Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-20 06:00:42 PM

oz

The Fever Breaks-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Oz- Badger Mother,AKA Papa Oz

Krisha-Badger Mother in Training, for now Badger Mother till Oz recovers

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Angela- Healer

Nissaya-Healer

Log:

RW Abbey: Badger Mother's Room
------------------------------------------------------------
The room you enter is rather neat and almost spartanly furnished, quite a visual contrast if you entered from the cluttered Dibbun's room adjacent.  The warm red of the sandstone walls is the primary motif, broken in only a few places.  There's a small leaded glass window for light, a bed (rather massive, which might give one a hint at it's occupant) with a coverlet of brightly dyed and woven cloth and a small table with a chair; this is holding a small pile of books and papers, a candle in it's holder and a couple odd Dibbun toys that ended up there somehow.  The only real ornament in the room is a middle sized, carefully framed parchment: a charcoal and ink drawing of some group or family of badgers. 
------------------------------------------------------------

Oz is still...well in his deep faint, the room was straighten up some at least. He hasn't moved, or did..well much. He has had his fever which at first was getting worse but might be starting to go down..maybe. His breathing and heart rate is ok also, not the best but ok. One healer is here though they will likely go get someone else soon.

Krisha has came in to check on Oz and frowns, she seems debating on weather to mention earlier and decides she is not mentioning seeing someone, yeah they might think her losing it or something as she sits close by and sighs, "Wake up...please....she said you would be ok....but your not"

The door latch clicks and then the door itself swings open and Benar pokes his head in. He then shuffles in the rest of the way and pushes the door too with his tail. He is carrying a tray, a tea pot steaming on it, "Hello Krisha," He says he walks over to the bedside, "How is he my dear?

Angela has been working on trying to figure out how to keep the badger from dying, and she remembered a rare herb she has kept in her haversack for seasons. She is furious with herself for not thinking of it before now. The door to the hallway opens, revealing the obviously grumpy old Healer, grinding at something in a mortar with a pestle, a messenger bag looped over one shoulder. The door was opened by the albino otter Healer, Nissaya, who is carrying the mouse's staff. They enter the room, the old mouse grumbling about why was she so forgetful?

Oz has not even moved hardly, he has muttered....only a couple words but then was quiet again, least he isn't shivering now like he was earlier but he is FAR from better right now.

Krisha frowns "I..I don't know...."She frowns "He muttered...a name....I don't know who it ..."He frowns "There was also someone....here but...they..."She isn't sure how to explain and then sees Angela come in and sighs softly.

Benar settles down in a chair and looks up as the door opens and Angela enters, "Hello Angela, have you thought of something?" He pours the tea and offers a cup to Krisha, "Here drink this my dear, it is very good of you to sit with him but you need to look after yourself as well."

Angela scowls deeply and sets her mortar on the bedside table. "Aye, I remembered somethin' I've 'ad with me for I dunno 'ow many seasons. 'Tis a very rare herb, doesn't even grow 'round 'ere, doesn't 'ave a name in this language. But it might 'elp, and I see no 'arm in tryin'. Could y'pour me some o' that tea?" She pulls mint and white willow bark in little bark packets out of her bag, dumps some of each into her mortar, and starts attacking it all with her pestle again. Nissaya, still awkwardly holding the mouse's staff, says, "She won't even tell me what it is or what it's supposed to do." "A 'Ealer can 'ave 'er secrets! 'Specially since it doesn't even grow 'round 'ere.....not even found it in the records...."

Oz does mutter..something, but in his fevered state its not clear what it is really as its very very quiet.

Krisha frowns, ok a little more worried" Is he...gonna live? The one ..."She decides to just say it "There was..a badger maid here but at the same time she wasn't here...and she said she was leaving him in our care...and then she disappeared and it scared me ....cause she was...like a sprite..ghost, or something."

Benar pours three more cups of tea, "Put Angela's staff in a corner Nissaya and have some tea," He settles back in his chair, "Well hopefully it will help Angela, if you can't think of anything else after this and it doesn't work... well it doesn't bare thinking about." He looks at Krisha then and quirks his tail a bit, "Well Redwall is well known for its visits by spirits Krisha, I am sure they meant no harm to us."

Angela takes the cup of tea, drinks half of it in one gulp, and pours the mystery herb/mint/white willow bark powder mixture into what's left. Grabbing a spoon, she starts stirring madly. "Ghosts," she mumbles, "'M 'aunted by ghosts every night. Beasts I couldn't save won't let me rest in peace." She pulls a canteen out of her bag, opens it, and pours water into her.....mixture thing. Setting down the canteen, she stirs the cup's contents some more. Nissaya leans the staff against the wall in the corner nearest the elderly Healer and takes a cup of tea. Sighing, he takes a sip. "I guess we can only hope and pray this works." "It's gonna work!" The otter blinks, but other than that appears to be perfectly used to the mouse's rantings and grumpings.

Krisha frowns at the yell and just stays where she is and sighs, she gets some tea finally and speaks softly"She said her name was Northstar...."She frowns..."That's who my.....cub is named after...she was his...."She looks concerned, very concerned "He is getting worse..so..so it..it has to work"

Benar says, "I am sure it will be fine Krisha," He sips his tea and watches Angela work, "Angela knows her business and those who guard Redwall are not about to let our Badger leave us yet.""

Angela leans over the unconscious badger, muttering, "Oz, I swear, if ye die, 'm never speakin' to ye again, not even in the Dark Forest. Wake up!" Scowling and brow furrowed in concentration, she starts trying to administer the tea mixture stuff to the Badger Father, aiming to make him drink it without drowning him, which is harder than it sounds. Nissaya goes to lay a gentle, comforting paw on the female badger's shoulder. "It's gonna be okay. Angela will take herself to the gates of Dark Forest and drag Oz back if she has to." He offers a smile at his little joke. Although Angela totally would do that if she could.

Oz most likely wouldn't want to see a moody Angela in the dark forest, not that he is going there....he almost did though as he keeps slowly getting worse and not better. As the mixture is taken, he does manage to get it down, slowly and coughs several times as it does get down, most of it anyways. He shivers a good deal, gives a weak groan but staying in his deep faint still. But the fever, which is fairly high will start to break after an hour or so.....

Krisha just stares, sips her tea and waits. She let Sister Ginny take over and Brother Rick with the dibbuns for the rest of the day. A couple tears fall as she stays in the room, every so often looking over at Oz and the two healers.

Benar reaches out and squeezes Krisha's arm and smiles at her, "He'll be fine you'll see, I don't let just anyone call practice medicine in Redwall and Angela, she is the best I've seen in seasons. If anyone can help our badger it is her."

Angela goes slowly and carefully, pausing and double checking everything every time the badger coughs. Once the mixture has been administered, she shoves her mortar and pestle into her bag and sits in a chair by the bed. Nissaya leans over and murmurs to her, and they have a whispered conversation, then the otter straightens and sits on the floor in front of the Abbot and the Badger Mother-In-Training, sipping his tea some more. "We're doing everything we can, Krisha, I promise. "

Oz is clearly not waking up anytime soon, but there is some good signs..finally...the fever is finally starting to go down....it may take a couple days to fully go to a low fever but its the first good sign in the past over a week. He does mutter a little which may scare them at first."No......don't.....make....choose......"He shivers a little but the shivering does slow as his fevered muttering, his breathing does improve a little, as will his heart rate, its clear he is FAR from waking but finally starting to...recover..slowly ever so slowly.

Krisha frowns as she listens "He's...mumbling is that good or bad?"

Benar sets his tea cup down, "It is more then he was doing earlier," He stands up quietly, "Thank you Angela," He touches her arm, "You should make sure you rest as well Angela... do not over do it. Now I should get out of your hair here and let you tend to him." He reaches over and takes Oz's paw , "I will be back later old friend, be safe."

Angela scowls darkly, but says nothing more than, "Just tryin' my best, Benar. Won't let 'im die if I can 'elp it..." Nissaya purses his lips. "That usually is a good sign....I've personally never encountered a beast who was in a deep faint and was muttering, and then died. So it's probably a good sign...."

Oz just lays still, but the rising and falling of his chest shows he is alive, its not clear he knows who is there or not, he might here voices here and there.

Krisha sighs "Can...I stay in here a little while longer Abbot Benar?"

Benar says, "As long as Angela says it is ok Krisha," He moves to the door and looks at the elderly mouse, "I know you're doing all you can to make sure we don't lose anyone brought to the infirmary. But look after yourself, if hear you've not been resting properly or doing to much my dear friend I will cart you off to bed myself." He smiles at her and slips out into the hall quietly.

Glancing at the Abbot, Angela smiles slightly. "Fine. Rafael does a good job on 'is own....almost as good as Leon...." she sits back and adds, "Ye can stay in 'ere, Krisha, so long as ye attend to yer duties as Badger Mother In Trainin' an' spend time sleepin' an' eatin' and bein' w'yer daughter. Unnerstood?" Nissaya slips out of the room to get a few more supplies the Healers will need in here.

Krisha nods "I..understand. I hope Oz wakes up soon...any idea when he will?" She is worried and she does sound tried, oh yes she does need to spend time with her daughter "He..scared me...he mutters..Northstar....he also said..Zork..wh..who was..is that?"

Angela sighs heavily. "I dunno when 'e's gonna wake up, Sweet'eart." She gets a cloth, wets it, and goes to lay it across the unconscious badger's forehead. "Aye, 'tis frightenin' when that 'appens. Scared me 'alf to death the first few times a patient o' mine did that. An' Zork was Oz's older brother, an' a good friend o' my LilyMoore's. 'E 'ad adopted Zinnia, who adopted yer Xander. Went to the Dark Forest a few seasons back, much to the sorrow of everybeast."

Krisha nods "I just hope....he is just having a quick chat ....no chat with...past beasts be better, I..."Tears..."I don't want him to die...or anyone to die..I..."She sniffs "I just want Xander to get home I miss him...and am so afraid he wont come home or he will but he will d...d.ie..."

Angela goes to lay a gentle paw on the female badger's arm. "Aye, I know. The only beasts I don't feel that way about are the vermin at our doorstep." The old mouse goes to give her a side hug. "We 'ave to 'ope for the best, young 'un. 'Tis 'ard and frightenin', I know, but there's nothin' we can do. 'Opefully everythin' will work out and nobeast we care about will die." The Healer's voice hardens as she adds, "An' I'll do everythin' in my power to keep as many as I can alive. I can promise ye that." Once Nissaya comes back in with the supplies, they will go about doing all they can (which isn't much more than they already have done) and will only leave when another Healer comes to relieve them.

Oz will stay the way he is...shiver every so often but his chest will rise and fall to show he lives. There will be one scare where his heartbeat and breathing drops and healers are for sure alerted, and then again ...he will slowly start to get better..it takes 2-3 days till the fever finally gets to the point where its low grade, his wounds are healing slowly...one was getting infected but that is clearing now. Healers will keep liquids down him, slowly getting him to swallow them so he gets most down and doesn't choke. It will take time..a lot of time for him to recover...and his eyes stay closed, no muttering...its touch and go but the fever was so dangerous high...that is now low ...another good sign he is on a slow track of...recovery, now if he would only awaken, but that's unclear when that will happen, not anytime soon though that is clear.

Last edited by oz (2018-09-20 06:53:28 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer