Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-30 05:07:03 PM

oz

Marek Is Awake-Fate Of Marek TP

Who:
Marek-Tavern Owner and Ambassator of Ferravale

Benar-Abbot of Redwall

Lilymorre-Bell Ringr

Angela-Healer

Patch- annoying rat spy

Spoofed healers and a couple other beasts...

Log:

RW Abbey: Infirmary Recovery
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This comfortable but spartan room has several small alcoves lining the wall. Infirmary bunks with resting and recovering patients lie in these alcoves, each cordoned off with a gossamer drapery of linen for privacy. The room is lit with oil lamps and the pleasing warmth of a small hearth fire. This room is kept quiet, except for the occasional snore, hacking cough or sniffle of its sleeping infirmary occupants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch is here, sitting in a chair..and playing around  with a surgical knife...least he isn't stabling things with it.

The door opens to the recovery room and Sister Pepper walks in, she stops and frowns pointing a finger at Patch, "Put that back where you found it, if any of them are missing next time I do an inventory I will know who to blame." The elderly hamster advances on Patch intent to give him a lecture but is stopped as Benar steps inside the room. He pauses in the doorway and folds his hands into his sleeves then kicks the door shut behind him so it shuts with a thump, "We really need to stop meeting like this Marek, you bandaged up inside my Infirmary."

LilyMoore knocks on the door leading to the Infirmary. "Abbot Benar? Can I please come in? Marek's my friend, and all his horrible burns.....he should have a /friend/ there if....when he wakes up....please?" This has been a nerve-wracking, heart-wrenching past while for the mouse maid since the stoat came to the Abbey...especially since she hasn't been  allowed in. In the room, Angela is bending over her patient, leaning heavily on her staff and muttering darkly. Valerie the vixen, bodyguard/personal healer to Blisa, is also in here, waiting beside a trolley to assist the old mouse Healer. The fox's lips are pursed. Neither Healer looks happy.

After several minutes of constant supervision by the now sizable group of people crowding the infirmary, Marek begins to stir. Within a few moments, he opens one eye and looks around weakly, the other eye, heavily burnt and infected, refuses to open. He says nothing at the moment, but at last the temporary chieftain of Ferravale has awoken.

Patch frowns and drops the surgical knife and eeeps, He frowns "I wasn't gonna stab no one...unless they were needing it..."He glaces over at Marek as he wakes up and grins "Sleeping beauty has awoken "

Benar settles down on the edge of the bed, not saying anything, watching as Marek stirs, he takes a deep breath and sighs turning to Valarie, "Someone tell Lilly he has a friend here.... she... is much too young to see him like this," He reaches out, taking Marek's hand carefully in his, "What have you done now Marek," He sighs softly and squeezes that hand gently, "You can't go a season without causing some new trouble can you?" Sister Pepper takes the knife off Patch and wags a finger under his nose then sets down the bowl of fresh hot water she was bringing for Angela. The hamster then bobs a curtsey at the abbot and starts back out of the room.

LilyMoore hops on the balls of her shoeless (as usual) feet. "Abbot Benar?" Valerie nods, giving the stoat a slight glare. "I'll be right back." She turns and heads to the door, smiling slightly at the hamster Healer. "Thanks. We really needed that," she quietly tells her, talking about the hot water. They have everything else on the trolley. Angela leans into the stoat's line of vision, which is probably not the most pleasant experience. "Listen, son. I've put up with a lot outta you. But gettin' caught up in some buildin' or other explodin' an' tryin' to fry yerself, worryin' m' great-granddaughter to death, are not necessarily things I'm willin' to jes' let slide by. Now you'd better explain yerself," she grumbles as she goes to check on his wounds. She's trying to hide it, but she's obviously worried about his eye.

Marek listens quietly to his chastizing as he begins to stir. "Ms. Angela, do try to speak softer, it would seem my recovery has not been complete" He then proceeds to look around a bit more but collapses back onto the bed before he can do so. "I presume you will want to hear my account of affairs, and I will oblige" He clears his throat as best he can, but the pain refuses to allow him to do so. "After Ms. Blisa was captured, Mr Nightbreath and I took command of Ferravale, however we suffered an embarrassing defeat at the paws of my brother, and I realized the situation was nearing hopelessness. In a last ditch effort, I chose to sacrifice myself by luring my brother's forces into the tavern and then destroying it through the use of a highly explosive compound I purchased several weeks ago from Mr. Mergleton, who has no doubt made his way to Mossflower by now" His eyes gloss over int thought for a moment. "I remember little of what happened afterwards, but I am certain the tavern was completely destroyed in the process along with at least forty percent of my brother's forces, I awoke within an old mine shaft and identified it as the same one used by Quade and his men a few short seasons ago and managed to find my way to Redwall, then I awoke here"

Patch is ready to listen, he knows what happen but...well...will let Marek explain as he steps back and sits down.

Sister Pepper  inclines her head to Valarie and opens the door, she stands and stares down at LilyMore, then sidesteps the young mouse and leaves her to Valerie who is right behind her.

Benar meanwhile remains where he is, sat on the edge of the bed, holding Marek's hand, "Well this is a fine pickle you are in Marek. I don't think I've seen a beast so..." He stops talking as Marek reports and sighs, "Shush Marek, we can wait until you are recovered but... thank you it sounds like you've done a lot of damage to your brother's horde... the Abbey is in a less precarious position thanks to this."

He sits up and looks at Angela, making sure his face is out of Marek's sight before mouthing to her, "How bad is he?" He nods to Marek before speaking out loud, "You need to rest and do what Angela says, once she says so I'll let you have visitors. Lily wants to see you desperately but I am leaving you in Angela's hands."

Angela frowns and shakes her head slightly as she glances up at the Abbot. Her unspoken answer is 'not good', but she says out loud, "Aye, ye'll live. I'll make sure of it. Lily'll kill me if I let y'die." "Die? Is Marek gonna die??" LilyMoore definitely heard that through the open doorway, and now she darts in, only to be caught by Valerie (who is used to this kind of thing, to be honest). "No, LilyMoore, you shouldn't see him yet, he needs his rest!" "LET ME SEE MY FRIEND!" The mouse falls to the ground, much to the vixen's surprise, and the Bell ringer slips out of her arms and (somehow quietly) runs into the room, a furious Healer fox at her heels.

Marek coughs and smiles as Lilymoore. walks in. "I'll be fine, child, although it seems I cannot say the same for one of my eyes" He attempts to lay back further, glancing at Angela. "I know that you cannot save my eye, Ms. Angela but fear not, I do not intend on dying today. I shall remain standing for as long as Mossflower may need me, and as long as my brother draws breath, so shall I"

Patch smirks"As I said...Marek likes ta slap death in de face."

Benar sighs and squeezes Marek's hand then stands up and moves forward to catch Lily in his arms and robes, practically bundling her up. If there is one thing the Abbot can do it's bundle people up in his habit. "No Lily... Marek needs to rest, come along, we need to leave Angela to her work...." he tries to keep a firm grip on her and march her out of the room.

LilyMoore has already seen her friend, and her paws fly up to cover her mouth as tears form in her eyes. "Marek...." Angela glances over and sighs. "Ah, let 'er stay, Abbot. 'Twill be easier than tryin' to keep 'er out, and she's already seen what 'e did to 'imself. May'ap she'll 'elp 'im recover faster," She adds, even though that may not be a thing. The mouse maid is bundled up in the Abbot's robes, but she's not moving. She's surprisingly strong and hard to move without bodily lifting her off the floor. Valerie glances at the rat and says dryly, "Death almost won, though." She then goes to assist the old mouse Healer as she goes to change the dressing on the burns, a huge tub of some sort of sweet-smelling cream nearby to be smeared on the injuries.

Marek nods. "I understand, Ms. Angela" He calmly says and he begins to drift back to sleep. "We, must...defend" Before too long Marek has gone to sleep, with the rising and falling of his chest indicating that he is still alive, though it will take some time before he is ready to speak again.

Benar looks down at Lily and sighs and releases her, "Lily... I am not happy with you forcing your way into here... that is not becoming of my Bell ringer, but.. see how you can help him," He turns to look back at Marek and sighs, "Please rest Marek..." He walks over and places a hand on the stoat's shoulder and sighs, "Oh Marek...."

Patch watches Marek as he snorts "Well guess I am staying in ya infirm...ta guard him, ya know make sure no one brothers him" He hmmms and looks around.

LilyMoore rushes over to her friend's side, sitting on the edge of the bed. A tear courses down her cheek. "Oh, Marek...." Angela and Valerie continue to try and heal the stoat as best as they can, the vixen scowling darkly because she didn't get a chance to scold him for running away from her in the middle of the battle when he was having what she's pretty sure was a heart attack. She's have to scold him later. Angela, though, does glance at the rat. "Either guard from in the Infirmary proper or leave entirely. Your choice."

Patch leans back in his chair "Too cozy ya old bag."He closes his eyes as if to relax and waves his paw around "Be a dear and fetch me some grub"

Benar stands by the door then opens it and heads out, "Lily... please remember the lunch bell ringer, don't neglect your other duties please. I know Marek needs friends but the Abbey still needs you as well."

LilyMoore just stays by her friend's side, watching him sleep. "Okay, Abbot. I'll make sure to ring the bells on time....I'll eat up here." Angela turns a withering glare towards the rat. Oh, he went and done it. Muttering and gesturing at Valerie, who just gives the spy a smirking smile and takes over redressing the stoat's wounds from the mouse. The old Healer advances on the rat, waving her staff dangerously. "WHAT did y'just call me??"

Benar says, "No Lily, you will eat in the dining hall like everyone else," He folds his arms, "That's my condition for you being allowed to stay in here and help your Grandmother with Marek's care. I won't have you wearing yourself out by not looking after yourself properly.""

Patch opens his eyes to see Anglea in his face and screams falling backwards chair and all to the floor as he frowns "I..umm...."He looks to the Abbot as if asking for help.

LilyMoore thinks for a moment, then nods. "Okay. I'll eat in the dining hall. But I'll do all my studying in here. Maybe if I read to him while he's asleep, it'll help him." Angela towers over the rat and puts the end of her staff mere centimeters from his nose, the knotted strings and cords she has tied to it dangling over his chest. "Y'won't sass me, vermin! Y'will respect me, or ye /will/ regret it! Do y'understand me??" Valerie looks up from her work, scowling at the mouse for the 'vermin' remark. But for now she stays silent. No way is she going to upset the irate Healer more right now.

Benar says, "That's good Lily, reading to him will help, or so I am told," He flicks a glance at Angela and coughs, "Angela, language please, there are children present," It's a suggestion more then a rebuke, as close as the Abbot will get to out right telling her off for using the V word, "Thanks for agreeing to look after him Lily," And then he is through the door and gone before Angela can turn on him.

Patch nods quickly and the abbot abandons him "Hey!" He yells and frowns at the healer "So...ya need anything..I was,,,heading off ta...maybe the Abbot needs some help"

LilyMoore nods and gets a chair. Setting it at the stoat's bedside, she sits in it and ignores what her great-grandmother is doing. She knows better than to interfere with that. Angela scowls at the retreating Abbot, then glances at the vixen, who scowls in return. "Ah, sorry, Valerie." Turning back to the rat, she steps back and gestures towards the door with her staff. "Go on, get out....an' don't come back 'less you 'ave an injury." Turning back to her patient, she continues to administer to him what he needs. When it's time, Lily slips out to ring the bells. She'll be back when she's done eating.

Patch frowns "But....Marek..."He snorts but slips off. For now.

Last edited by oz (2018-08-30 06:31:45 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

Board footer