Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-22 03:46:23 PM

oz

The Solution- Fate Of Marek TP

**Quick note I just logged this none of my characters are in this ***

Who:

Marek- Ambassator of Ferravale, Tavern Owner

Nightbreath-Seer of Ferravale

Ormaz- Evil Horde Leader( Briefly at end of log)

Spoofs of guards

Log:

Several days have passed since the initial invasion of Ferravale, and while the hordes of Ormaz have mostly wrenched control from the paws of the leaders, the fighting still rages on. Bodies litter the streets, fires rage and several destroyed homes dot the landscape, meanwhile inside the Town Hall now fortified against those who occupied it not long prior sit the disgraced and imprisoned leaders of Ferravale: Marek and Nightbreath, being kept alive along enough to watch Mossflower crumble around them. Inside the cold and unforgiving cell, Marek mediates, deep in thought as the guards around him attempt to keep their nerves in the presence of the two imposing figures, both sides wondering what may happen next, the tension grows ever higher as the conflict marches swiftly towards it's conclusion.

Of the two captives, Nightbreath appears to be having even more of an effect on the guard beasts. It's not often that he really plays up the drama and mystery of being a Seer, but this seems as good a time as any. "Eheheheh," he cackles, in a way that Marek would know was completely out of character. "All the little lights, flames of souls, going silent one by one. All around us they hang."

Marek opens one eye and raises an eyebrow at first, only to realize what Nightbreath is attempting to do, but closes his eye again and maintains his eerie silence so much so that it can almost be heard, fueling the macabre atmosphere of the holding cell to a frightening degree before suddenly and without warning he begins to chant along with Nightbreath in what sounds like a language few can understand but is in fact gibberish. "Orble, anna fusah nero elay Kah, ORBLE ANNA FUSAH NERO ELAY KAHHHH!"

Nightbreath begins to speak in response, thundering out a dissonant dirge. "I'thu kor rakt talz Skaal'ibaad, i'thu kor! Death comes on black wings!"

Marek turns his head towards the guard nearest to him and smiles before abruptly and violently opening his eyes and staring intensely forward. 'ERGA FORSHE BORGA DAH! DEATH COMES FOR YOU, FEEL IT'S ICY BREATH!"

Nightbreath spasms and crumples to the floor suddenly, going totally still, appearing not to breathe, as if he's spontaneously dropped dead.

Marek follows suits as he falls to the ground, holding his chest and foaming at the mouth to increase the obviously fake effect. "Death comes for...death...comes..." he then falls limp

Awkwardly,a guard leans down, prodding Nightbreath carefully with the blunt end of his spear. As if electrocuted, the Seer surges upright, restricted in movement due to his chains, but able to nearly stand up fully, rattling the chains eerily as he thunders, "I AWAKE ONCE MORE, FROM BEYOND THE DARK FIRE! IF YE WISH TO JOIN US IN DEATH, STAY IN MY SIGHT! THE SEER'S GAZE LAYS WASTE TO ALL BEFORE ME! I SEE YOUR FACE....I SEE YOUR END!" The spear falls from nerveless paws and the guard makes a hasty retreat out of the room. As if that were an unspoken signal, the rest run out with him at varying speeds, slamming the door behind them, leaving Nightbreath and Marek alone.

Marek stands up calmly and dusts himself off. "That was...humiliating to say the least but it gives us time to speak alone, I would take it that you have foreseen something of great importance and I do have something I wish to discuss. Let us see what comes of this, before the guards realize our ruse"

Nightbreath laughs a little, grinning to reveal his fangs in a quick flash. Then his expression returns to its usual somber state. "I have something. I'm not sure of it yet however. What did you want to discuss? Maybe whatever you have to say will have some bearing on it..."

Marek nods and proceeds to speak. "For many seasons I have been suppressing my darker side, fearing that some beast may seek to use it against me as Quade did. However, in this conflict I fear that the only solution to defeating my brother is to embrace the darkness and truly think of this, as I once did, like a Chess Game" he takes a deep breath and his tone suddenly shifts to a much darker one, a tone not heard since the day he punished those who destroyed Scion, a tone reminiscent of a much more sadistic stoat and one that would send chill up the spines of lesser beasts. "I have a solution to the current conflict, Mr. Nightbreath, It will end this once and for all, but will have...consequences"

Nightbreath gazes at Marek with some degree of sorrow in his eyes. "I understand. And for what it's worth, I believe you may be right. The key is to walk the line. Darkness and light," he says, as torchlight flickers from outside the cell. "Wrath and honor. Are the strong dutybound to protect the weak?" he muses. "Or are they strongest alone?" He shakes his head to bring himself back to reality, such as it is. "Speak then. Your solution?"

"Surrender" Marek states bluntly. "Or so it will seem, when the guards ultimately return with my brother in tow, I shall express my desire to negotiate our surrender and end the conflict. I will ask that things end where they began, within the walls of the Ferravale Tavern. I shall meet with my brother's lieutenants and the members of his horde to sign over all of Ferravale to my brother. Meanwhile, you shall distract my brother and keep him away from the tavern until the proceedings are complete and his lieutenants have returned" he turns his gaze directly at Nightbreath and his voice becomes more serious than it has ever been. "But they will not return, none of us will return. I intend to destroy the tavern with myself inside. I will rob my brother of the opportunity to end my life as well as cripple his forces enough for him to face his end at Redwall. This conflict MUST end"

Nightbreath listens closely, and nods. "I cannot change your mind, I can see that clearly. Nor should I; I can feel the threads aligning. And now I see why." He places his paws on Marek's shoulders suddenly, looking him straight in the eye. "Do what you must. I will play my part, laid out for me by you and by Fate. And..." he pauses, holding back emotion. Then, he realizes: Why bother? "And I'm sorry," he finishes in a whisper. "It is unclear whether it ends for you here or later. The threads spin, tangled around each other as a fire is lit below....I see it all now," he continues, eyes misting over. This, unlike his display moments before, is genuine. This, then, is the power of a Seer. "Fire before ice, and darkness between. Something moves beneath the tides of time Something razor-sharp in tooth and claw. But at what cost?"

Marek nods as his voice returns to normal just in time for the steps of the guards returning to the cell with Ormaz in tow, seething with anger. Marek stands and faces his brother with a somber look in his eye. "I wish to negotiate our surrender, brother. You've won"

Last edited by oz (2018-08-22 06:53:19 PM)

I play:
Brother Gorvenalus-Redwall Abbey Recorder,  Private Cole,a runner, of the Long Patrol
Oz( Yes named after Papa Oz) young adult and Novice in Redwall.

#2 2018-08-22 06:20:33 PM

Karth Riverbark

Re: The Solution- Fate Of Marek TP

Whoa.....yeah I most likely would of run from that too smile

My spoofs:Atvi...and Alts=
Ewan Benjamin Delaney Tanner Mosswell Jahveri- LP Hare Fighter/Private and Residential Redwall Abbey Hare
Dearil-Archer/Fighter/Assassin in Blackrose

#3 2018-08-22 06:29:07 PM

The_Brony_Marek

Re: The Solution- Fate Of Marek TP

I know right? But when you think about it from the readers perspective this is the silliest Marek has ever been.

#4 2018-08-30 02:20:42 PM

BlisaMarshmellow

Board footer