Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-13 04:56:23 PM

Ximena

Something Other Than Marching-LP LOG/ Fate Of MAREK

Whom:

Tarsa- Fighter and Sargent in LP

Zolomon-Archer in Mossflower Defenders and Recruit Fighter in LP

Xander-Leader of Mossflower Defenders

Ximena- Healer in Mossflower Defenders

Silverwing-Messenger in Mossflower Defenders

Jhan-Dibbun Hare

Spoofs: Hare maid in river, A Ferret who dies, Varies LP Hares....

Log:

===Somewhere alon the path mid afternoon-evening =====

Tarsa marched along and watched Zolomon to see how he was getting along, it was true she didn't seem to have to grump at him as much.

Ximena was close by, she had found some rarer herbs and pocketed them as a just in case as one never knows when its needed.

Zolomon was better, heck a little strong if that was possible with this pack that at first was annoying,now it was ok and he didn't feel it anymore, it took a couple days to get the hang of marching but he did and he even marched backwards a couple times till he was told turn around which he did. He could salute good as well. One can learn.

Not too far from the group of marching hares was another hare, a hare maid but she was not part of the long patrol, neither was the small dibbun she held close as she ran from a ferret, she took a chance and got onto the log to cross the river, she be safe there...right? The ferret seemed to still want to get her as she frowned and gasped...the current a little too swift here from some heavy rains and the log was not the best idea , more so when the ferret got on it and she scream kicking him off...well the ferret went under and washed downstream. She loses her balance and grabs the log, one paw on it the other on the dibbun as she coughs and looks around "Help..some...beast..." Her voice weak, seems a reason to escape the ferret but now she needs to escape the river.

Xander sighs, he had ended up a little behind, slowed when he thought he saw something and shakes his head, the patrol had to make a slight detore cause of the slight flood here, not that it was much of one and only maybe messed travel up by an hour.

Tarsa smirks "One can be taught..."She chuckles, today was good so far...less yelling suited her.

Zolomon slowed, he looked to the river and arched an eyebrow...he shrugged and moved on and then again stopped, looked at the river only to take off the pack, his longbow and saber and dive into the river without a warning may I add..towards the two hares.

Ximena caught up to the hare maid "Your a little mean to him sometimes you know...."She stops and frowns "Why did he just.....is that a dibbun?"

Jhan wails as he clings best he can onto his mothers paw only to lose his grip and sink once, resurfaces and manages to barely stay afloat. The hare maid screams "Noo!"Her grip is barely on the log as it is.

Xander lays a paw on his blade a scream usually means danger as he speeds forwards "What happen, wot is going on?" He has yet to look towards the river.

Tarsa starts to grumble "What in the sea----"A gasp and a couple hares rush over "Is that one of ours.."Tarsha shakes her head no. She sees the badger and just points to the river.

Ximena makes her way to stand by Tarsa "Oh my..oh dear...oh no"

Zolomon is a good swimmer and quickly looks back and forth, the dibbun he goes for first as hopefully the hare maid will be ok for now as he gets close to grab the dibbun, "Hold on .." He will get him to shore first, ok current he hates as he manages to get to where he can better get to shore and coughs handing off the dibbun to whomever is closer and going back for the mother.

Xander frowns, he will get the dibbun, if he can and frowns as Zolomon dives back into the river "Zolomon!" He frowns as he looks at a few hares that stopped as well, a message give n there was some sort of trouble so others will stop also.

Jhan sinks once but then as he resurfaces he clings onto Zolomon's back and shivers, it doesn't really matter who has him he is still afraid and will cling onto them, the badger is fine as he coughs and whimpers. The mother notices Zolomon but also passes out so her grip on the small bit of log is lost and she sinks under the fast moving water.

Tarsa watches,is she worried as her ear droops a little as she watches nervous and speaks "Find who ever is the best swimmers...do something....help him out...do it now"A couple hares salute and dive into the water to help.

Ximena frowns and walks over "Is the dibbun ok, does he need a healer?"

Zolomon is determined to help the hare maid still and dives under to reach her and resurfaces now fighting the current and keeping another hare above water so when he sees two fellow hares to help he is glad "One...one take the lass.."He coughs and can get to shore, ok he needs help fine but other wise he is ok.

Xander frowns and carries the dibbun a little further from the river and sits him down so a healer can tend to him before going to check on Zolomon.

Jhan wails and just reaches towards the water, its clear he wants mama maybe. Meanwhile the hare maid has her eyes closed and isn't moving, like at all as she is brought to shore. Its clear she has been in bad shape even before the river..scars, some old and some a few days old. And she is thin and weak....is she alive?

Tarsa goes to see Zolomon.."Recruit?" She glaces at the hare maid and frowns...let the healers with more skill help her as she looks at Zolomon.

Zolomon coughs as he sits down and sniffs. He is handed a towel he wraps around himself and blinks, he then salutes Tarsa "Sorry...sarge....the ..they needed=sneeze= help, could bally well...not help"

Xander speaks "Zolomon....are you ok?" He looks over at the dibbun and hare maid and frowns, back to his friend."Just..maybe let others next time"He frowns hopefully isn't a next time.

The dibbun's mother is barely alive as she weakly looks at the hares and groans. She looks at her son..."Jhan...."

Ximena frowns "He is ok...you on the other paw are far from ok. She checks for wounds and frowns as she looks at the others.

Tarsa sighs, then snorts "You could of..."Ok don't say died..she takes a deep breath "But you saved a life...and dint think twice and acted swiftly just like a true Long Patrol hare"

Zolomon keeps the towel wrapped around himself and listens, he grins a little and coughs again. He smiles when he sees Xander "I am...fine, little wet..cold but ok...never swim in a river after a flood"He chuckles a little, yeah he is fine.

Xander sighs, yeah his friend is fine as he decides to see what is going on with the hare maid

The hare maid speaks weakly"He needs.....taken care of......."Her eyes flutter shut as she goes limp. There are sighs she was likely a slave...and a small tattoo of ownership proofs that, the dibbun has none...she clearly does on her shoulder. The dibbun is now asleep.

Ximena frowns "She...she..." She can't say it but its clear what she is going to say. She sniffs "Whats the...tattoo?"

Zolomon stands and walks over as he frowns , he glaces at the tattoo "Thats....a...."He frowns "She was a slave."

Xander studies the tattoo "Small simple black rose....the beasts who run the black rose have a tattoo a lot more detailed with thorns and vines....the slaves had a simple flower no thorns or vines....."He sighs and looks at the dibbun,"We can get the dibbun to Redwall...or well somewhere safe..."

Tarsa frowns, she nods as she listens motions for a couple hares and speaks quietly and then walks back over "They can...she can least have a simple  burial before we head onwards...but the long patrol can't take a dibbun with us..we are going toward the danger..hallo?"

Ximena says, "The poor dibbun he is all alone"

Zolomon thinks, speaks "He can stay with me..I heard her ...Jhan..he needs someone, she wants someone to jolly well watch over him so I will and still do me marching and training too your see lass..ummmm sargent Tarsa..sorry"

Xander asks, "Is that wise Zolmon?"

Tarsa folds her arms over her chest"I wonder too...your a Long Patrol hare or least want to be one, there no time fer a..a dibbun"

Zolomon stands there and speaks softly "Protection....sargent Tarsa....being jolly well responsible."He looks at the small dibbun, puts his pack back on, picks up the dibbun and goes right back to marching when its time. Well..he is serious.

Xander watches "I think he means what he says...madam....and we can't just leave it here."

Ximena frowns but just listens and watches as it seems, oh they are on the move again.

Tarsa takes a deep breath "Fine...and tis your job ta report to Lord Ciocan Recruit Zolomon...not a request!" She looks at Xander "I hope your friend knows what he is doing"

Zolomon salutes with one paw, the other holds the dibbun and he keeps marching in time with the others.

Xander smiles as he walks "I think he knows...give him a chance he did just save a dibbuns life and tried to save the mothers life as well, which he is likely upset about failing at"

Tarsa says, "She likely wasn't saveable"

Ximena frowns "She was petty hurt, likely running from someone...and almost drowning while making sure her dibbun didn't....took too much out of her, she may of survived but not very long."

Xander sighs "Yes...ok but still. A beast can still feel bad about something like that just try and go easy on him for a couple days, trust me he will pay attention to what is needed and still to that dibbun, maybe its not the best idea to be in charge of it but ...."He shrugs "For now...let him"

Zolomon is far enough away to not hear, but he is keeping in perfect line, he just has a dibbun resting over his shoulder that is sound sleep, every so often he looks at the dibbun but keeps marching.

Tarsa looks over at Zolomon and studies him and glaces at the badger, "Well....we will see. The dibbun sleeps for now what happens when it wakes up, then what?"

Ximena says, "We make sure he is ok.....oh but how do we tell him about his mom....that will be sad"

Xander says, "I don't know, sort of not the best subject"

Zolomon adjusts the dibbun slightly, keep marching...marching is....well not fun but he is use to it and its not like the dibbun adds extra weight, and hey he is marching shortly after rescuing the dibbun from the flooded river....so yeah

Tarsa frowns now and sighs "Well this still needs reported...and ..dibbuns they..."They are ..."Annoying.'

Ximena frowns "Dibbuns arnt annoying they are cute....and sweet and..that one is all alone now...you don't like dibbuns do you?"

Xander listens for any reply to this, he is curious of what is going to be said.

Tarsa snorts and speeds up, in fact past Zolomon muttering slightly.

Zolomon watches the hare maid walk past, he slows slightly in his marching ...just slightly as he still has Jhan and looks back to the others "She is bally well moodier than normal..or is it me?"

Xander gets to where Zolomon is and shrugs "I am not sure..."He glaces at the dibbun "So...what now? She did bring up a good point...what to do with him"

Ximena speaks "I would say the abbey but that's a couple weeks away still....oh dear..oh me....had this ever happen save someone...then not have a plan...we have a plan right?"

Zolomon grins "Of course....we...ummm.."Ok he is short of a plan, and still slightly wet"We think on it later..."He takes note dibbun sleeping and speaks " She was a slave that likely got away...and we can honor her wish of keeping this little guy safe, he can stay in came when we get thar..I meant wot I said I can take care of the little guy and still march and what ever else. Couldn't leave him back thar either....maybe umm...well darn, ok planless so we think on one"

Ximena frowns but walks along."Well...first he will look for his mom...that will not go well...so there is that and then keeping him happy, and safe...well safe shouldn't be an issue, least right now...how close are we?"

Xander thinks "Little over..under..two weeks now, I think..close to that. I just worry when we get closer...possible attacks."

Zolomon nods"We face that when it comes to it. the dibbun is safer with us than anywhere else. If we suddenly have to fight then...I am sure there is a way to keep him safe one way or another."

Ximena says, "I don't want to think of fighting at all....I will have to tend to any injured, though they have other healers here too yes, but always good to have a fair amount of healers.""

Xander nods as he listens"Yeah but something to think on still thinks are likely a lot worse since we left"

Zolomon frowns "Likely.....and not good"He groans "Why did a stupid horde come along to try and ruin lives for"

Jhan stirs and of course chooses now to wake up and looks around.

Ximena says, "Because hordes are evil......."She then goes quiet when the dibbun stirs..."He's awake"

Xander gets a little closer to Zolomon and the dibbun, but is quiet for now

Zolomon speaks "Hallo....your Jhan or..that's wot your umm...mama right? Wot she said..your safe now and with the jolly long patrol."

Jhan stares at the hare that's carrying him and tilts his head as he sniffs "Mammmm"He frowns, not that he isn't ok with Zolomon, it was him that got him out of the bad water.

Ximena frowns, ok she is not saying anything she is bad at things like that.

Xander waves at the dibbun, a frown "Ummm..."He frowns and looks at the ground, yeah not too helpful.

Zolomon adjusts the dibbun , yes he is handling this...he said he could tend to the dibbun and marching too so he does! "Umm..ya see...she..."He frowns, clears his throat " She asked for someone ta keep a eye on you and so..that's me and maybe one of me friends "

Jhan frowns and buries his face in Zolomon's tunic.

Ximena frowns, ok this is sad......

Xander gets beside Zolomon "Can i carry him for a while?" He likely can handle a dibbun better than Zolomon.

Zolomon sighs and carefully hands him over"Just ya know...hold him good and ..don't drop him and all that...gonna go back ta marching....oh and yeah report to...Lordship...."Should of done it earlier and he speeds up a little.

Jhan is handed to the badger and blinks, he sniffs and just frowns, looks to where Zolomon went and back to the badger, least he isn't crying...yet....never mind.

Ximena asks, "Now what?"

Xander takes a deep breath, ok calm a dibbun..he has before , his own as he humms softly and sort of rocks the dibbun as they walk, a few simple words like a lullaby he knows fairly well.

Jhan whimpers but the soft humming and singing he does quiet and then snuggles into the badger and falls back to sleep.

Ximena watches and smiles "Oh...that's this is good he is asleep...how did you do that?"

Xander smiles a little, a few more words...soft humming and he speaks quietly still walking "I...have a daughter...she likes singing to sleep when she was..."He sighs a little.

Ximena walks along "Oh...at the abbey, I am sure she is ok..I dint know you had a dibbun"

Jhan remains asleep for now, the walking and very so often humming helps.

Xander nods "Her name is Northstar..another reason I want to get back soon to make sure her and Krisha is ok, Krisha is my mate I think you meet her once"

Ximena nods "Yes...once, she is nice...what does she do at the abbey just help with the dibbuns"

Jhan yawns in his sleep or semi sleep, he is happy and quiet for now.

Xander replies "She helps with chores..she is...in training to be the next badger mother, and hopefully that's like way far into the future"

Ximena says, "Oh...who is in charge of that right now"

Xander clears his throat"My uncle Oz is...he has been for a long time and he got some message on who to train next and...well he is but..with the horde and all.."

Ximena says, "It worries you.....its ok to worry I think , it does show you care if one didn't worry on friends and family I would honestly think something was wrong with them.""

Xander says, "I don't like to worry but I do and sometimes I wish we could go faster and I know we can't"

Ximena says, "I have no family, that's near Redwall....mine live west somewhere, hopefully they are staying safe. So we get there and hopefully the horde is stopped"

Jhan yawns but still..somewhat asleep

Xander says, "Earlier said than done you seen what he did to the base...Ferravale was Attacked, we got very lucky to even get down the river and to the western shore at the time and that almost failed""

Ximena says, "But we didn't fail and now help is on the way and once we get there we will have better plans and I am sure the long patrol has good plans.""

Xander says, "Yeah....most likely just wish we had some news of some sort..any news on how things are doing""

Ximena says, "Maybe some news will..come somehow?"

Ximena says, "Well....good news is better....yes?"

Silverwing is flying around, and around...and...yeah around...she can travel fast and didn't have to get too close to notice bad furs around and so flew away to find her friends...she really should rest but didn't...likely not the best idea. Yet she somehow didn't get lost.

Ximena is tried, walking blah...then eeeps a little as she looks yep and gets closer to Xander.

Xander notices and looks around, "Wot?"

Silverwing gives the answer, in the form of her famous or not so famous crash landings.."Ouchie...Silverwing okie kay.."She shakes her head and smooths out some feathers and ...yeah freaks out some hares..."Hello...."

Ximena cups a paw to her mouth, and goes over "Oh my...are you hurt? You said ouch...."

Xander frowns and gets to where Silverwing is and looks over the eagle "Do you always have to crash land?'

Silverwing groans and one of her wing feathers is out of place and a tail feather missing joy, but she can fly...later when dry and she shakes off and a few hares grumble and glares at the bird who backs off.."Silver fly and fly and fly...Silverwing needs sleepnap..."

Ximena is a little edgy of a large bird but checks her over "You..seem ok....wait she always crashes?"

Xander says, "Most of the time.....and why so much flying?"

Ximena says, "We can't carry a bird"Lets panic now" What...."

Silverwing offers a smile, sort of "Silverwing no need help...Silverwing napsleep near river, is fishes and plenty waterdrinks...Silverwing no sleepnap cause of badfurs...see from air..many many badfurs"

Xander frowns "Bad..furs?..where?"

Ximena frowns "What are badfurs? What is she saying....are we in danger?"

Silverwing shakes out a wing oh she is given plenty of room "Where big badger....where at..."She yawns, she looks at Xander "You do....many badfurs round red home."

A hare looks at the bird "Big badger...ya mean Lord Ciocan?"

Xander frowns, "Silverwing....explain...please...whats happen?"

Ximena decides to listen, least Xander can understand the bird, right?

Silverwing frowns "Bunny can find...bunny be quiet Silverwing speaks......is important yes..."She yawns again.

The hare looks ready to scream or pull fur out or something

Xander frowns as he glaces at the hare "Its ok...i can..."He sighs "Silverwings...go on before the hare goes insane...please"

Silverwing tilts head "Insane bunny...."?" She pats the hare on the head, yep that helps...not."Oh..bad furs..many many bad furs go near red home...surrounding was when left to go soar quick fast find friends...find the bunnys...." One voice "Hares...." The eagle tilts her head "Bunnies find....now need napsleep" The hare sighs and ....yeah..gives up mutters something about hare not bunny.

Ximena frowns

Xander frowns as he listens "that horde is...Silverwing?" He frowns more oh great now she sleeps!"No sleep yet...or napsleep wahtever...that horde is surrounding redwall?"

Silverwing yawns, "Was..starting too...by nows yes yes...likely yes...tisbad badnews ya....Silverwing not get too close least get shoot at with arrows...arrows are sharp"

Ximena says, "Well yeah they are....did one hit you?"

Silverwing shakes her head and looks at the hares "Bunnies need calm...calm downs ya? Need music?"

Xander eyes widen "No..no Silverwing no singing...we are fine and great and...I bet Ciocan will calm them"He mouths =find him=.Yes give the message."You get sleep ok Silverwing"

Ximena blinks whats bad about singing?

Silverwing yawns and nods "Okie kay...Silverwing no singtunes..."Grumpy bird as she puffs out and goes to make a nest and sleep "Annoying bunny no like singing....blah blah blahh....."Yes she will go to sleep...grumpy and sad thank you!!!

Xander sighs as he sits down, ok that was fun..not. "Just...let her sleep...she is a friend."A friend who cant sing, the hare would most likely go insane, the news he got is not the best as he sighs,"We need to stop...camp a little earlier...."

Ximena sits by the badger "The bird had bad news...didn't she"

Xander nods and looks at the sleeping dibbun and sighs."Yeah..."

Ximena says, "Oh......"She frowns and lays a paw on his shoulder "Least we know...that's good right?""

The news is soon brought to Lord Ciocan, who right away calls for camp to be sit up, 30 minutes early is fine, they need to chat now discuss the news of the orphan dibbun and what Silverwings talked of. He will wait till the large bird wakes up even...then marching starts again shortly after a quick breakfast.

Last edited by Ximena (2018-09-17 08:48:10 AM)

My Alts
Ximena- Hamster- Slave(Rarely Connected)
Aella- Shrew-Log -A-Log of The Guosim 
Tarsa-Hare-Drill Sargeant in LP and Fighter

Board footer