Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-04 05:43:22 PM

oz

A Failed Assassination Part 2-Fate Of Marek TP LOG

*Right after this one, so happen ICLY SAME DAY JUST HAD PART 2 TODAY tongue ****

*** http://forum.rwmuck.org/viewtopic.php?id=871  ***

Matilda paces on the walls and watches, the abbot is now safe in the gatehouse as she looks at the horde below and grips the blade she carries.

Anatole is up here helping as well, he has a sling and keeps an eye on the vermin below"What do we do now, its like they are..waiting for something to happen"

Safely hidden among the ranks of the horde, Ormaz consults with several of his physically strongest, if not smartest, warriors. "It is time," He hisses quietly, "To bring the hammer." One of the beasts, a rather dull-looking fox, shrugs. "Boss, we can't beat em with one hammer. The walls is too big." Ormaz lashes out suddenly, his sharp claws gouging into the fox's muzzle. The fox lets out a high-pitched shriek and stumbles back. "The ram, you idiot! The ram. That's what you lot are bringing up," Ormaz snarls. "You will be covered by archers on your approach to the wall. You will use the ram and break down the door. Do not mess this up, or you will pay dearly." With that "encouragement," the ram carrying team sets about readying a massive ram that had been hidden behind the ranks of the horde and covered with tarps.

Mergleton scans the area and notices the approaching number of horde beasts approaching with a battering ram. "This is a mite concerning, gentlemen. Perhaps it would be helpful if I were to obtain a device I made specifically for this occasion" He attempts to depart but is stopped by the puddles of mud left on the steps by many who have trudged forward and instead decides to yell down at a fox, badger and three otters who were having a picnic nearby. "Excuse me, gentlemen. Would you be so kind as to retrieve the large wooden crossbow from my caravan? I will of course pay you handsomely for your services and you would be saving your home from certain destruction. This is a win-win for you, yes?" He shoos the group off with a dismissive paw. "Well go on, come back as soon as you can. The fate of Mossflower in your hands so we appear to be in a bit of a rush, I would aid you but I would appear to be stuck here at the current moment"

DoraRose comes barreling out of the Gatehouse, buckling on her sword(less)belt and somehow managing to cling to her ax at the same time. Dashing up the steps, she runs through every puddle, not noticing or caring as her boots splash mud at Mergleton as she runs by him. Coming to a stop beside the Champion, she says rather breathlessly, "Sorry I took so long. Benar almost got killed?" She peers through the rain at the maneuver the evil horde at her home's front gates is doing, scowling. Does she seriously need glasses? Everything is terrible.

Matilda frowns her concern is where the horde is and she nods"Just make sure he stays in the gate house, if he comes out make him go back inside, tie him to a chair if you have to, he stays inside the gatehouse for now."

Anatole frowns as he keeps the sling and pebbles at his side and just keeps an eye on things best he can.

Jora is nearby, watching the horde beasts and frowns. Her wing is a little better and she is only flying a very, very short distance right now.

The ram trundles forwards, tail-length by tail-length. As Ormaz told its crew, archers are now forming up in its wake, a hail of arrows quickly being loosed in sequence towards the walls in an attempt to keep the defenders' heads down. Emyuil Half-Rat arrives on the ramparts just in time to nearly get a new notch in his ear from an arrow as it whizzes past. He curses quietly and moves over to DoraRose, gazing down at the advancing ram as if his murderous glare will be enough to stop it in its tracks.

Mergleton winces as he is splashed by mud upon DoraRose's arrival, as he wrings mud out of his robes he ducks an arrow fired in his direction and turns towards her. "My apologies miss for being in your way, though I do suggest you move when the crossbow arrives". His annoyance can be clearly seen, but he chooses not to take it out on the mouse maid, instead firing his own personal crossbow towards the vermin that dared to strike him, ending the lizard's life with a single shot. "It may take up a considerable portion of the wall"

The Gatekeeper eyes the fox oddly. "Um, okay, I'll make sure to do that." She ducks and goes to pull her brother and the Champion down below the battlements with her. "Aye, if he so much as sticks a whisker out the door, I'll go down and tie him to a chair. He'll be fine tied up for a while." She may or may not be fully serious. It's hard to tell. Nodding to the fox, she adds, "I'm DoraRose Strongheart, by the way. Gatekeeper. How big is your crossbow, exactly, and how did you get it in here?" Might as well mention her name now since one or the both of them might be dead later. She leans her ax against the wall of the battlements where she can easily reach it, unwinds her sling, loads it, whirls it, then pops up and fires, quickly ducking back down again. A scream can be heard from below as her well-aimed stone socks a rat in the eyeball. Unfortunately, he wasn't one of the ones carrying the battering ram. But he is one of the archers, so there's that.

Matilda listens but her focus is the horde below, if some need to move , well she hopes they move then.

Jora looks below and then makes a quick dart to the wall tops, an arrow barely misses her as she gulps "Oh dead, oh dear.." She looks below and back and forth "So many many of them, yes yes"

More arrows continue to rain down from beyond the ramparts, and the ram continues its steady advance. Ormaz, perhaps foolishly, has moved up slightly into the middle of the horde rather than at the back where the ram started. He's almost utterly assured of his victory, and he wants to have a good view when that gate breaks...

Just as it feels that Ormaz's victory is assured, the loud sound of wheels on grass can be heard as Mergleton's hired crew can be seen by those on the wall and nearby pushing Mergleton's Giant Crossbow across the abbey grounds, and it is indeed massive in size, so much so that even the badger seems to have a bit of trouble pushing it, nevertheless the device reaches the abbey wall and the crew manage to just barely lift it up the stairs on to the ramparts, from which it can now clearly be seen and begin loading what appears to be a large metal rod designed to fit inside the confines of the bow. "Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you my Siege Buster Mark III...patent pending" As the beasts load the bow he smiles down at the vermin forces who are now noticeably afraid at the largest weapon they have ever seen in their lives. "This device is capable of firing large projectiles capable of stopping any battering ram in it's tracks, this'll stop that scoundrel's siege posthaste. Though I admit it takes a few moments to fire". Indeed it does take a few moments as the crew finish loading the "bolt" and aim it towards the battering ram on Mergleton's orders. The bolt sails through the air with a nearly deafening twang that is sure to disturb all around it and then slams into the ram with a bone chilling crunch sound leaving sizable chunks of battering ram strewn about as the once mighty siege weapon is effectively torn in half. "One of these and I'm afraid our foe shall have to return another day if he wishes to conquer your fair abbey. I do say I am quite proud of my little invention"

DoraRose looks at the ginormous crossbow.....and just stares. "Holy...." She certainly gets out of its way when it gets up here, and as it gets loaded, she peers over the ramparts, a wicked grin replacing her shock as she realizes what happens. And when it does happen....well, it puts her back into awe for a few minutes, but then's up on her feet, ax in one paw as the other points at the points at her enemy. "OH! Ohhohoho!! You just got BURNED! You couldn't take over an antill! You ain't got anythin' on us!"

Matilda blinks at the..whoa that's big as she moves a little as does a couple other guards"Well..that's..interesting." Ok slight shock and then she is over it and keeping an eye on things going on, or doing her best to.

Anatole blinks "That thing ....could do a lot of damage"

Jora stays where she is, its safer where she is from both ends of the fighting and she glaces at the bell tower, maybe she could fly that direction, maybe.

Emyuil laughs with his sister, raising his black sword with a mocking grin. "Did you really think we'd let you get that far? Did you?!" Ormaz, for his part, seethes with rage and disbelief as he watches his plan quite literally blow up in his face. His archers do their best to pick off the crew of the ballista, but it's useless.

Mergleton loads another bolt himself as he helps the crew by creating more targets and lowering Ormaz's chances of picking off the entire crew as a result. Though he puts himself in more danger, the fox remains calm as he can't help but grin menacingly at Ormaz down below. "I do believe that you are quite finished, Mr. Redthorn. Though if you need another demonstration I shall be glad to provide one". As another bolt fires it destroys what is left of the ram leaving it nothing but mutilated bits of wood pulp on the ground before slamming deep into the earth with a thud. "I do believe this is the part where you retreat and plan your next vain attempt at conquering the walls, though I suspect you won't have much luck the next time either. When next we meet I shall look forward to taking part in ending your existence once and for all, good day"

DoraRose laughs maniacally as she loads a stone into her sling and starts picking out creatures in a straight(ish) line from the front rank towards the stoat leader. She may not be able so fire stones that far, but she's not above scaring him even more. "Hey, Ormaz, we're gonna have cookies to celebrate this victory! Would you like some? I can make some /special/ ones JUST FOR YOU!!" She eyes the ballista a little as she loads her sling again. She kind of wants one now..... She fires, this rock aimed towards the stoat himself Although he may be too far away now.

Matilda takes a deep breath and watches the horde for their reaction, she grips her blade tightly.

Ormaz knows when to admit defeat, but he is not happy about it. "So be it, fox. But this is not over yet. I will end of all of you...THIS PLACE WILL FEEL THE WRATH OF ORMAZ WHEN I BURN IT TO THE GROUND!". As he orders the retreat, a few vermin are picked off by DoraRose's sling, but Ormaz himself manages to escape unscathed. Though Mossflower has won today, the war is far from over.

Last edited by oz (2018-10-05 03:24:15 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer