not a yes or a no at this point.”

Krisha nods and hugs him “That's fair...now how about you rest for now, the feast is in...what like...well soon, this afternoon...can I help Sister Ginny with the dibbuns till then?”

Oz nods “Yes you can and if I am needed...”

“We can handle it, if not I promise” Krisha says “We will come get you if needed now please take a nap and someone can wake you before it's time for the feast.”

Oz nods and yawns as he lays down..”Fine....”He is tried and it shows.

Krisha will make sure he is cozy and slowly walk out of the room and shut the door and make sure beasts know not to distube Oz.

Oz does indeed take a much needed few hour nap and wakes like a half hour before the feast.

Last edited by oz (2018-05-03 10:21:27 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer