Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-13 04:17:33 PM

The_Brony_Marek

You Killed The Cookies

A Log with Zolomon and joining him is Xander and Abbot Benar

RW:Kitchen
----------------------------------------------
This is a long, narrow room with five large fireplaces set into one wall, and two equally large wood burning iron stoves set against the opposite wall. Several small, rectangular tables rest in here, but there are no chairs available. The rest of the wallspace is taken up by an entire array of shelves, cupboards, and counters which hold the day-to-day cooking supplies and utensils. The kitchen is clean and well maintained, and more recent efforts have been made toward organization of the cooking ware.
On the wall just right of the door leading into Great Hall is a neatly penned chart, which lists the names of beasts assigned to cooking duty as well as the dates and times they are scheduled. A small note above the chart urges residents to volunteer for at least a slot or two a week.
The curtains around the windows have been drawn against the night. The room is dark and the ovens are cold.
-------------------------------------------

Xander might be into his teen seasons, not a dibbun but also not yet an adult, but it doesn’t mean he won’t get into mischief at times once in a while. The afternoon finds him on a stool reaching whats left of some cookies in a clay pot, he manages to slide it over so he can get a better grip on it when he about loses his balance and luckily manages to not fall, the pot sadly isn’t so lucky and it, and the 5 cookies within, crash to the floor, the pot is in pieces and the 5 cookies, oatmeal looks like, are ruined. He frowns and looks around quickly for a broom.

Zolomon eyes widen as he had just stepped into the kitchen "The..the horror, the innocent cookies cut down in their delicious prime." He walks over slowly, “You killed the cookies, all they ever wanted was to be eaten"   

Xander frowns at the hare "Be quiet...you’re  gonna draw attention of someone...."He finds a broom and a dustpan and goes to start to sweep the cookies and clay pieces into a pile, he looks at the hare. "I am.....sure more can be made..maybe soon?" He is unsure, he just wants to get the mess cleaned up.   

Zolomon just stands there "But...you killed the innocent cookies. How could ya Xandy....." He frowns “Make more? That’s ya solution?"   

Xander groans, and sweeps up more of the mess, “You hares are strange...You can’t kill cookies...wouldn’t ya kill cookies by eating them?"   

Zolomon blinks "Tis not the same..see that’s their job, their purpose.....they are made and baked and then ATE..with ale or greensap milk, maybe tea." He watches the badger clean up the mess. "This day is a sad one now" His ears even droop some.

Xander finishes cleaning up the mess and places the cookies and broken clay into the trash area and sits down on the bench, "Now what? I..I think that was the Friar's favorite cookie pot and it broke in like...lots of pieces"   

Zolomon shrugs, "I don’t know....your be peeling veggies for days...weeks....seasons...years...yeah nice knowing ya Xandy"   

Xander frowns more and looks at the floor, he still is holding the broom in his paws.   

Zolomon thinks quickly "The friar doesn’t have to find out ya know"   

Xander glares at the hare, he stands and puts the broom by the wall and folds his arms over his chest." Yes he does.....it’s wrong to pretend it didn’t happen"   

Zolomon frowns, well he wasn’t in here, he just heard the crash and saw the broken pot and what was left of the cookies, "Umm.....well....good luck with that."   

Xander shakes his head, the mess may be cleaned up but it doesn’t mean it didn't happen" I just need to figure out...how to mention it is all"   

Zolomon shrugs "Well...I wasn’t here and no beast else seems to be...yet, so what de Friar doesn’t know hurts no beast...am I right? You cleaned up the broken pot and the....innocent dead cookies that will never be eaten...and all is good...let’s get outta this room"

Xander glares at the hare again "Stop saying how I killed the cookies......good grief hares and food its....I have no clue"   

Zolomon frowns "But ya did when you made the pot fall....but hey cheer up and lets go before grumpy Friar comes"   

Xander frowns "No Zolomon......I am telling him ok as its the correct thing to do"       

Zolomon shrugs "Wot ever, as said before was nice knowing ya Xandy"   

Benar opens the door from outside, the abbot carrying a large box of freshly made crockery in his paws. He frowns at the hare and badger, "What... is with all the raised voices in here?" He looks from badger to hare and back, "And what are you both doing in here?"   

Xander sighs "And what are you going to do?" He frowns as he looks over at the Abbot "Ummm...A..." He frowns and looks at the floor   

Zolomon looks at the abbot, "Well ya see......someone broke a pot of cookies and...that’s it, nothing to tell we were just leaving"   

Benar sets down his box and looks from one to another, "I see, well life,  you broke a pot of cookies you can both report to the kiln to see about making a replacement for Friar Lacota. I am sure after giving you permission to take food out of the kitchen you'll be mortified you broke his pot and want to replace it straight away."   

Xander frowns "I..didn’t really ask, I was trying to reach them and..it broke, but I cleaned it up and Zolomon wasn’t in here, it was just me...he came in afterwards" He frowns "But I..I don’t know how to make clay pots, I'm...I’m sorry Abbot" He is just glad the abbot is the only one to know, well so far. "I..I can tell Lacota wot happen...just..didn’t want to anger him"   

Zolomon blinks as he listens to his friend "Yeah I wasn’t in the kitchen...just saw de after math"   

Xander says, "I can..also help make a new batch of Oatmeal cookies""   

Zolomon says, "Yeah ya killed the other cookies...poor innocent cookies they were"

Benar chuckles and pats Xander's arm, "That is ok, I will teach you, besides being the abbot I also happen to be the abbey potter and everyone needs to spend some time helping out with the chores. Trust me it'll go much easier for you Xander if you can hand Lacota a new pot when apologizing for breaking one," He then eyes the hare, "And you Zolomon, just what are you doing in the kitchen?"

Xander smiles "You can...help me, that be great...I mean....yeah that would be nice and maybe he be a little more forgiving then and not like make me peel veggies for like..a long long time"   

Zolomon backs up as he answers "I was...simply...checking on things...yeah that’s it....yep all seems good you can go back to ya normal daily activities"   

Benar asks, " Zolomon  will be joining us in the kiln, now that dear Xander has intercepted you  on one of your  attempts to forage in the kitchen," He gives the hare a stern look, "So shall we head out to the kiln and get to work? I will have you all making crockery in no time at all."   

Xander nods as he speaks to the abbot, "Yes sir"   

Zolomon frowns "Wot...but abbot...really I am a busy hare, things ta do and see and do...and places to jolly well go"   

Benar smiles and walks over and loops his arm with Zolomon's "Not too busy to repay all our kind hospitality by helping out with some of the chores? Of course I could go and check the register, see how many work hours you have against your name but that'd mean going upstairs and bothering people. Or I could just assume you are a good, kind hearted hare who loves helping out so will come to the kiln?" He offers a friendly smile and starts for the door, trying to lead the hare that way, "I always need help in the kiln."

Xander chuckles a little as Zolomon  is led away with him and the abbot "Ya could learn a new skill. might be fun"   

Zolomon frowns "Work is...fun?"   

Benar asks, "Come along Xander”

Xander goes to follow the abbot       

Zolomon frowns but he follows Xander and the Abbot. “Fine but I won’t jolly well like it"   

The three beasts head to the Kiln to make a new pot to hold cookies, if anything its warm there on such a nice winter day outside and then it’s back to the kitchens to make replacement Oatmeal cookies, so no way can either the badger or the hare say they were bored the rest of the day!

Last edited by The_Brony_Marek (2017-02-13 05:19:50 PM)

Board footer