Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-11 05:58:26 AM

KenyaAndJacenta

EveryBeast Is Too Busy-Redwall/Fate Of Marek Log

Who:
Kenya-Novice of Redwall

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Henry-Bard of Mossflower Defenders

Oz-Badger Mother and Papa Oz

Mary-Novice of Redwall

Gorvenalus- Recorder of Redwall

Some assorted beasts,abbey beasts, and guards.....

Log:

Kenya has helped with breakfast, mainly setting the tables and making sure some oatmeal and greensap milk is passed out, also some strawberries and she finally sits down for a rest and sighs"Too many here" She mutters and frowns a little.

There is a quike sound of fluttering wings, barely autable of the calmer of breakfast, as down form the ceiling descends a Black-throated Sparrow who lands with a graceful hop next to the Sea Otter.

Kenya blinks as she watches the sparrow and then clears her throat"Umm...hello sir...did you need anything?" She has seen them, from a distance and stayed back, birds sort of..make her edgy but least he is smaller than a hawk.

The Sparrow takes a quick look around before turning to the novice. "Is wormabby under attack?" ask the fowl inqusatively.

Kenya nods "Yeah..some stoat and all his..vermin"She frowns "Has the abbey surrounded, but they haven't done anything....yet"

The Sparra turns away for away moment, "Meum thought as much," He mutters to himself. He turns back to the dibbun, "tell me, where be Captain Winters?"

Kenya tilts her head..."Winters?" She frowns, ok she has heard the name, its a last name right...."Who?...ummm...Papa Oz or...Xander?" Ok think, "You mean Xander...leader of the Defenders..I ..don't know he went to get help from the badger lord and the Long Patrol but a vision from Martin makes it appear he is on his way back"

The Black-thoated Bard stares at the ceiling deep in thought, after a moment he looks to the Otter again, "Tell me one last thing, how is the Abbey doing in terms of food?

Kenya shrugs "I..don't know. I think it is ok and there is the crop of food on the grounds...some may be gathering it under heavy guard. The abbot or the Recorder would better know, but I think we are ok for now"

"Now, now: see, you're sloshing water all over the floor, Miss Mary." Brother Maynard looks down upon a small novice in a damp, green habit as she half-carries, half-drags a bucket of water across the stone floor. She's got a mop tucked under one armpit and it is at a risk to go knocking into anybeast! "It's /heavy/!" The mouse huffs, sloshing another wave of soapy floor water down her front as she tries to heft the bucket with both paws. She is distracted by the sight of Kenya, whom she knows, and a Sparra - whom she certainly doesn't. "Focus!" The brother chides Mary.

The bird glances at the commotion with the other novice before turning back to the first, "Thank you for youum time wormfledgling. Meum must be off quickfast." He then starts to turn away.

Kenya blinks and backs up a little and then looks over at Mary and waves, least the room isn't too crowed right now...well too much anyways as breakfast is ending now.

With interest, Mary watches the Sparra say his goodbyes. "Mary!" Brother Maynard chides again, and the mouse winces under his glare before slopping her pail back to the stones. "Hi, Kenya!" She squeaks out in a whisper-shout as she reluctantly begins to mop in the corner of the Great Hall. Plenty of time for breakfast beasts to filter out before she gets too underfoot - and the spoiled mouse isn't the quickest on her chores. "I trust I can leave you?" The Brother sighs before mounting the stairs and leaving Mary alone. "Hi, Kenya!" She repeats, in a normal voice this time. "Who is your friend?"

Kenya says, "I..don't know he was a sparrow, seemed in a hurry I don't understand sparrows, maybe I can learn""

"We didn't get along with them, where I'm from. Not like you do here! I'd love to speak with one. Redwall is just /full/ of strange beasts - I'd never met a badger before Brother Gorvenalus, and I ain't never - have never - met a hare, but I'm sure I'll run into one /here/ before too long, too.!" Mary chatters,seemingly never running out of air. She jumps from subject to subject with much more ease than she labors to clean a small spot of the Great Hall. "How long have you been a novice?"

Kenya says, "A..week been a novice and...yeah may be a lot of hares here....well hopefully soon, to fight the bad guys""

"Yeah!" Mary agrees, nodding vigorously as she brings the mop to the floor with a wet 'slop'. She grows nervous. "I wish we could help more... Under siege, we may start running out of food, soon. Kitchen duties will hardly be helpful when /that/ happens... Are... Are you scared? Of the vermin outside?"

Kenya says, "I..don't think we will run out of food...and I am a little scared, of birds mainly one attack me in the tree house last week...it was scary""

"A bird attacked you?!" Mary balks. "It wasn't a Sparra, was it? Does this Who-Maz What's-His-Tail use birds?" As if she wasn't concerned enough before! The mouse shakes her head vigorously and tightens her grip on the mop's handle. "I... I lost my old home like this. Nobeast seems to be too worried and we /should/ be, we should be doing more!" It's obvious the novice is terrified of all that is happening.

Kenya frowns "A..hawk...someone named Rigel shot it with an arrow and..it got dead and beasts are..worried they just maybe try to not show it"

Mary nods, albeit slowly. "A /hawk/." She mutters, ears pinning back. It doesn't seem like she will be going outside anytime soon, does it? The mouse begins her mopping anew with much more rigorous strokes. "I just... Hope help gets here soon." Is all Mary can muster, an image of smoke clouding her mind.

Kenya says, "Yeah...me too but they could come too late or just in time or maybe the vermin will get scare or just go away before that"

"They don't have much to be /scared/ of." Mary admits with a sigh. "They can't get into the walls, but we can't get out, either. And they're a... Big army of armed warriors - most th'beasts in the Abbey are non-violent!" She waves at the habits they both wear. "The last time this happened, I ran away, but..." She begins to mop more resolutely. "Not this time. But it's still /scary/..." "MARY!" A holler calls out as Brother Maynard returns. "Mop over here next! And hurry it up!" The mouse gives a sad grin to Kenya. "Well, I have to be going. We can talk more later!"

==Sometime right after Lunch==

Kenya is sitting in one of the chairs, finally a chance to sit down and look at her book on herbs, she does seem to find it interesting. A few others are in the room, maybe a couple moles asleep by the wall.

The Great Hall is still busy, busier now then any other day, full of beds and beasts and Novices and Brothers and Sisters of the order running this way and that. Benar is crossing the room, stopping by beds to talk to worried woodlanders, reassuring them as best he can as he walks along. It is unnerving after all with a horde of vermin outside the halls dead set on killing or enslaving everyone. He stops when he reaches Kenya's chair and smiles at her, "How are you holding up Novice?"

Kenya closes her book and nods a hello to Benar "I....am ok..a novice is supposed to be...brave and I am trying to be and I have stayed inside the building as don't think any beast is allowed outside the building...are they?"

Benar says, "Yes we are currently asking no one goes outside who has not got a reason to do so." He smiles softly, "Same for me as for you, I am not going outside either."

Kenya nods "What about..harvest time or is that not yet? And I am ok with staying inside...birds could be....and I don't like birds now"

Benar settles down in a chair, "Harvest is in a few weeks, for most things but there things that should be being harvested now we have no choice but to leave. The Herb Garden we can probably risk. I've had the Friar and a few guards working in there as it is so close to the main building." He sighs, "But I dare not send anyone out into the fields or the orchards."

Kenya says, "Maybe things will be ok for now....or get some things when its dark?"

Benar says, "We can't risk harvesting in the dark Kenya, the sort of work that needs doing in the fields, it is not safe to do in the dark at all. We just have to leave it."

Kenya nods "I..I just want the bad beasts to go away, why don't they go away? Why be outside the walls for?"

Benar settles down in a chair, "They do not go away because they are misguided fools who think they can profit from breaking in here."

Kenya frowns "Its..scary a little...so we are safe right? And.....nothing to worry on...right?"

Benar says, "Nothing to worry about for now no Kenya, we are safe as we can be the walls are secure and our friends are keeping the vermin out," He leans back in his chair and smiles softly, "We will be perfectly safe"

Kenya nods "And we have a good amount of food it seems....I been helping set the tables in the morning and evening being busy keeps one from...worry I think and I been learning healing and thought of learning cooking or..making something with wood"

Benar says, "Yes we have plenty of food and wood in stock," He looks at Kenya, "That is why we do not need to worry about harvesting just yet. We have enough in stock, the refugees from the woodlands and from Ferravale brought a lot of food with them."

Kenya nods,"That's...good"She frowns "What about beasts still outside...will they be ok?"

Benar says, "I do not know Kenya, sadly I do not have all the answers, all we can hope is anyone outside has sense to stay hidden."

Kenya asks, "I would hide if I was outside but Martin showed help is coming so that's good and should make a lot feel better, if Martin showed help coming then it would and it would be on time wouldn't it?""

Benar says, "We have no time scale Kenya," He stands up and moves toward the tapestry then stops as one of the Brothers hurries up to him and he listens and nods to them before looking back at Kenya, "We can only have faith my child."

Gorvenalus makes his way down the stairs, "Hello...hoping the day is good, I have keep up with logs and right now nothing else , that I know of, to update on"

Kenya nods, she waves at the beaver, "There been a lot happening at once....hasn't there?"

Benar says, "Yes, a lot," He places a hand on the tapestry and sighs then moves back to his chair, "We are surrounded on all sides, last news from Matilda was that we were secure but there are a lot of vermin out there," He gestures to his guards, "I've got these guards following me around at all times, apparently Ormaz is intent on assassinating me.""

Kenya frowns, she seems to dislike this talk"Well....you can stay inside...maybe you can help with chores or..read a book, maybe..don't know.."She sighs "A lot are busy...think even Sinway is busy too, most likely on the wall guarding or something."

Gorvenalus says, "I seem to have no guards walking around with me or maybe I am just not noticing. I know Oz had one with him yesterday."He offers a smile "All logs are up to date....on the horde around the walls that's in the logs, the one group of slaves rescued, though there wasn't totally good news on that, Not sure where the freed slaves are...somewhere safe is my guess for now"

Benar sighs, "I am afraid we do not know, we received no news of them before the Abbey was surrounded, I can only hope they are hiding in the woods someplace safe and haven't been recaptured," He looks at Kenya and opens his mouth as if to say something then sighs and just leans back in his chair and closes his eyes, "What will be, will be."

Kenya just curls up in the chair and sighs, quiet for now.

Gorvenalus walks close to Benar, "The only word I got was they did get away, some monitor did bring Karth to the gates but I am sure you...heard"He looks at Kenya "Sinway is inside somewhere do not worry, he may be on the walls or elsewhere helping to defend the abbey inside the abbey somewhere, I am sure of it"

Benar seems to have nodded off in his chair, the Abbot's tail curled over his lap as he dozes, he has not been sleeping well at all of late.

Kenya looks over and frowns and then heads to the stairs"What ever......Sinway too busy...its ok"

Gorvenalus watches Benar and then walks over to Kenya " I am sure he wants to spend time with you. He is just ....busy I do not know, maybe his way of keeping his mind off things, staying busy even if its guarding to keep others safe"

Kenya frowns, "He said he would....take time off"She takes a deep breath "Guarding the abbey is important...I, I know just....thought he wanted to be....maybe someone was...right"

Gorvenalus frowns briefly "Who was right about what child?"

Kenya shrugs " Melantha....she said she heard him say he didn't time time for anything."She shakes her head, still unsure of some of the things the cat said. She starts to go up the stairs.

Gorvenalus sighs "The feline....well she likely lied...she was dangerous and proved it...its hard to say where she is now" He starts to follow her "I can see if maybe we can have Sinway get some time off, find someone else to do his guard duty a couple days."

Kenya glares, she shakes her head and " How you know....and No...I don't..."She sniffs "Don't need him or anyone just leave me alone!" And she rushes off to her room. She will answer for no one and likely sleep through dinner tonight.

Benar stirs awake, the voices waking him back up, he looks toward Gorvenalus, "Sorry I fell asleep, I have not been sleeping properly, I seem to spend half the night expecting something to happen."

Gorvenalus sighs as he watches Kenya rush off and then goes to sit by Benar "You should try and sleep my friend, if something did happen you would be better ready for it"

Benar says, "Thanks Gorvenalus, I am trying but well it is difficult, with an army camped outside the gates and a constant fear of assassins. You know they caught someone sneaking through the grounds toward my bedroom the other night?""

Gorvenalus frowns "I..had not know that, one of the horde beasts got inside?"

Benar says, "I am not sure, they got away before anyone else could get close."

Gorvenalus says, "Well....suppose we will just need to keep a good eye on things then, maybe it wasn't a horde beasts....who knows"

Benar says, "Indeed, I will be happier when all of this is over however, things are not going well."

Gorvenalus says, "Lets just hope no one else gets inside to try and harm anyone..it cant be too easy to get in if guards are posted along the walls and elsewhere"

Benar says, "I am sure it'll be fine," He sits up and smiles, "Matilda said she would make sure of it and I trust our new champion"

Gorvenalus says, "I do as well and Martin always chooses wisely.I say focus on good things and not bad"

Benar says, "Well for now all us non-warriors can do is rest and hope and wait that things will turn out for the best."

Gorvenalus nods"I can offer my healing skills if need during this time. Lets hope this doesn't last too long"

Benar says, "Thank you Gorvenalus, it is heartening to know everyone wishes to help protect our home."

Gorvenalus says, "Many will protect Redwall and help it best they can..weather its someone with fighting skills, healer skills, even others will help best they can and there is even small things like making sure things stay ...well as close to normal as they can possible be."

Benar says, "True, there are many of us, and we all have our own special ways of living and working together, as a team we make Redwall what it is. When those who would bring us down are often in it for their own gain and nothing more so are doomed to fail"

Gorvenalus says, "I know..some have gotten into the abbey before but...they did fail, the gates are stronger and from what heard sealed tight now. Why vermin try to...take down the abbey I don't know...."

Benar says, "It seems to be their obsession," He sighs, "I think sometimes they do it because we built it, but if we hadn't built it we'd have been easy pickings still"

Gorvenalus frowns "I remember when...my home was invaded but we had no we had no warning at the time, least Redwall had warning"

Benar reaches out and places a hand on the beaver's arm, "I am sorry for bringing this all back to you"

Gorvenalus nods "It is ...ok my friend. We all have good and bad times in life and friends help us through it"He smiles "I am glad Redwall is my home now and that I have many friends here"

Benar says, "Well what we have to do now is focus on keeping our home safe together," He smiles, "We all have our part to play after all. Though mine appears to be to wave graciously, say things that sound wise and stay out of harms way."

Gorvenalus says, "I can help you if needed, just let me know...I can tell beasts you are fine and need rest or will speak to them later"

Benar says, "Thank you Gorvenalus, it can get a bit heavy sometimes but it is an important job to do and mostly I enjoy it."

Gorvenalus smiles"Well rest is always important and needed at times. A guard can be posted at your door and by the window too if helps"

Benar says, "Thanks Gorve," He stands up and shakes out his habit, "I think for now I will head up and nap for now," he smiles, "I will see you later Gorvenalus."
The beaver nods and then goes to find Kenya, knocking on her door..”Kenya...?”

Kenya calls out “Go away!” She is not in the best mood now. She sighs and falls asleep, and yes she misses dinner so at breakfast is fairly hungry.

==Next Morning==

Kenya sleep through dinner, didn't answer her door for anyone at all! She missed setting up breakfast and so got grumbled at, what ever...she is now eating breakfast off to the side by herself.

Oz has been told of Kenya and so walks over and stands near her "Kenya...talk?" He will not yell as she likely has had enough of that, in fact he is fairly calm.

Kenya just eats her oatmeal and then speaks "What....did I miss something to do?" Still grumpy.

Oz sighs as he kneels beside her "Kenya...look, every beast has bad days and I can see about you having time off today, get a sort of ...well I always think sometimes a novice can have one thing forgiven". Heck maybe some other days "

Oz says, "Maybe the day off from chores, today only. Now if you wish to tell me why you are grumpy you can or not tell me that is ok as well""

Kenya sighs but speaks "The only ones that pay attention to me wither want to ask questions...or want me to do a chore, that's all and I though Sinway would keep his promise of paying attention to me...he didn't cause he doesn't like me..no one does. And other beasts have..families that care and I ..I don't....and tis not fair....tis not"

Oz frowns "I thought Sinway adopted you...that means he cares, he is your family"He smiles "The whole..abbey can be your family if you let it...and I care"

Kenya shrugs, "You care bout everyone....bout all the dibbuns and...and abbey beasts.." She frowns and goes to hug him, if he is ok with that.

Oz smiles and hugs her."Its ok Kenya, things will get better, it may not seem like it at first. But it will get better"

Kenya sighs,"Thanks...Papa Oz..and your never ever ever leave the abbey right?Your be here all the time right?"

Oz nods "I have no reason to leave,why would I? And if you need to talk you can always come to my room or where ever I am anytime you want. I have decided to let Tassel,Anatole and their newborn have Zork's room for now."

Kenya smiles a little "Did they name the baby? And what if I need you like..its the middle of the night?"

Oz chuckles "I get woken by dibbuns in the night sometimes, so it's fine and I do not think a name has been found yet. Maybe you can help them with that."

Kenya smiles "I would...like to help pick a name yes"She is a little happier now."Can I help now? Are they awake? I know some really nice names...."And she mentions some simple names, one long name and some otter fitting names.

Oz chuckles as he stands "Well then...let's go see."

Kenya smiles and goes to follow, her mood is better.......for now.

Board footer