Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-30 08:04:29 AM

Karth Riverbark

Checking On Beasts And Some Mossflower Past Leaned-Redwall Log

Who:

Karth Riverbark- Me- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Oz Winters- AKA Papa Oz, Badger Mother

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Blisa- Chieftain of Ferravale

Angela- Healer mouse in Redwall

Zolomon Arturo Garrick Anderson IV-Archer in Mossflower Defenders

A few spoofed beasts

Log:

RW Abbey: Infirmary
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall. Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds. Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper. A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oz has been in the infirm as a just in case and his shoulder is sore but checked over and lucky not broken. He did get a little water in his lungs so of course they are making him stay at least a day or so.

Karth peeks inside. He heard some of what happen and walks inside. Check on Oz it seemed as his leader was elsewhere."Hello sir, how are you doing after...what ever it is that happen"

Blisa comes stalking out of a back room, scowling. Her vixen healer bodyguard, Valerie, trails behind her, looking frazzled. Ferdinand the ferret follows, appearing much less irritated. Angela exits last, closing the door behind her. She looks the least perturbed. The young cat comes over and sits by the badger, her tail poufy and twitching.

Oz speaks "I...am fine." He coughs a little, hey he was coughing worse earlier. He frowns "A...accident at the pond, not totally sure what happen." He frowns as he knows he ended up in the pond, which was not fun when your blind and can't figure out which way to go as its not like he knows the pond, he got out that's to an otter nearby.

Karth nods "You were pulled from the pond, as was a mouse dibbun...the dibbun is fine and so is the sea otter dibbun, whom I believe was somehow a cause of it."

The bodyguards slip out of the room. While Angela busily started mixing up something, Blisa looks over at the badger. "Wait, what happened? Papa Oz, how in the world did you get into the pond?" She looks over at the otter, who seems to know about what had happened.

Oz frowns but he seems glad the two dibbuns are ok as he rubs his shoulder a little.

Zolomon walks in and frowns "It was horrible...this otter lass..well she murdered a poor innocent cake and maybe messed up a cart from the kitchens but that innocent cake is for sure gone I mean who would do that to cake.."He quickly shuts up as he most likely gets a glare from someone and moves towards a table."Anyways...a cart, with an otter dibbun and cake crashed into Ozzy and the mouse dibbun and they went flying into the pond"

Karth blinks as he listens and clears his throat "Interesting...the only thing I heard was a dibbun having some clue about Ace, not so much on the pond just that Oz was in here"

Blisa's eyes widen. Angela turns and glares at the hare. "Oh, aye, 'cause the cake is more important than the Badger Father. Y'accursed hares," she adds in a mutter as she turns back to her task. "Always thinkin' about food." The Ferravale Chieftain looks at the sea otter. "Ace? Oh, is that the Defenders member who's missing? I heard about that."

Oz sits up slowly, weather he can stay sat up is another thing. "I.." He coughs a little "Am fine now...just a sore shoulder."He listens "Otter on cart....who?" But he has a general idea.

Zolomon frowns "I didn't say that...course Ozzy is important...goodness"

Karth nods "Yes the missing Hedgehog. He had saved a dibbun the night before he disappeared it seems and maybe that's the dibbun sea otter but I am not sure. I believe Xander and Zolomon was gonna speak with her or maybe already did."

Blisa purses her lips. "There is a rumor of a slaver group in the area; I wonder if they're part of the hedgehog's...Ace's disappearance." Angela scowls darkly at the hare. "Just 'ush yer face an' get o'er 'ere." She gestures at him to join her at the herb counter.

Oz frowns"Slaver...group?"

Meanwhile the hare ears droop and he backs out of the room "I...sort of..kinda need ta do something for Xandy...yeah sorry Ms. A"He turns to attempt to bolt!

Karth frowns as he sees Zolomon go for an escape, well this surely wont help "Sir Xander is not in the abbey I am not sure where he is" The otter is so helpful! He looks to the Ferravale Chieftain "Yes..madam...there is possible slavers around, a couple beasts were hurt by some beasts and I believe they may be the cause of why a dibbun vole is an orphan now. I have not found much on a patrol earlier...then sadly it was a couple weeks ago, before me and Sir Xander returned from our trip but I have not heard of any other missing beasts lately."

Angela watches the hare and calmly says, "If y'don't get o'er 'ere right now, I'll just let the Friar know that I suspect y' o' stealin' a couple o' pies the other day." Blisa listens to the sea otter and nods. "This is unfortunate...yes, Papa Oz, a possible slaver group. I was hoping to do some research while I was visiting this week. It seems that whoever these beasts are, they left a single black rose behind at the place where they had killed a beast."

Oz started to lay down and then seems to sit back up a little too quickly and tenses up in pain as he holds his shoulder and coughs roughly."W..What?" He seems in some sort of shock when the rose is mentioned, no reaction...till then.

Zolomon sighs and walks over to Angela and glaces over at Oz curious now.

Karth frowns as he goes over "Take it easy sir you are still recovering and it may be best to be careful" He is not a healer but he knows rest is best. He is listening as the Ferravale chieftain speaks "A black rose? Never heard of one of those before"

Angela shoves a bowl of something foul-smelling at the hare. "Taste this. Oz, please lay back down, an' slowly. Whatever y'all are talkin' about y'can discuss from a horizontal position." It appears that she's been ignoring them for the most part. Blisa reaches out and goes to gently push on the badger's chest, trying to avoid his injured shoulder. "Yeah, Papa Oz, please don't hurt yourself. And yes, a black rose. I've been trying to figure it out. Apparently there is a cat that some of the guards have seen who has a black rose tattoo on her arm. I drew her from the description i was given."

Oz blinks and allows himself to be pushed down slowly , "The Black Rose..but Blackfur is dead....cat?" He listens "He had a daughter?"

Zolomon shakes his head, no WAY is he tasting anything that smells this bad.

Karth grows more curious "Who is Blackfur...or who was Blackfur?" He frowns "The Black Rose..is that a name is you talking about the flower?"

Angela scowls and goes to grab the hare's ear. "I need a taste tester an' ye're 'ere. Try it or I'll find somethin' worse for ye to try!" Blisa frowns. "'Black Rose'? Papa Oz, please explain what you meant. Is that some sort of group from Mossflower's past?"

Oz frowns "A slaver....he poisoned me shortly after..I got to the abbey, my first like season here. Black Rose is the name of the group....there would be info in the recorder logs, you can look up Blackfur and Black Rose."He frowned "Blackfur killed many beasts, he even had the champion at the time taken captive, but he didn't get the sword that was here at the abbey."

Zolomon seems to whimper but will taste what ever is in that cursed spoon. What did he do to deserve this

Karth listens "My guess is somehow the daughter or whom may be his daughter escaped...maybe with others."

Blisa's eyes narrow. "Well, I will make a point to look in the records now. Blackfur, huh? But why would his daughter come back to the area where he was defeated? One would think that she would want to avoid the place of her father's disgrace." The stuff in the spoon tastes like something tart and slightly sour, but it doesn't taste even half as bad as it smells. It actually tastes kind of good, in an odd sort of way. Angela cocks an eyebrow. "What d'y'think? I was thinkin' o' puttin' in some oregano and basil."

Oz speaks "I..don't know. I know the poison should of killed me and would of had I taken more than a sip of it...I remember it clearly as I couldn't move or breath and felt as if was passing out and a lot of movement around me. I woke in the infirm a few days later and couldn't talk another like week think was but I slowly recovered. Some hares from the long patrol were visiting and...was by the fire pit area and...well they likely saved my life being there when they were”

Oz frowns "There was one before him...Quickclaw but that was way before I was around here."

Zolmon blinks at the taste and Oz speaking "Grandpa knew of a Quickclaw....and...this mixture is....ok, maybe less sour"

Karth listens closely "Then its good you didn't die....but why poison you, were they after dibbuns?"

Angela nods and turns back to the counter, pulling herbs and stuff down. "Thank ye, Zolomon. Y'go an' talk to them. If I need ya, I'll 'oller agin." Blisa pulls a small journal and a charcoal pencil out of her messenger bag, and starts taking notes on a blank page. "Blackfur, Quickclaw, Black Rose....did your Grandfather tell you anything, Zolomon?" She glances up at him.

Oz says, "No he was after the Champion, he wanted to  capture the champion and did....and Blackfur saw me as a threat, also I...fought him on the road a few days before that. I was not always blind, that came seasons later"

Zolomon walks over "Grandpa......well...mainly what me mom told me, see..grandpa died when I was a small dibbun. He was Jake,,lot knew him"His ears droop "I never got de bally well chance, my mother was Kiara..."

Karth nods as he listens "I should tell sir Xander the Defenders should have a meeting on this, pr maybe wait till more info is gathered" He is curious "Champion at the time?"

Oz nods "The champion that was before Magramba. His name was Flicktail." He frowns."It was Flicktail that Blackfur had captive "

Angela discretely leaves the room, trusting the Novice Healers for now. Blisa's eyes unfocus. "Kiara.....oh....oh.....excuse me...I...I think I knew her.....excuse me...." and she leaves, to, except in a hurry as the memories of when they were captives of Stormfeather invade her mind.

Oz frowns, "Blisa?" He sighs and knows he can't follow her and hopes she is ok.

Zolomon just frowns and sits down.”Did..did she know my mom some how?”

Karth watches her head out "Is she ok?"

Oz frowns “I am unsure, and sort of knew your mother. Your mother was captive of this fox named Stormfeather. She disappeared after he..after he dragged her out of the cell and said we would never see her again, when he captured her she was the only one that survived an attack on a long Patrol group of like around  20 hares, Stormfeather most likely kept her alive for questioning.”

Karth frowns “I do hope the chieftain is ok, perhaps I can look up some important information in the records for her, or give info to their Head Guard Vojin as he will want to know of all this as well.”

Zolomon nods slowly and then “Yes...info..the recorder logs let's go Karth!” He goes to basically pull the otter into the hallway and towards the library, “Later Ozzy! Get some sleep and eat your veggies!!”

Oz just shakes his head but sleep would be good.

RW Abbey: Library
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC order and arranged by subject to better find what one is looking for. The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned. This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a lot of hard work has done wonders for the library. On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner with a few pillows as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Karth grumbles and would kick the hare, but he resits the urge to and shoves him slightly.

Zolomon blinks as he is shoved and goes to look over some logs, it's a good thing they are well organized and that he has an idea when his mother came back to the abbey, along with the time Stormfeather was around as he finds a log and opens it after he gets it out “ My mother Kiara was away awhile, came back ta the abbey right after joining the jolly Long Patrol...her first mission, her whole group, well almost, was killed by the fox and some ravens and crows. Thar was another survivor..a Feanor . But neither knew each other survived till later and no he bally well wasn't me dad.” He frowns “Me dad left one day and didn't come back..mom sort of wandered around and one day got sick and..and died, so I came to Redwall and ended up joining up with the Mossflower Defenders...guess I thought the LP was a bit..too much, even if mom and Grandpa joined up and even had an Uncle Bastien that joined up..left fer a while and then went back, he died in that battle with....well, that's the past”

Karth folds his arms as the hare goes on and on and on and hmmphs “We are looking for info on the Black Rose, or Quickclaw maybe..Blackfur not on your parents and their friends past!”

The otter gets a shhhhhhhh from a now slightly annoyed Mouse maid in the robes of an Abbey Sister, a voice is heard from the book binding room “Its Ok Sister Clover, I can handle it” And out steps Brother Gorvenalus.”Do you two need help?”

Zolomon frowns “But my past is bally well important too..and...and I had no blooming clue how ta find that info, tis not like she was ever attacked by the Black Rose..Grandpa may have been and may of fought Quickclaw when he was young and later Blackfur but I have...tis not like he is around now is it!” Ok he may cry so he just takes a deep breath and exits “Bally well excuse me chaps....” And he leaves.

Karth frowns, feeling a little upset now for upsetting the hare and sighs, he glaces at Gorvenalus and nods “Yes, the recorder logs have info on some group called The Black Rose, and former leaders like Blackfur and the one before that Quickclaw, seems Quickclaw was father to Blackfur and Oz knows some of Blackfur...I know not whom knows of Quickclaw if that was, well before Oz's time here that was confirmed. It seems a former guard named Jake..Zololom's grandfather it seems knew of Quicklcaw maybe but as he said, Jake died and I know speaking with Oz Quickclaw and Blackfur are dead but it seems Blackfur had a possible daughter whom may now be running what is left of the Black Rose and has likely gotten new members also.”

Gorvenalus takes all this in and nods as he looks at what Zolomon had and places both logs back in place.”This may take a little while to find.”He frowns “I need you to ask Oz and maybe some others when the Black Rose was in Mossflower before as that will help a lot on finding a log...in all this, as well as some are in the gatehouse like...older ones, the abbot may even had a small amount.”

Karth nods “Of course as it would take weeks to look at ever log in here. Yes I will speak with Oz more and maybe the abbot, though I have reason to believe Lorimis was abbot then, but Benar may pf been Brother then so he may know or...some of the elders.”

Gorvenalus nods “Yes..details may not be there but dates and seasons yes, that are easier to look up as logs are placed in order of the seasons, it may still take a little while but not as long if we know about how far back to go.”

Karth again nods “Sounds good, I will try and find some idea of how many seasons back, I will return when I can.” He then heads off not knowing how long this will take, an hour or maybe even a day or two.

**here is some of what Zolomon was reading on  and asked me to add links***

https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Feast_For_R … nd_LP_Log)

https://www.rwmuck.org/wiki/Ambush!_(Th … _Steel_TP)

**Look up a sad parting on old forums....found this since wont let me do a link to it, it's short and happen think may 2012 but shows up as first link, but went ahead and copy/ pasted since was a very very  brief log ....

Pike is sitting here in the great hall, he has a knapsack by his chair and he looks like he is depressed somewhat, he stirs his oatmeal as he takes a few last bites and drinks his water.

DoraRose enters from the kitchen carrying a large bucket. She smiles upon seeing Pike and walks over to where he is. She dumps the contents of the bucket on the table -- they are kitchen knives. Sitting down, she picks up a sharpener an a paring knife and begins to sharpen it, the soft 'shk-shk' filling the air. "And how are you this day, Sir Pike?"

Pike watches her and sighs, "Not too good, but sure will cheer up soon, gonna go help Lorimis and that Dazzlwe out few days in Ferravale needa get me mind off recent events."

DoraRose never looks away from her task. "What are you trying to forget?" she asks gently, her skilled paws setting the paring knife in the bucket and picking up a chefs knife.

Pike frowns, "Me best friend died couple days ago, and I have very few real good friends ta begin with."

DoraRose nods slowly, and for a few minutes only the sound of sharpener on knife can be heard. "I understand... When I started to follow the fox, I was alone. But many beasts have offered to help me, and I think they will for you, too." She pauses, then adds "Would you mind telling me your friends name?"

Pike nods, he isnt crying but its clear he was ealier probally..."Jake, he was a hare..use ta be a gaurd here couple seasons ago, he has left and came back from that..ummm fire Mt place think it was.Benar said...one of the other novice found Jkae..well he was dead, when he didnt come down for breakfast guess they checked on him."

DoraRose jumps as the hares' name was said. Her paws drop to the table as she looks at Pike, deep sorrow etched on her face. "Oh, no..."

Pike nods, he stands and grabs his knapsack "I..should go, I will be in Ferravale few days if ya be needing me or if Flicktail and Benar asks where I..went" He slowly walks off and to the entry.

Ok that is  all...

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-04-30 09:17:47 AM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-05-02 02:54:06 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Checking On Beasts And Some Mossflower Past Leaned-Redwall Log

The archived site https://www.rwmuck.org/archive/index.html works almost exactly like the old forums, and you can find everything except for private posts on there.  And all links to, like, other logs lead to their archived equivalents.  I hope this helps smile

Board footer