Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-08 05:09:23 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Speaking of Zinnia.... (A Redwall Log)

SCENE: Redwall Abbey: Fire pit

CHARACTERS: Takeo, a male badger; Aira, a female gull.  Elmef, a male mouse.  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Xander, another male badger.

LOG:

Takeo has found a quiet area of the abbey grounds, the firepit seems like it as not many come over here. He has out his lyre and is playing a simple calming tune, ever so often a soft tune is heard, but not in common tongue, its in his own language that he uses in his homeland, he has only taught a little to anyone else. Beside him is the seagull Aira.

Elmef comes walking out of the orchard to see what the noise is. The abbey brother dressed in a thick habit against the snow and a long scarf. He has a ladder resting on his shoulders and a box of tools in the other hand, "Oh Takeo it is  you, good day, don't get many beasts out here at this time of year"

And then the fire pit gets even more crowded as DoraRose Strongheart enters the scene!  In addition to her black tunic, legging, and boots, she is wearing a grey sweater, a green cloak, a yellow scarf, a green hat, and red mittens.  She actually looks pretty warm.  Coming up, she smiles and says, "I thought I heard singing.  That's a lovely melody."  Sitting on a log, she wraps her cloak around herself.  "I hope this day find you 2 well."  She hasn't heard about Zinnia yet, it seems.

Takeo looks over as the mouse is seen and lays his lyre down in his lap, "It is not being how you say too cold" His fur is thick so maybe he doesn't care too much, "It's quiet and helps one think better on may things.  I am still learning names of many here" He nods a hello to Dorarose "Greetings..."

Elmef hasn't heard anything about Zinnia either he's been in the orchard all day, "I am well thank you and sorry to disturb you I can go back to my orchard if you prefer? Just checking over the trees readying for spring."

Oh, duh.  DoraRose should've asked before she sat down.  Oopsie.  "Oh, yeah, am I disturbing you?  I'm sorry.  I can leave, too, if you need me to."  She is ready to stand up and walk away if needs be. 

Takeo nods "Yes Spring is soon and no company is nice" The sea gull had decided to get a nap in, seems the sea gull is use to being busy and here she isn't so much. The badger manages a small smile at the bird before looking back to the others.  "You both can stay, besides friends arounds helps one not think of things that cause worry" He frowns a little

Elmef asks, "What is causing you to worry Takeo? A problem shared is a problem solved"

DoraRose settles back down and leans on her arms on her knees.  "Yes, what's wrong?  Perhaps we can help," the Warrior adds, concern evident on her face.

Takeo sighs "I am unsure besides what is being done already" He decides to explain, well best he can "Zinnia is in the infirm, resting and closely watched by either me or your Master Healer. She had the twins a few weeks early, I am only glad they are doing well...small for their size but doing well, Zinnia still had some problems after and maybe some during her time with child...she had not told me as she feared worrying me but she fainted yesterday it's been decided it's best she rests in bed for a few days 'til she regains her strength and others can help with the twins, others can even feed the twins with a special greensap milk mixture that's been made" He is still worried "Also having any other dibbuns after the twins is a no....the twins will be the only dibbuns as it's believed if she was ever with child again.....it could turn out badly.  She could maybe even die in childbirth a 2nd time around." He goes on "So she is in the infirm resting...she is doing a little better than she was yesterday so that's a good sign yes"

Elmef look sombre, "I did wonder why I hadn't seen her, I am sorry to hear it was such a difficult time. But I am glad both herself and the twins are well."

DoraRose looks sad and worried.  "Oh, I am so sorry.  I had no idea."  She goes to place a paw on his arm, if allowed.  "That's terrible."  She's been outside of the Abbey for the past couple of days, so she's had no idea of anything going on here within the Abbey.  "You must be so worried."

Takeo nods "She was at the feast as it was a couple days after we came....but she hasn't done much else...well besides care for the twins, mostly on her own but for now she is going to have to let others keep an eye on them, least 'til she fully recovers or least mostly recovers." He frowns "I should of paid more attention, she even went with me to check on our ship by the bridge...that was a couple days ago and she just said she was a little tired, it was more than a little tired"

Elmef frowns, "She really shouldn't be walking all the way to the river and back in her condition... though knowing Zinnia she refuses to sit down and rest like she is supposed to."

DoraRose suppresses a smile.  "Well, as a former first-time mother, I can say that it's hard to think that you should let others help and let yourself rest.  I'm surprised I didn't faint after I had my twins..."  Shaking her head, she adds, "I can talk to her if you'd like; one mom to another."

Takeo nods "I just want her to rest...stay in bed."  He is quiet for what seems like a long while " I do not want to lose her, she is like the light that came to my dark world in my time of need. She is the ray of sunshine...the day and with out her it would always be night." He smiles faintly at a memory "I remember when I first meet her...found her when she was lost, she was ill and alone and I helped her get well again. We fell in love and she agreeded to become my mate and my life has never been the same since"

Elmef says, "Well Takeo I am sure with yourself and the Chief Healer caring for her she will stay in bed and rest. If she doesn't set the Abbot on her. He'll make her stay in bed if anyone can."

Xander wanders towards the firepit slowly, he kicks at a small pile of snow.

DoraRose nods. "Plus, in addition to my husband, who I think is an expert in his own right, you have the rest of the Abbey Healers and my grandmother taking care of her, too. If it was my family member, I wouldn't want them anywhere else. Zinnia's getting the best care in the whole area." When she spots the newcomer badger, she waves at him.

Takeo nods "I do remember a rather old mouse maid, she seemed to not want me to stay too long in the infirm, but when one is worried they tend to not go as easily from a room."

Elmef says, "Well I am sure your presence won't disturb Zinnia if she is resting," he glances at Dora and smiles, "Dora's grandmother tends to be quite the forceful lady however. With her in there as well as Leon I am sure Zinnia will rest."

Xander nods a hello as he walks the rest of the way towards them "Hello all...am I interrupting anything?"

DoraRose gives a wry smile.  "Yeah.  My grandmother is very...forceful.  Like, a force to be reckoned with.  Like a tornado or something."  She decides to let the older badger answer the younger one.  She doesn't think he's interrupting....then again, it's not her spouse they're talking about.

Takeo gives Xander a smile, "No you are welcome to be here as well Xander, we were just talking is all." He then asks "Are you doing ok today?"

Elmef looks over at the other badger and raises a paw, "Xander good day to you, how nice to see you," he glances at the fire pit then, "We should get the fire going, warm up the air a bit if we are all going to sit around out here."

Xander shrugs "I am fine...worried about Mom a little, also I would feel better if I didn't have to go talk to this one ermine.....he is sort of creepy, but need to talk to him 'bout something."  He looks to the mouse "I could get firewood Brother Elmef...I will be right back" And off he goes to fetch firewood logs.

DoraRose was about to offer to help light the fire, but then Xander has that all covered.  Okay, then.  She pulls a canteen out from under her sweater, takes a sip, and then puts it back.  "Will you need any more help, Elmef?"  Or does the badger have it covered?

Takeo watches Xander walk off before he speaks again "I am uncertain sometimes his thoughts about me, since Zinnia is my mate...it means I am Xander's father now but he hardly talks to me"

Elmef says, "Ah no wood should do it," he opens his tool box and removes flint and tinder and kindling, "I can get a fire going in no time at all. Thank you though Dora"

Xander returns with the needed logs and lays them down so a fire can be lit and sits down on one of the benches quietly

Before the younger badger returns, DoraRose murmurs, "Give him time.  It may take him a while, but I think that someday he'll come to trust you.  He's had a lot of hurt in his life, as far as I can tell; give him time, and the love you seem to be already giving him."  As Xander returns, she says to the other mouse, "My pleasure.  You seem very prepared."  After the younger badger sits down, she softly says to him, "I'm sorry about Zinnia."

Takeo nods, he simply nods to Xander before speaking again "This Mossflower place is very interesting, as is the village north of you and that they are allies to your abbey"

Elmef says, "Thank you Xander," the mouse jumps down into the fire pit and starts to build up the fire, stacking logs and kindling and then using some twists of paper to get the whole thing going. Humming quietly and happily to himself as he gets the fire to take, "Here we go"

Xander smiles at Elmef "You're...welcome"

DoraRose nods.  "I'm glad you like it here.  I've come to call it home....I wasn't born here, either.  I'm from a country to the East called Tuscani."  As the fire gets going, she adds, "Ah, yes, Ferravale.  The current Chieftain is a good friend of mine, as was her father.  Many of the beasts there aren't very friendly towards woodlanders, but they tend to leave me alone....but maybe that's just because I usually have my axe with me when I go there..." she bites her lip.  She is kind of intimidating when she has her axe....and now that she's learning how to use a war hammer/mace, she's going to be even more terrifying.

Takeo stands as he nods to the others there "I should check on Zinnia, perhaps we can talk more another time..."  He glances at Xander and then walks off after picking up the lyre he had beside him.

Elmef steps back and sits down on a log and smiles as the fire starts to crackle, "So Xander, how goes things with you? I haven't seen much of you lately."   

Xander shrugs, he tenses up a little as shrugging hurt a little as he rubs his shoulder, "I been...ok...I guess. Just trying to figure out....well things in life. Other than that not much...well there is the interesting way Uncle Zee seems to want me to...guess earn the right to wield the family sword" 

DoraRose pretends to know nothing about where one of the chests is (the gatehouse loft....where she stashed it after Zee gave it to her).  "Oh?  How's he doing that?"

Elmef says, "Well Xander I wish you luck in figuring it out. I am sure it will be rewarding whatever it is you are working on. Me I am just getting the abbey ready for Spring."

Xander nods "And its like clues in chests, one was even buried with a map" He seems interested in the spring  "How does the abbey get ready for Spring...just wait on the snow to melt?"

Elmef says, "Not at all there is so much more to it then that. We need to check the trees in the orchard haven't been damaged by snow. Look after the beehives, check through our seed stock and decide what to plant where.""   

DoraRose decides to go check on Zinnia, too....and maybe get a salve for her paw. "That reminds me; I need to get a list of plants from the Infirmary for me to look for whenever I go out. I hope your evening goes well." With a wave and a smile, she heads off to go do all those things. 

~*Will be continued when I can add more poses*~

http://radio.rwmuck.org/?&location=RW%2 … %20Firepit

Board footer