Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-12 01:37:52 PM

oz

Tea With An Old Friend...Turns Intresting

Who:
Oz- Badger Mother , aka Papa Oz

Xander- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Bandit- A fox from Ferravale, Fat fox, Use to be Head Guard of Ferravale

Spoofs of 3 wol

This happen in the clearing North of the Abbey and then went a little further into the woods........

Oz rarely left the abbey, but today he decided a day off, as he had tried to get a day off the past several days and failed, well he did manage to go get some tea and mint leaves but that was all, he had not come to the clearing in a while and it was warmer now so he could mediate now. Hr instead....ended up falling asleep by the oak tree, what dibbuns have a lot of energy and can wear one out and they were extra energy filled past two days. He let those important know he went out a short while.

There is an air of peace in the clearing. There is a tranquil silence filled with only the sound of a gentle breeze and the buzzing of insects. A gentle silence soon broken by a loud, very un-Redwall like curse word so foul it bares not repeating. Another steady stream of curses fills the air, the voice female but growly. It's coming from not too far away, or else the creature in question has some very, very powerful lungs on them. P

Oz opens his eyes as he hears the shout and frowns. He sighs a little as he feels around for his staff and slowly stands."Must of fallen asleep..."He grumbles as he listens, he runs a paw along the tree as moss always grows on the north side of the tree...yes he found it so he knows where south is now and starts to head that way, towards the abbey.

The sound of the shouting only grows louder. What the badger does not see is a very large, imposing wolverine with a ribbons tied to her tail and shirt, hanging from the end of a snare trap. Struggle as she might she can't seem to pull herself high enough to cut through the snare about her leg. "Lousy, too bit, cheap, rope! GAH!" She flails her arms, spinning in place. Her curses cease as she sees the badger. The wolverine blinks, then draws her knife and growls, "Stay back, stripe d- er, one second." she pauses until she spins around full circle again to finish her threat, "Stay back badger!"

Oz stops and grips his staff in his paws as he tilts his head. Odd the sound seems to be coming from lower than it should as he arches an eyebrow. He can hear the leaves and limb of the tree creak some and blinks "Are you.....upside down?" He is far enough away where he won't get cut at least.

The wolverines eyes narrow, "Nah, I'm just a very tiny wolverine. OF COURSE I'M UPSIDE DOWN! What are you, bli-" The wolverine pauses, noticing that the badger is, indeed, blind. Deadly wolverine warrior or not, she still feels like a heel for pointing it out and sighs, "Yes. I am upside down. I had a little, mishap with my trap."

Oz frowns at the mention of trap, he seems unsure of weather to go closer or not "I am...unsure how I can help. I don't carry blades, just the staff..never have carried a blade in my life.."He rethinks, ok he did once but he only keep it on his back, he never used it the couple days he had it for safe keeping.

The wolverine chuckles bitterly, "Leave it to Redwallers to not carry weapons out in the forest. Ugh, this is just like one of mum's stories..." She rubbed her eyes, letting herself spin around until she faced the badger again, "If I give you my knife, can I trust you not to stab me with it? That would be rather... embarrassing." 

Oz still seems unsure but decides to trust the wolverine as he edges a little closer, he reaches out a paw and finds out where the rope is, well least it's a sunny day right? No rain or clouds..."I....ok fine" Its to cut a rope, he can do that and then he can just back off and leave."Redwall beasts don't believe in violence...they rarely use a weapon unless its self defense....I never wanted to use a weapon even before I came to Redwall...I learned to use a staff and learned a little healing and tea making"

"Oh, sure, sure. What ever you say. I'm not going to argue with the badger cutting me loose." The wolverine tilts her head to one side. "You know, you actually remind me of someone my mum once-" SNAP! The wolverine yelps as she falls flat on her head. She rolls onto her back, shouting, "OW! OW! Owie~!" the wolverine whines as she rubs her head.

Oz moves backwards and grips his staff tightly...well the wolverine is down now. "I should get going, I am unsure how long I been out and I said a couple hours." Its been 3 hours so its not like he is too late ."And your free..."He is curious of her mentioning him seeming familiar" Interesting...but I rarely leave the abbey ." He has his reasons, one being blind he can only go so far and when he goes further he is usually with someone else.

Yeah, sure. What ever." The wolverine manages to say, she stands up, "You go off to do what ever you got to do, and I'll go bury my head in the dirt and hope no one saw this. If mum ever found out that I got saved by a wolverine she would laugh her tail o-" The wolverine takes one step forward before crashing back onto the forest floor. She may have hit her head harder than she though. "Ow..." r

Oz hears the crash and sighs, he slowly turns and speaks "Maybe rest a moment before you go rushing off."

The wolverine, growls, blowing a lock of fur out of her eyes. "Could you... do me one more favor?" She struggles to sit up onto her rump. "My camp is not far from here. I don't suppose..." She ends her request in a loud whine.

Oz is silent and then speaks "Get you to your camp...ok as long as it's not too far away from here." Helping a beast is the Redwall thing to do after all."Just tell me directions to go" He will remember them for when he heads back to the abbey.

The wolverines directions consist of 'Go here' and 'the other way' over and over again as the wolverine leans upon the badger for support. Through the trip she does eventually drop her name, "Topika." Eventually the two come to their eventual destination after about a half hour of walking. The camp is small, but still large for just one wolverine. There are packs of supplies scattered about a large bon fire. Another wolverine, also female with a similar fur pattern as Topika. Is busy setting up a spit over the fire. Behind her is a brown furred fox, his paws tied behind his back and apple shoved into his muzzle as a gag. The obese vulpine nervously watches the spit be made until he sees oz approach with the wounded wolverine in tow. He tries to shout for help but Bandit can only muffle out a soft whine. "Oi! What's this!" The wolverine cook snarls, grabbing a stick for a weapon.

Oz would have no clue the fox is there, least yet. He stops as he hears another voice and helps the younger wolverine sit down "Just helping someone to camp...I can go now..."He knows the way back, or least he hopes he remembers it was a lot of no no this way, or pulled another way and he tripped once.

The obese vulpine begins to panic. He makes a cry for help that is almost completely muffled by the apple in his mouth.

"I... hit my head." The wounded wolverine says, rubbing said head as she sits down on a log. "He helped me back to camp."

"Hit yer head?" The cook crosses her arms, "Did you spring yer own trap again?"
"N-no!"

"By Scully's whiskers, you did! And you had to be saved by a woodlander, ta boot! You really are the worst hunter!" The cook burst out laughing.

"Yeah, well, your a lazy bum! You should have had dinner skinned and cooking HOURS ago!" The fox behind the wolverines lets out a whine.

Oz listens to the arguing, he would of walked away but the voice, it sounds sort of familiar and he has heard it before...but where he isn't sure on. He tilts his head and he does hear the whine and blinks, he has heard that whine before too usually when a certain fox was being told to leave a kitchen in the abbey. He edges closer to the fox "Bandit?" He asks in a quiet voice.

The fox rewards the badger with another whine. He rocks about the grass where he is being held captive until the cook puts a foot on his bloated side.

"Hey! I caught the fox. It's not fair that I do all the work."

"But I always cook dinner!"

"That's because I always CATCH it!"

"Lazy, good for nothing oaf!"

"Poor hunter!"

The wounded wolverine leaps! Pouncing her sister with yelp and tacking her to the ground. They begin to bite and claw at each other while Bandit starts to worm his way towards Oz. His eyes are wide and pleading. Snakes, lizards, birds, eels... what is next to try and eat the poor fox?

Oz bends down and reaches out while the two wolverines fight each other and finds where the rope is, he sighs as he doesn't carry weapons and a staff sure is not gonna cut ropes as he thinks quietly and goes to undo a knot in the rope, this takes a little while to undo one knot anyways. Maybe Bandit should eat some of that apple, then he could talk...though talking is not always good.

Alas, those wolverines know how to tie knots that would put sailors to shame. The fox manages to spit out the apple finally. "Get me out of here!" he hisses. "Quickly! Before they roast me like a turkey!"
"WHAT IS ALL THAT RACKET!"

The familiar voice cuts through the forest, causing the two fighting wolverines to pause. The tent flap is thrown open and a third wolverine appears. She is older than the others, shorter and heavier around the middle.

She also looks completely hung over.

"It's like a thousand moles decided to set up a quarry right behind the tent." She rubs her eyes, "What in the blazes are you two bickering about now? There is plenty of fox to go around for all of-" The wolverine locks eyes with the badger. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO OUR FOX! That's our supper! You thieving woodlander! I'll feed you your own muzzle if you-" The beast comes to a stop, blinking. "Oz?" She says in a safer tone.

Oz grumbles with Bandit"Bandit...how in the seasons did you end up here? What did you ever do to...to..." Ok the voice is familiar as he leans back from the fox he clearly knows somehow. He may not be able to see her but he knows that voice, he knows he does but its been a fairly long time and...it knows his name as he  tilts his head."Tamaria?"

"You, know this badger, mum?" The failed wolverine hunter says. She shrugs her sister off from on top of her and both of them stand behind their mother. The older wolverine sighs, rubbing her eyes. "You could say that. He... helped me out of a 'low point' in my life." She snorts, "Get it? Low point? Cause it was a pit?"

Her pups don't laugh.

"Before your time." She turns back to the badger, walking towards him with a noticeable limp and supporting herself with a staff. "What in the blazes are you doing out here... and why are you stealing our dinner."

"I'm not dinner!" Shouts the fox.

"Quiet dinner!"

Oz does notice a bit of an odd  placed step as he speaks" I don't think he would make a good meal, he might be able to find you a meal maybe. I do know he hunts wood pidgion and I wouldn't eat fox...maybe fish. I was outside mediating to clear my mind of some recent stress and then helped one of  your daughters who lead me here...where ever here is" He frowns, yes he is a little turned around, which is not good but lucky he isn't...too far from the abbey.

"Heh, woodlanders." Tam rolls her eyes. Most of her teeth are missing as she smiles, "Here is home, and home is where ever we roam. You are of course welcome to stay if you like. How have the ages treated you since we last met?"

"This, is the badger that helped you out of the pit?" The cook sits down on a log, she chuckles, "Well, that makes two of our family saved by the same-" BONK! The wolverine yelps as her mother boxes her ear.

"Quit lolly gagging and bring our guest some tea. I raised you better than to let guests go with out!"

Oz relaxes some, there is some sharp sided rocks he did find and sort of tosses over at Bandit but in a way it looks like he is just getting them out of his way so he can sit down."Life has had it's ups and downs. I had plan to go back North to Send...but well that changed and I live at Redwall Abbey now." Yes let's chat over tea and for now ignore the fox!

The fox watches the rock is tossed right to him! And proceeds to just... stare at it with his paws still tied behind his back.

"I am not surprised," Tam grunts with effort as she sits down. "You seem the type to settle down in Redwall. Me and my daughters are on our way south for summer. My old bones just can't quite take the winters here anymore." The daughters prepare tea for the badger and their mum. "Thank you for helping my daughter out of what ever predicament she got herself into. You are of course, welcome to dinner. Foxes are not the tastiest beasts but I've never had one so... marbled before."

Bandit rolls his eyes, trying to grab the rock with his teeth, and failing.

"It might be awkward to eat someone you know though..." Tam sighs.

Oz frowns, he thinks of how to help Bandit but at the same time not ruin a friendship with a wolverine. He has also been away, like a lot longer than a couple hours by now.He quietly just drinks his tea.

Xander is in the woods. He has his large blade and he has some slight armor on as he scans the woodlands. First Ace and then its mentioned his Uncle didn't come back, that's...not good, not good as he worries..what if he is captive? What if he is hurt...or worse.

The old wolverine giggles, "Oh you should see your face. You would think I'm offering you a pet on a silver platter." She waves her paw in the air, "Fine, you can take him."

The cook let's out a loud wail, "But mum! I worked hard to catch that fox!"

The old wolverine looks bandit over, "I very much doubt that. And I'm not letting him go persay, just... forestalling his fate. You have heard tales of Redwall, their feasts and pies. Imagine how much more well fed your catch will be the next time we are through this way!" Tam cackles with laughter.

Oz blinks...well least they are not gonna eat Bandit right? "Thank you I shall take him...somewhere" He does listen to the wolverines as they chuckle and just sits there.Another sip of tea!He even chuckles ...a little.

Xander hears voices and makes his way towards...and he slows and stares as he was ready to charge to a rescue and...ok wolverines and his uncle drinking tea and laughing like its a fun filled day and...oh there is Bandit all tied up, ok..this is...the most strange thing he ever seen in his life.

The wolverines don't appear to have seen the second badger yet. "Just don't eat him all yourself. It will spoil your diet." The old wolverine playfully hits the badger on the arm. Her laughter fades, "It is good to see friendly faces again. There are not many left for us rogues these days. Not since my mate passed." She gestures to wolverines behind her, "These are my daughters Topika, and Tara. Girls, this is the badger I told you about. The one who saved me from the slavers."

"From the spike pit. Yeah, I got that." Topika says.

"I'm afraid you can't quite see it, Oz, but I also took home some souvenirs that day." Tam taps her leg, "My leg never worked quite right after that. Limp only got worse in my old age."

Oz nods "Greetings to you both." He does catch foot paws close and stays quiet "Someone should untie Bandit....and maybe find you and your daughters something else for lunch, though I am unsure what that might be." Distract the wolverines so Bandit can be able to leave."And I know the feeling of losing a mate....it was one reason I was a hermit before ending up living at the abbey,"

Xander slips behind Bandit and goes to cut him loose as he speaks quietly"Stay...quiet and when the ropes are loose enough...just get out of here." He is also making sure he knows where the wolverines are, as well as well Oz is as he is not sure how they seem friendly to the other badger.

Bandit surpresses a yelp. He is on his feet in an instant, dashing into the woods.

Alas, the fox's departure doesn't go un-noticed. "Oi! Some other bloke badger is stealing our fox!" Tara the cook is at her feet, reaching for her spear. Topika is beside her, armed with a frying pan.

"Another friend of yours?" Tam sips from her tea, "They seem to be coming out of the wood work today..."

Oz frowns, ok this might end badly as he clears his throat" Xander....my nephew...please no killing...anyone. Xander no killing Tam and her daughters and you girls no killing Xander...we can all sit down and relax and enjoy tea and lunch" Though what the wolverines seen as lunch just ran off...well there is tea still as he sips a little."Perhaps Xander can fix the...issue at paw?" Least he hopes so, maybe the other badger brought some abbey food. Or this afternoon will just turn badly, he just wants to keep the peace and get home.

Xander stands and has his sword ready to strike as well. He looks at Oz and frowns "But.....they...and why are you drinking tea with Wolverines?" He frowns and lowers his blade..a little "Fix what?" He takes a calming breath...ok this is just odder..."I can...be right back."Is that wise as he slowly backs off and ends up gone about half an hour before returning , walking slowly as he has like 3 wood pidgion, he glaces at his Uncle "I could..make lunch?" He will and let them eat it, as he walks slowly over to Oz and whispers "And get back to the abbey?..”
"

"Kill us? HA! Fat chance of that!" Topika points to the badger warrior, "You think we are afraid of a lone badger. I've run off WOLVES, badger boy! I'll take your pelt and make a rug out of it! I-" She takes a step forward, stopping short as her mother taps her and her sister both on the head with her staff.

"Topika! Tara! What have I. Said. About. Eating. Guests!" She slaps them both across the back of the head.

The badger's return is greeted with more friendliness than before, especially at the prospect of free wood pigeons. "A hunter AND a warrior. Just what ARE they teaching you beasts at that abbey these days?" The old wolverine chuckles. "It was good to catch up again, Oz. Are you sure you won't stay for dinner?"

Oz blinks, he then clears his throat as he stands "As much as I am...curious of what Xander just cooked...I should get home" He is indeed gonna have a chat with Xander as he nods "But it was nice to see...well hear a friend again. Stay careful in the woods and maybe visit Ferravale perhaps, or the abbey as long as you obey the rules and behave and just mention Oz Winters and no one should harm you...."He makes his way to Xander "Xander...do lead the way to the abbey please.”

Xander frowns a little "I...its wood pidgion...."He then nods "Yes Uncle...course Uncle Oz...home is good" He will make sure they get back safe as he looks at the wolverines and then nods a goodbye....if he sees them again he wont harm them.

The wolverine waves as they depart.

"Woodpidgeon is nice," says the cook, "Not as nice as fox maybe, but..."

"Oh be good and eat your bird..."

Oz lets Xander lead the way back to the abbey gates, he decides that Bandit most likely went home, or least he better of went home as Oz can't help him twice most likely.

Xander is silent most of the way home. "So...you know wolverines...how?"

Oz just waits till they are closer and lays a paw on Xander's arm to stop “Its a long story...where did you walk off to, what was that you made as it was NOT some sort of fish. You answer me and I answer you”

Xander sighs “Ok...I can make woodpidgion and have caught and...ate them before. Its something I did for that wildcat who enslaved me and I sort of like woodpidgion, not that I eat it that often and I though well maybe if I made those...wolverins lunch they would not like try and eat you or go after Bandit..and it was sort of a way to show I didnt mean them harm, yeah at first I did as...well maybe you were captive but you clearly was...a guest at their camp?”

Oz now speaks “I saved the older one a long...well many seasons ago when I first came to Mossflower, she remembered me I guess and is a friend, which is good. Yes they had teaand made some for me as well and we did chat to sort of catch up on old days. I figured distract them and maybe Bandit could get away and then I heard you. You could of gotten hurt you know and yes so could I of...but I trusted her to not let her daughters harm me, or you if I asked and it seems they didnt harm you after she told them to stop.” Yes he knows they were about to maybe slay Xander, least the wolverines listened to him and he is glad of that.

Xander nods “So...umm...I was worried Uncle Oz and thought maybe you were captured, or hurt..or worse..” He suddenly hugs the older badger tightly.

Oz allows the hug and smiles “I am fine Xander.....I did get a bit lost in the woods so you finding me was helpful”

They soon get to the abbey and have some dinner. Dinner is some nice vegetable soup, rolls, some cheese and a nice salad with some water or juice to drink....

Last edited by oz (2018-04-12 01:41:07 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-04-26 04:37:58 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Tea With An Old Friend...Turns Intresting

"Be our guest," wolverine edition xD

Oz as many friends, indeed.  Eagles.  Wolverines.  Wolves.  He's definitely one to take on an adventure, that's for sure xD

Board footer