Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-21 09:55:50 PM

Karth Riverbark

Talking Helps Any Beast-LP LOG/ Fate Of Marek

Who:
Private Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri-ME- Fighter in LP

Sinway Redrose- Fighter in Mossflower Defenders

Xander Winters- Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Log:

Ewan was walking around, making sure no problems were around, did anyone need anything and stuff like that and then looked for a place to sit down as messages delivered.

Xander was sitting on a fallen log, just slightly away from the camp. Still alert but not really doing much past couple days just walking and marching when needed.

Ewan decides to walk over to the badger slowly and stands beside him,"Umm...sit down beside you or rather be alone?"

Xander shrugs and speaks "Fine...fine with me."

Ewan sits down and looks around, its nightfall but he is calm"Its likely ok...crickets are...are making noise and they wouldn't if something was ..going on, crickets seem to know some how..that's how I knew something was wrong the other day the crickets were quiet..."He frowns "I would go home I know the way...but that would be a bad idea, but also I know things are gonna get worse...or maybe not..."He then says "You been..quiet and your friends know it but..you avoid them..."

Xander sighs, "So..."He sounds tried but least he isn't telling the hare to go away.

Ewan tilts his head as speaks "And your tried, could be a number of things....no sleep, stress, would say cheering but that likely isn't able to be done...maybe you could climb and tree....be upside down cause ummm...yeah a frown is a smile that's upside down...a smile cheers one up sometimes or makes them tell you to go away a lot tell me too..they don't like me, I don't walk fast enough and why did I come,...wot ever...right?" He does try the smile idea.

Sinway has just finished putting Kenya down for the night while the healers change the bandages on her foot, there not being much else the otter can do so he decides to walk around the camp making his way over to Xander and a hare he hasn't met before. He doesn't say anything right now, just stands in front of Xander.

Xander doesn't look at Sinway right away and then finally does and nods, he looks at Ewan, "You can stay...not gonna tell you to go away..."

Ewan nods "Ok..that's good..."He waves to the otter "Hallo..."Back to the badger, "So....your gonna rest or..sit here a while..rest is good even his Lordship sleep...then guess everyone does."

Sinway just sighs, doing his best to keep calm....he understands Xander's pain but knows the way he is right now helps no one, but still he keeps him self calm for now giving the hare a nod in return "Evening' Xander, and I' m not sure I have had the chance to meet ye yet names Sinway."

Xander frowns, "Hey Sinway..."He still is tried and there is worry and pain in his voice."Your..doing ok?"

Ewan smiles "Private Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri...Fighter hare...well sort of..Fighter hare, not so great lately this is my first real..trip anywhere, first real major patrol trip"

Sinway sighs again "I'm doing fine, Kenya's foot is healin' and we are travelin' to go take care of the vermin that have been makin' a mess of me home." He starts to tap his tail on the ground folding his arms across his chest "I'm more worried about ye mate, this moppin' does no beast good, yer just lowerin' the morals of those around ye........I understand yer pain but this ain't the time fer this, Oz was alive when I left, so have a little faith in him he will pull through." He then looks over to Ewan and chuckles "Hares and there long names, tis a pleasure to meet ye Ewan."

Xander nods, he takes a deep breath "I am just worried Sinway. I..you can't expect me to be...smiling and no worries I wont go off to try and get there..sooner, it wouldn't be wise to"

Ewan smiles "Haves like de long names..but just say Ewan..."He listens to Xander and nods "Yeah..alone would be bad..even if for a badger..to try and fight a horde single pawed...ya likely fail"

Sinway shakes his head giving Xander's head a small thump "I'm not tell ye to not worry, but closin' yer self off and lookin' like yer not even with us anymore isn't helpin'." He sighs again "Ye got to think positive mate, Oz was alive and breathin' when I left and he be in the best care he can be in......now tis our job to make sure he keeps gettin' that care and tis yer job to stay focus......how do you think I'll feel if I have to deliver the message to Oz when he wakes up that his nephew is dead because he wasn't focus on the fight." It's a hard truth to say but it needs to be said

Xander frowns at this"It..wouldn't be ..good news."He rubs his head, he sort of seems to think on something...a small..smile"Uncle Zee's had a staff..he hit beast with it, it hurt worse, he died last winter" He sighs a little remembering but again focus "You are right...and the beast healers are at the abbey, Uncle Oz will get better and I shouldn't worry. I do want to move faster though and I think we are somewhat."He adds "I'm....sorry fer being...well avoiding beasts."

Ewan says, "Avoiding beasts are...is not good."

Sinway nods giving Xander a wide grin "Much better, Oz will get better mate, he is a strong badger after all." He finally decides to sit down "I'll be glad when this is over, tis goin' to be the last time I wield this sword." He looks over to Xander "Ohh this was decided some time after ye left, but ill be re joinin' the abbey order once Redwall be safe......and I also adopted Kenya, so there at least two happy pieces of news I can tell ye."

Xander smiles. its not a full one but a fair one "That is good news and that's good she has someone..and I am sure Benar will let you rejoin the order after this is over"

Ewan says, "The abbey sounds nice and certainly peaceful...I would like it there I think....and no fighting or worrying about it..that be nice""

Sinway smiles back at Xander "Oh tis already been decided that I'll be able to rejoin, could of done it a lot sooner but im not ready to put down me sword yet....Redwall and Mossflower still needs me and it wouldn't feel right. But once this be over Benar is gonna take me blade and put it some place safe some place i wont know where it's at so I wont be tempted to take it up again." He sighs "If it wasn't fer the fact tis forged from the broken pieces of me parents swords and the only thing I have left of them, I have it made into gardenin' tools like Benar did to his blade."

Xander first looks to Ewan "You can always stay in the camp Ewan. Talk to Lord Ciocan about it."He smiles a bit better"The abbey is peaceful and we are gonna make sure it stays that way." He nods "That's good just be careful, as will I and i hope others do as well. The closer we get though there could be trouble, in fact need to speak to Lord Ciocan most likely before morning, maybe get an idea where we should have camp....not too close to the abbey though, wouldn't want vermin knowing we are coming and hoping they don't know we are coming already"

Ewan looks towards "Camp..maybe...not as a guard..I don't do well in fights, don't want to see fight....the one was bad..enough...."He grows a little quiet thinking some."And...."

Sinway listens to the two talk for a little bit "No offense mate, but ye don't seem to be cut out fer the long patrol life." He comments off handedly before looking up towards the stars "When this be all over.....why not stay at Redwall.....if ye don't like fightin' then ye will fit in perfectly there."

Xander stands and speaks to the hare.."Ewan...Ewan its ok."He thinks, think of something..."I can go with you and we both can talk to Lord Ciocan...later ok."He glaces at Sinway and back to the hare."Redwall is nice..good food, good friends..you could find some new skill maybe."Yes change the subject.

Ewan at first whimpers.."Cause..fighting....means blood...and..bad things..and..."He blinks and focus on them speaking and nods smiling a little "Yes..good food and skills...I have other skills...I can play lyre...don't have one here...and..remember things like path and such after one trip...and different things like I LIKE...like crickets and..a flower"He points to one "A buttercup...and a violet.."He frowns, rumbling..but then he smiles a little.

Xander nods, keep him focused and then he smiles. He chuckles for the first time in a while"Maybe you could get a lyre"

Sinway keeps looking up at the stars yawning some "There is nothin' wrong with not likin' blood shed, I'm sure the Badger Lord will understand this." He looks over to ewan then Xander "I should get some rest......I was just waitin' fer them to finish with Kenya's bandage before I lay down next to her......she has been havin' nightmares so I hope if i keep close by while she sleeps she wont have them anymore."

Ewan nods as he stands "I am..going to make sure no messages are needed and then sleep...early tomorrow marching " And he is off.

Xander nods as he stands up from kneeling and "Yeah gonna need some sleep....me also"He smile "Night Sinway"

Sinway stands up as well "Night Xander, try not to avoid everyone, ye had us all worried." And with that he makes his way over to the healer's tent

Xander nods and goes to look for Ewan.."Ewan..."

Ewan just got done checking around and stops "Yes...wot ya need Xander?"

Xander smiles "If you see my friends...tell I would like to talk with them...Zolomon...Ximena...Rupert ..I talked with Sinway....it can be in the....no not the morning, now is good."He sits down"We can talk here...then its bedtime not till then" Its important to him.

Ewan salute and heads off to round up the Defenders he mentioned and then he goes to get some rest.

Last edited by Karth Riverbark (2018-09-21 09:56:10 PM)

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

Board footer