Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-17 03:19:41 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Thankful for peace (RWA log) 11.17.2018

SCENE:  Redwall Abbey's Great Hall

CHARACTERS:  Xander, a male badger, and his daughter Northstar.  DoraRose, a female mouse.

LOG:
Xander is sitting in the Great Hall, he had been away a few days at Ferravale but is now back and a little tried looking. The opposite is true of the badger cub Northstar who seems full of energy and has recently found the joys of walking...and falling a couple times after a short while.

DoraRose comes into the Great Hall, a basket of yarn over one arm.  "Oh, hi, Xander.  Hey, there, Northstar."  The Warrior's smile at seeing her friend widens considerably when she addresses the Dibbun.  "How are you 2 doing?  Finally, we have some peace in the area and can enjoy doing things."  She sits in a chair by the badgers, sets her basket on the floor, and pulls out a knitting project.

Xander nods "Peace is good to have, I may need to go to Ferravale sometimes...the Defenders base is being rebuilt and the tavern...which still not sure why I am the owner or will be of the new tavern." Northstar sort of falls on her behind and looks over at the mousemaid but doesn't say anything she just listens, she has maybe said a couple words here and there.

DoraRose starts working on the row she's on in her knitting project.  It's in the very early stages, so it's impossible to tell what it's going to be.  "Maybe Marek saw more in you than you can, and that's why he chose you to be the new owner."  She smiles, but doesn't look up from her project.  "I'm content to let that be the reason I believe.  Same with why he gave me a silver dagger."  She may or may not still be vaguely thrilled about that, even though how she got it is a tragedy.

Xander shrugs but smiles "This time of the seasons is nice, the colors of the leaves and soon enough snow will show up, though not too soon I think that Texo would get upset at too soon, something bout building the outside of the buildings first before the inside " Meanwhile the badger cub seems to find an interest in a stray ball of yarn and looks it over, then places it back  into the basket again.

DoraRose continues to knit, keeping an eye on the curious Dibbun.  She can play with the yarn balls as long as she's careful.  The mouse is most worried about if the young badger finds the scissors.  So far, so good.  "Y'mean outside the walls?  Were there many buildings within the village that were damaged?"  Only part of the housing section.  And a couple of businesses.  And of course the tavern went BOOM.  But that's another issue.

Xander nods "Yeah but it's being rebuilt...well inside Ferravale and will have the tavern beside it...hopefully wont be an issue. The defenders group is ..smaller now but still has members, Though Tassel and Anatole and their newborn went to live at Camp Willow"

DoraRose nods.  "I'm sure they'll visit sometime.  How many beasts are left in the Defenders?  I know there's you, me.....erm, who else?"  She starts on another row and adds some stitches, making it wider.

Xander hmmms "I think...12 maybe...Rigel..there is Henry a sparrow..Jaxson, Kibou..Lee..Ace..Silverwing and Ferro...and a couple  just as ally ..Minsc and.....and Zolomon"

DoraRose glances at the male badger.  "Oh, yeah, Zolomon joined the Long Patrol, didn't he?  That's hard.....losing a friend like that.  Did you have any warning before he joined up?"  She continues to knit, only glancing at her project occasionally, her main focus on his face.

Xander sighs, he looks over at Northstar who seems to have fallen asleep "I...well...knew he joined but he sort of left rather quickly, like before the others to deliver the message of...well you know, so they knew before the others got back"

DoraRose nods.  She understands.  And she also understands that not everyone feels okay with talking about the megabattle they recently endured.  "Were you able to say good-bye?"  She asks gently, pausing in her project to pull a finished knitted blanket out of her basket to drape over the sleeping baby badger.

Xander shakes his head "Not really but it was important, I mean I guess it was a sort of quick goodbye but that's ok. I am sure he is doing great"

DoraRose goes back to her project.  "Yeah, I'm sure he is.  I hope he was able to adjust to military life quickly and easily.  Life at Salamandastron is no joke."  She gets another colour of yarn out of her basket and proceeds to switch colours in her knitting project.

Xander frowns as he stands up"Yeah..so I heard."He looks at Northstar and back to Dorarose "I..might go for a walk, you  can tell Krisha....right? Just around the woods is all"

DoraRose looks up and nods. "Aye, I can do that.  Want me to babysit Northstar while you're out and Krisha's doing her thing?  I don't mind."  She smiles, her paws stilled for a moment as she waits for his answer.

Xander smiles "Yeah...she is still for now in charge of the dibbuns 'til Uncle Oz recovers a little more, he still has some trouble walking last I heard. I wont go too far , maybe the clearing and should be back in time for dinner." And that's in 2-3 hours so should be no problem for him as he will be back a little before that.

DoraRose watches him go, then contents herself to knitting and taking care of the baby badger.  Yay!  She actually loves babysitting duty.  Helps her not miss the days when he children were Dibbuns...at least not miss them quite so much smile

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! big_smile

Board footer