Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-27 01:34:18 PM

warrior_Otter_maid

A Talk WIth The Abbot!-Dibbun Roleplay

Whom:

Kenya- sea otter dibbun, mischief maker

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Why:
To say sorry about her pass couple deeds

When: Afternoon?

Where:
By potters wheelduring a light rain

Log:

RW Abbey: Kitchen Yard
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Boasting a decent view of the Abbey's orchards and gardens, this
space is mostly a work area, displaying well trampled grass and the
occasonal bare spot.  An especaily worn spot is the path that leads
between the kitchen gardens and the vineyards.

From one end of the kitchen yard to the other, the space is nearly
filled by the tremendous gnarled trunk of an ancient apple tree,
roots and branches and boughs trimmed off and piled alongside for
later use.  A deep groove of mud-churned sod and torn grass leads
back to the orchard, from where the fallen tree must have come.

There are also a variety of workshops around the edge of the yard,
the wood-shop, the cooper for making barrels. The small smithy
where the abbey's tools are made, the potters kiln and the brewery.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Benar it is cold and raining outside, but the Kiln is a beacon of warmth and light, the open fronted building radiating heat and warmth. Sitting at  the potters wheel, hands molding the clay gently spinning beneath his fingers is the Abbot of Redwall. Enjoy a brief and rare break from everything to enjoy the warmth of his kiln and his pottery.   

Kenya walks towards the area of the kiln slowly. It’s not too bad of a rain and she has a cloak on as she frowns. Seems she rather not talk to the abbot. Yesterday was bad enough and earlier today talking about her parents just made it worse, but she also doesn’t want to be in any more trouble than she already most likely is.   

Benar looks up from his work at the sound of foot steps and his foot slows on the pedal turning the pottery wheel, "Good afternoon Kenya, what brings you out here in such miserable weather?"   

Kenya frowns and then speaks quietly "I...is sorry bout yesterday at ..at the pond. And couple days before that I didn’t mean to get me and Atvi stucks in the book binding room. It was my fault the door now got all messed up and the hinge broke."   

Benar frowns, "I am afraid I do not know what you are talking about Kenya," He wipes his hands on his apron and gestures at a stool, "Come sit down out of the rain and tell me what has been happening."   

Kenya frowns, surely he just wasn’t told yet. She could just back away and leave but she doesn’t as she walks in and frowns as she sits down. "Couple beasts had to...take door off cause it will need fixed..doorknob broke and hinge was messed up cause....cause me..I made it slam shut when pushed Atvi into it..didn’t mean to..I didnt and then later...I...."She frowns. “I didn’t mean for the cart to crash I just wanted cake...and..I almost made him deaded" Well she didn’t really but it seemed that way to her and now she is...yeah crying.   

Benar's frown deepens, "I See... well I am glad you did not mean any real harm. But there are better ways to ask for cake young one then crashing a cart." He leans back and regards the young otter, "Come now, dry your eyes, you made a mistake but no one was seriously injured."   

Kenya sniffs as she looks at the ground. "It was..stuck and so..climbed on it and it rolled with me, and the cake..towards the pond"She frowns. She finally looks up "It crashed into Papa Oz and another dibbun and they went into the pond and the cake and cart..sank."She rubs her eyes as she explains "I didn’t mean to...I is sorry, very very sorry. The healer said Papa Oz was okie but he was coughing and holding his shoulder like it was...hurting"   

Benar looks grave and stares down at Kenya, "I see, that is very grave news, I hope you apologized to Papa Oz for knocking him over with a cart?"   

Kenya frowns "I..Did. You think he will be ok?" She knows he was taken to the infirm, most likely as a just make sure all is well thing.   

Benar says, "Well I have heard that he is going to be ok, but he needs some time to rest," He frowns, "I also think you are going to have to do something to make up for the trouble you caused Kenya."

Kenya frowns. "I...not know how fix door...or make new cart" She does remember the slight mess in the book binding room "I can...help get new ink...I did spill what little was left of it" Luckily not onto anything important.   

Benar says, "Well Kenya, I guess it is time to learn how," He smiles at her, "We all make mistakes, but I think you need to show that you are sorry and help the carpenter with the repairs. I am sure they can teach you and show you how to fix things"

Kenya is slightly interested. "I...can learn to..fix things?" She is curious, she manages a small smile "I..like to make pictures and I painted some rocks but left them in a room"

Benar says, "Of course you can learn Kenya," He gestures at his pottery on the wheel, "Everyone can learn," he smiles, "If you want to help put things right then I will tell the carpenter to expect you. It will be hard work but you'll learn a skill as well as how to put things right"

Kenya looks at the potters wheel curious, she nods "I..I want to help fix...the door."She says quietly."Also...want to..to help make up for killing the cake" It’s likely the cart was saved, but she didn’t pay attention as she was too upset at the time thinking she almost killed someone. She is a dibbun after all.   

Benar smiles at her, "Well then," he starts to press his foot against the peddle, causing the wheel to turn, his hands starting to mold the clay again, "Then I am sure you will do a good job n helping"   

Kenya nods "My..dad made things with wood" She frowns, but then watches the abbot as he works with some clay, "How you making mud do that?" It looks like mud after all.   

Benar smiles softly, "This is a special kind of mud called clay." He finishes shaping the pot and then lifts it up and carefully opens the kiln. Dry heat rolls out, he pops in the new pot and then uses a paddle to remove a finished piece and sets it down, "Don’t touch it, it is hot, but see after baking it in the oven it sets hard and that is how we get pottery."

Kenya keeps her paws behind her back and just nods there is no way she is gonna get to close to that."I..never see that before....that’s neato"   

Benar says, "It takes some doing to make and it is a skill to learn but one I am happy with."

Kenya smiles, "Me...I wanna learn something toos....maybe make things one day" She isn’t sure what. But something."But...not old enough....yet.And....not sures how long be at abbey..waiting on mama come backs.....if she comes back" She frowns slightly now.   

Benar says, "Well you are old enough to talk to me, so you are old enough to start learning. As you want to help fix the damage you caused woodwork is a good place to start"

Kenya nods "I....not wanna be...bad..want to try and be good" She will try at least but knowing her trouble will find her again but hopefully it will be something a bit less...major.   

Benar says, "Well then Kenya, I would say you do not have anything to worry about now"

Kenya nods slowly, "I...will maybe make doors or..maybe other things with, with wood one day when older and...help the abbey or some other beasts" She smiles she is a good talker for her age.

Benar says, "Well I am sure you will do us all proud Kenya, thank you for being honest and coming to tell us about what had happened"

Kenya nods "S..Someone said it good to be..honest. I talked with Recorder little after the door to Book Binding room was messed up, he said....when tell someone something and you’re..truely sorry it is good to be honest on what happen."

Benar smiles at Kenya, "Well I am very glad you did tell us and also that you wish to set it all straight, now then was their anything else?"

Kenya shakes her head "Nothing...else." Or was there, "You think it's ok to bring a snack to Papa Oz later or...leave him alones?"

Benar says, "Of course I think he would be very happy to see you especially if you are carrying a snack"

Kenya smiles now "Ok....and it will cheer him up also!" As he should be awake by now and those scones and the tea will be done by now. “I’m gonna go do that that..bye bye..see you later!” And she is off to find the badger Xander, he did promise to make Tea for Papa Oz and the scones are maybe done, and she wants to be the one to take it to him, she will deliver the snack!

Last edited by warrior_Otter_maid (2018-04-27 01:52:33 PM)

Board footer