Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-24 06:54:08 AM

KenyaAndJacenta

Creepy Things Are Outside At Night-LP LOG

Who:

Jacenta- Healer/Private in Long Patrol

Zolomon- Runner/Private in Long Patrol

Monty- Fighter/Private in Long Patrol

Log:

Zolomon shouldn't of went on a walk, it only made his legs more sore, he still needed some rest and going out to soon made him ill and now he is stuck in the infirm, also chowing down made it worse too.

Jacenta frowns as she walks in to check on beasts in the infirm. The last 2 days have been horrible. She learned of her brother's death, and then seen strange fox ghost creature what evers and the large bird didn't help at all. She some reason went back to the tavern, well least she didn't have to walk back home alone but she is still jumpy, still depressed and when she tried to sleep she had a nightmare. So she is making a tea to help her sleep, and quietly looks to see whom is here, likely only 2...maybe 3 hares.

Zolomon looks over at the hare maid and clears his throat "Hey....lass, you ok?"

Jacenta frowns as she finishes making the tea and sips it "No...I am not ok, my brother is dead. There is..creepy..things on the beach and I had a bad dream last night."

Zolomon sits up slowly "Creepy things?"

Jacenta shrugs "I..I don't know..creepy ok, and thy like to laugh like it was funny to scare beasts. I think they eat birds, hopefully not hares"

The infirmary, Monty's favorite place in the world! The young hare had been brought up to the infirmary after the incident on the beach, his injured ribs bandaged and most of the raven blood cleaned from his fur. Upon finally regaining consciousness, he was given a change of clothes as his previous ones were soaked with blood and covered in sand. Presently, the small buck sits huddled up on a cot near the back corner of the room, his ear(s) folded back against his head, his gaze hollow as he stares ahead at the wall. A light frown sits upon his muzzle as he mutters very softly to himself, though what he is muttering is difficult to hear.

Zolomon frowns "A lot can be creepy if it was say...nighttime lass."He glaces over at Monty and frowns "Wot bally well happen to him?"

Jacenta goes to check on Monty"A bird landed on him and then the creepy beast tried to kill him and Quentin, but Quinten is ok...or maybe it just wanted the bird I don't know...ok."

As Jacenta gets closer to him, she can hear Monty's voice, low but audible. "...bird. BIRD. Bloody bird. Blood. Bird. No." The buck continues to stare straight ahead, something within his eyes a little off kilter. Eventually, he turns his gaze to Jacenta and merely stares at her, head tilting just a little as a smile crosses his muzzle. He chuckles very softly, his ear perking for a moment. "You saw it, didn't you?"

Zolomon frowns "A bird attacked some hares?" He speaks "When was this?"

Jacenta nods "I saw the bird yes, and..the , what ever it was with it."She frowns at Zolomon "Before I went to the tavern, tis one reason I didn't want to travel back alone when it was dark outside."

Monty turns his gaze towards Zolomon, "Not attacked." He shakes his head slowly, the smile still present which is a tad unsettling given the situation. "Fell out of the -sky-. Like a fish on a hook. A bloody FISH. Birds...should not be like fish." The hare turns back to Jacenta. "You know what it was. It was THEM. It was IT." His voice turns colder, as does his expression. "They are out there. Still out there. They don't want the birds, anymore."

Zolomon tilts his head "Ok..he seems to not like birds and is the bird dead or alive, if its dead then tis not a worry, right lad?"

Jacenta frowns, she looks at Monty "Them who? And yeah the bird was dead but not the creature...or creatures that took it away, they are clearly alive"

Monty shifts a little, wincing at the pain that sears through his chest from his bruised ribs. "Mmmmf. Oh, it's dead. And if not...ow....it's likely wishing it was...." he chuckles dryly. "I don't think...it's the bird we have to worry about, though. Not...at all." He lifts a paw, rubbing his temple as his eyes close, the frown returning to his muzzle. "THEM. The foxes. You saw the dagger hit it. He just stood there. He LAUGHED. Not alive. NO one could be. No one WILL be. They'll be here soon." He sinks down a little lower on the cot as his energy lulls a bit, an eye peeking open as he stares at Jacenta.

Zolomon frowns "We are likely safe here and..trust me lad I seen worse than half dead foxes, but I am not gonna repeat wot I saw, your..the hares here will learn soon enough what his Lordship sent in some scrolls for me to deliver"

Jacenta frowns "There has been..like foxes with their fur falling off...ghosts or something creepy and they laugh even more creepy like, they also don't seem afraid of the long patrol, least that I have noticed"

Monty turns his stare towards Zolomon and grins at the other hare quietly for a few moments. "There are things...worse than death, sah. SO much worse." Shaking his head at Jacenta, the hare chuckles softly. "Not ghosts. Ghosts...don't get stabbed. They CAN'T get stabbed. He bled. He bled...but DIDN'T CARE. Ghosts...don't bleed. Ghosts...don't kill the birds. Don't drag them off into the dunes...." The volume of his voice rises with each word. He seems to pause to think about something briefly, voice calmer..."They DO disappear though. They probably laugh, too. Hmmm." Monty is acting reaaaally weird tonight.

Zolomon frowns, "Maybe....the fox is just...had a healer nearby?"

Jacenta frowns, "Monty has a point, ghosts DON'T bleed..so maybe they are just insane foxes that somehow have more than one life or like a lot of blood, they are still creepy and I hate the dark now thanks to them, you would have to see them to..to understand"

Monty cannot help but burst into laughter at Zolomon's comment, immediately regretting it afterwards. "AHAHAHAowwww...." He winces heavily, leaning forward and clutching his middle. Tears welling up in his eyes, the hare leans against the wall as he waits for the ripples of pain to subside. "No healer." He inhales sharply, voice strained. "No healer...could help them now. Ow." Monty shakes his head slowly, "You...you don't want to see them. You don't." The buck closes his eyes, head resting against the wall. "Cursed. They....are CURSED. They won't die. They won't."

Zolomon says, "Everything dies somehow...."He grins as seems unworried right now "Let me fill it full of arrows, bet it dies then lad and it would be fun.""

Jacenta shrugs "Arrows might anger them or go through them for all we know, I mean it's...odd it had two daggers in it and laughed about it, the one fox, if its a fox, was insane"

Monty falls silent for a few moments, head resting against the wall as he attempts to catch his breath. "Is a fox. Was a fox. Has to be. Won't be hurt...by arrows. Doesn't care. Took a dagger...to the chest. He didn't CARE. Can't fight them." The buck shakes his head. "CAN'T. Will end up like the birds. Dragged away, into the dunes. Will be GONE. No traces. No....traces..." He chuckles softly. "Blood. Blood, everywhere. Mine, yours, hers, theirs..." He lifts a paw and nonchalantly waves it around. "Everyone's."

Zolomon frowns " Ya know lad you can jolly well focus on other things. nice things like friends or...pie, think about pie or a happy tune"

Jacenta says, "focus on other things, how do we do that when....depressing things are happening, what if all the hares die?""

Zolomon lays down and sighs, he then hums softly a nice tune with a little bit of a beat to it, he smiles at them "Happy...see....think of butterflies and your fave food and hum a happy tune, focus on positive not negative "He yawns, tried and he then soon falls asleep.

Monty turns his gaze towards Zolomon and stares at the other hard incredulously. He doesn't reply to his words, watching as he ends up falling asleep. Pointing a paw in his direction, he looks over at Jacenta. "He has no idea," he replies, his voice eerily calm. "Nooooo idea. At ALL. None." The frown returns to his muzzle, as he attempts to sit up a bit more. "Butterflies, gone. Food, happy tunes, all gone. Thinking positive?" He laughs again harshly, this time not caring about the pain that explodes in his midsection. "He's out of his bloody MIND. He didn't see. None of them have seen. But you have. -I- have. Quinten....he has. All of us have."

Jacenta frowns “I don't know it's just been a bad past couple days....”She glaces at Zolomon and shakes her head “And he can sleep somehow, wot  ever...I need sleep let's hope it comes...try and have a good day”She walks on back to her own bed, more cozy than the infirm, yeah its further away but it's closer.

**The creepy things are mentioned A LOT more in this list of logs  http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=892 ***

Board footer