Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-28 09:26:03 PM

oz

We Are Family:Redwall Log

A good song to go with this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXse0e-EzkI

Redwall Log
Oz-Papa Oz and Bagger mother of Redwall, Caretaker of the dibbuns
Xander-Oz’s nephew and son to Zinnia and Takeo
Zinnia- Sister in the order and mate to Takeo
Takeo-Mate to Zinnia, he is also a healer beast
Rayen-Healer fox
Tanya-Dibbun Beaver
Spoofed infant badger twins
Spoofed novice healer

Rw Abbey:Infirmary Recovery
---------------------------------------------------
This comfortable but spartan room has several small alcoves lining the wall.  Infirmary bunks with resting and recovering patients lie in these alcoves, each cordoned off with a gossamer drapery of linen for privacy.  The room is lit with oil lamps and the pleasing warmth of a small hearth fire.  This room is kept quiet, except for the occasional snore, hacking cough or sniffle of its sleeping infirmary occupants.
------------------------------------------------------

Xander is still here looking rather bored that he still can’t leave the infirm as a novice healer walks off, the badger snorts and mutters something.

Oz lets the healer pass as he comes in to visit Xander "Still in here then? I am sure they have their reasons" His voice is calm.   

Xander sighs "It’s my arm and shoulder, not my legs that’s injured, I have things to do and not be in here"   

Oz chuckles as he finds a place to sit "You sound like your grandfather, he disliked infirms"   

Xander frowns “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" He asks and seems to think "He...died before I came here didn’t he?"   

Oz frowns "Yes, yes he did...I think he would of liked you though. He died a couple weeks before your mother went to Salamandastron, took her awhile to get over it, but she did with help of family and friends, same as anyone can over such things and with time"

Xander nods "Mom spoke of him a couple times. I..may of saw him, when I was....after that fox stabbed me, he was by these gates and wouldn’t let me in, told me to go away and wasn’t my time." He tries to think" Had really crazy head fur and sort of unkept in couple other places too."   

Oz is quiet as he listens, "You...did see him" He then smiles a little "Most likely wise to listen to him. So why the rush to get out of here anyways?"   

Xander sighs "Uncle Zee's ......well guess it was grandfathers blade to begin with, or well he had it from a Powell, you and Grandpa Zork’s father, and ....then before that Powell’s father..Darien....and before that  Powell’s  brother made it for him, Soot....so yeah Soot forged the Blade of The Northwind Storms. Uncle Zee held onto it a couple times first when Powell died and that was till Grandfather Zork was of age and..earned the right to wield it, and recently he had it waiting to …..till I earned the right to wield it"   

Oz frowns  remembering all the beast mentioned, though he never meet Soot’s brother Darien. “I see Uncle Zee made you learn the history of the blade" He chuckles  as he does remember a happy moment "I remember him trying to teach Zork...your grandfather, he didn’t listen right off and one day  he did....I never was interested in weapons, though I did learn to use a staff and am fairly good with one, but only used as a weapon as a last resort..only, then try to knock an enemy out"   

Xander nods" I know...Uncle Zee mentioned it, only fight if you have to and not to....look for trouble" He frowns "I sort of did when I saw the fox grab mom and followed it"   

Oz nods "Well you did help rescue her, she may not of been found if you didn’t follow"   

Xander frowns “I didn’t help...the fox almost killed her and I got angry and charged him and he almost...nearly killed me"   

Tanya sneaks into the infirm and peeks at Xander, "Bad fox" She says quietly.   

Oz listens as he has yet to learn Tanya voice and foot paws "Hello young one, visiting Xander?"   

Xander glances at the beaver and frowns, who is this kid anyways. He rolls over carefully to face the wall as he tries to ignore the beaver best he can   

Tanya frowns and looks to Oz “Why he looking at the wall?" She asks and answers the question "Yeah I visit cause he my new big brother, Zinnia adopted me" She tilts her head "Where is babies at?"   

Oz listens as he smiles "So your Tanya, Sister Zinnia mentioned you and the twins are asleep as it is late" He chuckles "Shouldn’t you be in bed as well, everyone else in the abbey is sleeping, just you..me and Xander are in here and awake, other beasts awake are maybe a couple guards at the gates but that’s it"   

Xander just listens as the two speak to one another, he yawns a little and sighs" Why did she decide to start a family....what about me?" He turns to look at them, fighting back tears and his voice clearly shows this as well.   

Tanya shrugs and then blinks at Xander's question, "Mommy has you too silly..." She climbs up on the bed and if allowed goes to hug Xander “I love my big brother"   

Oz raises an eyebrow, "Xander...your mother loves you very much and left to look for you, she almost died. Yes she has Takeo and the twins but it is not some form of replacing you, she still sees you as her son, while you were in your faint she worried about you and had to be forced to get some rest herself, she knows you are awake now and was in here once while you were sleeping. The twins, Tanya, Takeo and you and your mother are all part of a larger family"   

Xander frowns “But...she isn’t staying in Mossflower, is she? I saw her briefly near Halyard, she was only coming to visit you and Uncle Zee and I told her Uncle Zee was dead and not even buried here, he is buried in Send. I don’t know her reaction I sort of stormed off and didn’t see her again till that slaver fox had her by the river and then close to the ditch."   

Tanya snuggles beside Xander and falls asleep.   

Oz sighs" It most likely was not the best way to find out as her and Uncle Zee was fairly close, then Zinnia is close to all her family..adopted or otherwise"   

Xander shrugs, he finally notices the beaver asleep beside him as he watches her sleep and decides she can stay there for now , "I..didn’t mean to upset her..I was just angry and hurt. She wasn’t here will I got back from being with Jedrick and then...then it just seemed...she wanted to forget life here and start a new one elsewhere"   

Oz stands and goes to hug Xander, he isn’t sure how to help him feel better. “I do not know what all you went through, but you are home now. I also do not know what all your mother went through before she got back home as well...Redwall will always be her home even if she does live elsewhere now. She will always love you no matter what...miles apart or close by, family doesn’t matter...family is always there for one another. You can be there for her as she needs you just as much as you need her as does your new sister Tanya, as well as your newborn brother and sister Zork and Northstar."   

Xander allows the hug and leans into it just listening to the words and sniffs a little" I..I want to see mom now can you please get her Uncle Oz?"   

Oz nods "Of course Xander, I am sure she wouldn’t mine being woke for this" He stands and heads out of the room to get Zinnia.   

A short time later After Rayen made sure Xander was alright she let some visitors inside the room.

Zinnia made her way into the infirm slowly, she had been doing a lot of sleeping the past couple days since her and Takeo's trip to the ship, in fact walking a lot was most likely a bad idea and she was carried half way back to the abbey. She felt better enough to come to see Xander. Xander asked for her and of course she came and Takeo stayed by the doorway and watched “Xander?"   

Xander looked over at his mother, beside him the beaver Tanya still was asleep so when he sat up he did so carefully, he was silent and then just opened his arms for a hug a couple tears going down his face.   

Zinnia didn’t waste time and went to hug him tightly, well not to tightly as to not injure him further, "Xander....what is it, are you ok?"   

"I..I love you mother, I am so so sorry I seemed so mean in Halyard , I..I wasn't thinking correctly. I am sorry..I....I do care, and I thought that fox killed you on the road, I was so scared and at the same time so....angry at the fox." Xander speaks barely holding back crying. “Please forgive me for anything I said or done that hurt you."   

Zinnia nods "Your forgiven son..." Takeo walks up to them slowly and stays nearby. Zinnia smiles at her mate and then turns back to Xander "I saw you meet Tanya...want to see your baby brother and sister?"   

Xander nods "Yeah.." He smiles "Big brother sounds....sort of cool"

Zinnia chuckles "And it’s an important job and has responsibility" Takeo goes to fetch them and brings the twins back in "Zork and Northstar are their names" He says quietly as he lets him see them. and maybe hold one if he wants.   

Xander smiles as he holds the little girl badger infant and smiles at her, he hands her back to hold the little boy and smiles "Hey...I am your big brother" He says to both of them, even kissing each on the forehead "And I will always be here to protect you from any dangers when needed, I am learning to be a warrior after all." He smiles "And family is important...right mom and...."He is silent as if thinking on his next word or words as he studies Takeo..."Dad..."   

Zinnia smiles "Yes" Takeo seems surprised and looks at Zinnia as she nods, he smiles a little at Xander "Right....son" He kisses Zinnia's forehead "Love you" She nods and returns the kiss "Love you too" Takeo smiles "I am so glad things didn’t turn out like they couldn’t of that day with the fox, losing you and the dibbuns would of been horrible as you and now Xander and Tanya...are my whole world"

Xander looks between them as he carefully holds one of the twins still, "I am glad mom is aright too dad...I heard Marek got her out of the ditch and helped her back to the abbey right before she had the twins and that Uncle Oz and Rayen helped when she had the twins"   

Zinnia nods "Yes that’s true and Takeo pulled me and Marek up from the ditch but Marek made sure I didn’t fall back in and held onto me so I didn’t go under the....ice again" She remembers her fear and then relieve from the save "Takeo, maybe he could be the twins Godfather" Takeo hmms "Perhaps we can think more on this later, you need to rest love before you do much of anything else, maybe in 3-4 days" Zinnia agrees to the rest "Yes dear"   

Xander smiles and lets Takeo take the other twin "I think he would make a good one, some don’t like or trust him but I do, he is a good beast" He then thinks on another thing "Also...if you guys are heading back to where you call home once Winter is over then...then I am ok with that and I could look after uncle Oz while you are away and we could keep in touch with letters....right?"   

Zinnia nods "Yes we could, that’s a good idea or if you like you can come too?"   

Xander looks between then "Really?" He then shakes his head "No...I am needed here, maybe another time I would of said yes in a heartbeat but I am needed here for Uncle Oz, for the defenders, to find The Blade Of The Northwind Storms and the abbey may need me too"   

Zinnia nods "And that’s fine, but we..Me and Takeo, Zork and Xander are here till spring and so is Tanya, unless she decides to stay with you, if she does you could protect her for us"   

Xander nods "It would be my honor to protect Tanya...now and in the future as well, if she goes back with you then till then, if she stays then always and forever till I draw my last breath will I make sure my little sister is safe"   

Zinnia smiles, she stands after giving Xander one more hug “You get some sleep and yes so will I....I will be in Uncle Oz's room, Uncle Oz is using your Grandfathers old room for now.." She kisses his forehead and then she and Takeo leave the room along with the twins.   

Tanya stirs and snuggles closer but stays asleep

Rayen comes in to check on beasts and nods a hello to Xander, checking him over and then offering a smile ”Still healing nicely, now rest either Brother Leon or Angela will check on you in the morning”

Xander smiles and lays back down so he can get some needed sleep as well.

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer