Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-22 10:35:11 PM

Rudolfo And Alts

Direct Eye Contract Is Sometimes...Bad-Blackrose Log

Who is in the log:

Taz-evil marten..Assassin,poisoner, fighter in Blackrose

Hawkeye- Old otter

Orel- Seeer rat

The log, seting Tavern in Halyard:

Hawkeye is working again today, the past 4 days but he is getting by fairly well so far, a day off might be good though.

Taz opens the door to the tavern and walks in. He scans the room and a couple beasts move away from him as he walks on forwards and stops close to the otter "Who can get a visitor a drink?"

Hawkeye looks up at the marten"I can get ya a drink sir. What ya be wanting?"

Taz smirks "A tall ale would be good kind..otter."He watches the old otter"An old otter working in a tavern like this, so so interesting." He sits down"This village is interest, maybe it will get a bit more interesting soon enough, or not"

Orel walks in from outside carrying an old kit bag over one shoulder, he pauses when he spots the otter behind the bar and frowns then moves over to take a seat a couple of stools down from Taz. He nods to the marten and the otter, "The day is to be fairing well to you both."

Hawkeye frowns, he already is starting to dislike the marten but he gets him a drink still and sits it down, "Guessing your....new around here?" He nods to the rat as he is use to vermin here by now.

Taz grins "New enough.."He takes a long drink of his ale,he looks at the rat "My day always goes..well"He chuckles " I have plans to make it...fair better"

Orel flicks his ears back and peers at Taz, "You'd not to be being hiring would you then if you have work? Orel is... bored of the bar," he gestures at it, "He has to have been doing it for a long time now."

Hawkeye shakes his head at the marten "What ever ya say sir. Least more beasts are coming back to the tavern."He goes to get some mugs and if needed get Orel a drink as well, but maybe Orel gets his own drinks usually.

Taz watches the otter walk off and smirks "My...leader seeks beasts, to hunt ..recruits and..slaves"The last part whispers as he smiles none to friendly"If de long ears don't get in the way,but there is...ways to handle them."He speaks quietly still and glaces at the otter.

Orel drums his fingers on the bar and looks at Taz, keeping his voice low, "Orel.... is not to usually be working with the makers of slaves... left the sea behind long," He leans back on his stool and looks at Hawkeye then back down, "but  is to be understanding the need to not get in the way yes, he works here at the bar most days."

Hawkeye gets a couple more orders out, collects some mugs and seems to get stuck with washing the mugs for now. Good thing its not yet the more busy part of the day.

Taz eyes narrow but then he just grins "What ever ya say.....working at the bar, good work I would say"He seems to care less if the rat doesn't work with slavers, "Each his own...I heard those..long ears wont be around much in Halyard, unless its to have..fun"He chuckles a little "less hares around is...fun I say"

Orel says, "Yes... Less hares around is to be being worrying to Orel," He grins at Taz, "But if there is other work... l is to not being indisposed to considering helping if there is coin," He hops off his stool and moves behind the bar, helping himself to a drink before moving up to Hawkeye, "Orel is to have to be saying sorry for not having the chance to say hello to you yet, Orel," He holds out his free hand, "Bar-rat."

Hawkeye nods and offers a grin"Hawkeye, been working ere' fer maybe...3...almost 4 days now. Its good coin and needed a job, also have a son ta worry about now"

Taz just watches the two for now. He grins more of the ale he has as he thinks quietly to himself.

Orel nods his head, "Ah  was out, has been considering things, the hares pulling out... it is to be being worrying,  does not to be feeling as safe as before," He leans back and nods towards Taz, "Many new faces it seems.... I should go back, talk more to the marten."

Hawkeye shrugs "Beasts been saying the ghost foxes are gone...though some rumors of slavers, I believe that ta be true and they seem to picked a poor time fer it to happen, well not so poor to them suppose and the Long Patrol shows up...well once in a while"

Taz looks to the door as a ferret walks in, they speak quietly with him and then leave again as he finishes his ale.

Orel looks up, "Aye there be slavers, there be many beasts moving, the futures Orel has been seeing are dark," he turns to regard Taz again and frowns, "It is... an odd path weaving ahead of us yes.... Orel will try to see through the fog to where he should throw his hat."

Hawkeye says, "Well I wound t choose slavers, that fer sure...not sure whats ta happen round ere', guess we find out huh. Slavers cause too much trouble, they will be...dealed with trust me"

Taz looks over at the two as if trying to figure out what they are talking about but looks away after a short while.

Orel sways his thick rat tail from side to side and picks up his drink, "Indeed... Orel is smart enough to not mess with slavers, Orel was smart enough to leave the sea and try and find a home here," He gestures, "But the village is limited... jobs, the chance to have a home... not so good."

Hawkeye says, "The village does need more jobs...maybe more shops to make jobs..some growth ya know." He looks over at the Marten briefly and shakes his head."

Taz smirks "Old one...another drink of ale, if you would."

Orel leaves Hawkeye to serve and returns to his stool, "So marten, what other endeavors do you bring to Halyard? We like... many things in town."

Hawkeye sighs and gets another ale for the marten and speaks "Also nice ta pay before getting a 2nd one sir"He goes to make eye contact so he knows the marten is listening to him as he sits down the ale, but has yet to fully let go of it.

Taz smirks"I am sure...your learn.."He looks at the otter, ohhhh mistake as he grins at him and slides over a few coppers...keeping eye contact with this marten too long could be..bad.."So..sorry..sir otter,suppose that's a worry, hmmmms..other worrys?"

Orel says, "Fishing, Baking, various other jobs," he flicks his ears and squeaks softly as he sips his drink, "It is a nice town, we try to keep... business outside.""

Hawkeye frowns as he stares at the marten and is quiet "I..worries..."He just frowns finding it a little hard to look away right now "Just...fer me son and the slavers need to...leave area..."

Taz smirks "Leave you say...well one never knows perhaps not. The hares should stay gone more than likely I would say...this whole slaver thing...what slaver thing, must of been a mistake, no slavers for miles good...good sir"

Hawkeye frowns "No..slavers around...yeah"

Taz smirks, then glaces away. He studies the rat as he stands "I need to get to a meeting, good day to both of you. I am sure we will see one another again maybe" He quietly pays for the ales and walks off, though he didn't touch the 2nd ale, yet pad for it all the same.

Hawkeye blinks and holds his head like he has a headache and sighs as he sits down, he has a little while before its too busy "Must be working too much....or sumthing."

Orel frowns and watches the marten leave and drums his claws on the bar, "Does not like that one sir Otter... he is... like I was when young... an idiot, thinking he is unstoppable. If the patrol know there are slavers, they will stop them...." He shakes his head and nudges the otter, "Is ok, you sit, Orel will serve, see future paths swirl around you yes.... Orel sees many things..."

Hawkeye frowns "Slavers?..I don't think so, but yeah the Patrol would stop them....and I don't think anyone wants to mess with an over 8 foot tall badger.."He chuckles then tenses up, yeah headache and he has no clue why."Yeah...may need ta sit awhile I guess, I was ill couple weeks ago, maybe tis that not fully gone, had an infection in me leg, it healed though...almost died in fact"

Orel frowns at Hawkeye, "Orel could use the sight if the otter wanted> Look into sickness and health and future pathways?" he tilts his head and moves behind the bar, pulling on his sash to look through the round stone he wars, "Orel was... many things but seer is always with him."

Hawkeye looks at the rat and frowns slightly"Seer?" He is curious but also unsure."I should be a little better after some sleep, least hope."

Orel letting go of the stone Orel leans on his elbows and stares at the otter, "Yes, is Orel's curse, once in every generation, a rat with the sight is born... to lead the ships and see the way to pillage, plunder and plenty..." he snorts, "Is stupid curse, pi-rat captains fighting over Orel, keeping Orel as captive or prize, making me see for them, oh treat me with respect, Young Orel loved it, lapped it up, stupid rat.... wise Orel left, lives here now. But still sees when needed, otherwise is rat in the bar, clean fur, good whiskers, silly talking, yes safer and longer life."

Hawkeye nods "Interesting, not to worry not gonna tell anyone" Not that they would likely believe him anyways and he does keep promises.

Orel smirks, "Most know, Orel is bad at secrets, sees too much, sometimes just blurts out," he flicks his ears back, "Whilst Long Patrol was here, was mostly safe... no hares, sea Rats will come to claim Orel, he is their seer, place is on a deck seeing..." He frowns, "Did think of leaving the shore, going inland but.... Orel would miss the sea."

Hawkeye asks, "can you fight any?Maybe run even"

Orel frowns, "Fight? Orel can fight but not a crew of rats, not a ship of vermin, is one rat...." he shakes his head, "Town may not be safe, not just Orel, already look, slavers circle, lazy beasts eye all we have and covet it... town is too divided to protect itself. Soft from the Long-ears of the Fire Mountain."

Hawkeye frowns "Then...ya know maybe this town should start some group, like protectors or something....could even be allies of the mountain itself"He smiles as he likes this idea"And the hares are around at times...I dontthink they would let the town..be loss...least hope not"

Orel says, "Would hope," he drums fingers, "Hares are notorious, won't work with vermin though, if vermin front a group or join a group we are clearly bad, up to trying to set ourselves up as slavers or leaders or dictators... it not go well so no one tries.""

Hawkeye shrugs "Well...I can help fight off rats...and seems maybe the Long Patrol wont harm you"

Orel smiles, "Long Patrol ignore , am just rat behind the bar, is safer sometimes to not be noticeable," He gestures at his furry chest, "See even fur is clean, learn not to bath in salt water, respectable rat is me. but yes will see how town goes."

Hawkeye excuses himself "I...need ta head home, first gots to get some stuff for hot root stew." He slips out slowly, cane in paw.

Taz meanwhile has been waiting, oh there is the otter..he smirks and watches him and soom heads off to the shores, maybe he will be the old otter again.

My Alts: 
Rudolfo-LP Hare Private and Fighter
Jarvis-Camp Willow Otter

#2 2018-11-24 07:19:05 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Direct Eye Contract Is Sometimes...Bad-Blackrose Log

If it makes Orel feel any better, Felicity doesn't hate all vermin on sight.  She gives them a chance to prove that they're good.  Maybe in the next few weeks she can prove that to him wink

Board footer