Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-03 10:04:17 AM

oz

News Good and Bad-Fate Of Marek TP

==Since this is after they learn of Karth gonna say this is of course the 4th, when asked most things icly happen on the 3nd-4th and Karth was dumped at the abbey gates before the sun rose on the 4th so this is that morning then ====

Who:

Oz- Badger Mother AKA Papa Oz

Marek-Tavern Owner and Ferrvale Ambassator

Kenya-Novice in the order

Sinway-Fighter in the Mossflower Defenders

Benar-Abbot of Redwall Abbey

Log:

=================
Redwall Abbey  Infirm
=============

Oz had the meeting, he didn't want to but he sort of volunteered to shut everyone up, now he finds himself in here asking advice from the one beast who first came up with the idea.."Marek...are you awake?" If not he will go away.

Marek opens his one eye, the other bandaged now and an checked a lot as he manages to speak "What brings you in here Mr. Oz? He sits up slightly, just a little "My guess is my brother has caused more trouble."

Kenya peeks in the infirm but doesn't come inside yet.

Oz shakes his head "Not that we know of, this was caused by the cat Melantha. The group did manage to rescue the slaves, but she escaped..and."He sighs "For now it seems the Defenders are without a leader...least one that is in Mossflower"

Brother Rafael stays close and taps his foot paw slightly, "Maybe its best he just rests I don't care if he started this group up at first"

Marek listens as he keeps tract of what happens , "Calm your self Mr. Rafael. I did start the Mossflower Defenders and then handed it off to Mr. Xander but I thought he had Mr. Karth in charge while he was ..away"He glaces at the doorway"Hello child"

Kenya frowns but comes the rest of the way inside "I can...leave. I was just seeing if Brother Rafael could..maybe...give me a healing lesson...whats going on? I heard Karth went with the others and took Melantha away, they said she was bad but she was nice to me...maybe she changed?"She frowns "I mean she wouldn't of showed them where the slaves are if she was bad, she wouldn't of helped free them if she was bad, maybe she just needs a 2nd chance and Sinway said she hurt Karth."

Oz sighs "I do not know what happen in the office, I know Karth,Ironbark and some others from Blisa's personal guard had the cat lead them to where the slave base was, the slaves were freed...I am not sure of the base if it stands or not, and that they are resting a few days at a makeshift camp till some beasts better recover...."He frowns as he speaks the next words"The cat escaped, and she killed....Karth is dead"

Marek is in shock"Mr. Karth is ....dead?" He frowns and clears his throat "I am not going to replace him as leader I already told others that, it may be best the Mossflower Defenders work together for now till Mr. Xander returns and have faith he will succeed in his mission and return in time to help take down my brother."

Kenya walks in very slowly "Karth..died?" She frowns and sits in a chair looking at Marek, she has no real clue who he is."My name is Kenya...not child, I am 5 seasons now that's novice age and I hope to be one soon."

Brother Rafael finally answers after tending to a couple things "I am sorry I didn't answer right away Kenya. I suppose I could teach you something, but we start with basics and see what you know and then see how I should put together our lessons and your need to start after breakfast starting tomorrow"

Oz frowns "Yes...I am sorry Melthna killed him. She is our enemy and she may of led the way to the slaves but she tried to double cross the group also and escaped somewhere but I am not sure they are looking for her or not as there is more important things to be concerned of, one why was the base so easy to get into from what I heard not many were there"

Marek nods "Unsettling...if my Brother didn't have many at the slave base, if can only mean one thing..he is setting his plans into action and most likely on his way here. More help is going to be needed, I may need to find a way to slip out unnoticed with a very small group of beasts."He looks at Kenya "Ms. Kenya..not all beats are trustworthy in this world, your sadly learn that as you get older. Change can happen but that takes time as well."

Kenya frowns as she looks at the floor, some tears ...how could she be tricked, she still seems unsure , she smiles when the squirrel mentions lessons "Really?"

Brother Rafael nods "Yes but starting tomorrow after breakfast I am busy today with rechecking supplies and keeping an eye on Marek, as well as an otter maid that may be having a dibbun soon, though this is not the best time for that but one can not control when a dibbun wants born after all"

Oz tilts his head "Tassel correct?"

Marek leans back onto his bed and sighs"Not the best time no Mr. Rapael. I have a bad feeling we could be under siege very soon."He glaces at Oz "Mr. Oz I suggest having a meeting with what ever Mossflower Defenders are here in the abbey, find out whom is outside the abbey and where,maybe have a sparrow check with Mr. Ironbark and get more updates from them."

Kenya seems more excited about a new dibbun being around "Really...little babies are cute, can I see it when its born, can I help any?"

Oz listens to Kenya and Marek as he sighs "We will...figure it out..somehow, in the meantime maybe we should let Marek rest and head downstairs"

Marek lets the others speak as he drifts back into some needed sleep.

============
Redwall Abbey Cavern Hole
============

Kenya walks into the room and sits down, she is happy to get a chance to learn some healing but also upset at other things going on.

Oz makes his way into the room slowly and sighs as he sits down, well some advise was given but he still isn't sure what to do with everything going on and the idea of more happening is not good at all.

Sinway is already inside the cavern hole one paw holding his mug while the other is being used as a pillow, a plate of unfinished food sitting in front of him, seems the otter has fallen asleep right in the middle of breakfast

Kenya frowns and stands to walk over to where Oz is first just standing quietly in front of him, then speaks "I..didn't mean to interrupt anything. I'm...sorry..did..."She glaces at Sinway and frowns before looking back at Oz ..."Is something bad gonna happen soon? We gonna be ok? Did Melantha..really......or was someone just real bad hurt.?"

Oz sighs but speaks "I am sure the abbey will be fine, its been through times like this..."He frowns "And yes..she did, and he did.."He sighs well she overheard earlier "He did die but they did help a lot of beasts get free, I am not sure where they are but I am sure they are safe and will stay safe till they can get back here...or if not here somewhere safe."

Sinway wakes up now and notices he is no longer alone the otter quickly wiping away a few tears staining his fur and taking a large gulp from his mug, not really saying anything just going back to eating as if he never fell asleep

Kenya nods and sits down beside him. She smooths out her dress as she speaks, seems she been doing some reading"I..tried to find something bout..Melantha...didn't find anything so looked up someone else the abbey seems to...have mixed feelings on. the stoat in the infirm ok to..talk to?" She looks over at Sinway but stays where she is for now.

Oz has heard Sinway but speaks with Kenya "Marek is a friend, he is good and yes you can talk to him...but maybe not today he needs a lot of rest. He was in a ..fairly bad accident but somehow managed to do a lot of damage elsewhere."He changes the subject "Most likely why Brother Rapael said your healer lessons can start tomorrow and do be on time."

Kenya nods and smiles, she glaces at Sinway and seems unsure of weather to go over to him or stay where she is "I...I want to learn healing and help beasts. Healers save..."She frowns "Well most beasts right?"

Oz says, "They try their best to. Healers can't save everyone and sometimes they deal with beasts upset over that....and healers have to sometimes tell another if..one dies and trust me that's hard. I remember when Brother Leon was Master Healer and he was going to tell me my..brother died, I found out before he got a chance to tell me, Zinnia....she had locked herself in the bookbinding room and I had been outside on a picnic with the dibbuns and..missed by an hour what happen, so I ask why is she locked in there and where was her father and she said he was dead...I remember yelling at the master healer on why did I find out from my niece and not him or Benar...I later told him sorry for yelling but...its hard to deal with. But healers also do save beasts, sometimes when it looks like a beast will die a healer can manage to save them just...not all beasts sadly."

Kenya frowns remembering her mother in the infirm and nods, she tilts her head "You...had a brother here?"

Oz smiles "Older brother...his name was Zork and he was the blacksmith, he adopted Zinnia....and Zinnia was Xander's mother. Zork was a warrior till he was forced to retire and lay aside his blade, Xander has the blade now.....what surprised everyone, including me is when my brother decided to join the order and become a Brother in the order."He chuckles "I thought he was joking and well...nope he wasn't"

Kenya smiles as she listens, "Did you ever use the blade, or work in a forge, or anything like that?"

Oz shakes his head "No..I never liked weapons....I did learn to use a staff, but that's all and I have no clue what to do with a forge. The forge here makes small tools, silverware and pans and nails..door hinges and stuff like that. My brother knew how to make weapons and armor and repair them but he didn't do those things here, mainly in Send Valley and sometimes in Ferravale he would ."

Kenya nods"I..don't think I could be a fighter either, or..forge ...whatever..."

Sinway coughs a few times after finishing his food, he hasn't really been paying attention to the conversation he might not even be aware of who else is in the cavern hole right now. he just finishes his food and drink

Kenya walks slowly over to Sinway now but stops close to him, she seems unsure of..bothering him and frowns.

Benar walks into Cavern Hole with a wrapped package and glaces over at the others in the room as he sits down,"Hello all...Kenya maybe its best to come over here to me right now."

Oz stands he may go check on Sinway though himself, just to make sure he is ok.

Sinway finally notices Kenya and offers her a smile, though it is a half hearted one before his attention turns to Benar giving the abbot a polite nod

Kenya smiles a little and then walks over to the abbot and sighs, she is in trouble isn't she.."I'm sorry.."Best say it now. She keep her paws behind her back and just waits for what she assumes is a lecture of some sort.

Benar gives her a stern look and then speaks "I am sure your forgiven...now I need help with something, can you open this for me please."He quietly watches the young otter

Oz asks, "Are you ok Sinway? Did you need anything...talk later maybe?"

Sinway looks over to Oz and shakes his head "No......" He then turns his attention over to Kenya and Benar

Kenya nods as she helps him open the package, taking care with the couple knots in it and mutters once, but gets the knot out and finishes opening it for him and nods "There...."She studies what's inside but doesn't say anything, she quietly stays in front of him for now.

Benar speaks "I have some things to tend to this morning....maybe you can keep a hold of my list and check things off, write down anything I need to make sure to remember but..you will need to change into the robe and meet me in my quarters in an hour, understand Novice Kenya?"

Oz frowns and goes to pat Sinway gently on the shoulder as he listens in on Benar and Kenya slightly and smiles a little..well brightening the mood right now is good.

Sinway smiles a little more standing up and patting Oz on the shoulder in return before walking over to Kenya kneeling down beside her and giving her head a little rub "See lass, told ye didn't I, that ye was gonna be a novice."

Kenya blinks as she listens,she stares at the light green robes of a novice and smiles and goes to hug Benar"Thank you and yes yes I..I will be up there before the hour in fact"She is happy and smiles even going to hug Sinway.

Benar smiles "You are welcome "He hugs in return and smiles as he stands up and shakes out his robes "I need to speak with the Recorder on this and shall see you in my room soon, remember to eat breakfast first as well."Benar will have his in his room this morning.

Oz smiles "Congrats Kenya, just remember to stick with your lessons"He is glad of good news today.

Sinway hugs her close "I'm so happy fer ye Kenya." He lets go after a few moments before standing up and walks close to Benar whispering "Thank ye, she really needed this."

Kenya smiles and goes to give the badger a hug too, she is really happy this morning and smiles"I am gonna go change now!" She quickly rushes off towards her room.

Benar nods as he smiles softly"I think she approves of my decision. I was going to wait a few days but figured she can be told now, and good news is much needed right now."

Oz listens as Kenya rushes off and nods "Yes I rather hear good news over any bad news."He sounds a little concerned though .

Sinway nods "Aye.....I'll be rejoinin' soon.....though I have to admit after hearin' about Karth I don't know if I can wait.....I feel like if I keep waitin' I'll just go seekin' revange for Karth next."

Benar frowns "Please stay inside the abbey Sinway, I dislike it when beasts..go outside without letting me know till afterwards."He walks over to Oz "Is all ok Oz, there isn't anything else I need to know of is there?"

Oz sighs "I spoke with Marek, he said it was good slaves were freed but that it shouldn't of been as easy to get in and out of that place, there should of been a lot more trouble, and that it prooves Ormaz may well have his sights on something else...the abbey and how its likely that's where most of that horde is, with Ormaz somewhere and seems he left very few to watch the slaves. I do not know where the makeshift camp is, hopefully where ever it is our friends are safe there and stay out of danger best they can"

Sinway frowns and lets out a long sigh "But that also leaves all of Blisa's guard away from the abbey leaving us with even less experienced beast to help defend." Looks like hanging up his sword truly is going to have to wait till after this is over, if they survive that is "Why did they have to go rushin' out so foolishly with out so much as a plan."

Benar nods "It may be best to not know where they are and hope they keep safe they could still get back soon and I do not know. We just need to stay on the alert, if anyone goes on the grounds have a guard with them I know there is some fighter among refugees"

Oz listens as he stays nearby.

Sinway nods "Aye but it still not as much as I would like, and while the volunteers have been doin' well in there trainin' none of them have seen real combat......just wish we could keep it that way, but if what Marek said be true....it doesn't look like we will be able to."

Benar frowns, he is concern and worried but tries to not let it show, "Martin will not let the abbey fall...we need to not let worry and...fear get to beasts just keep things as orderly as possible, as normal as we can..."He sighs "I need to get going..."He walks upstairs to his room quietly.

Oz frowns as he listens "Benar is concerned, all this does worry him but he has a point we need to not worry everyone or it could cause beast worrying too much or panic and panic is not something we need right now. Ormaz is likely up to something, what its hard to say but its likely not good"

Sinway nods "I know that, but that still not changin' the fact we ain't ready fer what ever it is he is plannin', I just hope Xander......" He pauses for a second "Tis not gonna be easy tellin' Xander and them that Karth is gone.........what are we gonna tell Misu......" He frowns and starts to walk off "I need some time alone Oz....and I'm sure ye got some dibbuns to take care of."

Oz sighs as he nods "I..do not know. Maybe I can tell them the news when it comes time to....and we may not be ready but we will still fight, if the vermin horde get in..I will fight if need be..trust me if one of those foul....beasts lay a single claw on one of my dibbuns it will be the last thing they do one way or another..."He takes a deep breath and clears his throat...just in time its an invasions....of dibbuns!!!He smiles "Hello my dibbuns...yes yes lets start the day"He chuckles and allows picks up one of them and allows one on his shoulder and he is off"Have a good day Sinway"Even a couple dibbun wave to the otter and go off to where ever they go for the start of the day.

Sinway chuckles and watches as the blind badger walks off with his pack of dibbuns he waits a few minutes before leaving him self going to find a place to be alone and think.

Last edited by oz (2018-09-03 10:08:09 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer