Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-06 06:30:19 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Off To Willowbark-Fate Of Marek TP

Whom:

Marek- Ambassador of Ferrvale and Tavern Owner

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Dorarose- Gatekeeper of Redwall

Patch- Annoying but helpful rat

Rayen- Healer fox and Archer

Rigel- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Log:

===Redwall Abbey Infirmary===

Marek was up and out of bed, against the better wishes of the healers. He let them tend to his wounds and burns, apply what was need and fresh bandages and then was heading slowly to the doorway.

Patch notices and been watching"Hey..if your slipping out so am I, sides ya can't go wandering off alone your likely to fall over dead, with or without help from an enemy"

Rigel walks in and tilts his head "Someone is heading out? May be not good plan, least from front..many beast in the woods, and sometimes dirt road but they do nothing yet..odd but could be bad news yes?"

Marek turns "Patch....and Mr. Rigel. I can not stay here and more help is needed .A point is proven I shall need to have some company, you two may come along and if there is beasts close to the gates that means we should leave as quick as we can, while we can."

Patch blinks "Why would some beast be on the road or woods and be doin' nothing...that sounds dum"He turns to Marek and nods and errrrks "Shouldn't we get a healer ta tag along bossnman?"

Rigel asks, "They may be needin' healers here yes? Maybe we find one on trip?"

Marek says, "Mr. Rigel...I may know of one beast outside the gates, if she is still around but I am not planing to take any others with me a small few is less likely to be caught than a large group""

Patch nods "So small group..got it."

Rigel says, "I can offer my archer skills, also got good tracking skills so how far is this being if we be leaving...ummm now?""

Marek makes sure he has a few, not many, but a few supplies"2 weeks..about depending on a route to get there."

Patch folds his arms over his chest "Route...right I can find a good route and help avoid most beasts"

Someone knocks on the door politely before opening it and sticking their head inside. it is Benar, the abbot looks around and then moves in all the way, "I wanted to just see how you were doing Marek, sorry I haven't been in to see you before now things have been somewhat busy, the abbey is filled with beasts."

Rigel waves to the abbot"Greetings Abbot...yes beasts all safe inside....though there has been some siteings of not so good beasts in the woods and couple times on road yet they do nothing as of yet"

Marek turns when he sees the abbot, one eye now has an eye patch over it. He is currently standing up but goes to sit slowly in a chair some fresh bandages on his now.

Patch nods to the abbot, yes be polite today "We were getting ready fer a trip."He looks around, no he decides to not borrow anything.

Benar inclines his head toward Rigel, "Yes, Matilda has been reporting a variety of beasts seen watching us from the eastern treeline," he looks at Patch, "I heard you were preparing to go someplace," he then looks at Marek, "And that you were out of bed and planning to go... is that wise? You need to heal... what can possibly be in Willowbark that is so important you would risk your health like this? There are other beasts, beasts who aren't recovering from burns who can go."

Rigel frowns and speaks "Well he not be going alone and you are being needed of more fighters here yes?"

Marek clears his throat " There may be beasts there Mr. Benar that can help and if my brother is outside the walls as we speak it would be best for me to not be here. I can take a healer with me if you wish Mr. Benar but I will be fine and it appears Mr. Rigel and Patch will come with me and I have reason to believe Ms. Rayen is not too far from the abbey and she is a healer"

DoraRose enters the Infirmary Recovery. She looks grim and solemn....and determined. Noting who all is in here with a raised eyebrow, she nods to the Abbot, then turns to the stoat. "Is it true? That you're leaving the Abbey for Willowbark?" She has closed the door behind her and now stands with her legs planted firmly at shoulder width, arms crossed, looking directly into the stoat's good eye.

Patch looks between Dorarose and Marek, usually he would say something rude but...well he decides to be wise and say nothing as the mouse maid looks unhappy. He would leave but darn she closed the door, he sighs and keeps his mouth shut.

Benar looks at Dora then back to Marek, "I was just asking about that myself Dora... I... Marek the Long Patrol are coming I am sure that is what Martin showed me in my dreams last week. The Hammer Lord is Marching...." he pauses and frowns at the others, "Your brother is going to attack the abbey regardless of if you are inside it or not, I'd rather have your advice on him here then lost out in the woods."

Rigel just stays where he is, waiting to see what happens"I am knowing we should go soon if going"

Marek takes a deep breath and explains "Let him believe I am dead. My brother will do all he can to get inside, he won't stop and its hard to say if the Long Patrol will make it in time. There is not much advise I can really offer that I have not already offered"

DoraRose nods. "I'm not going to get involved in the 'should Marek stay or go' discussion." She glances over her shoulder, then pulls a small package and a jar out of her pocket. "I got my grandmother to tell me what creams of her fight infection. I then stole a jar of it and an eye patch so you can use the cream on your eye." She hands them over to the stoat, then adds, "If you do go, I would ask that you take LilyMoore with you." Her gaze hardens and her jaw clenches. "If Ormaz is anything like you, Marek, he WILL get in at some point, and I don't want my daughter anywhere in this area when that happens."

DoraRose returns to the Main Infirmary...

DoraRose comes out of the Recovery Room...

Benar looks at Lily then back at Marek, "I don't agree with Marek leaving and I really... am not sure how you expect to get to Willowbark and back again in time Marek. It's not that close but you're an adult if you decide to leave I won't stop you." He looks at Dora, "As for Lilymoore... she'll sneak off after Marek the moment she hears he has left regardless of what either of us say to her Dora, I'd much rather she was with Marek then sneaking through the woods filled with slavers and hoping to find him."

Rigel blinks but he listens, "Who is being Lilymoore" seems he has yet to meet her.

Marek takes the creme but frowns "Lilymoore with...me?" He sighs but will allow it, "As for Willowbark its not as far away as Salamandastron and I only plan to stay long enough to see if their champion or any other fighters would like to come. Then its back here"

Looking between the Abbot and the stoat, DoraRose shows nothing but surprise. "Oh! Um, okay....I was expecting an argument." She sighs and looks the squirrel in the eye. "That's not the reason I'm sending LilyMoore -- my daughter," she adds for the fox's benefit, "was there when I first met Ormaz. She gave Marek a hug before I sent her off to hang out with Blisa. Then Ormaz revealed himself and threatened her." She starts quivering slightly. "I want her out of the area when he gets here. Maybe while Marek and them are gone we will defeat Ormaz and I can KILL HIM!" All her pent up rage and helplessness come out in those final 2 words and she stomps her foot. Taking a deep breath, she closes her blue eyes, then opens them again. "I'm....I"m sorry. I just can't have my daughter here when Ormaz shows up."

Patch just...well..he isn't sure as he looks to Marek "Take the mouse already..take her"He whispers "Her mother scares me"

Marek takes a deep breath and then speaks "Alright ms. Dorarose...where is LilyMoore now as I am planing to leave out some back way now"

Benar folds his hands into his sleeves, "I have had enough arguments of late Dora... if you want Lily away to safety with Marek then to safety she goes," he turns to the window and opens it looking outside, "The Abbey is as secure as Matilda can make it... but if I could I'd get every child here to safety. But Redwall is our refuge, a bastion, It will hold Martin has sent us someone who can hold it but she will need you to be clear headed Dora." He turns back to his Gatekeeper, "You need to control your temper, your rage and not lose it, we need you thinking clearly."

Rigel raises a paw "Maybe if she is knowing her child is safe with us..less worry and more focus and clearness here yes?"

Smiling grimly, DoraRose nods. "I'll....try, Benar. I just....I haven't..." her smile vanishes as she looks to the floor, rubbing her arms. "I know I haven't been the same since Leon....I'll try...." she turns to the stoat. "She is in the Gatehouse. I'll go get her." Glancing at the Abbot, she adds, "I've been teaching her how to use my sword, and she's actually not too bad with it. Not, like, an expert by any means. But she could sort of defend herself in a fight if needs be, so long as some beast who can fight is there with her." She then turns and walks out the door, saying over her shoulder, "And I'll let Nana know that you left after you're gone. Else she'll drug your food or something...." and she's gone.

Patch sighs and looks at the door"There is back gates right?"

Marek nods silently and looks at Benar" One bit of advise Mr. Benar....my brother will likely try and go after the leaders or send...or try and send his horde after leaders. I will use a back gate as me,MR. Rigel,Lillymore and Patch head off...and I do wish you luck in all this Mr. Benar"

Benar says, "Very well..." he looks back out of the window then turns back, "Take the South Gate, travel south until you reach the ruins of St Ninians and circle out from there. That likely puts you out of reach of their scouts as they won't be watching the south as closely.""

Rigel nods "Sounds good..so off we go then, all is ready, I am hoping so cause we should be like now...get supplies later if not have em' now"

After a few minutes, DoraRose returns, LilyMoore in tow. The young mouse looks frightened, but she goes over to the stoat and gives him a hug. "Marek.....are we really going to Willowbark? Are y'sure you can make it?" The Bellringer has a haversack on her back, a cloak over her arm, and her mother's sword at her side, hanging from a brown belt. The Gatekeeper looks to the Abbot. "Which gate should I let them out through? And the sooner they leave, the better -- I /think/ a sparrow was muttering something about bad worms coming." She shrugs slightly, not really being able to understand Sparra speech. She turns to the door, already leading the little party of travelers off, figuring she can hear the Abbot's answer as she heads out the door.

Patch says, "I think we were leaving now.....right?"

Benar looks sharply at Dora and then out the window, he then reaches out and pulls the wooden storm shutters into place before closing the glass pane, "South gate, then reseal it," he picks up his habit hem so it is off the ground, "Good luck, everyone and I will see you soon."

Marek nods "Lets get going"He can answer any questions once they are in the woods and on their way to get to the Willowbark beasts.

==Out the south gate and to the woods and river ===

Once they reach the South Gate, DoraRose turns to the stoat. She opens her mouth to say something, then hesitates. She takes a deep breath, then goes to go something she's never, ever done before: give the Ferravale Ambassador a hug. "Keep her safe...please. I....I can't lose any more of my family." She pulls back and looks deeply into his eyes. "I am choosing to trust you. Stay safe, Marek...." Turning to her daughter, they embrace, both starting to weep. LilyMoore is a few inches taller than her mother, and is more willowy while her mother is stocky and strong. But their faces reveal their relation "I love you, Lily, and I'm sorry for everything I ever did that made you doubt that," the Gatekeeper says, hugging her daughter tightly. "Stay safe, and do everything Marek tells you to do." The Bellringer nods as she tries to hold back her sobs. "I will, Momma, I promise. Please don't die. I love you, too." They hug each other tighter, then the older mouse releases her daughter and kisses her on the forehead. "Go. And know that I adore you, and your father would be proud." Lily nods, and Dora opens the South Gate. Once they are safely outside, she closes the gate and reseals it, then, wiping her cheeks dry on her shoulders, DoraRose gets 4 chains and uses them to secure the 4 gates even more strongly. No enemy is going to get inside on her watch. She can only hope and pray that her daughter will stay safe. And that they can kill Ormaz before she returns.

Marek nods, once he and the others are outside they move quickly towards the church and will double back to the river where a boat is waiting for them.

Rigel acts as a back guard and keeps his longbow always ready.

Patch tagged along as well,  “A boat..well with the coming storm it should help us get some lost time in right?”

A voice is heard “And your going somewhere looking that horrible?” Its Rayen as she looks at the others.

Marek turns and nods “If you wish to come along Ms. Rayen get in now, or don't up to you.”

Rigel grins as he makes sure all is on the boat “The vixen with spunk..hello lass, always nice to have a healer and a very lovely one at that.”

Rayen just glares at Rigel “Touch me...hug me..kiss my paw or sit near me you die and we have one less beast on this trip.” She goes to sit down”I have healer herbs and bandages. Lets go..”

Patch smirks “I like her already, she stays bossman”He finds a seat and is ready to go.

Marek sighs and stays near Lilymoore, he is clearly tried from the fast pace walking they did, even a little jogging and looks ready for sleep, only after he makes sure its ok to rest will he take a small nap, the trip will be long but at least there shouldn't be any trouble as they got lucky, they were not spotted...its now on to Willowbark Abbey.

Board footer