Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-27 04:37:04 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Training Drill aftermath (LP log)

Immediately following this log: http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=939 ...Well, a few hours after it, anyway...

SCENE: Salamandastron Recreation Room

CHARACTERS:
Hares: Varus, male.  Dominik, male.  Jinora, female.  Felicity, female.

LOG:
As has become the custom as of late, the Recreation Room is relatively quiet. At this time of the day, especially, when the majority of hares that /do/ remain are off in training or Patrols - one such exception is newly minted Major Jinora. The hare is in uniform at the empty bar, scribbling through another round of scrolls, crafting a set of orders for a colonel's approval. She hardly looks pleased about it - but she hardly looks pleased about anything these days. A small sniff of a harsh, brown liquid rests beside one paw... The hardest lesson of leadership she has learned thus far, is that there is little to no such thing as 'off duty' for her, anymore.

It was immediately after the newest bout of training exercises, and though most of the hares would likely be grumbly and exhausted...nope! Not Dominik! The hulking hare ducks into the rec room with a huge grin upon his face, an expression that wasn't the norm but had begun to appear a little more as of late, for whatever reason. He whistles a cheerful tune as he strides into the room, giving a pleasant nod over towards Jinora, "SAH!" before he wanders over towards one of the comfy chairs. Pausing in front of it, he puzzles over how exactly to sit without being uncomfortable. He rubs his chin with a paw, hmmming softly as he examines the piece of furniture.

Varus wanders in after Dom, looking rather chipper himself. Nothing like a good training drill to get the blood pumping. Plus, he'd momentarily forgotten about Felicity's extremely rude little sister. "Aftahnoon, Jinora."   

Felicity enters next, sweaty and nasty. She sweats more than some other hares, so she tends to look more nasty than she really is. She isn't too tired, being in better shape than some of the other hares, but she'd still like to sit for a little bit. But juuuussst as she's entering the room, a Private stops her! Saying something about something. The Corporal, still in her now-sweaty uniform, looks confused. "I don't bloody care. Put it wherevah. I don't think it actually 'as a place where it goes." The Private nods, salutes, and leaves, leaving the Runner looking bewildered and slightly discombobulated. "Whu?"

"Private." The Major grunts, her quill pausing only briefly as her gaze flicks towards Dominik. She looks back down, adds her own terse, angular signature, and caps her ink before considering the hulking buck. "Are ye waitin' fer it t'give ye an invitation?" She asks him, a smirk twisting at the corner of her muzzle before she gives Varus a clipped, respectful nod. "Varus." She greets. The young doe sits up straighter, a small counter against the self-conscious weight that has plagued her since her bittersweet promotion. It is hard to feel deserving when something such as that comes on the back of tragedy and necessity. Another nod is awarded to Felicity, and the Major wrinkles her nose into a knowing smirk at Varus. "Surprise drills, I take it?"   

Dominik reaches down and lifts the chair he is examining, peering down at it as he turns it this way and that. Hmmm, how to fit himself on here? He perks his ears to Jinora's snarky comment, looking up at her with a surprised expression. "Can do dat?" he blinks. "Give invitations? Is special chair!" Eventually it ends up upside-down and back in the spot where he had found it, and Dom merely gives a shrug. "Is fine with standings," he mutters, before the grin returns. As he is followed in by his fellow patrolmates, Dom gives a nod to them all. "Vas good day, in training rooms today yes? Nothink broken, equipment or patrollers!" The large hare beams from his proud accomplishment.

Varus quirks a brow at Dominik. "She were merely jokin', Lad..." He shakes his, muttering under his breath, before his attention is captured by Jinora again. "Oh, aye. Gotta whip th' sorry wimps inta shape, wot. I want them ta be completely fit ta fight by th' time Lord Ciocan returns. Private Dominik here is quite th' promisin' Patrollah, I think. Th' Patrol needs more hares like 'im... I'm thinkin' we need ta send Monty up North..."

Felicity also did a fine job, having shown up the majority of her fellow Patrollers on at least some level.  The haremaid shakes her head and walks over to Dominik.  "Aye, 'tis always good when we don't 'urt each othah, wot!"  She sits in a chair next to the one he flipped over.  Looking around a little, she 'erms'.  "Per'aps.....uh..." yeah, can he sit anywhere?

"I will give 'im th'prerogative." Jinora agrees with a smirk. "Dunno if th'garden is enough t'keep much more a -" she nods at Dominik "-/that/ fed. Careful what y'wish for." She makes a point to move her work aside so that there is more counter space available for the others, though she hasn't rolled up and put away everything yet. As the Private and Corporal debate how best to recline Dominik's seemingly impossible bulk, she swallows what remains of her drink and reaches over the bar to help herself to a re-fill. There isn't a 'tender on duty.

Dominik was quite aware that Jinora's jibe had been a joke, perhaps he needed to work more on his sarcasm tone so he didn't give the impression that he is rock stupid. Ah well, just another way to throw others off their guard! The buck leans on the upside-down chair, gaze falling upon Felicity as she joins him. "Is good. Prefer to stand. Ven sit too long, legs get sore. Need to stay limber. Muscle not get cramp." There is a method to his madness, apparently. To Varus's compliment, the large hare cannot help but grin, ears waggling in appreciation as it is quite obvious he is pleased with the praise. "Is much thanking, sah, but Dom not do anythink others not doing." He shrugs. "Dom is big, give advantage, but others learn to be effective, too. All have talents, is just needing to find, is all." Dominik smiles. "Vould be glad to help ven can."

Felicity shrugs. "Well, I c'n see that sort o' reasonin'." She scowls at the Major's lack of praise for her. She did better than /almost/ everyone else, especially those prissy little brat maids who mocked her before they started the drill. She hopes they cried their makeup off. Sighing, she adds, "I wish more beasts were as eagah to 'elp as y'are, Dominik. Life would be easiah if they were...."

They aren't in her unit, nor was she present for the training exercise, so Jinora's own praise or otherwise does not come. Instead, the Major gathers up her scrolls, confident that the ink has dried by now, and deposits them in her bag. "I've go' some ordahs t'delivah an' a strike team t'be approved... If ye 'ave anyone in yer unit wi' skin thick enough fer an investigation int' some superstitious mattahs, please let me know." With that, Jinora deposits her empty glass on the bartop and makes her leave. "Private. Corporal." She offers to Dominik and Felicity in turn as she exits.

Dominik gives a shrug of his shoulders. "Is nothink, vant to help as much as can, is bad situations in Mountain now, is understood." The buck gives a nod towards the departing Jinora, apparently showing interest in what she speaks of judging by his expression. "Goodbye, sah!" he replies with a salute as she leaves. "Vil help vith this...investigations...if need help!"

Varus nods as well. "I will see wot I can do..." He turns to get a drink for himself.

Felicity completely missed everything the departing Major said because just before she exited, some of the aforementioned prissy brats had entered with some of their equally bratty friends. There was a pause in their conversation, then a mention of the Corporal's name can be heard, a fit of giggles following. The Runner sets her jaw, mutters, "'Scuse me," and walks calmly out of the room, ignoring the thinly-veiled cruel comments aimed at her back. She leaves with her dignity and a stinging heart and instead goes to find her sister.....

~*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-10-30 05:41:28 PM)

Board footer