Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-16 10:44:14 AM

oz

New Recruit-LP LOG

who:

Ciocan-Badger Lord

Sinway- Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Hanzi-New Recruit for LP

A couple spoofed LP hares and a healer

Log:

Ciocan enters the infirmary quietly, wearing a simple tunic and still having the bandages from the battle but his main goal before he is checked is to check on any hares that are still in the infirmary up here. Going from each one and spending a few moments in chat before going to the next hare and then sitting down on a large cot himself.

Sinway is sitting up in his bed looking rather bored, giving the badger lord a quick nod in greeting as he enters but other wise doesn't speak to him while he goes to check on the injured hares

Ciocan starts to get up to go over to Sinway when a healer stops him and he sighs sitting back down, after a few moments he is allowed to go on over to the otter, "I can see why some dislike de infirm, how are you doing Sinway?"

Sinway gives a big and overly dramatic sigh "Bored out of me mind mate.A body goin' to go stiff just layin' around like this and healer said it be at least another week before I am even allowed to walk and only in short burst and I better have a cane." He gives another much more realistic sigh "But if I don't want to have a limp fer the rest of me life I needs to stay put......can't imagine not gettin' to seem ever again."

Ciocan nods,"One of my hares may end up with a limp. Healing sometimes takes time and a lot were wounded..some more badly than others, some came out of the battle with not many wounds at all. How is Kenya doing by the way I know she was at camp but was gotten out just in time"

Sinway shakes his head "Not just in time mate, from what I understand she was in camp when it all happen and she only be alive because of the efforts of private James who dead and Zolomon." He frowns "I haven't had a time to see her really, it would seem when she can come visit, is when I am asleep thinks to some of the herbs I have been given to reduce pain." He sighs again looking away towards the door "I should of been there.I  shouldn't of left the camp and left her."

Ciocan speaks "We can't control what happens. You could of been slain. I heard bits and pieces mainly an ambush that no one saw coming and that half were ...dead before there was time to react. I had a couple scouts check on the camp, the hares that died there will have a special marker made and I know a memorial will be here on your abbey grounds for all who have died. I spoke with Zolomon briefly and some with Private Ewan on what happen at camp."

Sinway balls up his fist "But we should of thought about it....how could we not of, of course a army of hares wouldn't be able to slip through what was mostly vermin control territory unnoticed." He frowns and sighs shaking his head "Sorry I have just had a lot of free time to think."

Ciocan nods "It is alright..anger...sadness, some denial are all parts of something like this and don't worry I will not ask the child for her details of what happen I can only hope she is alright."

Sinway nods "Good, because I wouldn't allow it, don't care if ye be the badger lord or the leader of me clan, no one will ever make her relive that." He leans back against the wall "Heard there was a candle lighting the other day, sadly I missed that or even know it was happenin , not a lot of news is delivered up here."

Ciocan nods, "It was a nice quiet service, some music and quiet song to remember those whom have passed, a few moments of silence as well."

Hanzi is looking around, mainly cause he is bored..mainly cause the abbey is interesting, and there is nothing to do but voices interest him as he peeks inside. His eyes widens when he sees the badger and walks the rest of the way in "Oh...my...."He seems to have trouble breathing but it passes, "Your him or maybe your not him..the one hare said you weren't talking to no beast but clearly you are talking right now and...oh my your..tall like very very tall and I am standing here and..this is not happening I mean of course its..happening." Over excited much?,,Maybe.

Sinway nods attempting to stretch his arms, which causes him to wince a little before turning to the door and the some what excited hare which causes him to chuckle "Was not aware of a hare in this abbey that didn't know ye was the badger lord Are ye a new visitor to the abbey mate?"

Ciocan slowly turns and glaces at the hare, he chuckles a little "Well Hello. First I must ask who you are and I have not been avoiding any beast."

Hanzi salutes and smiles " Hanzi Conrad Firepaw Jackson..sur..and..and.."A deep breath "I want ta join the Long Patrol. I have heard of it since I was younger and wanted to travel thar but.."He frowns "I didn't get a chance and then this horde and slavers came..."He stops and talks again "I want to jion and help make sure slavers dont happen again, I want to learn to stop them and maybe be a hero some day and save beasts and..and just be..someone, please please...I want to join I don't have much skill but I am very willing ta learn sur."

Sinway chuckles sitting up again before looking over to Ciocan"He seems eager enough.....and sadly ye do need more hares now."

He then looks to Hanzi "And yet another hare with a long name, what is it with ye hares and yer long name, Sinway Streampike, short simple, me name and clan name......but I get off subject, how old are ye Hanzi?"

Ciocan looks at the hare, he waits to speak and then clears his throat, "This is a lifelong comment and not to be taken lightly, the life of a long Patrol hare is not always easy, it evolves a lot of hard work and skill learning, training not easy either..it can be hard and I have seen some quit in the middle of it. Are you still serious in joining up?"

Hanzi nods "Yes...I..I still want to.."He looks at the otter " 6.5 seasons old sur...and I like me name me.."He looks away "Mother gave it to me.."He looks back to the badger lord "I have no family if your gonna say ask them next..my father died in a fight with..with the slavers and me and mother were taken and enslaved, she died in slavery before I was rescued by some beasts and then I heard the Long Patrol were here and...and I came right away when I knew it was safe to and seeked either you or a hare out. To join up..and..and I can handle hard training...trust me"

Sinway yawns and lays back down "Well he seems eager.......twas nice meetin' ye Hanzi good luck, and was nice talkin' to ye again Ciocan do come up and visit more, as fer me I'm goin' to go back to sleep."

Ciocan gives the otter a quick nod and looks at the hare, a long silence as he thinks and studies the young hare before an answer"Alright..recruit, welcome ta the Long Patrol. You can report to Sergeant Tarsa and let her know you join. We leave the abbey in a little over a week's time, so be ready for a long march as I do not know yet if there is a boat or not, I have heard there may be but don't be planing on a boat ride, either way there is still marching, now excuse me I need to let Tarsa know we have a new recruit.." More like warn her your coming to find her.

Hanzi smiles and jumps up and down "Oh I thank ya I thank Ya I..I mean"A salute "Thank ya sur, of course sur!"

Ciocan looks back at the hare and chuckles, yeah he needs to let Tarsa know there is a new recruit and he slips out the door quietly.

Last edited by oz (2018-10-16 10:45:35 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer