Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-02 05:39:22 PM

oz

A Story Of The Past, Can Help Another Sometimes-Redwall Log

Who:

Oz- Papa Oz and Badger Mother

Blisa- chieftain of Ferravale

**This happen in Redwall Infirm and then moved to Cavern Hole later as it was time to go to dinner***

Oz is feeling better now. Nothing like getting slammed into the pond with the flying cart, not something he was expecting at all. He also had to deal with a couple dibbuns earlier and sighs softly as he finishes talking with an order brother, "Thank you...yes yes I will have a chat with them...yes...fine" He sighs again as the order beast leaves grumping.

Blisa peeks into the room. "Papa Oz?" She asks very softly. "Are you in here?" The cat really has no reason to be in here. She just wants to visit the badger.

Oz smiles "I am here, leaving though as the infirm is...not the best place to be, I hate infirms and always did."

Blisa smiles crookedly. "Oh, I dislike them, too, especially when Angela is semi-in charge." She walks over to the badger and goes to hold his paw. "I wish I was still a Dibbun. Life is hard when you're a grown-up, especially when you have so much responsibility and things to worry and be sad about."

Oz chuckles "Sometimes...being a grow-up is hard and sometimes being a dibbun is as well...well it was in the Northlands. Way too much snow."He smiles at a memory "Though there was ways to get down a hill faster..not the best way, lets just say hollowed out logs are scary when one is flying down a hill and you almost crash into a group of wolves.”

Blisa's eyes widen. "Wolves?! You had to watch out for /wolves/?" She obviously thinks that all wolves are dangerous beasts.

Oz frowns and then sits down, almost misses the bed and snorts. He then speaks "The wolves...were family. When me and Zork's parents died, a wolf clan adopted us and they were already friends with the family. Silverfangs..."He stops as he looks sad "Silverfangs....was chief...was a father to us"

Blisa blinks, then scoots closer to the badger. "All the stories I've read say that wolves are evil and ferocious, to be feared, not trusted. Some aren't?"

Oz smiles "Some are not, yes there was some that were bad, but not all. There was one time a wolf that was evil, but he was beat in a fight and banished. Silverfangs came down here, a very short while...he was fairly old, sadly he died. I...miss him, a lot. I miss..."Great memories can be bad at times, "I miss..."He goes quiet now thinking of other beasts also from his family.

Blisa goes to squeeze the badger's paw, remembering her own family who died. "I miss beasts, too." She hesitates, then whispers, "I sometimes miss them so much, I lose track of what's real and what's not. I feel like....I lose control, and lose myself, too." This is the secret of her insanity. She then hurriedly adds, "Don't tell anybeast."

Oz does hear he as he is listening as he nods "I am..least bloodline wise the last of the Winters Clan...Xander was adopted but is still a part of it, as is Krisha and...Northstar"He says the last name quietly.

Blisa nods. "I....was engaged....to Jase....I don't think I will ever love like that again." She stares at the wall. "You at least have Xander and Krisha and Northstar still." She has no idea who the original Northstar was, so she just says that name normally.

Oz nods "Yes, I do have them and I am happy for that." He sighs as he brushes away a tear "Krisha asked for a good name for the badger cub...so I gave her one, a way to...honor my mate, her name was Northstar. My son name was Cole..barely a season old "

Blisa looks into the badger's face. "Tell me about them." She crawls up onto the bed and goes to cuddle close to him. He is the only creature she is willing to act this way around.

Oz smiles "I can tell you a few stories if you like"He smiles, a happy one yes “How me and Northstar meet.”  He smiles “I was at a winter Eve Feast, something like here....wait it was fall. Me and Zork went and he just sort of sat in a chair. I on the other paw..well sort of walked right into a badger maid, Northstar. She forgave me and asked me to dance to which, I didnt know how but she did teach me...course failed that night and it didnt help Zork was insanely laughing at me. I remember I galred at him and stomed out, Northstar followed me and..well slowly got to know one another better and I did learn to dance. I still can dance in fact.....anyways me and Northstar soon was married and later on had a child, Cole a little boy.Zork was so happy to be an Uncle, its most likely why he was a good father to Zinnia later on, he helped watch Cole a lot.”He won't go into details of how Northstar and Cole died, if she asks he will tell her. He will also tell her how he lost his parents, maybe some saddness can help another. He soon learns the couple stories were fairly long, but that's fine as she can lead him down to dinner!

Last edited by oz (2018-05-03 10:17:46 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer