Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-04 08:17:25 PM

oz

Not So Good Welcoming Home-Redwall Log

In Log:

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Karth-Archer for Mossflower Defenders

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall Abbey

Angela-A Healer in Redwall Abbey

Lilymoore- Bell Ringer of Redwall Abbey

Some various spoofed beasts...

Log:

It had been a long trip and they were tried, it was cloudy and a little cold but it was still good to see the abbey gates...finally. They had decided to leave the hare, Rupert,  at Ferravale, besides he could best explain the bell gift and each beast was wanting to get home.

Gorvenalus smiled "Well all....shall we go inside and check to see how things are?" 

Karth nodded "Yes inside and maybe in time for lunch....." Like hot root, he had been wanting it the whole...what season they were gone or almost a season anyways.

Xander managed a smile as he watched the others, he stopped at the gates and sighs a little "I..I hope Krisha is here and safe" Where else would she be after all. He then goes to alert who ever is at the gates they are home.

Up on the wall stands DoraRose, leaning on her ax. In the group below is LilyMoore, carrying her bag full of gifts for her family. "Absolutely! I missed Redwall so much! Mom! Momma, are you there?" What with her daughter's shouting and whatever the badger is doing, the Gatekeeper can't help but notice that the group is back. "Lily! Wait, I'll be down there in a sec!" As she's running down the steps, she sends someone off to get Anglea. Then the Warrior is removing the bar from the gates.

Gorvenalus waves "Hello Dorarose...we have returned...a couple beasts short but I can explain soon"He smiles so it can't be bad news on why like Minsc, Flea and Varsha are not with them.

Karth looks around "Yes indeed we have returned." He says simply, yep Flea is not beside him or the little shrew would be all bouncy and over happy most likely or saying how the otter been complaining of hot root. "I need to get something..excuse me" Will he get past anyone or be made to stay there a morment.

Xander waits till the gates are open and smiles "Hey....I keep my promise to you and Brother Leon...I keep Lilymoore safe and sound...see" He then goes to look past her, he starts to ask where Krisha is or if the badger maid was there and decides to wait for now."Rupert is at Ferravale in case needed to know...Minsc,Flea and Varsha are...well...first they are safe and well, Gorvenalus can better explain"

LilyMoore is bouncing on the balls of her feet as the gates swing open, then she and her mother have dropped the things they were carrying and are hugging each other! The Warrior swings her daughter around in a circle, laughing. The guards make sure the little group stays put, but they won't say why. Angela can be seen hobbling towards them from the gates from the main Abbey building. Leon is nowhere to be seen. DoraRose sets her daughter down and says, "I'm so happy to see you! But, yes, where are all the others?"

Gorvenalus smiles "There is some...good unexpected news. Willowbark was not so..abandoned as we thought, 15 survived and were ..have...slowly repaired the abbey. Minsc is once more Knight...or what would be Champion here of Willowbark. Flea and Varsha seemed to also join the abbey ranks there as well but letters do plan to be sent back and forth and I have written some history of Willowbark and some notes on our trip I can share later, I even left them a little history of the abbey I wrote down in a couple log scrolls they kept to look over, basic history mainly."

Karth nods as he stays put, he watches Xander and just stays quiet. He sighs a little and then speaks "They lacked hot root..." He mutters.

Xander would chuckle but he just wants to know "Krisha ...she made it back safe right? She is ok?" He sounds worried, well he will be surprised when he learns the badger maid has a...little surprise for him.

LilyMoore looks up happily into her mother's face as DoraRose nods. "Aye, she got home safely. And she has a....surprise for you that I think you will love." She decides that it'd be best to let Krisha spring the news on him. "She's in Ferravale right now with her father." "Speaking of fathers, where's Dad? Is he busy in the Infirmary?" The Warrior's smile falters slightly, and she stiffens. Angela, who has just come within hearing distance, frowns deeply.

Gorvenalus has no clue, no one does least from the trip."I would hope the infirm isn't busy."

Karth says, "It seems the abbey is in order."

Xander frowns a little "She is in...Ferravale...why?" He decides to not worry on it and nods "Ok  I can...go there then...so we miss much being away and yes Karth the abbey is still here, was not expecting it to not be and besides anything major we would of gotten a letter or something about one way or another"

Angela lays a paw on Dora's shoulder. "You taker 'er down by the pond. I'll tell these 3." The Warrior nods and leads her daughter in that direction, not answering Lily's questions of what's wrong. Once they're out of earshot. The old Healer sighs, leaning heavily on her staff. The guards looks sorrowful as she says, "'Rose forbid anybeast from tellin' ya or from sendin' y'all any news about what had happened. She wanted Lily to find out from 'er an' 'er alone, in person." She sighs again. "And now I 'ave the fun job o' tellin' you 3." And she's obviously reluctant to do so.

Gorvenalus looks concerned "Telling us what? What has...happen?" He looks worried, the abbey seems fine, Ferravale seemed ok the short time they passed by..so what happen to cause sudden quietness.

Karth blinks, ok hot root can wait "Does a vermin need tracking down? I can go find them if needed"

Xander looks at Karth "Karth...wait..."He looks at Angela "What happen? Is somebeast missing?" He did notice Leon not being there but that could be an easy he is in the infirm, maybe he IS missing and that is news or something else could be news. He knows Krisha is safe..."What happen while we were gone, is it something the Defenders can help with and why would we of not been told sooner?"

Angela sighs heavily yet again. "Leon.....was kidnapped....and murdered by a raven, who he killed before his death. DoraRose found him in the woodlands and held him while he died. She made everybeast swear to let her and me be the ones to tell you so Lily wouldn't hear of it from anybeast else." "WHAT?" Lily's scream can be heard from down by the pond, and she can be seen shoving Dora away from her. As she claps her paws over her lips and takes a step back, the Warrior tries to hold her, but the Bellringer bolts away, headed towards the gate. "Lily, wait!" Her mother calls as she chases after her.

Gorvenalus frowns, "This is...terrible news and...I can see the decision to not send word, I..I know of how it is to lose one close...my Grandmother was one of the few who was still alive at Willowbark, she died like a week before we came back." He looks over to where the scream is heard and frowns, but he is here for comfort if needed.

Karth was truly ready to go place arrows in a vermin if needed, he then frowns "Brother Leon is...is dead?" He listens "A raven, where did it come from and why did it...take him in the first place?"

Xander frowns, this is not good news..not at all..."Raven?" He asks quietly and then seeming surprised "Leon killed it...how?" Ok that is a big surprise as he knows the mouse is not some fighter so a lucky shot maybe."How long ago was this?"

LilyMoore shoves past the group and runs out on the road, where she turns North and continues to run. "LILY, NO, PLEASE!" DoraRose chases after her, only pausing to grab her ax Angela had just been saying, "It happened shortly after y'all left," When her great-granddaughter accidentally knocked her over. The old mouse falls to the ground, her staff bouncing away from her. If anyone tries to stop or grab the young mouse, they fail -- she just slips out of their grasp with the ease of an eel. "LILY!"

Gorvenalus goes to check on Angela and frowns as he had checked on the healer and not been able to stop the younger mouse "Oh dear me...someone should go after them, it will be late soon...." And worse as some slight thunder is heard....well it is Spring after all, its always welcome with a thunderstorm or two but this one is ill timed as the beaver frowns, its not raining....yet, but it will soon

Karth went to step in front of Lilymoore and frowns, this maid is skilled with her movements as the otter snorts. He looks to the others as the sky darkens "There is a storm coming soon"

Xander gasps "Anglea are you ok...Lilymoore wait...come on...wait!" And he fails to block her path as she found that one opening and he frowns, should he go after her, should he let Dorarose handle this...what should he do?

"I'm fine, son.....I knew there was a storm comin', I could feel it in my joints," Angela mutters. Dora follows Lily down the path, and they disappear around the corner to the North of the Abbey as they leave the path and head into Mossflower Woods. Xander gets no advice from the old Healer, who is struggling to get up. None of her bones are broken, and none of her joints are sprained, but she's gonna have a beauty of a bruise on her hip in a day or so.

Gorvenalus offers to help her up, only if she wants the help and to offer her the staff."I am sure her and Dorarose will be back soon"

Karth nods "This is...good" Ok seems this is taken care of and he heads to the kitchen.

Xander frowns "Are you sure they will be back, being in a storm is...not good" He hates storms, like a lot but he keeps that to himself fairly well, even when the loud thunderclap is heard and some lightning flashes he just takes a deep breath and waits...he calms himself...the day can't get worse right?

Angela lets the beaver help her up. "I 'ave no idea. Xander, please go see if y'can find them -- I don't want them out in this weather." She scowls at the sea otter as he walks away. Grabbing her staff, she grumbles incoherently at him. LilyMoore room-pages, "my brain just went derp 'cause my parents got here. i need to ask them when they're wanting to leave".

Gorvenalus sighs, some rain starts and it's light rain for now anyways"Yes It would be a good idea to have then come back inside, maybe chat over tea perhaps. Lilymoore will need not just her family but friends also"

Karth returns just in time for some grumbling and frowns as he takes a couple paces back, "There is an issue...."He is not one to not say news, he lets them know "The abbey is out of hot root this is a crisis" Well not really but to him who has waited so...very long for hot root stew it is."We need to locate some"

Xander nods "Yes of course..."He frowns at Karth "We can do that later...ok I am sorry" He sounds a little...well he dislikes storms ok as he looks to them and then walks to the direction the two mice went as he looks the rain gets harder "Dorarose..Lilymoore..."He gasps as a thunderclap happens and frowns as a small whimper escapes him, he is just glad no one else is with him as he coughs and nods "Ok just look and then you can go back to the abbey and go inside by the fireplace...drink some tea with uncle Oz....yeah tea"

Angela turns on the otter, waving her staff at him. "What about locatin' my granddaughters, y'overgrown whelp?!" As he heads deeper into the woods, the badger will find DoraRose, who is wildly hacking at the underbrush at her ax "LILY! LILY, WHERE ARE YOU?! ICAN'T LOSE YOU, TOO! COME BACK TO ME!!"

Gorvenalus frowns at Karth and as the rain falls he speaks "We can discuss this inside, it looks like Xander will hopefully get them back to the abbey "

Karth goes to swat the staff away "Not in the face " Ok that could well be a mistake, he shakes his head"And it's not my fault she chooses to go off in a rain storm."..Ok he should stop now or...and he doesn't."SO calm yourself before you injure yourself..."

Xander is lucky in the woods, or not so lucky as he hears Dorarose and quickly finds her "Dorarose...where...is she?" He frowns, the rain but it's important to find Lilymoore" I want to help find her or we can get help if needed" How far are they from the abbey is the question, it seems far as a loud thunderclap and lightning a little too close and the badger whimpers...great he cant so fear...he cant he is a leader and a badger and.....and his enemy is this stupid storm!

Angela's staff gets swatted to the side, but she rallies back with surprising speed and strength to try and whack the upstart of an otter on his side! "Don't y'sass me ya young whippersnapper! I've been 'ealin' an' doin' things my way since yer momma was in diapers! Don't you go off tellin' me what to do, or I'll tan yer 'ide!" DoraRose is wild with panic. "I don't know! I don't know and I can't find her! I have to find her! I can't lose her too!" She is panicking so much that she doesn't even notice the badger's terror. Meanwhile, the old Healer goes to grab the otter's ear and twist it. "Don't ever sass me like that agin! Y'understand me, young 'un?"

Gorvenalus backs away, he knows the mouse maid wrath and knows she may want plenty of room. He goes to motion them to go inside and get towels to dry off with as he frowns hoping the others in the storm are ok.

Karth is surprised one so...old can move so quick "Hey ya old..." He is wise and shuts up further talking and the ear is grabbed, well the otter has his own help inside maybe as something tells him to not argue further as he grits his teeth "Let...go of my ear...."

Xander is meanwhile far from the abbey as he frowns and takes a couple deep breaths "We...should..."Ok focus as he looks around...listens and sniffs the air and frowns, he then sees some smoke...like from a house maybe "We may be close to Ferravale, we need some help and this storm is...bad" He manages to control most of his fear, till a small tree falls...lucky it misses them as he gulps."Ferravale?"

LilyMoore is lost in the vastness of the woodlands. DoraRose collapses to the ground, choking back sobs. As the badger's words break through her distress, she stumbles to her feet and goes to head towards the village, going to grab him by the arm as she does so. "Yes....yes, Marek will help. And Nightbreath.....and Blisa....maybe Bandit...." And she leads the way to the Chieftain's house, who immediately gives them a place to stay in her own house (with her snake locked in the basement, of course, much to his displeasure) and send one of her birds to carry the message of where they are and that Lily is indeed truly missing back to Redwall. Angela goes to spank the otter with her staff, then drags him off to the Infirmary, where she will require him to stay for the next week!

Gorvenalus decides to stay clear of Angela, and he doesn't help Karth as the otter doomed himself. He does help get towels and some tea for those inside.

Xander stays close to Dorarose and is clearly thankful for any help offered and will tend to...find Lilymoore, but also he plans to check on Krisha maybe after Dorarose is asleep he can do that while Blisa watches her a couple hours ,

So Gorvenalus and Karth are at the abbey and Xander is in Ferravale, he does check on Krisha and then will, as he told Blisa, come back to the chieftain's home to check make sure Dorarose is ok, then the plan is to speak to Marek, unless of course Dorarose gets to him first. So will they find Lilymoore or is she lost forever?More logs to come!!

Last edited by oz (2018-04-04 08:19:17 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer