Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-08 02:45:07 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Control and Anger Issues (Fate Of Marek TP, RWA log)

SCENE: Gatehouse loft, Redwall Abbey (it ICly happened on Sunday September 9th, 2018)

CHARACTERS:  DoraRose, a female mouse.  Emyuil, a male mouse.

LOG:
A rainy Sunday afternoon.  DoraRose usually loves this type of weather, but since the horde of villains came and set Redwall under siege, the Gatekeeper has been miserable.  The only satisfaction she gets from the rain is the hope that the evil creatures parked outside her home are getting soaked due to unsatisfactory shelter.  As the rain beats against the walls of the great sandstone Abbey, the Warrior is up in the Gatehouse loft, doing pushups, her sleeveless shirt showing off her bulging muscles with every move she makes.  With how sweaty she is, she probably has been at this for a while.

There's a knock on the loft hatch, just loud enough to be heard.  "Hey 'rose," comes Emyuil's muffled voice from below the hatch. "You wanted to talk to me?"

Laying down on the floor, DoraRose breathes deeply.  "Yeah....yeah, come on in."  She rolls onto her back and stares at the ceiling.  How many times has she stared at this ceiling at night since Leon died, unable to sleep without him there beside her?  How many times has she counted the beams, the sandstone blocks, the....well, there wasn't a cobweb there a week ago.  She scowls at it.

Emyuil comes up into the room, swearing softly when he almost whacks his head on the loft door.  He sits down on the floor next to his sister, his gaze travelling up to the cobweb as well. "I hate this rain," he mutters.  "Bad enough to not be able to travel around Mossflower until that horde is sorted out, but now we're stuck indoors too."

Giving her brother a look, DoraRose blinks.  "Why can't you go out in the rain?  Lily and I used to do it all the time....and my daughter loves to do that, too..." she sits up and pulls her knees to her chest.  Wrapping her arms around her legs, she adds, "I wanted to tell you...about Lily.  My daughter."  Tears have already started forming in her eyes.  "I took her to visit Marek back in June.....we got to the tavern, and he and Nightbreath were all tense.  There was danger in the room.  I let Lily hug Marek, then Blisa took her home and they spent the day drawing....the danger revealed itself to be Ormaz."  A tear spills down the Warrior's cheek as her jaw clenches.  "He threatened her just because she's his brother's friend.  Emyuil, he threatened her!"  She's turned to her brother now, slamming a fist into the floor, her voice rising in volume.

Emyuil's eyes widen, then he clenches both paws into fists. "He's dead," he hisses. "I'll tear him apart. Piece by piece, until there's nothing left that could ever hurt anyone."  He feels rage burning him from the inside, demanding to be let out.  "I'll kill him myself, and every last beast like him if I have to..."  Part of him is trying to force it back down, but most of him is slipping into almost blind rage.  "He's dead," he repeats, digging his nails into his palms.

Blinking, DoraRose goes to grab her brother by the shoulders. "Emmy....Emyuil! We'll do it together....plus, Marek went to try and get help from Willowbark Abbey, and I sent Lily with him. Maybe we can kill Ormaz before they come back and it won't even matter anymore." She scowls deeply. "If Matilda and Benar would just stop stopping me....." Oooh, looks like she has something else she needs to talk about....

Emyuil blinks as well, the fog slowly clearing from his eyes. "'rose...?" he whispers.  Shaking his head, he recovers.  "Right...together."  When Marek is mentioned, he almost protests.  Then he thinks on it. "You're right.  The safest place is anywhere but here. So even if we don't win, she'll survive."  He tilts his head.  "Why are they stopping you?  If we can kill Ormaz, the snake is headless and we win."

DoraRose clenches her jaws.  "They keep acting like I have an anger issue and will do something rash and stupid..." She stands and starts pacing.  "I'm not stupid!  I don't do rash things!  I don't have an anger issue!  If they'd....grr..." she grabs a wooden bowl that's standing on the washstand and throws it at the wall.  "My ideas....I just....AH!  I JUST WANT TO BE IN CONTROL SO NOBODY ELSE I LOVE DIES!!!  WHY CAN'T THEY JUST SEE THAT?!"

Emyuil doesn't flinch.  He walks over to DoraRose and goes to put his paws firmly on her shoulders. "'rose. Listen to me." He waits to see if she'll answer before saying anything else.

DoraRose has started shuddering, and tears are pouring down her cheeks.  "I just want him dead.....if he's anything like Marek, he'll get in here and enslave everybeast...."  She goes to rest her forehead on his shoulder and cries.  But she'll listen.  She's not telling him to shut up, at any rate.

Emyuil puts his arms around his sister gently. "Nobody is saying you're stupid.  Nobody is going to let anyone you love die. Even if they fail to protect you and Lily...then I'll do what they can't.  And that anger issue?  'rose, that's Bloodwrath.  It's in you as much as it is me.  We've been fighting it pretty much our whole lives, right?" He breathes deeply, sighing as he exhales.  "They don't think you're rash or stupid. I don't know Matilda very well, and Benar and I aren't exactly close...but from what I can tell they respect you as a warrior.  They don't want you to throw your life away. And neither do I," he whispers.  "Because as much as you need me...I need you." He looks at her, making direct eye contact; where moments ago he was a crazed, raging thing, now he's vulnerable. Almost a child again.  "I don't want you to go off and get yourself killed fighting an impossible battle.  They're not saying you can't kill Ormaz," he says, more firmly.  "They just want you to wait until we're sure of victory."

DoraRose looks into her brother's eyes, tears continuing to pour out of her own.  When he's done, she nods, then bursts out weeping.  She goes to hug her brother as tightly as she can as sobs wrack her body.  Because it's the day for rain.

Emyuil feels his anger slowly simmering. One day, he'll make it so that nobody can ever hurt his family like this again, he vows.  One day...Forcing the anger back down, he holds his sister as tight as he can in return.  Today, he tells himself, she doesn't need your skill at arms, or your anger.  She doesn't need you to be the Half-Rat.  She needs you to be her brother. Nothing more, nothing less.  She needs someone to listen and be with her.  And I swear I will do that until Hell itself takes me.

~*END*~

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by BlisaMarshmellow (2018-09-20 01:47:24 PM)

Board footer