Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-02 03:35:24 PM

Willow

Home... (Camp Willow log from 11/11/18)

Set in:
Camp Willow: South Main Grounds

Involved:
Taran, a male otter
Gaheris, Skipper of Camp Willow

Taran has wandered into the camp, his hood is still up as he looks around the camp. It took him a while to find it, but he did as he tilts his head slightly and walks further into the camp, looking around calmly.

The camp is relatively quiet with not enough otters to fill it but there's life. A guard on the entrance, a few otters moving supplies to the winter stores but most of the noise is coming from the carpenter's workshop where the Skipper is hard at work with a huge log he's cutting in to a thick beam with a big saw. He's ever on the alert though and spots the wandering otter quickly "Evenin' mate" he greets once Taran gets close enough.

Taran nods a hello to the fellow otter "Just....lookin' around, curious...I think some of the otters  here were at Redwall during the fighting.Couple had shields even."

Gaheris tilts his head briefly before he smiles, puts down the saw and starts brushing a considerable amount of saw dust off of himself "Aye, me and a few of the others went t'elp out. They 'elp us, we try t'elp 'em. If y'lookin' f'shields though" he hops down from the workbench and digs few finished wooden shields out of the corner, some plain, some carved, some painted up with the camp's willow tree "We got a growin' collection"

Taran looks at the shields, no reaction till he sees the one woth the tree and he seems to zone out briefly before he shakes his head "I...yeah those, they had those. But they were elsewhere before too but not too recently I don't think"

Gaheris looks slightly confused and looks down to double check which shield Taran's looking at. It's definitely the one with the tree "Well tha' one's ours. Look" he points across the grounds to the giant willow tree that the camp was named after centuries ago "Camp Willow, the willow tree's our thin'...suppose it's possible someone nicked a shield" he chuckles "but if y'seen it somewhere else it was probably us"

Taran looks at the tree and just stares at it and frowns as he sighs "I..I don't know."He looks around and shakes his head as it to clear it "Just...seen...but there was fighting and shouting and running"

Gaheris starts to frown too and looks a little puzzled. After a short pause he puts down the shield and grabs an empty crate, putting it down upside-down "'Ere lad. Sit. Y'want a drink?" he's already moving to get himself something from a small firkin at the back of the building "Why don't we start f'the beginnin' eh? I'm Skip. Why don't y'tell me wha' y'name is, where y'come from an' wha' it is y'remember?"

Taran nods as he goes to sit down "Its...not much"He looks at teh shield and frowns, again the head shaking "Just....beasts in odd helmets and screaming, panic and...mom"He frowns, "She droped me...I was maybe a couple seasons old and I climbed into this...fallen log or something..fallen tree maybe and they...killed her and think  they had already killed  father  or maybe not he told mom to take me and run, but there were a lot of..beast with odd helmets and they were extra fur"

Gaheris hides his expression as he's pouring the drinks while he listens but by the time he turns back he just looks sad. He offers Taran a drink then grabs another crate to sit on himself "Ok. I don't know where y'been or 'ow much y'know but lad...I think ye might be 'ome" he gives it a second just to see how Taran's doing before he explains more "Couple f'years back this place got attacked by northerners, vikin's...they might be wha' y'rememberin'...We lost a lot of good folk tha' day"

Taran frowns "Vikings....I don't..know just, also remember a squirrel who found me but they didnt stay in the area, they were afraid and left before going to the abbey to live"He frowns "She adopted me I guess...said she found me near the river...and bad beasts were all over"

Gaheris nods slowly and sighs "It was a bad time f'everyone...If y'remember yer parents names we can look 'em up an' check" he smiles faintly "I'm glad the squirrel found y'. Y'been livin' at the abbey all this time?"

Taran blinks "Home...sir?" He looks around again, bits and pieces he remembers, not a lot but he was...young "Home..."He closes his eyes as tears but happy ones "Home.." He smiles a little "Yes..parents...they...."He remembers, he knows he does as it's slowly coming back to him as he thinks "Mack...and..Celeste..she was a seamtress he was a..a guard..I think...."He smiles "I'm...home"

Board footer