Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-01 02:47:58 PM

oz

A Badger, A Rat, And A Fox In The Marketplace

==This happen in The Ferravale Marketplace, It has my rat Patch! ==

Despite the recent snow fall the crowds are hardly deterred from the Ferravale Market Place. The square is in in full swing even as beasts work hard to find places to shovel snow too. It's a busy day for the guard and even Bandit finds himself out on patrol. Although his reasons are more for his own benefit as well. He finally managed to work off most of his unhealthy gut and he is determined to keep it off. It was no easy feat when there were so many food venders here selling their wares. The un-swift fox whines to himself as he parades himself down the walkways dressed in his chain mail tunic and clutching the hilt to his broad sword tightly.

Patch has decided to walk around the market place of Ferravale, he slips behind a rat and manages to slip a coin pouch off their belt while the rat looks at some dried meats on a stick, after getting the pouch Patch walks away towards a stand with some silver and gold chains.   

The head guards stomach growls as he walks past the same meat vendor. Clutching his stomach tightly Bandit turns his nose up at the delicious smell of cooking MEAT. The fox in doing so though catches sight of the rat's rather...questionable line of work in progress out of the corner of his eye. In a crowd this size it really was just pure chance that he caught it.   

Bandit's ears flatten in anger, but he also smiles grimly. The rat is providing him just the distraction he needs from his own woes. There is surprisingly little to do as a head guard beyond paperwork. Aside from the occasional tavern brawl (or hostile takeover / assassination) few were bold enough to steal in a city with the threat of tossing thieves to the chieftains pet snake was a viable punishment.   

The fox begins walking briskly towards the rat. He leans against the jewelry vendor with his arms crossed, "Looking for something for your girlfriend mate?" He says in a happy tone.   

Patch looks over at the fox and rolls his eyes "No..whats it to ya what I am looking at." Well no way to steal a chain now as he just looks at the different  bracelets "Yeah this are boring..."But there is a fancy dagger that isn’t boring on the edge of the table, for now he just plans.   

His plans may have to wait, the guard doesn't seem to take the hint to get lost. "Oh! Would you look at that." The fox reaches out, picking up an ornate silver necklace with a metallic knot at the bottom, "I wouldn't recommend these. I tried to give one to a vixen a while ago...didn't take it too well." Bandit slides juuuuuuuuuust a little closer. "But as you said, you are shopping for yerself. Hmmm," He rubs his chin, looking the rat over, "I don't think Gold and Silver is your color. Have you tried Iron? The guard makes the most lovely iron bracelets for /thieves/." The fox leans in, eyes narrow with a  wide toothy grin as he just growls the word to the thief.   

Patch backs up and glares at the fox “Who ya calling a thief fuzzy? Maybe you’re a thief, who is ta say." He goes to slip further away from the fox if he can, but this isn't a good stand to have something..accidently get bumped into to spill all over the street.   

The fox's grin fades a little as he is called a thief. "Well, I have been called worse I guess. I'm NOT a thief. I'm Bandit!" He pauses, realizing how that sounds, "It's...never mind. It doesn't matter. I'm the Head Guard of Ferravale. Don't you turn away when I'm talking to you rat!" The fox reaches out to stop Patch, trying to grab him by the shoulder!   

Patch goes to send the fox a kick to the leg before he goes to rush off into the crowd knocking down a couple ferrets who cuss loudly as he tries to get to another area of the market and hopefully out of sight for a while.   

The Head Guard yelps as he goes down to one knee. He is quickly back up though, limping along, clutching one leg as he hobbles after the rat, "STOP! Stop you mange furred little cus!" When people dare get in the fox's way Bandit draws his blade. Suddenly beasts are making a path for the Head Guard, desperately trying to get out of his way as he brute forces his way through the crowd. "Stop! Stop in the name of 'do what I say or I'll drop kick you into last week!'" Beasts hardly ever stop in the name of the law...   

Patch chuckles as he manages to get away, he slips behind a tall marten and then makes a bee line towards the center of town where he has more room to run   

By the time the fox spots the rat Patch has quite the distance on Bandit. He begins to chase, but as it becomes clear there is no way he is going to catch up to the thief the Head Guard begins to slow down to a brisk walk. He's already starting to breath hard from even this small sprint. "You can't escape forever!" He shakes a fist at the fleeing rat. Growling he sheaths his blade. "I'll get you yet...just you wait." He says, turning for the guard shack. He's actually happy the rat escaped. It gives the fox the excuse to focus on other than paperwork for the rest of the afternoon...   

Patch seems happy he got away and now has some gold to spend   

Patch had a good day yesterday and is  once more to try and rob a beast of something, he has already taken an apple that seems to not be missed so far as he glances around the market place this late morning time.

Takeo has decided to get a better look at this village and has found himself in the market place. He has his thick winter cloak on, a cloak not made of anything common either as he stops by a stand that has some peppers and goes to get a few. After a while coins are traded for the peppers and he nods his thanks.   

It's just another busy day in a the snow covered markets of Ferravale. Walking lazily through the streets, twirling a billy club in one paw is Bandit. The swift fox has elected to take on more walking patrols in an effort to keep himself trim enough to still be able to fit into his chain mail armor. The jelly filled pastry he snacks on as he walks doesn't quite help with that though.   

Patch doesn’t see Bandit, but he does see the beast in the fancy cloak and chuckles to himself as he walks over quietly, stopping to look at a table with some pots and pans first, yep just a normal shopper here.   

Takeo smiles "This is very much interesting than where I am from" The ferret rolls there eyes and seems bored, the badger shrugs and hums a soft tune as he looks to see what else is in this market place.

Bandit stops dead in his tracks. His eyes however are locked upon the badger rather than the little rat whom he has yet to notice. The foxes experience with badgers has been hit or miss lately. As in they tried to hit him and missed. The last one tried to kill the village champion, and the one before that tried to tan his hide. Bandit gulps, could this be...could this be a friend of Krull?   

The fox shakes his head, laughing nervously. He's just being paranoid, yes, that's it. Slowly, cautiously Bandit begins to walk towards the badger, billy club no longer swinging but held tightly behind his back.   

Patch frowns when he sees the head guard and cusses under his breath and bumps into a cart of pears and they spill everywhere and a couple beasts fall face first in the snow, the rat quickly backs into the crowd as a "My pears!!" is heard.   

Takeo gives a chuckle to the ferret and looks at a stand with some necklaces "Oh ...how much is..oh?" He looks to see the pears roll around and blinks "Well someone is having a bad day yes?"   

If not yet...they will be soon. The fox's head snaps around to the commotion the rat causes. His eyes widen before they narrow. Ears flat and with a terrible growl Bandit shouts, "YOU!" All heads turn in the market as if being personally addressed. Bandit wasn't the most terrifying beast, he was short and fat bellied. But the crowd parts as the snarling beast barrel's through it. "HALT!" He shouts again and points to the offending rat, either by accident or design tossing the wooden billy club at Patch.   

Alas his aim is slightly off, and the club sails for Takeo instead.   

On the bright side, Bandit didn't toss his sword...   

Patch eeeps loudly and ducks, and most likely further helps the path of the club, he tenses up and waits for pain that doesn't come, he opens his eyes and looks around and behind him to see where the club did go.   

Takeo looks towards the voice just in time for the club to hit his shoulder and knock him backwards. He starts to regain his balance and his foot paw finds ice and he crashes backwards to the street and lands with a low groan and a paw holds his shoulder as he takes a couple deep breaths, yep that hurt but it's luckily not broken, but will surely be bruised fairly badly later on.   

Paw still out stretched Bandit twitches an eye and an ear at the sight of the badger going down. "Uh..." He glances about. Everyone's eyes are on him now. "Um...good catch! Citizen! Really good catch with your...shoulder....sorry." He says before turning his attention back to the rat. "You! Rat! Get your mangy tail over here. Don't make me throw something else at you...cause I'm all out of billy clubs..." He draws his broad sword this time and everyone in the market suddenly ducks.

Patch chuckles "Yeah like your sim is that good fat fox." He then sees who was hit and starts laughing like it’s the funniest thing ever, "Way to go ya hit a stripedog!"   

Takeo slowly sits up and scans the area, his eyes land on Patch and then he sees Bandit, he is helped up by a stoat who points at Bandit "He hit ya...it was him" The badger nods and starts walking over towards Bandit as the crowd just parts for him, a clear path right to Bandit.   

The fox, blinded by rage for the rat doesn't see the badger until it's too late. He growls deeply, winding up his sword before chucking it at the spry and agile beast. "We will see how bad my aim is you mange filled street ra-" Out of the corner of his eye Bandit catches sight of the badger. He suddenly regrets tossing away his weapon very, very much.

Patch barely sidesteps the blade, it lands in the snow with a clank, the rat just smirks and grabs a pear off the road and sits down to watch what he hopes is some funny stuff, well funny for him anyways. He takes a bite and just grins.   

Takeo stops beside the fox and clears his throat "You...hit me with your club and that was not very nice sir fox, one should be careful" He doesn't sound too happy but he keeps his low at a fair level and he doesn't growl, yet anyways. "Perhaps you will explain your aim please?"   

The fox doesn't reply at first. He closes his eyes and gulps before turning to address the badger. He may be a badger but the fox is still the head guard! That...counts for something right. "M-my..." He pauses to cough into one paw and steel his voice, "My apologies sir badger. Twas just collateral damage in pursuit of a wretched little thief. But you seem to have survived soI'lljustbegoingonmywaynow." The fox's bravery seems to slowly ebb away until he turns briskly away from the badger, trying to walk towards the rat.

Patch stays where he is, he is not to concerned the fox will make it to him as he takes another bite of the pear, he looks to a ferret "I bet ya 50 gold they need a new Head Guard after this afternoon" The ferret nods "Ok then.." The rat just smiles.   

Takeo narrows his eyes and then just snorts, "Make sure is not happening again then" He doesn’t like foxes too well, the only other one he saw almost killed his mate by the river. He decides to go back to looking at the necklaces, the club is still on the ground as no one picked it up just yet   

Which, in lack of badger maulings upon the fox, means that Bandit is free to pursue his original goal of going after the offending rat. "You will DIE NOW!" The fox shouts before 'mouse poucning' at Patch. Lunging into the air and coming down at him with his claws. His teeth are bared in a contorted growl.   

Patch closes his eyes and waits for what he believes is the yelp of a dying fox, he opens his eyes to see the fox leap at him and screams, he goes to sidestep out of the way and his leg is caught.   

Takeo glances over after buying a rather nice looking necklace and places it in his punch at his side. He studies the rat, ok why is it sort of familiar to him   

The fox has him! He tightens his grip on Patch, trying to get his free paw around to grab him by the back of the neck and pin him to the snow. "You're MINE now you little runt of thief!" Ha! Now Bandit has a reply to all those who thought desk work had made the fox soft! This will show them! This will show them ALL!   

Patch tries to get loose, even goes to kick backwards at the fox as he is pinned down, “Let...go ya fat fox!...Your lucky I can't reach my dagger, you would be in pain then!!"

Takeo walks over slowly and blinks, "Wait you is rat...the rat from the river and the road, you found out where the one fox was"   

The fox let's out a grunt of pain as he is kicked squarely in the gut but he keeps a tight grip on the beast. Trying to keep the beast pinned to the ground Bandit reaches for Patches dagger, "Why thank you for letting me know yer armed. Heh heh, if you like the food of the market you will just LOVE jail house food. I hear they make the gruel from the left over market slop."

Patch cusses again as his dagger is taken, he also has a couple throwing knifes and a stolen bracelet, and that pouch of coins. Also some now stale rice cakes and scones   

Takeo frowns the language this rat knows, he looks at the fox "So what will happen to the rat?" His shoulder still hurts by a lot, but it has eased some as he places a sprinkle of some sort of herb into his water canteen and takes the last few sips of it.   

"Oh don't worry your pretty little badger head about dis one." After taking out a pair of iron cuffs Bandit tries to shackle the rat's hands behind his back before lifting him to his feet. The process of disarming Patch is a lengthy and...quite honestly harrowing experience as the fox continues to draw out a seemingly un-ending supply of knives and blades. "He'll be well taken care of. We only feed the finest prisoner meat to the villages pet snake!" The fox laughs. Ok, so the rat is due just a few weeks in jail but he summoned the ire of the head guard. No reason he can't let Patch sweat a little over his potential fate!

Patch starts to panic now as he tries to kick his way free, and he turns to see the badger "Hey help me! I won’t make good snake chow, do something slap the fox...get me some help! I know beasts here...save me!"   

Takeo was never one to interrupt the law, but the rat did help him once, well sort of helped and he also had to be helped on that boat. He sighs as he is not sure what to do "I am not being sure whom to ask"   

"Of course you won't make good snake chow. That's why we have spices!" There is a particularly nasty cruel streak in the head guard which causes the fox to smile. One that fades when he is kicked in the shin. "Hey now! That's enough of that unless you want me to drag you there by the scruff of your neck." He goes to shake the rat before leading him away by the shackles. Bandit pauses to stoop low to retrieve his sword. "Or perhaps you would like to forego jail completely..." he says darkly as he grips the blade.   

You don't need to be a mathamition to put that 2+2 together...   

Patch starts shaking, he doesn't want to die, not like this, he looks at the badger pleadingly for help, his eyes beg for help. He gulps "Jail is good, jail is great those nice iron bars of grey"

Takeo starts to step forwards and then thinks better of it, Zinnia would so have a fit if he punched someone of a high rank out cold, then again he isn’t from around here and he seems to be debating on whether he should of not.   

And then just like that the moment to save the rat passes. "Sorry again Badger for the uh...club innocent. I'm sure a little flesh wound won't keep you down long though. And as for you..." he shakes the rat again, dragging him off to the guard shack. "Come along. Best not  be late for your 'dinner date'." Bandit cackles, shaking his head. "Dinner date. Oh Bandit, ye still got it."   

Patch frowns as he is dragged away and watches the badger, his head then lowers in defeat...well he is sure he will get free, somehow   

Takeo blinks, well he can't punch a guy that says sorry "Ummm...ya be forgiven....oh wait!" He frowns and sighs, ok he has to find who is in charge of this place, he glances around and then heads to the center of town so maybe he can help the rat after all, or maybe not....depends on if he finds someone in time.

Patch meanwhile is placed in a cell, and then groans as he remembers, he also owns someone 50 gold, then again if he dies he owes  no one anything!

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2017-02-01 05:47:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer