Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-07 07:47:39 PM

Leon

Are You Ok?-Redwall Log

Starts in the entry and then ends in the infirmary. Leon and Takeo find out Zinnia hasn't been feeling all that great since the birth of her twins........

Log:

Leon-Master Healer
Takeo-Badger,healer and mate to Zinnia
Zinnia-Mate to Takeo and Sister in Redwall, back from a long absent
Xander- warrior in taining and  zinnia's and Takeo's  adopted son

Leon walked into the entry with a yawn, he managed to get some extra sleep, but a nap later may not be too bad an idea as he glances around the entry.

Zinnia is heading to the gates, over her shoulder is a small knapsack, upon seeing Leon she smiles and walks on over to him, ”Hello Brother Leon, you look like you need a nap”

Leon smiles “I am fine, been a fairly good day so far”

Zinnia nods “It’s been a..long day for me. Still getting use to newborns and they are up a lot, there is feeding and changing and a lot of rocking. Northstar sleeps well, but Zork tends to be fussy a lot.”

Leon listens “I could check on him if you would like and you don’t have to be the only one to care for the twins as there is Oz also”

Zinnia smiles a little “Well I am the only one who can feed them…I mean guess other things are fine to be…helped with” She frowns, she hasn’t had much energy sense the twins were born and hasn’t rested as much as she should either for the past couple weeks since. ”I am sure they are both fine, even if born a few weeks early”

Leon frowned as he walks closer “Have you been feeling ok Sister Zinnia? I haven’t had a chance to check on you much as figured Takeo was mainly, as he did tend to you those 2-3 days after the twins were born and you had the fever.”

Zinnia nods “He did, your right and I recovered” Maybe not fully but she has kept that quiet as to not worry any beast.

Leon studies her closely, “I could ask Takeo, you just don’t seem like yourself is all”

Xander walks into the entry and then over to Zinnia and Leon, nodding a hello “Hey” He says softly.

Zinnia sighs “I am fine….hello Xander honey, you feeling ok today?”

Leon frowns “Can I do a quick exam then Zinnia, please just to make sure you are ok. Wouldn’t have to be in the infirm, could be elsewhere”

Xander looks between them “You ok Mom?” He does sound worried.

Zinnia  snorts as she goes to walk away “I am…am…” And a wave of dizziness hits her and a headache she has had on and off and some pains, a soft groan and she holds her forehead and falls sideways into the snow unconcious.

“Zinnia!” The Master Healer rushes forwards towards his friend and right away is checking pulse, is she breathing? And seeing if she is fully unconcious or maybe semi-conscious .

Xander’s eyes widen “Mom!!!” He gets a worried look and looks unsure if he should go find someone or what as he fights back panic, it’s not been a very great past few weeks and things had started to clear some and now it threatens to get worse.

Takeo hearing the shouts comes jogging from over by the pond and is at Zinnia’s side in an instant  as he exams her and frowns “What happen? Did she fall…faint….just now? How long go?”

Zinnia groans and seems semi-conscious, shivering some as if cold and has a fever again, then again did it ever totally go away. But she shows no signs of illness and it seems to only affect her. Then again she didn’t totally recover from giving birth to twins, nor did pains go away, Her eyes flutter some..”T…Takeo…?”

Leon answers “She sounded tried and had mentioned doing a lot with the twins and how one seemed fussy a lot, I asked if she wanted to have me make sure she was ok seeing as most get an exam after giving birth and she got upset and started to walk away and that’s when she fainted.”

Xander slowly sits down in the snow, too worried to ask anything, too worried to go too close to his mother, he just stays quiet and watches.

Takeo speaks “Zinnia…love? Are you ok? Does anything hurt…please tell me?” He knows she has over done things and has a feeling when told to rest she hasn’t, he glances at Xander briefly “Will you find Oz, tell him he needs to watch the twins for a day or two”

Zinnia frowns”Tired….is all, some soreness in chest and….stomach some, headache and been dizzy off/ on” She answers and then whimpers, she looks at Takeo, she has not been feeling well since the birth of the twins and its clear now, that and over doing caring for them, she hasn’t let any other beast care for the twins, she has been over protective of them and in the process not ate much since the birth either, and what she has ate of course in feeding the twins, drained her energy.

Leon frowns “This isn’t good…has she been ill or anything when she was still with dibbun?”

Xander stands and goes off to find Oz, one more glaze to his mother and then he is off.

Takeo sighs “Sometimes…couple times, breathing was difficult but that has seemed better since the birth, and she did have times where her energy seemed low, but she would say she was ok….probably to not worry me…”He closes his eyes “I should of paid her more attention now..the past couple weeks and not gone off to explore the woods or visit Ferravale, when she went with me to check on the ship I had to help carry her back after half way being getting here”

Leon shakes his head “Don’t blame yourself…now let’s get her inside as its cold out here and she doesn’t need a cold right now.”

Takeo nods and gently picks up Zinnia and carries her to the infirm .

==Time passes==

Xander sat in his room, stareing at the doorway. He ate a little of his dinner which was soup and some rolls, and juice to drink.

Leon knocks and pokes his head into the room “Hey Xander….”

Xander looks up “Mom is ok…right, and please don’t lie”

Takeo comes to the door “She is resting and will be on serious bed rest for a week. The twins are to be watched by Oz and Sister Ginny….course you can help as well if you wish.”He frowns

Leon nods “And Me, Takeo and even Angela will make sure your mother gets well”

Xander frowns”She isn’t going to……”

Takeo goes forwards and goes to hug Xander or least kneel in front of him ”She won’t die..I won’t allow her to. But it’s clear she will never have another dibbun, being with dibbun again could very well kill her….with her breathing issues she has sometimes, being with dibbun was not good for her and twins made it worse, one reason they were born early…I am just glad they seem in good health, small but in good health and growing well. She also was not able to give them much milk, but a special green-sap milk will work just as well, and maybe you could give your little brother or sister a bottle one time.” He smiles and goes back to explaining “And as said, your mother will recover, just the first day or two could be touch and go, but her breathing and pulse rate is better than it was and her fever is not as bad as I thought it was. Plus she is under the best care here”

Leon nods “Yes that is true, she will get better, she just needs a lot of rest”

Xander tenses at the hug and then hugs the other badger tightly, one of the few beasts he can hug tightly and not worry about hurting them.

Takeo rubs his back “Maybe you should get some sleep son, you can visit your mother in the morning”

Leon slips out and goes to spend some time with his family, he is letting Takeo take first shift with watching and being at Zinnia’s side, then he can be there and then Angela.

Xander nods and ends up falling asleep still half hugging the other badger.

Takeo lifts Xander up and places him in bed and then goes to the infirm to be at Zinnia’s side.

Last edited by Leon (2017-02-07 07:50:33 PM)

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer