Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-01 09:13:42 AM

oz

Stay Away From The Cat-Redwall Log

==very very short but still good log===

Who:

Oz-Badger Mother, AKA Papa Oz

Kenya- Soon be novice, lately trouble teen?

Melantha- Leader of the BlackRose

Dorarose-Gatekeeper of Redwall

Log:

Melantha is still here, and right now eatting breakfast. She has behaved and -shown her trustworthyness- enough that only one guard is here, she will still have a guard no matter what. But one of the two guards had to go..splinter in thier paw, so one stays ever watchful to make sure she cant go out the door, i mean she cant get to the window and its a long way down without injury.
Kenya peeks inside and walks over after a quick I wont get too close. "Hello Melantha"   

Melantha smiles in a friendly way "Well if it isnt my friendly little otter maid, how are you today?"   

Kenya smiles "I am doing ok" She sits close by"You can make washing and drying dishes fun and I tied rags to my footpaws and slid across the floor even thoug Sister Ginny screamed..it was fun and the floor got clean faster and no one got hurt"

Melantha nods, smiles, "Well I say thats intresting dearie may have to remember that if someone cleans my floors...make it fun"

Kenya chuckles a little" maybe they will let you look around the abbey today its a lot nicer other areas than in here..its sort of yucky in here"   

Melantha shrugs "Oh you know they think I am bad...oh I have changed dearie..gonna see the light" Yes the light of outside mainly or so she wants that"Not harmed anyone"This is true.

Kenya says, "Well you can still have a guard with you and walk around, though outside is very very limited cause of possible attcks but nothing has happen..maybe no bad beasts are around anymore"

Melantha says, "I bet they all vanished..beast here are just so over protective...so worried it seems. But if bad beast were around they be trying to get in by now and clearly they have not. I am sure they left"

Kenya smiles "You think so, that be so great!"   

Melantha just grins "Why would I lie and has bad beats been around, why no dearie.They for sure left..gave up and all."   

Oz steps in about this time "Kenya..why are you in here..with her?"   

Kenya frowns "She isnt hurting me, she hasn't hurt anyone Papa Oz"   

Melantha just smirks "She does speak the trurth...wait your name is Oz...oh my father knew you, I am sure you remember him"She smirks a little.

Oz glares best he can towards where the cat is , oh yeah he remembers Blackfur "Kenya...leave this room and don't come back to it.I am sure Sinway will be worried if he knew you were up here"   

Kenya frowns and then pouts "No....I am fine and..and she my friend"She look between them "Your father and Papa Oz knew each other?"   

The cat chuckles "Oh yes they did..they didnt like each other.See he tried to kill my father."She is having fun with this "So like an abbey beast...its a vermin either ignore it or kill it"   

Oz snorts "Your father posioned me..I was in the infirm for weeks cause of it and he captured the champion at the time."   

Kenya frowns as she listens

The cat just rolls her eyes "Well..he had his reasons and your champion at the time....he was a fool, but thats the past and I am not like my father" That's true she isnt.   

Oz folds his arms over his chest "I could care less cat...Kenya leave the room" He sounds...grumpy.   

Kenya feels the tears come "But...I...."She sniffs and then stomps her footpaw "She just said she isnt like her father dont you listen! She is nice and she is my friend and your being mean to her!"   

The cat just watches quietly and looks at her claws, oh she could so claw the badger's throat it would be sooo quick but she holds in the urge to slay, she has to play the friend part and that would win her nothing.

Oz takes a deep breath "Your not to come up here go to class!" He points to the door "Now!"   

Kenya is in  tears...and she shakes her head"I...I hate you!" And she races out the door,down the stairs and she can care less she is going to the tree house and he can find her later or someone else can. She likely didn't mean the words they just came out so fast and without thinking.

The cat just smirks "Young ones..sooooo differcultt at times hmmms...stripe dog?"   

Oz just leaves the room"Shut...up...vermin" He makes his way down the stiars and wipes away a tear as it falls down his cheek.

***A few minutes Later**

Oz sits in his chair drumming his fingers on the arm of the chair as he then sighs. He has some tea but he has let it get cold, something he usually doesn't do.   

DoraRose comes into the Great Hall, looking decidedly grumpy. She's in her training outfit, like she has been since the end of June, and her usually almost-silent tread is at this moment a very loud stomp. She flops into the chair closest to the badger and scowls deeply, not saying anything. Seems the Badger Father isn't the only one who's not acting like themselves today.   

Oz listens quietly and clears his throat "Stop the training so much. You train too much lately I know the abbey could be in danger but slow down already."He sighs "Rest...sleep is good and makes one feel better and better ready for surprises..or better ready for foolish felines who in my opinion should be set outside the gates and they need better guards guarding her...she needs out of here...annoying stupid cat... feline pest"   

DoraRose glares at the badger. "What? Oh my word, have you and Matilda been talking about me behind my back? SHE told me to go off duty and come in here for a break!" She kicks the leg of another nearby chair, grumbling "I do sleep, I make sure to get plenty of sleep...." Which she has, and she has continued LilyMoore's mandolin and sword fighting lessons. She just hasn't been doing anything else that she finds relaxing. "Oh, do you mean the slaver? Yeah, I think it might be wise to get her out of here sooner rather then later. My grandmother has been muttering about slipping poison into her food."   

Oz sighs"I dislike yelling at the young ones...found myself doing it today..well one of them and I know she is likely in that tree house again....she is calling that cat friend, that cat wants to be no one's friend..that cat is dangerous just like her father was dangerous...she runs the same thing he did..."He takes a deep breath and coughs a little, quiet as he got too upset and does wish to cry , did that earlier, "And you can relax doing...things...stuff...sew maybe..clean maybe......teach a class on...I don't know..stuff"   

DoraRose scowls darkly, but doesn't say anything about the whole 'do stuff to relax thing'. Instead she focuses on the slaver. "Anybeast who sells slaves for a living shouldn't be trusted. My grandmother says they should all die -- I've asked Nissaya to make sure she doesn't go anywhere near the food that cat is getting. Or wherever she is in the Abbey. I think we should kick her out once she's healed...."   

Oz says, "She seems to have befriended Kenya, it concerns me and telling Kenya that is...like...difficult, I have yelled and punished before...just try not too but this is something totally different and she doesn't understand, there is one she listens to but I am unsure she will listen to him now. She ran off, I know she didn't mean the words she spoke but it still hurt at the moment and that...feline bring up memories didn't help either"

DoraRose glances at the badger, her face softening. "Should I try talking to Kenya? I don't know if she'd listen to me, but I could try. Has Krisha tried?" She shifts in her chair and curls her legs up underneath her, basically folding herself up and getting cozy, which she hasn't done for a while. "Did you say that you knew this cat's father?"

Oz nods "I knew him...fought him, was a long while ago. Blackfur..he lived and poisoned me, I got lucky to of survived it from what I was told. I ended up yelling and told Kenya to leave the room now and stay away from that cat so she said she hated me and bolted from the room"   

DoraRose cringes slightly. "If this cat is from the same stock as her father, then maybe we should get rid of her as soon as possible...in a /polite/ way, not the way my grandmother wants her gone." She turns in her seat and drapes her legs over the arm on one side, her back leaning against the other arm so she's facing the badger better. "That must've been really hard for you to do, Oz. Kenya seems to just be believing anything this cat says. I wish I knew how to convince her otherwise without just letting her get hurt."

Oz says, "I don't know what to do....there is not very many..difficult...well she isn't really much of a dibbun, she is novice age and wants to be one and she likely will get novice robes soon. Last time she went in that tree house, if that's where she is , Sinway got her out but I don't know if he can now or not, she trusts that cat..its her friend she said, she hasn't hurt anyone..that is not totally true.."He sighs "Ok she didn't hurt him but she tried to hurt Benar..she could of killed Benar if she wasn't knocked out and maybe she wasn't going to but who knows what her plan of action was at the time"

DoraRose's jaw tightens. "Does Kenya know that the cat did that to Benar? If not, then maybe she should be told. Perhaps by Benar himself.....with the cat there. Y'know, to see if she denies it or not." A hard glint has entered the mouse's eyes (like the badger could see that, but maybe he could tell by how hard her voice has gotten). "I could try to be there for that, just in case the slaver tried anything....what /is/ her name, anyway?"   

Oz says, "Melantha is her name and she tried to grab Benar from behind while in the infirm, that's why she is in that old office now, guards at the door but there was only one earlier cause she is behaving and she did tell where the slaves are, the champion has the area on a map and been planing what to do and whom should led that"

DoraRose purses her lips. "Melantha, huh? Even her name sounds evil....maleficent." She turns, her feet plopping to the floor. "I know Ferdinand and the rest of the bodyguards are wanting to go on the rescue mission to try and save Blisa. I think if they're not included in the planning they'll just sneak out and follow whoever goes." She pauses, then asks, "How do we know this Melantha is actually telling the truth, though?"   

Oz frowns "I don't know and I wasn't there when she told them or I may of been able to listen to her voice tone...take her with them maybe?"   

DoraRose smiles. "Oh, I think Ferdinand would LOVE to take her with them....perhaps at swordpoint, y'know? Maybe we should let him." She stretches slightly. "Who did question her, do you know? Maybe they were able to tell if she was lying or not.....and hopefully it's just that Kenya is gullible and naive, and not that Melantha is an exceptionally good liar."   

Oz says, "The champion was there and..maybe Karth, you can check with the champion and see "

DoraRose nods and stands. "I'll go ask her, then. And seriously -- it might help to have Benar and whoever else was there at the time tell Kenya what Melantha did....with Melantha there to hear it. And if that doesn't convince her.....then I don't know what will." She turns and heads to the door, then pauses and looks back at the badger. "And....thanks. For your advice about.....relaxing and stuff. I....I haven't been." Her voice hardens. "And I'm not sure if I'll be able to for a while. Ormaz threatened my daughter because Marek is her friend....I'm not sure I can rest while she is in danger." She sighs. "Have a good evening, Oz. I'll see you later." And she leaves to go talk to Matilda about what the slaver said.

Oz sighs and nods slowly, he finally goes to sip the tea..cold so he sits it down, gets his staff and slowly stands, he has the dibbuns to tend to and will have someone see if Kenya is in the tree house and if needed, go get her himself.

Last edited by oz (2018-09-02 07:07:47 AM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-09-02 07:08:30 AM

oz

Re: Stay Away From The Cat-Redwall Log

Updated the log as I added a short little talk with Dorarose Oz had right after he went downstairs

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer