Redwall MUCK Forum

Redwall MUCK is an interactive, multiplayer text game set in Brian Jacques' Redwall universe.

Visit RWMUCK.ORG for more info!

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-20 12:18:13 PM

Leon

Leon And Zinnia's Chat:Redwall Log

Redwall Log:

Leon-Master Healer and Brother at Redwall
Zinnia- Visitor to the abbey, Sister and also mate to Takeo
Xander- Son to Zinnia and warrior in training

Rw Abbey: Infirmary
------------------------------------------------------
Several beds are lined against the red sandstone walls of the Abbey's Infirmary. An examination table, separated from the rest of the room by hanging blankets, rests against the far wall.  Tucked into a small alcove is a sizeable workbench with various containers for mixing and preparing medicinal compounds.  Against another wall is a desk for use by the Infirmary Keeper.  A curtained off alcove behind the desk hides a locked door to the Infirmary's supplies and linens.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leon steps into the infirm, he will least work a little before the feast and he did promise to check on Xander. First he checks the wound on the collarbone and shoulder blade area front and back, then seeing how the cuts on the arm are.   

Xander is still in a deep faint, not much change since he was brought in almost 3 days ago. He has a fever and he mutters every so often. His pulse gets dangerous low, as does his breathing sometimes and then gets to better levels again. The only good news is there is no infection and the wounds are slowly healing.   

Leon sighs and he gets a cool cloth and places it on Xander's forehead and cleans the wounds best he can and applies needed herbs to prevent infection and swelling before he bandages them again and checks on a mouse in here with some cuts on their wrist.   

Zinnia walks into the infirm rather slowly and goes to where Xander is and frowns "Xander..."   

Xander doesn't respond or do anything to show he hears her even, his only movement is the rising and falling of his chest to show he still lives but it's clear he is still in bad shape.

Leon looks over after tending to the mouse with cut wrists and walks over "Sister Zinnia...you should be resting in bed. Are you feeling ok?"   

Zinnia frowns "Am I feeling ok?..No..my son is in a deep faint and...could die and" She sighs and sits in a chair beside Xander" Other than just slight soreness and being a little tried.....maybe some stress, I am about as well as I can be Brother Leon"   

Leon frowns "I have done all I can, so has Angela...and I think even Takeo has come in here."   

Zinnia speaks "Can you be honest with me.....will he live or die? Please tell me"

Leon sighs "I..I don't know there hasn’t been a change good or bad yet...wounds are not infected and are slowly healing, that IS a good sign...I asked what happen, a couple beasts...if Zolomon didn’t fire that arrow and hit the fox when he did, well we would be planning a funeral and not a feast right now most likely..Zolomon saved his life or Xander would be dead now" He tries to sound hopeful "We just have to see if he pulls through, it’s all we can do"   

Zinnia just nods, tears threaten to fall, "It’s just.....I didn’t get to see how injured he truly was and maybe that’s a good thing at the time. I barely knew my mate was ok when I thought the fox killed him or some marten....the fox shoved me into the ditch with icy water and...I could of easily drowned, me and my cubs, but someone saved me."   

Leon nods" I heard...Marek got you out of the ditch, or least prevented you from sinking Takeo pulled you two back up and I know Marek got you to the abbey gates, even made sure Takeo, Xander and a couple others got to the abbey before he went to his tavern. He is supposed to be at the feast, if he comes"   

Zinnia says, "I remember the ditch a little...and him getting my paw and being pulled up..then it’s sort of a blur till I woke up in Uncle Oz's room."

Leon says, "Oz and Rayen was there when the twins were born....I was with Takeo tending to Xander and Angela was I believe tending to the freed slaves wounds"

Zinnia manages a small smile "Uncle Oz helped keep an eye on the twins...I named them Zork and Northstar, after papa and Uncle Oz's late mate"   

Leon smiles "I like the names"   

Zinnia says, "I asked Uncle Oz is it was ok first and he said yes"   

Leon asks, "Most likely was a good idea, were you and Takeo going to the feast?"

Zinnia nods "I think so" She looks to the open ground "I want to go to papa's grave, come with me?"

Rw Abbey:Graveyard
----------------------------------------------
This is a small natural clearing in the forest growth.  Ancient trees tower over the area, arching over to make an interlaced roof on the clearing, keeping the area dark and shaded through the day and night. The floor is bare except for some small plants and forest mulch.  As an entrance to this place, there are two large oaks that have branches that grew together to form a natural arch. At the foot of the largest one, between the roots, a fresh mound has been dug. In the clearing there are small patches of freshly turned earth, and rocks lining a few of them.  A burial ground.  In the shadows of this place, there is silence for the dead.
----------------------------------------

Leon follows the badger to the graveyard and silently stands off to the side.

Zinnia walks over to Zork’s grave and traces the name on the tombstone “Hey Papa…Sorry been away so long, I heard you got Uncle Zee there now, wish he was buried at the abbey but I understand, tell him I said Hello..” She frowns “Papa…please don’t let Xander cross into the dark forest, not yet and in fact not for a long time”

Leon frowns but stays quiet.

Zinnia closes her eyes and then opens them again. She stands there for a short while looking over the graves. “Did anyone else die..I was told by Xander on….Uncle Zee. I just wish I was here to say goodbye when it happen”

Leon walks over and lays a paw on her arm “I am sure he knows, he died peacefully…I wasn’t there, Oz was but from what understand it was very peaceful, he just sort of fell asleep…got to say his goodbyes and get things sorted he needed sorted…he knew when his time was up.”

Zinnia just nods and sighs. ”Ok let’s go elsewhere but here”

Leon smiles “ Sounds good to me, led the way”

Zinnia manages a small smile and heads back to the main abbey building.

Leon follows after her.

I play
Cota-grandson of Dorarose
Micco-Leader of the Gawtribe

Board footer