Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-24 03:28:25 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Being a nerd is cool. Don't hate. (RWA log 11.24.2018)

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey's Great Hall

CHARACTERS:  Ewan, a male hare.  DoraRose, a female mouse.

LOG:
Ewan is sitting by the fireplace reading a book, he has a stack of books in fact, one has a couple books, one has 4 books and he has one in his lap currently he reads, turns a page and reads more.

DoraRose comes into the Great Hall from the staircase, reading a book, herself.  She has it close the her face, and she is still managing to not walk into anything while she reads.  The paper whispers as she turns the page.  The way she's holding the book makes it nearly impossible to tell what she's reading, but the binding is various shades of blue and green.

Ewan looks over and back to his book as he reads and turns the pages, seems he is a speed reader also and blinks once and goes back to reading.  "Did you know there is 400 species of oak?"

DoraRose looks up, startled, and of course this is when she runs into a chair.  "Eek -- oof!"  She falls into the chair, then, grunting slightly, shifts herself around to where she's curled up in it.  "Really?  400?  How can beasts tell them all apart?"  She slips a bookmark out of her pocket and places it in her book.  When she closes her book, she still is holding it so no one can read the spine and tell what the book that she's reading is.

Ewan shrugs "I...don't know, slightly different color or size/ color of acorn?" He looks at the books "One learns a lot reading"

DoraRose nods.  "Aye, that's the truth."  She holds up her book.  "I found a book on battle philosophy.  Wish I had read it when I had first arrived here.  It's fascinating."  She kicks off her slipper shoes and tucks her legs under her, rearranging her skirts so they cover her feet.

Ewan frowns "Battle..battle leads to...."He frowns and changes the subject"There is a lot of different trees, it may be nice to make a book of leaves of each tree...hmmms how to keep leaves fresh though in a book...for data"

DoraRose frowns slightly.  Oh, yeah, he's the hare that had trouble after the battle.  Her grandmother told her about him.  So she goes along with the subject change.  "Oh, there's no way.  They always end up getting brown and brittle.  It's better to have someone who's an expert artist draw them in their various forms in the book.  If you do want to collect the leaves, though, you can just get non-crumply ones and press them in the pages of  a heavy book.  Works with some flowers, too.  They all end up browned and brittle, though."

Ewan says, "Drawn...that would be nice, a good detail drawing of shape, maybe size or write that on the side and colored in with its degree of  green, like in spring and summer...some trees like pine stay green all the time but those are more north area than here." He smiles "I might look around the woods, but I won't get lost...I can go down a path once and remember it"

DoraRose smiles.  "Well, how good of an artist are you?  Perhaps you could make a book about the local trees for the classes here to use.  And even if you don't do the drawings, mayhap some other beast could."  Blinking, she adds, "You don't ever get lost?  Like, ever?"

Ewan shakes his head "I remember...lines of one tree and how thick the bark was on another and how (that) was a couple inches taller than one on the left many, and one had fewer limbs than another did, there was an apple tree along the river...maybe...ummm 1/10 a mile from river, the apples were up high though"

DoraRose's eyes widen slightly as she listens to him describe all the things he noticed.  "Wow.....you're a great pathfinder, it sounds like.  How good are you at tracking footprints and stuff?"  She sets her feet in her slippers on the floor, leaning forward as if that would help her hear his answer better.

Ewan shrugs "I..don't..maybe...I knew where a monitor went and if the tracks are old or fresh...cause there was mud and....yeah the monitor was close and almost got me but then it died."

DoraRose purses her lips, then stands.  "Hey, I'm not good at tracking, but there is a guard here who is.  I'm gonna go find him and have him come talk to you.  We usually are in desperate need of trackers, even when we're not being invaded.  I'll catch you in a bit...."  she walks out the door and finds that guard, sending him in to talk to the hare.....

~*Thanks for reading!*~

Board footer