Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-26 04:23:26 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Before the Spring 2018 feast.... (Redwall log)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey pond

LOG:
Ferro has been here a couple hours and for the most part avoiding most beasts and some seem happy enough to avoid him as well, he is a little...creepy after after all.   

Krisha wanders over to the monitor as she carries the badger cub Northstar and smiles "You're avoiding beasts, you don't have to do that you know.  You were invited to come."   

Thomas makes his way over toward the pond, using his walking stick to guide the way. It wouldn't do to trip over an unseen stone or run into another beast, after all.   

Lacota is in the kitchen, preparing the feast, and therefore not really here at the pond.   

Blisa has come to Redwall to meet with the Abbot and visit with a few beasts, and so she is dleighted about the upcoming feast! The Chieftain of Ferravale hadn't planned it that way, so she's just happy that it all worked out! The cat makes her way towards the pond, Ferdinand the ferret behind her. He's wearing the uniform of the guards of Ferravale, with the addition of a white band on his upper left arm, signifying that he is a bodyguard of the village's leader. She walks over to the monitor lizard, giving him a rare smile. "I hadn't realized you were here, Ferro. Good day."   

Ferro nods, "I...came upon a requesssssssst...I am here fer a ssssssshort while only"   

Krisha smiles and waves to the chieftain of Ferravale "Hello"

Madison, as it turns out, is already here. A breeze catches the errant reeds growing from the pond to reveal the squirrel, sat upon a weathered, simple chair, looking out over the water with a long-stemmed pipe held to her lips. A puff of smoke, and her amber eyes turn toward the gathering silently, free paw adjusting the collar of her shirt.

Thomas hears voices from the direction of the pond, and he waves. "Good afternoon, friends." Unfortunately, none of the voices sound familiar.

Blisa nods. "Well, I'm glad you're here, Ferro. Ah, good day, Krisha. Awr, is this your new daughter?" The feline actually saw the baby the other day when she visited the Blacksmith, but not when the adult badger had been around to gush over her. Ferdinand spies the squirrel and nods politely, then turns to the blind newcomer. "Hello, there! Come on over."

Thomas approaches the group, carefully making his way toward the pond. "Ah, hello. I don't believe we've met... You must be new to the Abbey."

The ferret smiles. "My name ith Ferdinand. I'm vithiting with Mith Blitha here. The ith the Chieftain of Ferravale, and I'm one of her bodyguardth." The young cat turns away from the baby badger and smiles up into the mouse's face. "And I am Blisa. It's nice to meet you. We are just visiting for a week."

Thomas feels about for something to sit upon, settling down on a log when he locates it. "Ah, well then, welcome. I am Thomas, or Thom. Whichever you prefer." He starts to greet the badgers, but they seem to be rather quiet, so he doesn't. "Have you been here before?"

Blisa, noting that the mouse is blind, tries to not rely upon her body language to communicate with him. "Oh, aye, but it's been a while. I actually lived here for a while when I was a Dibbun, and I try to visit whenever I can. I've had less time since I became Chieftain, however, so I'm happy to be here. Have you lived here long?" Ferdinand lets the cat do the talking, presumably because of his lisp.

Thomas sets his walking stick aside, within easy reach. "Several months now. Only a resident, not a member of the Order, or anything. I don't think being a member is quite my thing, to be honest. But, if I can live here, that suits me fine.... At least, that is, until I decide to start travelling again." He turns his head toward the direction of Blisa's voice. "Chieftain, though? Where of? I might know the place."

Blisa cocks an eyebrow slightly. "Ferravale. I'm sorry, I thought we had said that. I'm the Chieftain of Ferravale." Ferdinand asks concernedly, "Do you travel alone?" The ferret thinks that it's unwise for blind people to travel alone.

Thomas laughs. "Why yes, I travel alone. Think you that I am helpless, sir? I know Mossflower quite well, from a time before I lost my sight. I still remember." He smiles with amusement, now turning his attention to Blisa once more. "Ferravale, yes. I've been there a few times. Interesting place. Quite different from Redwall."

While Ferdinand mumbles some apologies, Blisa smiles. "I would say extremely different. Honestly, even though the Abbey is bigger than Ferravale, I think Benar has less stress than I do. Vermin tend to get into more....mischief than you woodlanders do."

Oz makes his way over to the pond, he looks like he could use a serious nap as he is tired. The dibbuns are with a couple others...well all but a couple mice dibbuns that followed him.

Thomas nods at Blisa. "Yes, I can imagine." He then smiles at Ferdinand. "You needn't feel too embarrassed. It was a valid concern. I would possibly ask the same, were the roles reversed..."

Ferdinand sighs. "Thankth. I tend to worry. What would you do if you were attacked?" Blisa spots the badger and waves at him. "Hia, Papa Oz!"

Oz smiles as he hears Blisa and waves making his way closer to her. One of the mice dibbuns runs over to an order beast they know and Oz gets a whisper it's fine and he nods. The other dibbun about trips the badger, he ooofs and frowns a little as he sighs.

"I have rarely been attacked, to be honest," replies the mouse, "And the few times I wound up in dicey situations, I was able to talk my way out of it."

Blisa looks at the Dibbun, lips pursed slightly. "Hey, be careful, there, honey. You almost made Papa Oz fall down. That could hurt him and make him have an owie." She seems to be better mentally and emotionally than she was the last time the badger had talked to her....many months ago. Her position of authority seems to have been good for her. Ferdinand's eyebrow arches in surprise. "You mutht be a very thmooth talker, there, Thir Thom."

Madison remains sat in her chair, and must have been so for a while, as the legs are sunk just slightly into the soft ground at the pond's edge. She leans back, accompanied by another puff of smoke from the pipe. "Never underestimate the power of a silver tongue." she imparts to Ferdinand simply.

Oz is quiet and then goes to sit by a tree close to the pond, "I am ok"He mutters slightly and then sits down slowly leaning back on the tree. He sighs a little and looks like he could maybe fall asleep.

Thomas was completely unaware that Madison was nearby, and he turns in the direction of her voice. "Yes, exactly. I am storyteller, in fact. You might say I have a way with words, and talking my way out of scrapes when absolutely necessary. You'd be surprised how many boneheaded rats can be completely placated by a sufficiently long enough story......Especially if you make THEM the hero..." The mouse adds.

Ferdinand gives the squirrel a wry look. "Well, ath you can probably tell, a thilver tongue wath not thomething I wath blethed with." Self-depreciating humour! Turning back to the mouse, he chuckles. "Well, motht vermin have egoth the thize of the Thnowy North, tho that doethn't thurprithe me at all...." Blisa frowns and walks over to the Badger Father. "Hey, are you sure you're okay, Papa Oz?" She asks him quietly. She still sees him as an authority figure over her, even though she is an adult (just barely, but still), so she still feels the respect for him that requires his title.

Madison stretches some, with an audible crickle of joints. "Ah, I'm not so sure." she says in reply, "I knew a soldier; insisted on speaking with a lisp when in the field. Helped with stealth, apparently." A draw on the pipe, "'The S is the loudest letter there is', he said."

Oz hmms as the one dibbun taps him on the arm and he hmms softly, yeah he was about to fall asleep...  "What?" The dibbun speaks "TJ got me all muddy, he mean" The badger sighs  "Then...both of you go...clean off...just go."  A couple grumbles they head off. The badger answers Blisa "I am....fine just tired."  Very tired he needs a day off!

Thomas nods in agreement. "Yes, exactly. They have massive egos. One must learn to play off it. That, and they're also generally of low intelligence." 

Ferdinand is slightly offended. "I am a ferret." Whatever else he had to say is interrupted by the appearance of a female rat, who is wearing a uniform that looks exactly like the ferrets. "Oi, Ferdinand, Valerie and that ol' mouse, Angela, want to talk to Cap'n Blisa." The ferret sighs. The young cat, having definitely heard that, cringes, goes to give the badger a quick hug, and walks quickly away. "I ain't gonna go talk to that old mouse! She has a big stick!" The bodyguards hurry after her, speaking in urgent tones to her. What? Even the Chieftain of Ferravale is allowed to be hesitant to visit the aggressive Healer in her accursed Infirmary, okay?

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-04-29 07:17:18 PM)

Board footer