Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-05 05:40:44 PM

Karth Riverbark

Plans For A Quiet Day...Fail Badly- LP LOG

Who:

Hanzi Conrad Firepaw Jackson-Me-Recruit in the L p

Isla Kincallum Lachlamuerial Hornskewpit Muir IV- Recruit in the LP

Tarsa Renee Vera Quickpaws-Sargeant in the LP

Various spoofed Privates in the LP

Log:

In the deepest hours of the night, every beast is asleep - except, it would seem, Isla. The doe is on sentry, seated at the prow of the boat, with her knees hugged to her chest. It's quiet and the night is chilled, but not freezing, and the young hare stares out into the night, her ears laid flat back against her skull.

Hanzi is up late also it would seem, but at least he has gotten use to boat movement as he ventures from the sleeping quarters and looks around. He snorts as it's fairly quiet out tonight. He sees the other hare and smirks a little as he speaks"Night is always interesting isn't it? The dark make's it hard to see things, unless one stares at their surroundings for a bally while."

The doe starts at the sudden noise behind her, scrambling upright and to attention as if Sergeant Tarsa is going to be there when she turns around - but it's only Hanzi. Isla relaxes and her expression dissolves into a scowl. "Well, lucky fer th'sentry, I'm starin' at me surroundings for a bally while." Composing herself, the doe brushes off the front of her tunic. She is still dressed more brightly than the other hares already in the Patrol - it's not like they had spare recruit uniforms lying around, and her life as a performer hardly prepared her for military dress. She wears a bright purple tunic that ties at the chest. "Wots got you up?" She asks, turning back around so that she can keep looking out, but keeps Hanzi in view from the corner of her eye.

Hanzi shrugs, he honestly doesn't know." Guess figured this be more, ya know...interesting. But not much to do and yet they still find a way to fit push ups in. The Badger Lord should outlaw push ups, don't ya think?" It's clear he dislikes these push ups."Also I heard they likely won't keep the boat even, maybe they have a bigger boat out on the sea."He smiles at the idea.

"The Long Patrol ain't a navy." The doe reminds him, leaning against the railing of their little boat. "Bu'... Aye, wish he would outlaw 'em. Least it seems wot it's easier every day, a little bit." The recruit shifts uncomfortably, shooting Hanzi another quick look before returning her gaze obediently outward again. "So where're you from, anyways?"

Hanzi answers "Mossflower, sort of like east of de abbey...well I was. Me and my parents lived thar and vermin were around. Father killed a weasel once, well one day we heard de Abbey bells and Mother said it meant get to the abbey, only..."He frowns and looks down "We..didn't make it, father got killed tryin' ta help me and mother escape, got got grabbed and I tried ta help her only to get caught as well. She died as..slavery got to her, it was the next day me and other slaves were freed and I learned the Long Patrol was around..the great powerful famous Long Patrol and wanted ta join them and help prevent slavers from hurting beasts"

Isla nods uncomfortably, suddenly sorry that she asked. To hear that the other recruit had such a hard run of it, living in slavery, makes her feel suddenly inadequate - a feeling that has descended daily since leaving her uncle behind at Redwall. "Erm." She says, after a moment, raising a paw to scratch at an ear. "S-Sorry to hear 'bout your troubles and wot not." She finally offers, lamely.

Hanzi sits down "It's...ok. I hate vermin, I mean...what vermin is...is good and supposedly there is ones that are...good some how, no clue how though. I rather stab a vermin than like, you know...try and be friends"

Isla shrugs. "I guess... Beasts is just who they is. Sometimes 'good' an' 'evil' aren't... The only options?" She shrugs. "I met a lot'a beasts wot were nice an' mean an' even more wot were in-between. Suppose even some vermin are jus' out there tryna live life, 'r maybe they are just all born bad and sometimes there's jus' one wot comes out good by mistake. Guess woodlanders be the same way?" She shrugs again, not one for philosophy. "I had a friend wot was a ferret when we was with th'circus, uncle Fergus and me, but we had t'stop playin' together 'cause she wanted me t'help her steal stuff. Then she got mean when I told 'er I didn't wanna. So." She scuffs her foot along the wood of the boat beneath them. "Dunno if that made 'er /evil/ 'r jus'... Not... Good?"

Hanzi says, "I don't think I could have a ferret as a friend. I wonder how much longer the trip is to the western shore. The sea is one thing I have never seen before"

Isla frowns again, and keeps staring out. "We was little." She defends with a huff. "Sea is liable t'blow yer mind. Bigger'n you cin imagine, it is - I never been out on the /open/ seas, but been in boats on it an' it's different than this 'un on a river. If /this/ made ya stomach do cartwheels, the ocean would have ye abso-bally-lutely sunk."

Hanzi frowns "They..don't go out on boats much do they?" He seems a little worried and snorts as he looks at the river "I wonder wot everyone reaction is gonna be when we get thar? I mean ....well most of em'....heroes and all but a lot isn't coming back at all"

"Nah, Long Patrol don't have a navy." Isla repeats. "All boots on th'ground, wot-wot." There's a little smirk there that quickly falls away. "Aye... I don't think it'll be all feasts an' songs - an' if Sergeant Tarsa is a standard, we'll be put right t'work, you an' me." She lets her fingers drum over the railing of the boat for a few seconds. "You thought abou' wot you gonna be when you get t'pick specialty?"

Hanzi says, "A fighter, that's de best I think. Learn to use maybe a dirk or saber. I don't think long distance weapons be good for me. There is runner but don't know and healing just seems boring and they don't get to do much really.""

Isla nods along. "M'uncle says healers fought just as much as th'other beasts, they just also had t'heal. Everybeast is fightin' in the Patrol, he says - my da was a healer, and uncle Fergus says, he says, he could lay any beast flat on 'is whim, 'e could." She nods, proudly. "I ain't got a clue though, me. Guess that's what trainin' is for - figurin' out wot you're t'do when ye do it?"

Hanzi asks, "Healers learn to fight? Well I suppose tis needed wouldn't want to be healing someone and then suddenly a bad beast is beside you and you have to fight them off. They likely don't have serious fighter training though."

Isla huffs. "Me pa was a healer an' he fought with a sword an' everything. They're in th'Patrol jus' like all the other fighters." It seems she feels the need to defend her father's honor, here. "Me ma was a fighter, and uncle Fergus said they fought side by side when battle came to 'em."

Hanzi shrugs, "Wot ever ya say, then again they may well have everyone learn ta fight, ya know since...they lost a lot."He frowns, he doe's wonder what will happen once they get there and he may be a little scared, "Hope we get days off to relax, got ta relax some after all or ya end up dull"

"Dunno, mate. Way ol' Tarsa yells it, our lives is over an' we're t'do nothin' but train and chores till we keel over." Isla hardly believes this, but there is fear in her voice. "But if beasts are gettin' married an' havin' dibbuns, they've got t'have /some/ free time. I mean, I was born there.”

Hanzi says, "I don't plan to get married. Rather be a loner all me life...sides that way no one ta worry bout saving...well least family wise right?" He chuckles a little and hmmms "Maybe we can place barrels in front of the officers doors..heee..see if they can make us do exercises then""

"I guess I had a big family, once, but ma and da didn't make it an' me uncle never had dibbuns - cept me, I guess. He raised me almost me whole life, so." She shrugs. "Bu' he an his mate never married an' they stopped speakin' seasons ago - I miss 'im though." The doe's jaw drops at Hanzi's suggestion and she shakes her head vigorously. "You will ge' us in so much trouble! Tarsa will throw you overboard, she will!" Still... Maybe she is considering it.

Hanzi grins, not good "How would she know who did it?" Seems he might try and do it, "We can just be like..don't know...boat hit a bump in the water maybe?" He chuckles at the idea."wot she gonna do, ask everyone? Have the badger Lord try and figure it out....hee hee."

"She'll /know/." Isla laughs. "Who else woulda? Hm?" She points a finger at Hanzi. "You got trouble writ all over ya, an' you'll get me in trouble too, wot! Still..." She smirks. "Would be nice t'get outta exercisin'."

Hanzi chuckles and grins as he seems to have a plan in action, "Well maybe we shall have a good morning then, hee hee...time ta sleep in..."He says in a sort of sing a long voice as he grins and walks off, he giggles a little as it's clear he is up to no good, also it happens to be towards where some barrels of apples and dried fish are, this will likely end badly, maybe not right away though.

Hanzi was up early, not that it was odd he was Long Patrol after all, but he wasn't up to do exercise . he was up blocking a doorway with barrels of dried fish and apples and trying  not to burst out laughing out loud.

Tarsa was still in the sleeping quarters slowly waking up. She yawned and slowly sat up, then stood up from her bed and walks to the door to open it for some fresh air. She blinked a couple times as normally the door opens just fine. She grumbled and tried it again and then narrowed her eyes at the door as if it was some vermin testing her.

Hanzi failed rather quickly to hold back a chuckle. There was something indeed preventing the door from opening, barrels and heavy ones at that preventing the door from opening any further than maybe an inch or two. He sat down in a chair and grinned as he watched the doorway with delight and mischief in his eyes.

Tarsa kicks the door once, twice and then takes a deep breath "Some beast BEST tell me why this door won't open or there is gonna be a very bad morning for who ever involved!!" And by the sound of the voice , she means it too. This was not going to be a good morning.

Hanzi falls back from his chair and just starts laughing more insanely. It causes some of the privates to wander out and look over at him, and then the doorway. One private looks like they rather jump off the ship.

"Wot is everybeast starin' at?" Another voice demands as Isla arrives on deck, relieved from her sentry position at the prow by a Private. "Hanzi?" She asks, ears flopping comically as she tilts her head. "Wot're you..." Her gaze slowly follows the direction of his mirth... And her eyes go as wide as saucers. "You /didn't/." She gapes, fear gripping her. They're dead. They're all dead.

Tarsa glares and kicks the door again, and then she is quiet, oh yes she hears the laughing. Barrels in front of the doorway may be moved soon as she backs up and then goes to ram her shoulder into the doorway causing them to move a few inches " Keep laughing and your soon wish ya were not!!!!"

Hanzi smirks "I blocked her door with barrels, hee hee...she won't be getting outta ther any time soon" He fixes the chair and leans back in it as if relaxing "Exercise  free day lads and lasses."

"Ye'll be... Whipper 'r flogged 'r wotnot!" Isla gasps, wincing as the barrels surge forward with the weight of Tarsa's wrath. "Or worse." She gulps, glancing at the other wide-eyed hares lurking about. She's only heard stories, but from what her uncle Fergus told her of her parent's service in the Patrol, the military is /awfully/ fond of blanket punishments. "Wot if she punishes /all/'a us when she gets loose, huh?" Hanzi had mentioned his plans to her, but she hadn't thought he would actually be thick enough to go through with them! "Yer dafter'n a mole wots lost 'is tunnel!" Is there anywhere to hide? She looks about desperately.

Tarsa paces in her room and goes to ram her elbow into the door again, again there is some movement " Some beast is gonna be cleaning for a week, I will make them do triple the morning drills. Some beast best OPEN this door...NOW!!!"

Hanzi sips some water as he watches "This is fun, we should blooming do this more often, best day yet in fact! Being in the Long Patrol is a barrel of laughs, get it barrel of laughs" He bursts out laughing again as one private looks willing, but also afraid to move a barrel or two from the doorway.

Tarsa's shout to open the door constitutes a direct order from a superior officer - Isla may be too green to fully grasp the weight of that, but the enlisted hares around them on the boat won't be. Somebeast is bound to open the door. "Han/zi/!" The doe titters nervously, hopping from foot to foot. "Tha' was a terrible idea."

Tarsa is getting very angry now, she goes to start to ram the door when a private moves a couple barrels and another starts to open the door and gets quickly out of the way when Tarsa storms out and stops herself just in time from falling over the railing as she had started to slam an elbow into the door. She is in her night time clothing and scans the room with a glare, one eye seems to twitch a little as she looks for who was the cause.

Hanzi just laughs out loud "She almost fell overboard, hee hee....grumpy hare over board...well almost, that would of been so so FUNNY...oh my seasons and the look on her face!!!"

Isla has to scramble out of the way as Tarsa comes bursting out of the door. She stands at anxious attention, not looking at Hanzi - he's giving himself away, after all. "Really, mate..." She mutters out the side of her mouth. "Was nice knowin' ye."

Tarsa glare comes to rest on Hanzi as she walks over "Oh you think wot ya di was funny? Just a small little laugh before breakfast? We are on a fun little cruise maybe, is that it Recruit Hanzi?" She looks at the others "Push-ups, then sit-ups all of you now." She looks to Hanzi , oh he needs some extra to do.

Hanzi smirks as he stands and goes to pat the sergeant on the shoulder "It's ok lass, why don't ya go back to bed, you likely need some beauty sleep."

Openly staring at Hanzi, Isla drops to the ground to start her push-ups. "Wha's wrong with him?" She whispers to the Private beside her, eyes wide. Is he trying to get himself - or /all/ of them - worked to death??

Tarsa doesn't give warning as the paw is on her shoulder she goes to grab his arm and flip him over her back and then turn around to glare down at him, "Your going to do triple the morning drills, and your gonna have night watch the rest of this trip. Your also return all the barrels you moved and you best do it now. Oh and...your just gonna love this, I bet its something to chuckle at.."She goes to her room and finds a small brush that usually used to clean ones teeth, yes she has a extra unused brush "See this, your use it to clean the boat tonight and tomorrow night, oh and no help...just you"

Hanzi gasped and looks up with a frown, and then scoots back and quickly stands. He listens and frowns more "Are you insane woman, no way am I cleaning the boat deck with that, that's a joke" He cross his arms over his chest.

Isla continues doing her ordered push ups, faltering a few times. Many of the other privates have stopped to watch Hanzi's punishment, and upon finishing her exercises, Isla does as well. "Ye daft fool." She scoffs, not feeling any pity for the buck.

Tarsa eyes narrow, a couple privates quickly hide as she looks at Hanzi and is silent, oh so silent and then she goes to grab one of his ears and drag him to where a bucket of soapy water in and hands him the small tooth brush and makes him get on his hands and knees "Your clean this deck till it's so clean it looks blooming new!!!! No breakfast, heck maybe lunch till this is done and I WILL make sure its done correctly or your do it again do I make myself clear!!!" She looks at the others as if to say what are you all staring at, oh she is FAR from a good mood this morning.

Hanzi eeps as his ear is grabbed and he is then basically forced to clean. He gets a real good look at the sergeant and gulps now, and wow he starts cleaning but it will surely take a while and his paws and arms will be soaked, not to mention his legs soaked in soapy water.

As Tarsa rounds her glare on them, Isla and several other hares scramble in different directions, desperate to find a job to do and a place to be. Nope, nothing to see here! They aren't with him!

Tarsa sits down, still in her night clothing, she will make sure the hare doesn't just leave the moment she does. She snorts as the other rush off, they may get lucky and get out of any afternoon drill, but that is depending on of she is still grumpy or not or gets a new reason to be grumpy, time will tell.

Hanzi looks up from his cleaning every so often, he finally just gives up when it's clear he is not getting out of his horrible chore.. It will be a very long morning indeed.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-11-05 05:41:13 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#2 2018-11-14 04:38:08 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Re: Plans For A Quiet Day...Fail Badly- LP LOG

Oh snap, this was hilarious x'D

Now we HAVE to sic the DAB on Tarsa wink

Board footer