Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 05:01:53 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

The Rescue of Ace (LP/slight Fate Of Marek log)

CHARACTERS:  Ace, a male hedgehog.  Jacenta, a female hare.  Felicity, a female hare.

LOG:

ON THE WESTERN SHORELINE, NEAR SALAMANDASTRON

Ace has had a rotten past few months, an even worse past few days. He is not sure how he managed to get away, but he did.Getting to a lifeboat off a slave ship and having the boat sink is not fun. It was bad enough the ferret and a weasel tried to follow him, well they died and he took their weapon. He finally make it to the shore  on some broken planks, took a couple steps and then collapses onto the sand as sea gulls get interested and circle him as he groans... "Just...me...luck"

Jacenta walks along the beach and sighs, "Get the supplies...why me..note to self never look bored Gin.." She then gasps as she sees someone on the sand and carefully walks closer to bend down and check on them, she looks up at the gulls and frowns.Gulls are not something she wants to fight with right now.

Felicity is out on a walk.  She has changed out of her new Corporal's uniform into one of her casual outfits -- she's already tired of not only having the Recruits looking to her for orders, but now the Privates are, too!  The haremaid scowls deeply as she continues on her way down the beach, not noticing the plight of the others just yet....

Ace groans, yep this proves he is alive  as he rolls onto his back and looks at the hare, but he isn't showing signs of trying to sit up as he coughs roughly and frowns.His throat sort of dry and he looks ...well horrible right now.

Jacenta bends down and had started to take a pulse and blinks "Oh!" She gets her canteen and offers him some water "Here....drink, slowly chap.."She looks around for anyone else, signs of trouble or anything before its back to him, there is the gulls though,"Are you..able to walk any sir?"

Felicity's ears perk at the sound of talking, and she looks over at the hare and hedgehog before she walks over.  Eyeing the gulls, who are crying their calls as they circle, she unwinds her sling from around her waist, slips the loop around her wrist, and places a rock in the tongue.  "I say, what's 'appenin' ovah 'ere, wot?"  She swings her sling in a couple of lazy circles, ready to speed up and fire off the stone should one of the dumb sea birds makes a move towards them.

Ace frowns, he coughs as he drinks some much needed water and only manages to sit up. He tries to speak as one of the sea gulls start to dive at them but he is too weak to draw the dagger or sword he has.

Jacenta frowns and goes to move the hedgehog as carefully as she can to avoid a sea gull "Stupid...foul birds...I hate sea gulls"

Felicity speeds up the twirling of her sling and, keeping the rock in the tongue, goes to slam it into the gull's head, using her sling as if it was a flexible club. "Get 'im to the mountain as quick as possible, Private, an' I'll do m'best to keep the gulls away. An' I'm a Corporal, so that's an ordah, wot! You just worry 'bout 'im -- I'll keep us SAFE!" She whacks at another gull, shouting the last word as a battle cry. She should've worn her uniform. Curses on all the things!   

Ace manages to weakly sort of stand, a gull gets close and then another.  One gull sort of flips backwards and another stops only to circle again "Gullss...dangerous lass.."He coughs roughly and leans against the hare helping him out of the area, where ever that is he could care less just so its not here anymore.   

Jacenta nods, she would salute but she is using both paws to hold up the hedgehog carefully and then help him limp towards the mountain, she tries to keep focus and not look back towards where Felicity and the gulls are now, likely one could follow or they may all stay back there and she is clearly not taking any chances on it either way.  "Come on..sur..we can get you inside...and some propar help."

Felicity is backing up slowly, keeping up with the other 2 beasts and facing the gulls.  Whirling her sling, she keeps tabs on them all as best as she can, ready to smack any that get close again.  "'Ow on Eahrth can y'dumb birds be so /stupid/?"  She scolds them.  "'M threatenin' to beat y'brains in, an' y'just followin' along.  Not even vermin are that dumb, wot!"  Peering over her shoulder, the Runner makes sure she isn't about to trip over the beasts she's trying to protect, then turns back to her enemies.

Ace looks at the sea gulls, most are smart and one isn't that smart and still tries to attack the hares , while the rest of the gulls decide fish are more worthwhile for now.

Jacenta frowns and manages to go a little faster as she helps the hedgehog along and closer to the mountain entry "We are almost jolly well thar sur, and we can get you looked at..some food and water as well"

Felicity bares her teeth at the idiotic gull and goes to hit it over the head as hard as she can with her rock-filled sling!!  "Take THAT!"  Glancing around, she notices that most of the birds are gone and shouts, "Aye, tha's whot smart beasts do!  Run from tha Long Patrol!  We give nor take surrendah, wot!!"  Glancing behind her again, she says, "Aye, let's get 'im to the Infirm, an' then I'll make sure t'get 'im some decent food."  Keeping a lookout for more gulls, she goes to shepherd them into the mountain as soon as they can get there.

Ace looks ready to pass out again but stays awake.The one sea gull is hit and falls to the sand...hmmms seems the sea gull's friends come to check on him....no wait...never mind guess he is dinner, how nice tongue

Jacenta quickly gets them to the opening and then they head inside and towards the infirm

IN THE SALAMANDASTRON INFIRMARY

Once they are safely inside, Felicity hurries off to get some food from the kitchens, explaining as much as needed.  She can catch up to them in a few minutes.  Every hare in the mountain knows where the Infirmary is, after all.  So she's in the kitchens right now, getting food.....

Ace limps to a cot and then lays down. He has some cuts,bruises..old scars on his back and sides, a couple fresher ones on his arm and a scar on his face. His clothing is tattered as he coughs and he is just weak and lost some weight "I am..A.."He coughs "Ace..of.." He is just tired, and seems to just be glad he is elsewhere and on a bed as he manages a weak smile "A..real...bed...been too long..."

Jacenta frowns as she examines him and gasps.  She decides to not ask as she has an idea "This is...you are safe now Sur Ace..were there any others? Do you have...friends we can find?" Though she seems upset she even asked, his friends could all be dead or  likely enslaved. She gets something to help clean his wounds a little and asks another hare to find something he can wear that's dry, it may not be the best but it will be a dry outfit.

The door opens and admits a trolley laden with food being pushed by the Corporal.  "Apparently, 'we rescued a starvin' beast who's possibly an escaped slave,' is the best way to get loads o' food when 'tisn't mealtime, wot!"  She rolls the trolley up and focuses on dishing up food.  "'M'name's Felicity, by the way.  Welcome to Salamandastron!"  She is NOT looking at him right now.  There are reasons that she is not a Healer.

Ace nods weakly as he lays there, letting the healer tend to him best she can.  He has a tattoo of a simple black rose....though it looks like he may of tried to get it off a couple times as it's scarred in a couple places where cuts were made.  He is for sure hungry and thirsty, so before he is giving a better idea of whom he is, he is gonna eat some of that food and drink, coughing some. He will also let the healer help him best she can 'til he does finally reply after a short while "Ace.....I am..." He frowns "I was...in Mossflower Defenders...I suppose could...still be, never left..not on purpose that bloody...stoat and his friends...took me captive...and then sold me to some slime toad who made me be on a ship....well I ESCAPED...I did..showed them..stupid slaver bands"   

Jacenta listens as she tends to his wounds, even looking at old ones and bandaging what is needed.  She finds an over size shirt he can wear and some slightly baggy pants as she frowns "I ...hate hearing of slavers.....wait...Mossflower..Mossflower Defenders?"

Felicity keeps her eyes on the food.  "Mossflowah Defendahs?  Why, Xandah an' a few o' them 'ad come to seek aid against some dumb stoat who's tryin' to take ovah Redwall!  M'Lord Ciocan took a huge chunk o' the Long Patrol t'go 'elp them.  They left a few weeks ago."  She refills his plate when it gets empty, then digs in to the food she dished up for herself.  There's a plate for the Healer for when she's done.

Ace eats some more after getting a change of clothing and sits still while being bandaged "Ormaz...he is the leader of that...horde...dangerous beast, insane, has insane followers..." He sighs as he lays down "I...should be helping not...in some infirm."  He looks at his arm and snorts "Some...cat helped too....makes the slavers have this....marks us as hers she claimed. foul feline....I  hope your Badger Lord and the hares help smash all those slavers into the ground."

Jacenta listens as she finishes up and steps back to get some food and nods "Yes...A Xander was here, with some others...an otter...a hare, a rabbit and a hamster maybe...I stayed as they needed healers here still and seems 'tis good I did...and I am sure they will have a victory against those foolish slavers and come back here to tell us wot we blooming missed...as for getting ta your friends you need to heal first and recover and that will take a...a while"

Felicity smirks slightly.  "Oh, don't worry.  We absotively /'ate/ slavahs.  There won't be any standin' by the time our Lordship an' the 'ares 'e took with 'im are through, I can guarantee that!"  She obviously has no doubts about the Long Patrol winning.  They do every time, after all. Finally looking up, she smiles a real smile.  "Listen to the 'Ealer, friend.  They tend to know what's best, even when their patients don't like it."

Ace sighs as he lays back, tried now and frowns,"I hope..Redwall and me friends be ok...I have missed them."

Jacenta nods and hmmms "Maybe we can get a message to them somehow, let them know their friend is here"

Felicity taps her chin with a finger, thinking. "Hmm....well, that eagle that came with 'em left the same time they did, I think, an' gulls won't evah 'elp us with that kinda stuff. 'M not sure 'ow else to get the message to them...." Looking at the hedgehog, she smiles and adds, "I'm sure they've missed you, too. I bet they searched for you. That seems the kind o' beast Xandah is. As for them being okay......" She sighs. "I 'ope so, too. Redwall's nevah fallen for long, and they 'ave a Badgah Lord and a contingent o' the Long Patrol 'eaded their way with the intent to 'elp them. The odds are certainly in their favah, I dare say."

Ace nods as he frowns "I will...head back once I am able to"Yeah when ever that is as he sighs and leans back onto the cot and smiles"Having a bed again..is much better than hey or a stone floor or some horrible boat bench"

Jacenta smiles "Your safe here sur, no worries and maybe the Recorder knows a way ta get a message to them, or maybe he doesn't....but I am sure your see your friends when you are healed and feeling a lot better. They will surely be glad to see you again"

Felicity's knees start bouncing up and down. She's eaten her fill, and now her hyperactivity is telling her that she needs to move. So she's moving. A little. "Oh, yeah, Quinten or one o' the othah Recordahs might know o' somethin' we can do. Good idea!" She starts gathering up the dirty dishes (most of which are empty) and putting them on the trolley. "I bet just bein' 'ere an' bein' free is bettah than whot you've 'ad to put up with for a while now," she says gently.

Ace nods "Being a slave is....not good lass, tis horrible life and its good to finally be..free"

Jacenta frowns as she listens "Most likely a nightmare....but" She smiles "No slavers here just food, friends and a place to jolly well get better, to recover and rest"

They left when Ace fell asleep.
And went to THE COMMON ROOM!

Felicity enters the common room and collapses onto a couch. Her walk turned out to be a rescue mission, and now she just wants to relax! Reaching over, she grabs some darts from under the couch and starts throwing them at a nearby target. Her aim is pretty good, actually.   

Jacenta sits down and yawns "I say....I wonder where he had been before he came here.....being a slave had to be...so horrible"   

Felicity continues with her darts game, scowling slightly. "Oh, aye. I've 'elped rescue some othah slaves, and it boggles me mind the things they endure. I can't even undertsand it." She rolls off the couch into a standing position and retrieves he darts.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading! smile

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-09-22 05:37:31 PM)

Board footer