Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-06 06:07:35 PM

oz

The Horde Has Arrived At The Gates Part 1-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:

Matilda-Champion of Redwall

Dorarose- Gatekeeper of Redwall

Emyuil- Dora's Brother and  warrior

Ormaz-Horde leader and warlord

Ironbark- Archer in Mossflower Defenders

Mary-Mousemaid

Fig- Rabbit warrior

Kakarauri-Assassin and Archer in Ormaz's Horde

Spoofed Horde beasts, Spoofed Guards and fighters, spoofed abbey beasts....

Log:

Kakarauri was happy to volunteer to come along, she has maybe 5 rats, 4 weasels and a couple foxes of course her lord and Master Ormaz has MUCH more.

Summer is dying. Slowly, but undeniably dying. If one looks, the signs are there; a few leaves have withered already, and darkness comes earlier each evening. And, of course, the weather has changed to herald in the autumn. The current rainstorm will possibly be the last of the season; sheets of rain lance down vengefully from above, and there's a sharp chill to the air despite its stillness. Visibility is limited, which suits Ormaz and his surviving warriors all the better. Dark shapes loom northward along the Dirt Road outside the gates...

The guards on the walls of Redwall spot the dark shapes looming out of the rain, they are close... too close for comfort and there are a lot of them. The cry goes up from the lookout on the corner of the West and Northern wall and suddenly beasts are moving back and forth atop the wall hurriedly.

A couple of minutes later more beasts start to appear, the abbey guards, volunteers from Mossflower county. A group of otters down from Camp Willow, the GOUSIM in all their riotous colorful bandanas. Redwall's allies answered the Abbots cry to abandon the woods and seek refuge but even so... how many are inside and how many outside, it's hard to tell who will have the greater numbers.

Matthias begins to ring, clashing back and forth with loud vigor, the alarm. Inside the Abbey the grounds begin to empty as visitors, refugees and Abbey residents either move to take up positions on the walls or retreat back into the main building. Then on the North-Western corner Matilda appears.

The new Champion of Redwall is dressed simply, the shield of martin on one arm, her other hand resting on the hilt of the sword as she stares north toward the approaching horde. The crowd of warriors, half trained Mossflower refugees and warriors start to move around the Hedgehog as she takes control of the situation and begins issuing orders. She's made what preparations she can for this moment, but at the end of the day their biggest advantage is the huge sandstone walls of Redwall Abbey.

Ironbark has made it back to the abbey only to have to duck behind a tree and frowns, seeing a lot of vermin"This...not good"

DoraRose has been on a little break, but now as the alarm resounds across the countryside, she dashes up the wall, her war hammer in paw. Her sword is mysteriously missing from her side -- she has not told the Champion where the Bellringer is, nor that she has the Warrior's sword with her. As she draws up to the Champion's side, she says breathlessly, "The gates are secured as best as I could get them -- I added chains to all of them, just to be sure. I've left some of the guards at each, just in case the vermin try to, like, I dunno, dig underneath them or something." She peers through the rain at the oncoming army. "I have my sling, if they fire at us," She adds, holding up her right paw to show that the sling is wrapped around her wrist, ready to shoot rocks at the enemy. She scowls and peers at the enemy forces again. "Curses, there's a lot of them..." She mutters.

Kakarauri smirks as she stays where she is with her small group the follows her "This...should be fun."She cackles.

Naturally, where DoraRose goes, the Half-Rat follows, and now is no exception. Emyuil sprints up to the ramparts, drawing his black sword once he reaches the walltops, hefting its familiar form as he stands next to his sister. Outside, the horde looms ever closer, Ormaz somewhere in their midst. Just outside of striking distance, the horde's ranks split, and they move to slowly encircle the abbey at a distance like a snake coiling its prey for the kill.

"Indeed there are a lot of them Dora," The hedgehog murmurs, "But we have the advantage of the walls," She leans on a rampart and stares down at the horde, "We just have to be ready for tricks, I doubt Ormaz is going to be planning to just overwhelm us, he's a stoat they are... tricky."

She turns back and surveys the walltops and frowns at the large group who are gathering and staring, for a moment she looks as if she is about to shout. But she takes a deep breath and just speaks calmly and quietly, most of them are not warriors.

"Everyone listen, DoraRose is as of this point my second, if I fall command defaults to her," She gestures, "Now go, you must not do this again, no gathering in a group to stare and look as if it was a every day garden variety show. Go to your places, you know where you should be, not gathered here to gawp, look the Eastern wall is practically empty and they are surrounding us."

She points and beasts start to hurry along the walls and down across the lawns. She then nods to Emyuil as he arrives before turning to Dora as the alarm bell continues to peal, "Now I want four groups of archers on each wall, we need pikes as well and we need to be wary of ladder raids, I also want a guard with the Abbot and Oz at all times, no two guards Ormaz will be aiming to assassinate me, Oz and the Abbot to demoralize us . We cannot let our vigilance on the Abbot or Papa Oz slip."

Late to the party but never the fun, Mary comes scrambling from the gate house, roused by the bells, with her sword clutched to her chest. It's still in its scabbard, a detail which becomes important as she trips and falls on top of it. Mud now dirtying her tunic, the young mouse maid manages to drag herself upright once more and rushes towards the chaos of encroaching violence, trying to get the belt around her slim waist. She isn't about to lose another home to this kind of violence, at least not without a fight! Can the abbey guest actually /use/ that short sword? One look at her and the answer is a very clear 'no'. Her voice is small and scared as she finally climbs the rampart and stops behind the champion and those gathered, clutching the hilt of her sword. "I'll guard ye marm, I will. Ain't a beast what'll get you." She's too frightened to bother correcting her own speech.

Ironbark watches the beasts and sighs, he has his longbow so he can fire at like...one beast at a time but he is sadly outside and not inside, so double not a good thing.

"Don't need no guardin'!" Comes the shrill response to Mary from a young rabbit with her own rusty little dagger in her belt and a sling in her paw. Fig hops to the rampart landing. "Wait, were you talkin' to me?" But it's chaotic and Fig tosses her head around, looking wildly about the hustle and bustle of an abbey at war.

DoraRose raises an eyebrow at the whole 'second in command' thing. Unexpected, but she can roll with it. Nodding, she turns to her brother and goes to rest a paw on his arm. "Hey, I need to tell you something about LIly later....just know that she's as safe as I can make her. And....trust me, 'kay?" She smiles, then turns to some nearby guards who have longbows and recurves in their paws. "Find the beasts who are the best archers, and take them to the 4 walls, a group to each." The guards nod, then run off. Turning to the new mouse maid, the Gatekeeper has to stifle a smile, despite the circumstances. "Well, hey, there. Nothin' like a willing volunteer." And then there's a rabbit. Oi vey. "Uh.....well, you guys are showing great courage to be up here. But I think that, since Matilda is a Warrior and has me and my brother up here to help guard her, that maybe you guys should go find Oz. He needs SO many guards, known. He could really use 2 more eager ones, right, Matilda?" /Please back me up on this and get them off the wall,/ her gaze seems to plead.

Kakarauri smirks, she does notice the squirrel and grins as she singles "Get him....how sad one of thier friends is outside..."

Emyuil glances to DoraRose, and nods after a moment. "...I trust your judgment. We can talk later." The horde beasts continue to fan out around the walls, like half-seen nightmare creatures in the rain. Soon, Redwall is completely surrounded by a veritable ocean of enemies.

Matilda smiles at Fig and Mary, she considers Dora's look but ignores it, "You two are with me, follow my lead and do as I say."

She turns back to Dora, "You have the West Wall, Emyuil please stay with your sister," She motions, "I will take control of the North wall, if you need to send a messenger use the relay but try not to leave your position unless it is a true emergency."

Turning back to the others she raises her voice, "We can do this, it may rain, it may be sunny, but Redwall is our home, it is our peace," She points at the main building, "Inside there are our friends, our families, our children and most importantly the Order," She looks each nearby beast in the eye in turn, "The Order of Redwall Abbey, the most caring, kindest, gentle, loving creatures you will ever meet. Their wisdom, skills and knowledge are what allow our way of life to blossom."

She turns finally to look into Dora's eyes, "They are our greatest charge, to protect them and the Charter of Peace they uphold is our greatest charge. Without them so much would be lost, we are warriors, messengers, archers, fathers, mothers, children but at the end of the day it is the Order who are at the heart of our community. Anywhere in the forest of Mossflower and even beyond their robes mean peace, tranquility, healing, harmony and hope and so today we stand the bulwark between hope and those  would pull it down. So go my friends, take your places and let us hold Redwall fast."

Ironbark takes a deep breath, yes try and run to the gates before the.....and he fails badly, so he goes to run towards where the camp is..no he can't endanger the slaves that was freed and about that time he is surrounded by rats and weasels and throws down his longbow as his paws go up"I..give up...don't shoot me" Great lets help the slave rank go back up as he is grabbed and dragged towards where ever they would take one woodlander slave as he sighs.

"Not /you/, longears!" Mary has forgotten the gravity of the situation the moment Fig catches up. "You can be the bait! Don't think the vermin will want no soggy-bottomed rabbits, though!" She sticks her tongue out at the rabbit - totally mature. Definitely worthy of being in the main area with the rest of the warriors, right? She sobers rapidly at Dora's dismissal and Matilda's counter command, and peeks over the rampart. Her blood runs cold, but she keeps a shaking paw on the hilt of her sword, pausing to reach her free paw over and give Fig's a squeeze. "Yes marm!" The mouse squeaks out, falling in behind the hedgehog, scowling her bravest, most self-righteous war-scowl, emboldened by the champion's speech.

"Ain't a dibbun," Fig begins to grouse, but Matilda's approval buttons her trap fast. Mary gets ignored. Feh! The rousing speech grants Fig a look of determination she shares with Dora and Mary and the others near her. The rabbit saddles close to the hedgehog. Not /too/ close... because spikes. Her tongue pokes out of her mouth as she slips a rock into the hammock of the woven little weapon. "Fer Redwall!"

DoraRose scowls slightly. UNGH, but they aren't seasoned Warriors....FINE. She listens to the Champion's speech, nodding slightly. "Aye, and the enemy will get to them over my dead body." She gestures at her brother, then starts quietly ordering the guards on the Western Wall (hey, she's in charge of the main gate!) into their positions. Butterclaw flutters up and twitters to her. She whispers a response to him, and then he flies away, over the South wall. Frowning, the Gatekeeper watches him flutter off, then turns back to 4 guards she hadn't told where to go. "Find Oz and Benar and stay with them. I'll figure out a rotation once we've established what Ormaz is doing." The guards nod and dash off. Taking a deep breath, the Warrior confesses to her brother (quietly, so only he hears), "This is going to be so hard....without Leon.....I feel like I'm drifting in the open ocean without an anchor." She glances at him, and reaches to hold his paw. "Don't leave. Please. I...I need you here, by my side. Okay?"

Kakarauri grins as she grabs a hold of Ironbark "Well well..you were with the others at the Blackrose base, where is ya friends?" She grins "I know one is in the dark forest now."

Emyuil's scarred paw wraps tightly against that of his sister, with surprising care. "I'm not leaving you. Not now, not ever." His voice is strong and determined, yet quiet. "I can't promise either of us will survive this. You know that. We accepted the risks when we took up arms so long ago. But I'll do my best, I swear. And no matter what happens, I love you, sister. And I'll protect you no matter what." His eyes flash. "If they want to get in here...let them come. We'll be ready for them. I may not take well to the peaceful life, but I"ll walk willingly into Dark Forest before I let them take it from you."

To the west, a ripple of movement goes through the half-seen ranks of the horde. Ormaz strides forward, a cluster of his best remaining troops at his sides. He comes within earshot of the walls, and his voice rings out for all to hear. "Parley! I demand a parley with whoever has the misfortune of being in charge."

Watches as Ormaz approaches and motions Mary and Fig to follow, "You two are to remain quiet, I won't have anyone speaking out of turn."

The hedgehog then moves along the wall until she is as close to Ormaz as she can be. As she moves she motions for archers who have nervously strung their bows and are pointing them at the stoat to lower them. "The abbey never shoots first, if anyone shoots an arrow without orders I will send you to Friar Lacota."

Once the hedgehog is level with where DoraRose was standing she fixes the mouse with a look, "Let me do the talking here, I won't have anyone doing anything rash," She then climbs up onto the ramparts and draws the sword of Martin the warrior, planting the point in the stone before her and wrapping her hands around the red pommel stone. She looks down at the stoat.

"I am Matilda, Champion of Redwall, this is the Sword of Martin the warrior. You vermin must know the truth of History. When the Sword of the Stars is held in the hand of Redwall's Champion, the Abbey will not fall."

She fixes him with a look, her spikes spread out on either side as she looks down at Ormaz, "I will accept your surrender, or your may quit the field and leave," she gestures, "There is a wide world out there in which you can live and love, leave Mossflower now and you can know peace. Stay and there lies only the path to Dark Forest for you."

Bristling with her own self of self-worth, Mary stays at Fig's side behind Matilda. "Gross, the adults are getting really sappy." She complains in a hushed voice to the rabbit, nodding behind her at the show of warrior's affection on the ramparts. The spoiled teen is hardly equipped to grasp the moment, or maybe she is just scared, but bolstered by the security of the walls and her false sense of bravado, the mouse puffs up and nods at Matilda's orders. "Yes marm!" Still, as she stands like a none-too-intimidating sentinel behind the hedgehog, she can't help but mutter: "it's '/whom/ever is in charge', y'stoat-headed ninny." in a huff. Yeah, showed him... Grammatically.

Ironbark struggles in the paws of the insane marten and kicks at her, "Let me go ya insane bag of fur....."He spits at her and growls "Your stupid monitor and that cat killed me friend, your gonna pay for that weather its today or tomorrow or another...ya scum..slime..."Some not so fun words here are said.”Ha..tell you where they are..over me dead body fubag!”

"Dun' be a child," Fig snorts back. Her sling is stretches between her paws and she is fixating her eyes on Matilda for orders to fire. Her ears are slicked back until she hears the horde leader speak. One lifts curiously. Fig frowns thoughtfully and nudges at Mary with an elbow. "ShHHhhHhh!"

DoraRose goes to squeeze her brother's paw. "I love you, too. I'm sorry I haven't always been the best sister I could be." Then Ormaz shows up, and the Warrior begins to shake. But the Champion's words keep her quiet....for now. Glaring at the hedgehog, the Gatekeeper spits out, "FINE. But if he mentions my daughter, all bets are off. He's threatened her once. I won't keep silent if he does so again." Then she glares down at the stoat as the Champion speaks, her grip on her hammer handle tightening until her knuckles turn white.

Kakarauri looks at Ironbark and smirks "It was likely fun...now shut up Ormaz is gonna speak to your stupid abbey and he needs silence"She goes to knock the squirrel out. And then turns as she listens to Ormaz's next words.

==What will happen? Stay tuned for Part 2!!==

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer