Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-08 05:04:32 PM

oz

Library Chat-Redwall Log

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Xnder-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Log:

RW Abbey: Library
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The library has never looked better in seasons as shelves have been
repaired and so have tables and chairs. The once empty sleeves now
have more books in them and not only that the books are in an ABC
order and arranged by subject  to better find what one is looking for.
The beautifully crafted windows are well cleaned.

This gives the library plenty of light during the daylight hours. The
room has a high vaulted ceiling. The flagstones of the floor are cool
and smooth, and echoes are sometimes heard when beasts walk. Brass
lamps containing short, fat little white candles provide enough light
for reading. Some books are still being mended but being working on
getting on the shelves. The backroom is even very clean and organized
as well. Books were found in the attic and some from Ferravale were
added that the Ferravale beast had maybe two copies of something so
gave Redwall one of the copies for the Redwall library, all in all a
lot of hard work has done wonders for the library.

On an Oakwood desk is the charter laying inside a clear glass case for
all to see. The glass case keeps it safe and clean. Some other chairs
large and small, wooden and soft, have been placed in varies places
in the library and a pile of covers and blankets sit in one corner
with a few pillows as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Gorvenalus came out of the book binding room with a couple recently fixed books and went to place them on a shelf.

Xander was in the library sitting in a chair. He looked like he had been resting, which was good, he also was quietly reading some old logs and so didn't notice the beaver right away.

Gorvenalus did notice Xander and walked over "Hello Xander, did you need help finding something my friend?"

Xander jumped slightly and then shook his head "No I ..I was just reading some older logs...that my mother wrote, some of the last ones she wrote, she...even updated some logs for the 2 weeks she was back at the abbey after meeting her mate Takeo....he went off...somewhere after she....after..."He frowns.

Gorvenalus adjusted his glasses after placing the repaired books where they needed to go and sat down by Xander "I have yet to update the logs from where I was away at Willowbark, I will do that soon, and have wrote a little while I was repairing books. I know your mother Sister Zinnia was Recorder before me."

Xander nods "Yeah....I...I miss her. I remember when she was brought back to the abbey when she was...killed. Quade's right paw beast Bolt killed her with an arrow I found out some weeks later. I..guess I got to thinking of her...cause I was thinking of Brother Leon and...knowing how Lilymoore felt, though she wasn't here when her father died, I was not there when my mother died but..i was here when she was brought inside the abbey later in the day that Bolt Killed her."He frowns as a couple tears fall " I felt..hopeless and..wanted to stab something but finding out..weeks later that a parent died has to be...horrible"

Gorvenalus frowns "Yes Death of a parent is hard, almost as hard as death of a child also."He sighs "We all have our own reactions to death...me...I call a meeting, had over Abbot rank to Trifacus and walk off to be alone.. I am sure a lot wandered if I had totally lost it or I was maybe....all there mentally. But I trust him to do a good job, though yes not the best way to hand over a new rank...don't even know if I mentioned grandmothers death or not most of those next 2 days are still a blurr"

Xander nods "You did ....you told them Sister Elma died before you left the room. They didn't think badly of you, they were worried and I told them I would check on you and I did"

Gorvenalus says, "I was glad you did, sometimes one doesn't always know company is best in times like that"

Xander smiles a little"Yes friends help...and family also" He then is quiet and speaks "Will you be ok, I mean...Minsc is your family and so is Chip and they are in Willowbark now"

Gorvenalus nods "I will be...friends are family as well Xander, always remember that and remember it well"

Xander says, "I know. Some your gonna write up some logs from past season?"

Gorvenalus nods "A little yes, not too much was missed....we did miss a feast...and Brother Leon's passing, other than that nothing too major. I will also write and have some on the willlowbark trip and what we discovered and how I know this place..Redwall...is my home now and always will be for the rest of my life"

Xander says, "That's good and I know you take good care of the library."

Gorvenalus smiles "I even had a helper to help me dust the shelves and a couple tables and chairs"

Xander nods as he looks around "Nice and neat and clean, mom would smile if she was here. She would be in here a lot..sometimes too much. She even locked herself in the book binding room and Abbot Benar had the spare key and unlocked it to talk to her, it was after Grandfather Zork died...her reaction to it. She wrote a lot about him and I read some of it and asked Uncle Oz other stuff to learn more of my Grandfather, and...well Uncle Zee told me some as well. Uncle Oz is the only..well in blood line of the Winters Clan now...I was adopted into it, as was my mother but...well I still see myself as a member of the clan and now Krisha is too and our daughter Northstar...."It then dawns on him where he has heard that name before.

Gorvenalus listens and watches him before asking "What is the matter Xander?"

Xander clears his throat "Northstar was the name of Uncle Oz's mate before he came to Redwall....he must of helped her pick the name."

Gorvenalus says, "Most likely. I heard briefly about the badger cub...it is good she has a family to care for her now, its sad she lost her parents but she has you and Krisha now...your be a good father if your worried."

Xander says, "I..am a little worried . I do know I will protect her with my life if needed and I can always ask others for advice. Right now her and Krisha is with Ferro and I know he will keep them safe"

Gorvenalus smiles "I never did have a mate....maybe I could have as I was in love but when I asked her to marry me, she slapped me....her name was Sunny"He chuckled "Not sure why she seemed to dislike me and so I never tried again but that was ok....I adopted as well, Minsc...is father had died, her mother very ill when he and she came, she died a couple days later and Minsc survived and became the Knight and Protector of Willowbark, a title he once more holds now"

Xander smiles "Not everyone needs a mate...Uncle Oz never got another one and I know Grandfather Zork never married."

Gorvenalus shrugs as he goes to sit down and look over a logger book he had on the table and looks over a couple things he wrote and quietly writes a little more.

Xander watches quietly and smiles, he would sometimes watch his mother write when he was younger, he still had a hard time staying sat down too long as he spoke quietly "Did you hear Ace was missing...also seems the abbey needs Hot root..wander if I should try and get some or wait as I am sure other things are needed as well"

Gorvenalus doesn't seem to mind much as he writes, the company is nice to have after all. He finishes after a little while and stands as he stretches and smiles "Should we get tea Xander?"

Xander had fallen asleep but when the beaver speaks he wakes up, he nods and stands slowly "Sorry...little nap"

Gorvenalus says, "A nap is fine, you maybe needed a little more rest after all that's gone on....and tea is helpful also "

Xander says, "Yeah....but least its not...too much. Krisha is safe, the abbey still stands....yes a friend..Ace..is missing and yes Brother Leon is dead but things could of been a lot worse"

Gorvenalus nods "That is true...now come...tea waits my friend"

Xander nods as he smiles "Tea sounds nice"

So off they go for Tea...and maybe cookies.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-04-12 03:37:38 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer