Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-10 05:33:48 PM

oz

Just Talking with new and Old Friends-Fate Of Marek Tp/Redwall Log

whom:

Gorvenalus-Recorder of Redwall Abbey

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall Abbey

Kibou-Healer

Log:

Gorvenalus sits in his chair looking over a log entry and sighs as he leans back in his chair.

DoraRose comes out of the kitchen, balancing a tray on her hip, holding it with one paw as she uses the other to hold on to the sandwich she's eating. Spotting the beaver, she walks over to him, sits in a nearby chair, and balances the tray on her lap. "I missed lunch," she states simply. "Too busy guarding the walls."

Gorvenalus nods slowly "The...horde is getting more active...they tried to harm the champion..shot at her twice, she is fine thanks to some armor she had on just a bit of a graze of an arrow."

DoraRose has finished her sandwich and has moved on to a bowl of soup. "Yeah, and a dumb assassin got in and tried to kill her. He met the blade of my ax." Yeah, talk about killing people while eating. Perfectly normal. "I REALLY wish I could get a hold of Ormaz. With him out of the way, the horde would just LEAVE, y'know." She sighs into her soup, and steam rises up into her eyes.

Gorvenalus frowns "He is dangerous, its best to let others fight him. I do hope he doesn't get in but I fear...I fear he may well get inside soon, we may want to be ready. I will offer my healer skills if needed since.."He frowns "Since we are...lacking in healers now...its in the logs as I try and keep them up-to date best I can. I just hope we do not lose anyone else....someone is still in a faint, but has improved some as well."

DoraRose sighs and sets down her almost empty bowl. "Aye, I heard. Rafeal's death has hit my grandmother hard. I think she kind of liked him, as much as she likes anybeast...." she trails off, thinking of the conversation she and Angela had on Saturday. "....I'm sure she would greatly appreciate any help you could offer, Gorvenalus. And don't you worry about me," she adds, drinking the rest of her soup. "I can be pretty dangerous, myself, as Ormaz will see if he ever gets in here." She sets the little bowl down and picks up a pasty. "Even if I die, I plan to take him out with me." Glancing up at the Recorder, she adds in a much softer voice, "We can't have peace without death and sacrifice from those of us willing to protect it."

Gorvenalus frowns as he seems to remember something and closes his eyes, he is quiet a long while or seems to be before he opens his eyes again "I would just like some good news, not..bad news."

DoraRose notices his pause, but decides to leave it in peace unless he wants to talk about it. Instead, she continues to eat, finishing her vegetable pasty and moving on to another pasty, a couple of scones with jam, and a small salad. She has just picked up the last thing on the tray, her dessert (a cookie), when he says his wish. Looking up into his eyes, she smiles softly. "Me, too. I wish I had some. Maybe here....in a few days...." She looks away and nibbles on her cookie. "I had a dream a few nights ago where Ormaz was dead and we were all okay. Maybe that dream will come true. I hope it will."

Gorvenalus says, "It..sounds good and good usually wins over evil in the end one way or another"

DoraRose sighs. "Aye....but sometimes I fear that one day, the evil will be too strong, and all that is good and beautiful, all the light and hope in the world, will be snuffed out, and we'll fall into an abyss." She glances up, a sheepish look on her face. "I'm not the most cheerful person. I.....I do hope for peace and good things, but.....I try to fight my fear." She sighs. "Maybe that's why I'm a Warrior. I can't stop fighting to keep that fear from becoming reality."

Gorvenalus says, "I..I know fear, I have felt it before and even lost hope but it came back. I was..a captive for nearly 6 seasons..7 maybe, I don't remember sort of lost track of time. I was mainly a trophy of sorts to Quade and he almost had a 2nd one ""

DoraRose's eyes harden, but her voice remains soft. "Aye, I remember him. He had my daughter captive....she still has nightmares about it." She sighs and eats her cookie in its entirety. "I wish life wasn't so hard...."

Gorvenalus says, "It could always be worse...the day Quade's horde..attacked my abbey, never will forget that day...no warning either..there was a feast..the winter one in fact..it even snowed that day""

DoraRose looks up at the beaver. She should be getting back out onto the walls, but......what if this is their last day alive? She wants to connect with her friends as much as possible, just in case. "I bet that made his betrayal even more painful."

Gorvenalus nods "It...did. He was a friend or so we though. we were celebrating the birth of my grandson whom was born maybe a couple weeks before that, Minsc was so happy...he had gone up to the infirmary to check on his mate Alice she was our Master Healer, she was a little late to the feast...."He frowns "Quade...walked in said he has something important to discuss, by all means do say what I had told him.....a toast to a good feast day, I..did not take a drink of the ale I thought I ...it was odd I thought something like..a fire maybe but no smoke, it..it came..soon though"

Gorvenalus frowns "Coughing...the elders..the drinks wee poisoned and in my shock I dropped my mug, Quade just had this..smile and said he had friends, suddenly the room was full of his horde..so many died and then smoke and panic..I later learned his horde had set fire to the upper rooms of Wilowbark..the master healer and 5 others were killed before this..so many died that day..me and Minsc was taken captive and forced to watch it..burn"He fails to hold back any tears.

DoraRose sets the tray to one side, then slips to the floor and goes to take the beaver's paw, the way her daughter would. She looks into the Recorder's face, her eyes full of compassion. And just listens.

Gorvenalus sniffs, he lets her take his paw, "He took us..away and the snow came....it wasn't till seasons later I learned 15, out of almost 700 beasts survived..including my grandson Chip...Quade also took out half of a seal and sea lion camp, but they fought back and he ran off with me and Minsc..took out complete a couple small villages and then came to your abbey...it was when he tossed an unconscious Benar into my cell that I knew something had to be done..I managed to escape barely and warned your abbey I am glad you listened as I would not of wanted the same fate here or ever "

DoraRose nods and digs a nice clean handkerchief out of her pocket. She hands it to the beaver. "You were very brave, and you saved my daughter, as well as who knows how many lives. Everybeast is in debt to you, even if they don't realize it."

DoraRose is kneeling on the floor beside the beaver's chair, dressed in her black leggings, boots, and tunic. Her weapons are put away for now, but she will go back out on the walls with them soon. She is holding the beaver's paw, looking up into his face with a look of compassion adorning her own.

Kibou walks in slowly and stops "Am I..inturping I can go elsewhere"

Gorvenalus nods, he glaces over and speaks "You are not friend, we are just chatting and chating helps sometimes when thinking of past events"

The Warrior mouse turns to the mole and smiles. Standing, she sits back down in her chair and waves him over to join them, picking up the tray that the dishes from her meal are on and shoving the whole thing under her chair, out of the way. "Come, join us. I don't believe we've officially met. I'm DoraRose Strongheart, Gatekeeper of Redwall."

Kibou says, "Kibou....traveling healer....yes I must seem odd, but it is ok as all are different, I was just raised by voles..not moles"He chuckles a little "And even though I have digging claws don't expect me to..well dig, one never knows what is underground and its dark""

Gorvenalus smiles "Making friends is always nice, friends are important and maybe you can stay here at the abbey, I am sure some will stay after this horde leaves and they will leave I have faith they will and hopefully soon"

DoraRose raises an eyebrow, but says nothing about the mole's aversion to digging. "Well, that's okay. Welcome to Redwall. Everybeast who is good of heart and who comes in peace is welcome here." She settles deeper in her chair. "Healers are always welcome. My grandmother, Angela, is in charge of the Infirmary at this point in time. You can talk to her, but I highly doubt she'd turn you away. She's stern, though, so keep that in mind."

Kibou nods and frowns "I...was on your walltop when...."He shakes his head "The vermin outside they...they want in badly and seem to want to slay us all"

Gorvenalus says, "Lets not think on the horde, there is so many other things to think on in life than the bad....we are all alive, we all have friends, the sun though the stained glass is beautiful, is it not?""

DoraRose sighs slightly, but goes along with the beaver's wishes. "Aye, and Rafael isn't in pain or anything.....once the danger is gone, I am SO going out into the woodlands to enjoy the last of the Autumn leaves. Hopefully by then Marek will have brought my daughter back from their trip, and we can go out and help gather herbs for the Abbey, and maybe for Ferravale."

Kibou says, "Some herbs are needed and maybe more so after this...yes leaves many colors to see and pretty. Also we can gather what ever harvest is still able to be gotten and stored""

Gorvenalus smiles "I do like the leaves this time of the year...maybe make a pile of leaves to jump into...what an old beast can still have fun"

DoraRose chuckles slightly. "Aye....y'know, we didn't have many trees where I grew up. I don't remember ever jumping in a pile of leaves....." she drifts off in thought, looking at the floor.

Kibou says, "Jumping in leaves is interesting..maybe do the leaf jumping sounds interesting"

Gorvenalus chuckles and smiles"Yes, any age...almost any age can jump in the leaves..maybe we can get Angela to do it too"

DoraRose snaps out her reverie with a shake of her head. "Aye....maybe when this is all over, we can do that." She stands and retrieves the tray from under her chair. "I need to get back up to the walltops. I hope you 2 have....well, as pleasant of an evening as possible. It was good to meet you. See ya later." She walks to the kitchen, then out to the walls. Back on duty, trying to guard against the fear and the enemy. She won't let them win.

Kibou says, "I wonder why beasts find it so interesting  to jump into piles of leaves, I never liked it and tried i couple times.""

Gorvenalus shrugs "I am unsure, was mainly willow tress , so the name Willowbark abbey near my old home so I never got a chance to do it...there was something called cliff diving ...into water, that was fun"

Kibou says, "Why purposely jump off a cliff into water for, sounds..dangerous"

Gorvenalus says, "It was fun and it was not very high and the water was there, now if one couldn't swim yes it would be dangerous then"

The beaver excuses himself as he did promise to help Angela have some time off from infirm duties.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer