Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-12 11:23:29 AM

oz

Oz Wakes Up!- Redwall Log/Fate of Marek

Oz has been in his deep faint for almost 3 weeks. He worried a lot when he had the fever but that finally broke and left, he then started showing small signs of waking up the past like 3-4 days but had yet to really fully wake up. It would seem he missed all the chaos, maybe he heard some of it from the window but it's not a for sure. There was some finger movement, and once his paw moved but now finally a weak groan and his eyes slowly opening, he blinks a couple times and pain and the fact that of course he can't see tells him right away he is fully awake now in the here and now. Some wounds have healed now so pain isn't as bad as it could be, but there is still some pain.

A soft, quiet chiming sound echoes down the corridor and then stops outside the door to Oz's room. Opening the door and poking his head inside is Benar. The Abbot looks tired but otherwise unharmed walks in carrying his tall staff of office with the silver bell hanging from it. He is accompanied by Ciocan, the large Badger Lord has to duck to get inside the room and he is wearing a simple tunic and bandages for his injuries.

"Thank you for letting me come in Benar," The badger rumbles in his deep voice as he moves to stand by the bed.

Benar sighs and smiles, leaning on his staff, "You are welcome, but well Oz has not stirred in several weeks now..." He sighs, "Angela and the other healers have done what they can but all we can do currently is hope."

Oz eyes closed for a few moments till voices, one of course he knows and the other he doesn't as he tries to mutter something and coughs, dry throat most likely as his sightless eyes open again. Well he is awake, tries to say something and coughs again.

Benar turns at the coughing sound and moves to the side of the bed, the bell on his staff jangling

"Oz... Oz are you awake?" He moves to grab a pitcher of water off the table and pours a glass, holding it to the badger's lips, "Here.. take it easy and drink."

He looks out the door at one of his guards, "Go and find Sister Clementine, tell her Papa Oz is awake," The guard nods and hurries off as Ciocan steps up next to the bed.

"Well this is a good omen clearly, welcome back to us Papa Oz," He rumbles in his deep, booming voice, "It is gladdening that you have returned."

Oz takes a few sips of water, and finally speaks, "B..Benar....your....ok.."He coughs a little as he becomes more awake and aware of anyone else in the room, a voice he doesn't know "W..who else is in the..the room?" His voice sounds weak but he is talking now and clearly completely out of his faint.

Benar holds the cup, helping Oz to drink and then holds one of his large paws. The abbot seems close to tears with relief at Oz having woken up. He lets Ciocan speak for himself however.

"It is just me Ancient one," Ciocan rumbles in a soft, quiet voice, taking the badger's other paw and squeezing it. Letting Oz feel his giant sized paw compared to his own, "Ciocan of Salamandastron, I hear you are worthy of any number of accolades in fighting the vermin and defending the weak."

Oz takes a few more sips and listens before he speaks again "The...Badger Lord...."He frowns, he knows he was in some sort of very deep faint but how long? "How..how long was I....last thing re..remember the insane marten....she threaten the..dibbuns, and Kenya and..was going after Benar..."He coughs a little, most likely too much talking just yet as he is still very weak.

"That Marten is gone," Benar says quietly, "Either dead or fled  I do not know which but you are safe... but you have been asleep for a few weeks Oz... you were badly injured when they attacked."

Ciocan squeezes Oz's paw, "Indeed it has been some time I am told. but the Long Patrol is here now... though it cost us dearly the Abbey is secure and safe once more. Peace can return to Mossflower."

Oz weakly smiles "Peace.....peace is good"He coughs a couple times. Its going to still be a while till he can do much and of course his other main concern "Dibbuns.....are ok?" He doesn't try to sit up, least right now .

"The dibbuns are fine Oz," Benar murmurs, "Krisha  has been looking after them along with the order," He glances at the Door as an abbey sister arrives and stands up. "We should let Sister Clementine in now."

Ciocan nods and squeezes Oz's paw again, "You rest up we'll talk more before  I depart for Salamandastron."

Oz nods slowly, "Yes....talk more later"

Benar leads Ciocan back out of the room and lets the healer take over looking after Oz, "Rest up Oz and be safe."

Oz nods, the healer tends to Oz and checks his pulse and breathing and anything else. She also asks a novice to get some vegetable broth and more water. Now Oz just has to slowly get his strength back.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer