Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-03 05:41:32 PM

oz

Food Fight 101-Long Patrol Log

Who:

Zolomon-Runner- Private first class

Felicity- Runner-Corporal

Felcity's sister-spoofed by Felicity

Jacenta-Private-Healer

Log:

Zolomon came back long enough to get something to eat, he didn't want to keep getting meals at Halyard and it was decided he needed a short break, someone else could stare at the injured hare in Halyard, least for today. He found himself in the dinning hall soon after a short training session.

Jacenta is at a table by herself. Some half eaten soup, a a untouched roll by a tall glass of water sits in front of her as she stares at it quietly, every so often rubbing her eyes as she had been crying and just recently calmed down.

Felicity is sitting at a table in the middle of the room with her baby sister Julia on her lap. There is a large plate in front of them -- they're sharing fish sticks and sauce, little sandwiches, and carrots. Most of the food is gone, as is Felicity's tea and Julia's green sap milk. The Runner is scribbling on what looks like reports, and the leveret is drawing industriously, her precious dolly clutched under her arm. They both seem oblivious to what's going on in the room around them.

Zolomon walks over and stands beside Jacenta "I say lass, are you ok? I heard talking helps or if you want left alone, I can go away"He does slip off to get food but will go back past her and either stop or sit at another table.

Jacenta jumps slightly and sighs "I just miss James...."She watches him get some lunch and speaks again as he passes "You don't have to go away and as for talking, it helps sometimes and sometimes it makes it worse"

Felicity and Julia finish their food at the same time, splitting the last fish stick. Shuffling through her papers, the Corporal pats her sister on the back. "'Ey, I need t'go get more papahs for m'reports." She looks around, then says, "Would y'like to sit with Zolomon while I go do that?" After the leveret nods, the Runner gathers up her papers and quill and now-capped ink pot and puts them in a messenger bag at her feet, letting her sister hold onto her pencil and paper and dolly. Standing, Felicity puts her sister on her hip, the messenger bag over her shoulder, and takes the empty plate to where it goes. After dropping it off, she walks over to where the Privates are. "'Ello, you 2. I say, would you be alright watchin' my sistah for a few minutes while I get more papahs for my reports? I shouldn't be too long." "Ands I pwomised to be goods!" Julia nods. At a couple of nearby tables, some of the other Privates and Recruits are watching, many of them whispering among themselves.

Zolomon frowns, then seeing the dibbun he smiles "I can watch her, she seems nice and quiet mostly, she can help me cheer up Private J"

Jacenta blinks and smiles slightly, she waves to the dibbun hare and sighs a little "Least she has someone still, some of the young ones don't now, wot is gonna happen when the others get back?"

Felicity smiles sadly. "Thank y'so much, Zolomon." Setting her sister and the messenger bad on the seat opposite the Healer, the Runner adds, "Aye, an' I do m'best. I wish our families would quite dyin'.....'tis the 'ardest thing I know." Giving her sister a kiss on the head, the Corporal jogs out of the room. "I'll be right back! You be good, Julia!" "Kay, Lissie," the leveret replies, not looking up from her picture. "I'sa drawin' der mountain!"

As soon as the hare maid is out of the room, a Private at one of the nearby tables snorts. "Look at 'er, thinkin' she's all that, wot! Y'know, she an' I joined the same day as Recruits, and who should get promoted before me but the den mothah!" "Aye, she's always  draggin' 'er bratty sistah around everywhere." "Who does she think she is?"

At another table, a Recruit stands up, pointing a quivering paw. "Whatch yer mouth! Both m'parents died at Redwall, so I...I'm left raisin' my 3 youngah siblin' all by meself! 'Tis a duty as important as the Patrol!" "Yah, who asked you?" More hares start to stand and shout, some of them with food still in their paws.

Julia looks up, appearing slightly frightened. "Why dey bein' mean to my Lissie and shoutin'?" She asks the Privates at her table, eyes wide, a worried look adorning her face.

Zolomon frowns "Ummm....I don't know."This is one of those times it be great to see a higher up hare, but Zolomon will still try and help as he stands slowly"Ok Ok all, let's just be calm and eat lunch. A lot has happen lately and..well..we just need to try and get along"

Jacenta looks over at the couple privates starting to argue and sighs, she frowns as one of the younger hares tosses a scone and it bounces off another hare's head. Her ears droop little as she watches. She lost her brother so she knows how some of the hares feel, but arugeing is not the answer.

Another scone goes flying through the air, then one of the Privates who had said mean things about the absent Corporal glares at Zolomon. "Y'just takin' 'er side 'cause y'like 'er!" The Private grabs a slice of pie and chucks it at the Runner with excellent accuracy!

Julia gasps and ducks under the table as another slice of pie flies in their general direction. Tugging her drawing supplies and the messenger bag under with her, she watches, her eyes wide.

More food starts flying through the air, the Recruits and Privates yelling at each other. A tart, still in its pan, zooms towards Jacenta's face, and a hare maid trips and falls, her cry cut off as a sandwich smacks into her cheek.

Zolomon sidesteps and frowns "Now now, no throwing food and one should respect their leaders, she is an officer ya know"

Jacenta is not as lucky and gets a face full of pie as she wipes it off and grabs the roll she has and starts to throw it, but sits it back down as she looks at Zolomon as if he knows what to do in a case like this.

Julia has grabbed a table knife and slips from one table to another. The mean Private scowl, picking up another plate of food. "She's nothin' but a goody-2-shoes den mothah who needs to stop bein' so stuck up! I should've been promoted afore 'er!" He throws the plate of sandwiches at Zolomon, then leaps around yowling when Julia stabs his foot with her knife. "No say mean things 'bout my Lissie!" As he gets hit with more food, the Private tries to grab the leveret, who scrambles away and hides behind Zolomon. A scone goes to bounce off Jacenta's head, and the hare maid who fell is sitting on the floor crying.

Zolomon frowns, "Whoa whoa no stabbing a foot paw.....and no trying to grab the dibbun!" He holds up his arm and blocks the plate of sandwichs as they fall to the floor and he frowns.He clears his throat "Show some respect Private..I am sure thar was a good reason for a promotion, they don't just happen ya know..respect ya commanding officers" He picks up the plate, yes he has shield now and goes to check on the hare maid that is crying, at the same time he makes sure Felicity's sister stays behind him."You ok lass?" TO either he asks this really.

And Old..moody..grump old Former Major Pete comes into the room, he is retired but still around, he grips a cane "Wot be all de darn screaming and yelling about ya young-----"And his foot paw hits a bit of fruit and he goes flying across the room and onto his back with a groan, yeah he ...won't be much help now.

Jacenta gasps and is unsure what to do that, she isn't about to get into trouble and quickly goes under a table to try and stay clear of the madness as she frowns and looks to the doorway. The mountain is so low on officers it would seem and then she sees the old retired Major Pete fall onto his back and frowns, she braves the food fight and quickly goes to check on the old hare.

The Private would say something, but his wide-open mouth get filled with a plate full of pudding, and so he's a bit unable to. Julia, grabbing her art supplies and dolly and stuffing them in the messenger bag, drags it all behind her, waving her knife in the air. "But he saids bads things 'bout Lissie, an' you s'possed to pwotect you fam'ly! AH!" A plate full of sandwiches hits the leveret in the back of her head and she goes sprawling, tears pouring down her cheeks. The hare maid on the floor grabs a sandwich and throws it at random, unwittingly sending it towards Jacenta and the old retired Major. "NO.....I want m'mum back, but she died at Redwall, an'.....and I used to make fun of Felicity, but now that I'm in charge o' m'siblings, too, I don't want to anymore." As food continues to fly, the shouts increase, with curses and mean words echoing off the walls of the mess hall.

Zolomon frowns "I....you knowwhat I bet Felicity could help ya with the younger ones and.."And he looks around his eyes wide "Oh..boy."Yep it's a mess in here alright "Well this is..interesting, wot"

Major Pete groans "I should hit ya ALL with me cane..should lock ya all in a room..."He shakes his head "I be fine lass..."He shakes his cane at the privates food fighting "How dare ya treat food like this!" And he falls backwards again and falls to the floor knocking himself out as one of the recruits frowns "Is he dead?" He looks worried. The retried Major isn't dead, but he is knocked out.

Jacenta takes a pulse and about the same time a scone hits her forehead as she frowns, she does answer the question "He isn't dead but he is knocked out and will have a very bad headache when he wakes up"

And at this very moment who should come in but Felicity herself? She opens the door with one paw, her other arm filled with sheets of paper. She looks up just in time to duck a flying pie. Gasping, she looks around, taking the scene in. Noting that she's the highest ranking hare in here who is currently awake, she yells as loudly as can, "I ORDER ALL OF YOU TO SHUT UP AN' STOP THROWIN' FOOD, WOT!" Almost all of the hare shut up, but that one Private shouts, "Yeah, an' who gave ye that right? I don't 'ave to listen to YOU, you're just a Corporal!" "'Is Lordship Ciocan 'imself promoted me, an' if y'don't listen t'me right now, so 'elp me, I'll go get the Brigadah 'erself an' tell 'er whot you lot 'ave done to the mess 'all, wot!" That shuts up the last few arguers, and as silence, broken by some sniffles and Julia crying, falls upon the room, the Runner marches over to her little sister and scoops her up in her arms. "Zolomon, Jacenta, what on Eahrth 'appened in 'ere, wot?!"

Zolomon frowns "Well one private said one thing and then another said something ta them and they started throwing food and plates and such, I told them they should respect ya Corporal but they said no and old Pete came in and umm..well he's unconscious now."

Jacenta is beside Old Pete "He will be ok but I'll need to get him to the infirm and most was throwing around food, and wouldn't stop at all."She frowns and looks at the old unconscious hare on the floor and frowns, he likely will march out of the infirm once he wakes up but ....so goes life.

Julia has recovered from her fall enough to have wound down from crying to sniffling. "Dey said bads things 'bout you, Lissie, so I stabbed him in da foots." Felicity purses her lips as she looks at the Private her sister is pointing to. "We are th' Long Patrol, lads and lassies! We can't be fightin' amongst ourselves. 'Twill only make us weak, and then our enemies will be able to defeat us." She shakes her head and nods to the Healer. "Do whatevah y'think is best, Private Jacenta. Private Zolomon, I could use ya 'elp writin' up a report of what 'appened in 'ere. 'M gonna hafta give it to.....um, well, somebeast. The rest o' you lot! Go 'it the showahs, then go do drills 'till, um, y'superiah officahs get you, wot!" There is much grumbling, but the ones who did the food fight comply, filing out of the room. The hare maid on the floor stops in front of the Corporal. "We.....we make fun o' you a lot. An' 'm sorry. I now know what it's like to be in charge o' your siblings an' in the Patrol

*The hare maid on the floor stops in front of the Corporal. "We.....we make fun o' you a lot. An' 'm sorry. I now know what it's like to be in charge o' your siblings an' in the Patrol, an'.....'m sorry...." she runs out of the room, and the Corporal breathes a huge sigh.

Zolomon looks around the room "They should jolly well be made ta clean up this mess, wot" About the same time Old Pete wakes up with a groan and sits up slowly. "Clean the room with small bushes I SAY WOT!!" His voice echos and he holds his head, yep one very bad headache.

Jacenta frowns, "Please take it easy sur"She says when the old hare sits up and she looks around with a frown and back to Felicity "A..report?Umm...well Thar is General Quinten, Major Varus and Major Jinora...think the two Majors are in Halyard, something about someone getting hurt real bad."

Felicity winces as the old Major shouts. "Aye, of course, Sah! I say, when the 'Ealers say you're fit for leavin' the Infirmary, y'should absolutely go make those miscreants come back in 'ere and clean up this mess, wot! You're the perfect best for it, Sah." Julia drops the messenger bag, and there is the crash of shattering glass as it falls onto the ground. A huge ink stain starts to spread on one side of the bag. "Oh no, mah reports!!" The Runner kneels and opens the bag, groaning. "Now I 'ave to redo 'alf o' these! AND 20 more. AND the one about what 'appened in 'ere! I think I'll give 'em all to General Quinten. I think 'e'll be th' most understandin'...." "'M sowwy, Lissie." "'Tis okay, I know y'didn't mean t'drop it."

Zolomon frowns, he is not sure about reports, will he have to do one too as he sighs "I should.....ummm...well, lunch is sort of ruined"

Old Pete snorts "All those privates need a strict lecture they do..they need..."And he is quiet as he seems to have forgotten "Why am I in 'ere again ya young wipper snappers....disturb me sleep...."He limps out of the room.

Jacenta reaches over and then just sighs and gives up as she stands up, "Wot do we do now..?"

Felicity watches the elderly Major totter out of the room and sighs heavily, pulling out what she can salvage from her bag. There's most of the reports, a book, her sister's stuff, and a set of quills that can be saved. "Well, Zolomon, y'get to earn 'ow to write up a report by makin' the one for what 'appened in 'ere! You, too, Jacenta. Let's go to the library. I'll tell another Corporal whot 'appened so they can go keep track o' those nitwits." Carrying the clean stuff in one arm, she makes Julia carry the messy messenger bag while she carries her.

Zolomon groans and goes to follow. Writting reports? He didn't have to write reports in the Defenders, "Ok...will do" He goes to follow, better time to learn than any.

Jacenta nods, she has written a report once, another time she just told someone and got out of writing one. Being a healer she keeps records or what happens in the infirm and that is, sort of like reports.

Zolomon does learn how to make a report, but does he write it...nope. He tells Jacenta he will take care of it and then heads off to find Quinten and just SPEAK the report to him. So much easier..right?

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer